AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-29, 21:01   Link #1801
Hono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
But this logic could work in the exact opposite way. While the opening shot has no influence in the actual chapter, it can be perfectly placed there as to give the reader a time and place to locate the events in; in such case that would be in academy city after the remnant incident.

I would have loved another rendition of the fake date thing, but to be honest all evidence is just moving in another direction.
This is probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I think the most "concrete" indication that the story might go back to redo everything it's skipped is the chapter titles. They're not the date like they used to be, so maybe? I can hope, right?
Old 2011-05-29, 21:42   Link #1802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Why would Aogami appear in Railgun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Kuroko needs to end with somebody, that is the truth of shipper like me.
Kuroko? I think a more likely scenario would be with Saten. Initally Aogami didnt pay much attention to her in their makeup classes because she seem plain to him, only to realize he screwed up big when he saw her flipping up Uiharu's skirt.

''Shes actually such an interesting character?!? ARGGHHH!!!"
Old 2011-05-29, 22:02   Link #1803
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kuroko? I think a more likely scenario would be with Saten. Initally Aogami didnt pay much attention to her in their makeup classes because she seem plain to him, only to realize he screwed up big when he saw her flipping up Uiharu's skirt.

''Shes actually such an interesting character?!? ARGGHHH!!!"
Interesting scenario, except they don't go to the same school.

Else, it would have already happened

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:17   Link #1804
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Interesting scenario, except they don't go to the same school.

Else, it would have already happened
Dont tell me you forgot that she has to go for makeup classes in the summer, and that school just happens to be a certain highscool?
Old 2011-05-29, 22:27   Link #1805
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Dont tell me you forgot that she has to go for makeup classes in the summer, and that school just happens to be a certain highscool?
Wait, it was? I seriously didn't pay attention. Looked like another regular high-school to me.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:33   Link #1806
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Wait, it was? I seriously didn't pay attention. Looked like another regular high-school to me.
Dude, both Komoe and Yomikawa were there that should be the biggest sign
Old 2011-05-29, 22:40   Link #1807
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Dude, both Komoe and Yomikawa were there that should be the biggest sign
Gah, memory is shot. The Crack is doing me in...

Wait, is Accelerator a female or a shemale? Is Touma a crossdresser? Why is Mugino Shizuri in my house? OH GOD I'M HAMAZURA SHIAGEEEEE!!!

[Runs naked in the streets in an adult diaper]

Old 2011-05-29, 23:11   Link #1808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Right, while we wait for Kyon to recover here's a change of topic...

What if... instead of a season 2 of Railgun, we get a movie solely on the Sisters Arc? i mean, every other series is getting a movie, why not us? plus it would solve any filler issue people have with Railgun.
Old 2011-05-29, 23:18   Link #1809
tsunade666

It sure is a nice change of pace. JC staff are the ones who did shana movie right?

Plus in pure terms of sales. No one beats railgun in JC staff arsenals. But the sister arc is kinda different from the usual railgun girly stuff so it probably wouldn't sale to the usual fans of the anime. But the fans of index and railgun manga will love it. Or some of the railgun anime fans that like it even it's kinda different from what they expect (that includes me)
Old 2011-05-29, 23:39   Link #1810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well actually Azumanga is still their highest, but Railgun came close.

I dont think the darker story would affect the number of viewers too much. I think most Railgun fans want their slice of Mikoto action as much as any girly moe stuff.

For everybody else, bring on Touma vs Accelerator redux!
Old 2011-05-29, 23:39   Link #1811
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
What if... instead of a season 2 of Railgun, we get a movie solely on the Sisters Arc? i mean, every other series is getting a movie, why not us? plus it would solve any filler issue people have with Railgun.
Fine by me.

The Railgun anime was doing fine with me until the end of the Level Upper arc. And I still have a hard time swallowing the screentime Saten got which got me seriously thinking whether the series should drop its title.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-05-30, 01:28   Link #1812
tsunade666

hey what's the problem with saten? she is my only reason for watching through the second part!

But true enough. I want a movie of the battle between Touma and Accel. But I want it with no censorship or no bloody stuff. it's a useless remake of sister arc if it's the same way they show in index anime.
Old 2011-05-30, 03:42   Link #1813
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Fine by me.

The Railgun anime was doing fine with me until the end of the Level Upper arc. And I still have a hard time swallowing the screentime Saten got which got me seriously thinking whether the series should drop its title.
I do not know if they will be willing to make a movie, because it would sell less than a normal anime. And expenses for making a movie are ALWAYS higher than expenses for making 3-6 (amount of episodes on a single blue-ray) episodes of anime.

If you liked 1st or 2nd part of railgun, that depends on your tastes, I personaly liked both of them, though second could put character developments in a plot line, not standalone, but overall very good.

About Saten's screen time - I seriously dislike animes with just one character there all the time, doing everything from begining to end. There is need for some sort of variety, otherwise the watchers would be bored from that one character (except hardcore fans of that one character). Without Saten, 90% time would belong to Misaka, which would make me drop the show (well maybe not if they would put more screen time for Uiharu/Kuroko to balance it, but that would't stop the people from complaining about screen time, just shifted the rage on diferent characters). Overall I am fine with how the JCStaff balanced out the screen time.

Though in the manga it looks like Saten, Uiharu, Kuroko are completly kicked out from the story, with 90% "screen time" belonging to Misaka, it makes me wonder what will JCStaff do, when they will make season 2. Because if they will want to include them, they will have to rewrite the story a lot, but that would make hardcore-manga-fans rage. If they would kick them out and completly replace them with some new characters (Misaka's classmates), then this would be my first anime ever watched that would do something like that (I mean those 3 characters were there "24 episodes doing something" and now they would shift into "a cameo every 4 episodes"). And if they would want to include them without changing the original story, they would have to have Misaka-only sister arc (12ep) and later Saten/Uiharu/Kuroko-only fillers during the uncovered parts (12ep without Misaka to balance it). Or mix those fillers during sister arc, but that would break the pacing.
Old 2011-05-30, 04:00   Link #1814
tsunade666

They could make the other 3 girls cameo or shows up a bit on judgment stuff. There are lots of to do. It's JC staff we're talking about. They already did that in the 1st season. What's stopping them on doing it again. Remember the first half is not pure level upper arc. It's been filled too with other mini filler arcs. Like an episode or a part in an episode centered in Misaka doing her stuff. While the other girls do their stuff. Like Kuroko worries about her onee-sama and Saten flipping Uiharu's skirt. Lots of filler stuff to do.

Azumanga daioh is a thign of the past. They can't make another season of it because it already ended. Unless they do the next work of that mangaka which is yotsuba, I think though not sure on the title. And that would make me happy if they do so.

Railgun is considered their current best seller. So a 2nd season is sure to be launch. And it's ongoing giving it more reason to have a 2nd season.
Old 2011-05-30, 07:50   Link #1815
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ch. 1 preview is out!

http://gomanga.com/mv/index.php?series=railgun

The first English volume should be released around June 7th:

http://us.macmillan.com/acertainscientificrailgun1
Old 2011-06-01, 14:48   Link #1816
zaeraal

Had a lot of time recently, so I used it to count probability of apearance for characters in railgun manga (normal chapters (up to 41) + special chapters, but without crossline at the end because it was missing for some chapters). I wanted it in more detail, so I didn't counted number of pages, but number of frames (typical page has 3-8 frames), with rule that one character can get max 1 apearance per frame (even if there are multiple of them in a single frame - mostly for misaka clones). I am not a robot, so I might have mistyped few times when i was counting it, but the general idea is accurate.

Quote:
total frames: 6808 total chapters counted: 46
01. Misaka Mikoto: 2551frames, percentage: 37.4706%
02. Shirai Kuroko: 898frames, percentage: 13.1904%
03. Kamijou Touma: 550frames, percentage: 8.07873%
04. Misaka clones: 497frames, percentage: 7.30024%
05. Uiharu Kazari: 483frames, percentage: 7.09459%
06. Accelerator: 362frames, percentage: 5.31727%
07. Kiyama Harumi: 314frames, percentage: 4.61222%
08. Saten Ruiko: 300frames, percentage: 4.40658%
09. Frenda Seivelun: 198frames, percentage: 2.90834%
10. Kongou Mitsuko: 188frames, percentage: 2.76146%
11. Mugino Shizuri: 176frames, percentage: 2.58519%
12. Nunotaba Shinobu: 169frames, percentage: 2.48237%
13. Konori Mii: 79frames, percentage: 1.1604%
14. Takitsubo Rikou: 56frames, percentage: 0.822562%
15. Kinuhata Saiai: 47frames, percentage: 0.690364%
16. Shokuhou Misaki: 40frames, percentage: 0.587544%
17. Akemi: 15frames, percentage: 0.220329%
18. Muu: 15frames, percentage: 0.220329%
19. Mako: 13frames, percentage: 0.190952%
20. Yomikawa Aiho: 4frames, percentage: 0.0587544%
Quite surprising results even for me..
Old 2011-06-01, 15:29   Link #1817
Ashaman

1 - How fucking bored were you?
2 - How the Hell did Touma and Accelerator beat one of the 4 main girls?
3 - How the Hell did Touma come in number 3?
4 - Well, I suppose that should be expected from the main's love interest.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:40   Link #1818
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
SISTER's Arc was quite long and neither Kuroko nor Uiharu nor Saten got a lot of screentime in it while Touma appeared both during LU and SISTER's Arc, with him appearing quite a bit in second one. However, while position is high, 8% ain't THAT much.
Old 2011-06-01, 17:01   Link #1819
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

Quite surprising results even for me..
Thats what surprises you?
Old 2011-06-01, 20:46   Link #1820
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
1 - How fucking bored were you?
2 - How the Hell did Touma and Accelerator beat one of the 4 main girls?
3 - How the Hell did Touma come in number 3?
1 - it took only about 4-5 hours..
2 - Touma apeared during level upper and sister arc, and had an entire chapters with just him. Accelerator had a lot of apearance during sister arc
3 - biribiri vision
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
However, while position is high, 8% ain't THAT much.
Do not forget this is apearance per frame, typical page has 2-8 frames, average is about 5-6 frames (for example chapter 40 has 179 frames)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Thats what surprises you?
Not sure how to answer on this one, but yes. Didn't expected for example that Accelerator or Kiyama would beat Saten in apearance. Or Frenda > Mugino, or Konori > Rikou.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen