AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-01-16, 12:04   Link #1
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Sorrow and Depression

Not everything in life is the happy sunshine and joy, a lot of it has negative aspects that haunt and torment us. Day in. Day out. Those days where you are bummed out, those days where you are annoyed, those days something does not go your way, those days you get bad news, those days you don't feel like getting out of bed, and those days where you wonder if the life you are living is going to change. Yelling and screaming in silence. Your cognitive faculties do not feel like functioning due to your emotional state which you assume can be rectified, but nothing ever works. A winter of discontent and anguish. All of which slowly erodes all happiness you once felt until there is only the dark abyss of the unknown humanity dubs in the English language as oblivion. We have philosophical topics in this forum including religion, death, guns, piracy, sexuality, teaching Japanese, surviving the apocalypse, and fears so I thought this would be one worth starting, mainly because this is a subject that is on my mind a lot of the time, especially recently.

What are your experiences with sorrow and depression that you are willing to share?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 13:10   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think we had one similar topic a few years ago, but I don't know if people really want to talk about it. Personally, I can't, because to me, it's only a state of mind that comes and goes pretty quickly...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 17:30   Link #3
Top Sergeant

To me depression is one of the most destructive states a person can be in.

There are miracles and wonders everywhere around you. Look for them. They may help to lift you back on your feet. I found this AMV, and I think its wonderful, and encouraging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAAoLAcZTAA
Old 2016-01-16, 20:12   Link #4
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
To me depression is one of the most destructive states a person can be in.

There are miracles and wonders everywhere around you. Look for them. They may help to lift you back on your feet.
If only I could share this enthusiasm. I see miracles and wonders every now and then, none of it is strong enough to relief the mental pain I have been feeling since 2010. For every one good thing spawned from mankind I can easily name many another failures and atrocities that display the ugly side of human nature. Speaking from experience, some wounds you can't heal from until the ailment's origin is excised, like a plank stabbing you in the brain kind of like that old CSI episode. You eventually forget what common sense is since you feel no positive emotion for so long. Real depression is not being lifted back on your feet by some news story, it is thinking many hours if not nights of questioning not your own self but rather how you hope the end will come and how soon. Just this past week I lost almost half a night of sleep over just being miserable and whenever I am not sad I am usually angry.
Quote:
I found this AMV, and I think its wonderful, and encouraging.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, all I saw in that was an editing mess feature a bunch of anime do not know of.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 12:56   Link #5
Zanco
Intersteler Rock n Roller

I'm a celiac who is also allergic to a shit ton of other foods. My allergist said I have some advanced form of the disease. I have pains every day because of this and half of my shits make me nearly pass out. For a while I even drank for a long time to deal with it and all that did was fuck up my stomach lining at an early age. I have to be 5x as careful with what I put in my body and can't even go inside a bunch of places because the aroma of gluten has the effect of making me vomit if I just ate. I fucking hate my life and every day is a different hell. I abuse drugs to cope now, and have quit a ton of 'em (nos, lean, spice, coffee, and good ol' lucy) but I still keep going for new and better shit to forget yesterday or that tomorrow is coming in a few hours. I stay around my friends all the time because I can't stand being alone because of where my mind goes. I ain't trying to be over convincing about my personal hell but if a page from my book can help you then I'll be more than happy to. This is just a small part of my life, let me know if you wanna hear more from some one that is worse off than most. Some times that's all people need to hear to get their lives on track. I'm hear for all my Otaku homies.
Zanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 08:21   Link #6
Imperfection
A NEET in space

I had to break up with my ex gf of 2 years because she clearly lost feelings for me but was beating around the bush about it, it hurt a lot :/

It happened pretty recently, she was my first and i still have some depression, but i realized i did everything i could for her and now i just have to get through it. Talking about it and letting people in + doing things you like really helps with the depression and makes sense of it. I feel hopeful about having a new start with someone, and even having some stress free single time

I have had plenty of depression when i was younger since i was pretty invisible to most people, and shy, it was hard to make friends. Im past that though, i think im a lot more social now
Imperfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 01:00   Link #7
beerbrew

Hmm.. I can't seem to relate to this. But does mood swing count to this? Depression to me seems to be caused by a chemical imbalance or some interference that's causing psychological effects. Could it be that the foods we eat - especially the processed, treated, or engineered ones - contribute to depression? Just a thought that's been in my head for some time now.

We make quality romance and eroge visual novels! If you're after a touching story along with your sexy scenes, look no further! Please visit our Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/paperwaifu to download and play our games for free.

Currently working on Ramen no Oujisama [Play FREE online]
beerbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 11:04   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

all I know is that Depression and Anxiety just makes things worse.

the best possible medicine for people is comedy or teach yourself to smile all the time.
Old 2016-11-19, 10:09   Link #9
Draco Spirit

I found its best to find something to distract yourself with. Sports are pretty good, silly romantic comady anime work too, but whatever you do, don't spend hours alone thinking, you be in a worse state than you started for sure.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 13:35   Link #10
Brother Coa
Banned

Depression is my problem as well, but that's what I get for reading all those excellent sci-fi books and envision the great future we could have only to have it crushed by reality and how uninterested everyone is in advancing Humanity in that direction at fast pace...

But there are ways to fight it. Good video game, a couple of drinks with your pals, anime and good movies, spending time with your loved ones ( family or girlfriend ) can all help in fighting it.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 23:09   Link #11
Megawolf

I suffer from this time to time, even though I have a therapist and psychiatrist for my mental illness I still find it difficult to talk about depression, since I think I would look like some ungrateful bastard for complaining about life. Sometimes a good anime or song can inspire me to stay optimistic and believe in myself once more like when I was younger. That and finding communities that share the same grief as I do, somehow I found comfort that I'm not the only one.
Megawolf is offline   Reply With Quote