Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-28, 00:44   Link #181
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
sorry if already asked but what the song in the beggining of this video ? please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjuSiMMM2k
If I'm not mistaken, it's called M-01. It's in the OST CD2 that'll be released in October.
Old 2013-09-30, 05:46   Link #182
moncikoma

Best Music OP : Jiyuu no Tsubasa
Best music ED : Great escape
Best soundtrack : vogel im kavig or M-01
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:55   Link #183
Zeydra
A random passerby

I have a question for those who have the actual cd of the opening themes Jiyuu e no Shingeki. How's the sound quality? I know there was a bit of a mixed verdict back when it was leaked but I simply don't trust youtube uploads and the like when it comes to sound quality and was wondering if someone who owns the physical cd could weigh in on what the sound quality is like. I'm thinking of adding it to my November cdjapan order I'm planning but I want to make sure it was mastered properly before making up my mind.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:52   Link #184
SchierkeWiking

Somehow this cover just feels really right.

SchierkeWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:50   Link #185
Redone

I'm trying to figure out what the song is when Annie turns into a titan at the end of EP 23. I'm sure it's just me, but I could swear I've heard that music before somewhere else.
Redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 08:51   Link #186
normp571

Did anyone notice how many spoilers were in the second opening of AoT. http://needmyhonor.tumblr.com/post/6...re-red-striped
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 02:09   Link #187
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I just gave a listen to the OST 2, and while the tracks are quieter and less dynamic compared to the first OST's (except for one or two), they're still worth a listen. The piano arrangements of tracks such as Call Your Name and Bauklotze are quite nice.

On a side note, Sawano's track titles are getting weirder each time.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 04:47   Link #188
Zeydra
A random passerby

I've given it a bit of a listen and I really like what I've heard of this soundtrack so far. A lot of people are likely going to rate it as poor because there's only three upbeat tracks on the thing but I think it's quieter tracks (the ones I've listened to at any rate) are really rewarding to listen to. It does in my opinion a great job of bringing the other side of the series alive, with the quiet tracks doing a fantastic job of painting a picture of the more mental and subtle effects living in a world like Attack on Titan would create. I'll save my final verdict for when I get my copy in the mail next Tuesday but suffice to say my initial impression is extremely positive. This definitely isn't going to interest people who just want some bombastic epic tunes however.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:36   Link #189
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I've given it a bit of a listen and I really like what I've heard of this soundtrack so far. A lot of people are likely going to rate it as poor because there's only three upbeat tracks on the thing but I think it's quieter tracks (the ones I've listened to at any rate) are really rewarding to listen to. It does in my opinion a great job of bringing the other side of the series alive, with the quiet tracks doing a fantastic job of painting a picture of the more mental and subtle effects living in a world like Attack on Titan would create. I'll save my final verdict for when I get my copy in the mail next Tuesday but suffice to say my initial impression is extremely positive. This definitely isn't going to interest people who just want some bombastic epic tunes however.
That sounded fairly condescending. I don't think it's as good as the first one but it's not bad, I appreciate non epic tracks, but even by the separate taste I have for those it's not as good as the first one.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:43   Link #190
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

What the OST when titan Eren is on top of Annie and smashed her head and hand off in the final episode?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.
Old 2013-10-19, 10:17   Link #191
Preciize
Them Feels~

For the most part OST 2 in my opinion is much more mellow than the first one and thus shows a darker side of Shingeki no Kyojin.
Old 2013-10-26, 08:49   Link #192
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
That sounded fairly condescending. I don't think it's as good as the first one but it's not bad, I appreciate non epic tracks, but even by the separate taste I have for those it's not as good as the first one.
My apologies, I tend to be a bit up myself in how I act.

Anyhow, I've finally sat down with my copy and given it a proper listen. I'm in two minds overall about it, on the one hand it's a bonus and more an expansion pack to the first soundtrack than anything and in that regard I would rate it highly. On the other hand it's basically got everything a proper release should have right down to the inserts to make a proper release, and judging it on that I would be a bit more scathing. I think with a bit more effort by perhaps including some of the variations of themes used in the series this could have both been a better soundtrack and given a proper release.

Overall I think for what it is it's a solid enough soundtrack. It's not Sawano's best work and a bit more effort could have produced something special in terms of tracks included, but I'm happy enough with it as a companion to the first soundtrack. As for the soundtracks combined, while they're not the best I've heard from Sawano I think they perfectly captured feel of the series. And with that it's farewell to Attack on Titan for the indefinite future.
Old 2013-10-26, 09:07   Link #193
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sawano's score for this was more like Attack of Mediocrity, while he has a some moments across both osts overall it's a disappointment, he clearly peaked with Unicorn/Blue Exorcist and considering his efforts here and on Kill la Kill... he's never going to get near that point again.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 06:14   Link #194
AttackingTitan

Guitar with SnK???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS32kPvaOwA

Hey, guys. My friend made that, please give him feedback
AttackingTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 23:07   Link #195
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I have a question for those who have the actual cd of the opening themes Jiyuu e no Shingeki. How's the sound quality?
I bought the songs from iTunes and the quality is hideous.

Jiyuu no Tsubasa sounds as if you have your speakers buried under pillows.

I honestly never seen a professional recording that is so badly compressed and clipped.

I loaded it into Audacity and ran a declipping filter with maybe 15% improvement.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 09:28   Link #196
Yokomizo

Does anyone still visit this topic?
Well, if anybody can help me. What is the name of the song played in the fifth episode around eight minutes (in the scene where Pixis received the notice that titans invaded trost's wall).
Yokomizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 15:29   Link #197
deAkatsuki

I wish this was an actual song on the soundtrack....

deAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 16:08   Link #198
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What the... I just saw the "official funimation subbed opening 2" of the anime... that was a damn joke

1. They ignored the German part at the beginning and the German interlude of the song
2. They left the German parts that were integrated into the Japanese completely untranslated

I had to facepalm really hard when I had to read "What sings is Sieg"... urgh...

Same with "What slashes across is Linie der Torheit", but that part at least can be excused for being very improper German by itself... but really sometimes one really has to think why fansubs have better quality than actually paid translators... The use of languages that are neither English nor Japanese is very common in anime and I think German is very high up on that list. I blame funimation for neither being prepared nor caring about it...
Old 2014-09-04, 15:42   Link #199
FireChick

Does anyone know if there's some instrumental version of Vogel Im Kafig in the OST? I know there is one and it played at one point in the early episodes when Eren, Armin, and Mikasa sit on some steps and decide to join the Survey Corps, but that's all I know thus far. Thanks in advance!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 16:46   Link #200
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Does anyone know if there's some instrumental version of Vogel Im Kafig in the OST? I know there is one and it played at one point in the early episodes when Eren, Armin, and Mikasa sit on some steps and decide to join the Survey Corps, but that's all I know thus far. Thanks in advance!
The anime had a lot of "altered versions" of the OST playing in it, however I am not aware of them being available anywhere.

The 2nd OST had some partial remixes, but from what I gathered there is none for Vogel im Käfig.