AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 07:45   Link #1
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita

Fujimishobo announced that the light novel Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita." (I reluctantly decided to find a job because I couldn't become Yusha.) will get an anime adaptation.

Novel Site

Synopsis:

Quote:
The story takes place in a fantasy world, where the northern land of the continent has been ruled by the devil king. People who are qualified to be "Yusha" by a national exam will be sent to the devil's land to combat the demons. Raul Chaser is the top student at the prep school for becoming Yusha, but Yusha system has been abolished when one of the Yusha defeated the devil king. Raul struggled to find a job in the middle of the recession due to the fall of the devil's kingdom, and finally he managed to become a clerk at a small magic item shop. One day, an applicant for a part-time job visits his shop. The girl, Phino Bloodstone, is the daughter of the defeated devil's king.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:47   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

That sounds like an interesting premise.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:51   Link #3
mistress_kisara

Name too long!!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:54   Link #4
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Despite its obnoxiously irritating name (which OreImo started this trend IMO), the premise looks interesting and I'm curious to see what's the fuzz about.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:58   Link #5
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Though I never read the novel.. I think I got the theme of this anime. A tsundere girl taking revenge for her Father.... maybe, probably... I'm wrong..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:52   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The story sounds interesting at least, but I just can't get rid of this feeling that the premise is an amalgamation of Maoyuu and Hagure Yuusha .
Old 2013-01-15, 10:00   Link #7
Cyprene

Quote:
The story sounds interesting at least, but I just can't get rid of this feeling that the premise is an amalgamation of Maoyuu and Hagure Yuusha .
It is... very different. I read the summary yesterday.
A light comedy about a hero and Demon King working at a fantasy convenience store. Almost all silly jokes. Probably closer to Senyuu than anything.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:15   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
A light comedy about a hero and Demon King working at a fantasy convenience store. Almost all silly jokes. Probably closer to Senyuu than anything.
Well, I didn’t bother to look for other synopsis and just go with what the OP provided. There I found some words: “school for becoming yuusha”, “one of the Yusha defeated the devil king”, “recession due to the fall of the devil's kingdom”, “daughter of the defeated devil's king”. After reading those, I can’t help but feeling the vibe of Hagure Yuusha and a tiny bit of Maoyuu. Not to mention the modern day setting.

I really hope that you’re right though, that the story will be very different and more original to establish its own identity.

(but the title itself is already a victim of the long-title habit popularized by a certain LN/anime some time ago )
Old 2013-01-15, 11:10   Link #9
Cyprene

Here's a brief paragraph I translated off the novel site, which should give you a taste:

To be honest, Raoul had thought it would be easy to find a job. He was , after all, the valedctorean of Hero Academy, and the first person to get an S Grade in the national hero exams. He had never doubted for a minute that he was the chosen one, destined to become a hero, and given his amazing talents, he was sure all the companies would be scrambling to hire him.
"But in the end the only education I had was a trade school, and knowing how to clear a dungeon, or what a demon's weak points are, or how to get through Demon territory doesn't help you at all at most companies. And when I'd say, "I'm confident in my combat abilities!", they'd just reply "Do you have any certifications?""
...sadly, it wasn't that easy.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:21   Link #10
Midonin
Last Engage

Actually, the closest thing I thought of when I read the summary was the upcoming Hataraku Maou-sama, only with the hero being the one doing the menial labor and the demon being the one tracking them down. Either way, it involves fantasy heroes in mundane situations, and that's a combination of elements I am perfectly okay with.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:47   Link #11
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Actually, the closest thing I thought of when I read the summary was the upcoming Hataraku Maou-sama, only with the hero being the one doing the menial labor and the demon being the one tracking them down. Either way, it involves fantasy heroes in mundane situations, and that's a combination of elements I am perfectly okay with.
Same here. And since this is animated first, now, we will have Hataraku Maou getting compared to this ^^;
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 16:54   Link #12
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Name too long!!
LOL, I imagine the translate in english or spanish
Old 2013-01-19, 19:08   Link #13
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Umm ... huh?

Well ... err ... I guess I will give ep 1 a try.

Because ... well ... why not?
Old 2013-05-08, 09:35   Link #14
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Staff revealed:
Director: Kinji Yoshimoto
Series Composition: Masashi Suzuki
Character Design: Tetsuya Takeuchi
Animation Production: Asread

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The artwork is very different from the novels' illustrations but I personally like it since the designs reminds me of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. Given the studio, I am very worried by how low-budget the animation will be like though.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 17:53   Link #15
Midonin
Last Engage

And we have a teaser website up.
Old 2013-05-20, 07:21   Link #16
Violet Rabbit

I'm actually really enjoying The Devil is a Part-Timer (I kinda got used to reading English names, this being one of them, so don't kill me), so this is something I'll want to check out.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:42   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Same here. And since this is animated first, now, we will have Hataraku Maou getting compared to this ^^;
I just remembered this post. Well, I guess we don't have to worry anymore since Hataraku Maou-sama already got its own anime and loved by legions .
Old 2013-07-18, 05:49   Link #18
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Seiyuu cast revealed

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4500209.html

And the seiyuu's are pretty new and have not done roles in animes, so i am not sure how good it will be: Tadokaro Azusa , Shimagata Maina, Iwasaki Kanae and Koumoto Keisuke

edit: I never read the original LN's but i seem to recognize the art for some reason

later edit: ah, no wonder . The original art was done by Inuzumi Masaki , who also did the art of some eroges made by Aries.
And it seems that the art of the anime (based on the one image that we have now) is vastly inferior (which is expected though)

Last edited by hyl; 2013-07-18 at 06:09.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 18:08   Link #19
Tenzen12

I read first (and sole) chapter of manga and it's very fun. Demon kings kid is hillarious

I will be looking forward this
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 07:08   Link #20
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I enjoyed Hatarakou Maou-sama

altough this is getting too many, devil stories with heroes to be exact, this might be interesting

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem