3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-29, 14:12   Link #141
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
His whole mental state has become disrupted/unstable, it's not just that. I guess there's a lot of material the anime skipped.
I haven't read the manga, but I guess it makes for better drama in the anime to make Riddhe flip out over getting rejected. lol
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 17:52   Link #142
WefiDasst

Manga is the same as OVA, the Novel is a Novel. they omitted allot of stuff, and Bandai stated things will change.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:48   Link #143
Destined_Fate

Well, it isn't their fault. They would need at least 20 episode to get every little thing added in.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 23:50   Link #144
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

May be they could do a TV series if this goes well
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 02:31   Link #145
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I haven't read the manga, but I guess it makes for better drama in the anime to make Riddhe flip out over getting rejected. lol
in the first 3 episodes, i was kinda pissed off at Audrey because I thought she was using Banagher and Riddhe just to get what she wanted (well, technically she did use them but for the good, ofcourse)

I guess that's what you call acting on impulse. the effect she had on the lives of these two men were apparently very great. Banagher gave up everything he had to help Audrey. Riddhe was willing to give up his family for Audrey too.

they wanted to help her in two very different ways..

Banagher wants to set Audrey free
Spoiler for Banana:

Riddhe wants to set her free
Spoiler for Riddhe:
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 10:40   Link #146
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
they wanted to help her in two very different ways..

Banagher wants to set Audrey free
Spoiler for Banana:

Riddhe wants to set her free
Spoiler for Riddhe:
The 2 different way of their love is also very interesting

Banagher:"I will do everything for you, just tell me you need me."

Riddle:"Even if this whole world is twisted, but if protecting it means protecting you(Mineva) i will do it."

while i personaly find Banagher a litte gallant(also naive) and Riddle more mature, but well for the love drama the first was more appealing? Just consider what if Mineva was evil? e.g like Char/Haman she want to obliterate/conquer earth? Banagher would say yes Mam... but Riddle perhaps would choose another way which is "best" for her... his love isnt "blind", of course it was before he went crazy i hate Gundam and Mineva rejected him.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 13:16   Link #147
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
The 2 different way of their love is also very interesting

Banagher:"I will do everything for you, just tell me you need me."

Riddle:"Even if this whole world is twisted, but if protecting it means protecting you(Mineva) i will do it."

while i personaly find Banagher a litte gallant(also naive) and Riddle more mature, but well for the love drama the first was more appealing? Just consider what if Mineva was evil? e.g like Char/Haman she want to obliterate/conquer earth? Banagher would say yes Mam... but Riddle perhaps would choose another way which is "best" for her... his love isnt "blind", of course it was before he went crazy i hate Gundam and Mineva rejected him.
well actually, Banagher kind of sensed the manipulating side of Audrey in episode 2 and tried to slap it to her face and proving to her that hey, i have feelings too.... when she asked him to escape with her to destroy the Unicorn, Banagher rejected her.

well, if Audrey were evil i'm pretty sure Banagher would try to bring her back to her senses. If it were Riddhe, if "destroying my father, your enemy, would mean protecting you, then I'd do it!"

another 2 different ways of their love i noticed:

Banagher: I'll follow you wherever you go so please let me come with you (so much like blind obedience but I'm pretty sure this conviction is so because he believes Audrey will always do the right thing)

Riddhe: Come with me instead!! i'll keep you safe and we'll run away from everything. Damn be the world.

for Banagher, he is letting Audrey truly decide what she WANTS as a person and not as a political figure.

Riddhe, on the other hand, while he resents Audrey's position as Mineva Zabi, he is witholding the fact that even if they run away, Audrey will always be marked as a Zabi..

that's why for Banagher, the only way to "free" Audrey is not to run away... but to face her fears and face of with her destiny as a member of the Zabi family... and when it will all finally be over, she can live as Audrey Burne
Old 2012-05-31, 01:47   Link #148
LaSean

Meh...didn't really care for this episode, same with episode 4. Hopefully episode 6 is better.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 07:22   Link #149
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
Manga is the same as OVA, the Novel is a Novel. they omitted allot of stuff, and Bandai stated things will change.
Actually the manga isn't the same as the OVA. It's quite different in various regards.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:50   Link #150
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

ep5 is all a lot homage to older gundam series ( Zeta , Double Zeta, CCA )

case in point the line where Audrey/ Minerva " Goodbye, I've never forget you"loosely reminded me of Roux Louka line( ZZ ) and Riddie before he when to the "Dark side" played the role of Glemy

the dialog between Banarger and Mirada/Puru 12 ( Kamil/ Four&Rosami or Judau/ Puru 2)

i really like the quasi axis scene when the Unicorn glowed green and link the two ships together ( CCA )

last part
Beam spam that can put a freedom a run for it money
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 02:28   Link #151
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Actually the manga isn't the same as the OVA. It's quite different in various regards.
ah my bad, was told the Manga was made with the OVA in Mind(in terms of changes).

Guess we will be seeing full armor UC in 6?
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 04:19   Link #152
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
ah my bad, was told the Manga was made with the OVA in Mind(in terms of changes).
Maybe to provide background information for various parts where the anime didn't go into detail. For example, the testing of the RX-0 against the Silver Bullets.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 16:54   Link #153
DV04

I have a question to those that have read the novel. Do the Jesta's do anything in the novel? I really like the mobile suit design and was hoping to see them more in action. What we have gotten in episode 4 and 5 was pretty cool, but they didn't do a whole lot besides providing support or just flying around on the base jabber.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 21:23   Link #154
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
I have a question to those that have read the novel. Do the Jesta's do anything in the novel? I really like the mobile suit design and was hoping to see them more in action. What we have gotten in episode 4 and 5 was pretty cool, but they didn't do a whole lot besides providing support or just flying around on the base jabber.
I have the same question, but for the Ankshas instead.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 21:28   Link #155
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Basically more action sequences of the Tri Star. Think of them as good pilots that would actually star in main roles if given their own series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I have the same question, but for the Ankshas instead.
The Ankshas weren't as useless and actually give the Unicorn a hard time before getting shot down.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:08   Link #156
rakusukira

all I can say is, damn you Audrey for hypnotizing Banagher and Riddhe.. haha!!

I just love these cheezy love triangles.. thhe first guy always gets the girl
Old 2012-06-02, 11:26   Link #157
Destined_Fate

Just like the first girl always gets the guy? Hate that trope since life almost never happens that way and is way too predictable and overused.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 06:25   Link #158
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Just like the first girl always gets the guy? Hate that trope since life almost never happens that way and is way too predictable and overused.
other than that, Audrey now seems to take an interest in the strange connection she and Banagher share..

but if you think about it, Micott was the first girl Banagher interacted with but Micott will surely NEVER get the guy
Old 2012-06-04, 00:05   Link #159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I personally expect Marida to die. Not only because of what past series have commonly done with cyber newtypes, but because there is always one or more main/lead supporting character(s) that seems to bite the dust in UC Gundam series and Marida seems like the most likely one.

Anyways I'm just shocked, but thrilled, she has lasted this long (though for sure this episode was her last for a while there). Maybe they'll surprise us with her living out this whole series.
Well basically her whole situation was like a do over for Banagher after what happened last episode with Loni, but I think it just came down to her having more mental strength and Zinnerman also being along to help. Fortunate for her too that this time Riddhe passed out and wasn't able to spoil the whole attempt for a second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post

that's why for Banagher, the only way to "free" Audrey is not to run away... but to face her fears and face of with her destiny as a member of the Zabi family... and when it will all finally be over, she can live as Audrey Burne
Yeah Mineva is basically going through Char's whole Quattro arc with this Audrey Burne thing and has been trying to run away and hide from her destiny. Probably got the idea from him during the Gryps Conflict for all we know.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 00:11   Link #160
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well basically her whole situation was like a do over for Banagher after what happened last episode with Loni, but I think it just came down to her having more mental strength and Zinnerman also being along to help. Fortunate for her too that this time Riddhe passed out and wasn't able to spoil the whole attempt for a second time.
Riddhe took the shot to kill Loni,
Spoiler for :):

i just wish Marida would survive because ....because... i want her to have a happy ending, it's UC, happy endings don't, kind of, exist.. it will be a nice twist if she survives.

Tags
episode discussion