Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 00:57   Link #2861
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I really would like to know the feeling of "playing as my life depends on it", because all I'm doing is playing at my own pace, grinding Leoric and Butcher for my Wiz's stuff, and I have never had problem with repair cost.
It's better than seeing a million of useless golds as in D2 anyway.

Btw, I don't know why my Wiz's dps couldn't go above 8k, even I have the same dps gear and stats as those DH. Every time I downed a butcher, it's always reached the timer where there is no place to stand but the fire, while my friends could kill him in under 2 minutes. Do they have some amplifier skills or something?

I wish they would bring back the weapon's property ailments.
DHs have a lot of inflated DPS passives, such as one that increases damage when no enemy is near them, weapon mastery passive, as well a skill that gives them crit over time and reset when a critical hit is landed.

Post 103 you want to get some crit and crit damage to boost your damage. Ofc, a good weapon is pretty important as well.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 01:09   Link #2862
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Post 103 you want to get some crit and crit damage to boost your damage. Ofc, a good weapon is pretty important as well.
Before 103, you had the option of stacking IAS or stacking Crit. Stacking Crit is hard because you need to dedicate gear to get it to work properly, while before 103 stacking IAS has immediate benefit even if you aren't maxed.

But now with IAS nerfed, Crit is the obvious choice now. The problem is everyone else is thinking the same thing. So price for Crit items goes up. Those who already had Crit builds are laughing after 103.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:00   Link #2863
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I appreciate the thought. Seriously, it means a lot to me that you offered to help. But to be frank my complaints on Blizzard's bad decisions isn't going to go away even if I accept your kind offer. The game itself need fixing. I just need to feel like I am having fun, and that can only happen when Blizzard patch this again.

I have been a single-player gamer for as long as I can remember. And in DIII I am still sort of sticking to that. The AH is just an alternate vendor source for me, and I just don't go to open games. Just want to say that I am a stubborn and unreasonable mule, and that's why I can't let you help me.

Now, to start playing as a Monk...
Lol, I was thinking you were interacting with us via the AH, but sure, that's fine too I guess. But at least we can discuss AH deals right?

And yes, I know helping you won't solve our grievances with Blizz. But we players gotta stick out for one another sometimes, because I sure as know Blizz won't.

Also my monk's armor looks so ugly. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-23 at 03:59.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 07:25   Link #2864
Aesthetic Shampoo

So, i need a little advice. I'm a barb in inferno and i'm dying a lot. Yeah, happens to everyone i gather, but it probably happens a lot more to me since i'm still using AH stuff i bought for myself at 10k a pop back in the beginning of hell

I've only been upgrading my weapon, and even that could be better right now. I have just under 1mil in gold, what do i spend it on for optimal upgrades?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 09:41   Link #2865
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
So, i need a little advice. I'm a barb in inferno and i'm dying a lot. Yeah, happens to everyone i gather, but it probably happens a lot more to me since i'm still using AH stuff i bought for myself at 10k a pop back in the beginning of hell

I've only been upgrading my weapon, and even that could be better right now. I have just under 1mil in gold, what do i spend it on for optimal upgrades?
You will find some good upgrades for 50k (or lower) on the AH, best attribute's for barbs I don't know, but always get gear with All ress on it + crit damage if you can .
Old 2012-06-23, 11:17   Link #2866
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

My friends barb has this stat:
STR 1800
VIT 1500
All Resist 800
DPS 25k

With that he can solo act I and act II till Kulle...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:46   Link #2867
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So, I played DH, Monk and Wizard to Act II (normal) . And as usual I cannot decide on which class to focus. Pure from preference I like my female Wizard more as a range class than the DH. I just can't get accustomed to the DH somehow. With luck I get my 2nd auction and can finish Act II with my monk and her new 52.x dps weapons (yes, for me that's a huge improvement).
Old 2012-06-23, 13:56   Link #2868
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
STR 1800
VIT 1500
All Resist 800
DPS 25k

You don't need that much for act 1 and act 2 lol, even if it was pre-nerf. 300+ resist, 5000+ armor, 30k+ hp and 10k+ dps is good enough for act 1

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:19   Link #2869
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Now with Nether Tentacle being nerfed, any other alternative skill for DH??
I am currently using Frost Arrow...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:48   Link #2870
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Don't know if it's just me but are weapon racks suddenly dropping a lot more weapons like they used to than before? I could swear last night hardly any racks dropped anything, and suddenly today they're dropping like 5/6th of the time.

Ninja server-side change by blizzard in response to the massive outcry perhaps.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:55   Link #2871
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
STR 1800
VIT 1500
All Resist 800
DPS 25k

1800 str/1500 vit?
he should have more dps and be able to clr the game
Old 2012-06-23, 15:31   Link #2872
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Now with Nether Tentacle being nerfed, any other alternative skill for DH??
I am currently using Frost Arrow...
First rune of Elemental Arrow. Ball lightning I believe it's called. Same damage with large aoe, though you can basically go with anything.
Old 2012-06-23, 16:44   Link #2873
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

Well, you will need to provide some details so that we can reply properly.

1) Do you prefer to solo, or group play?
2) What are your current stats? Namely,
  • Armor value
  • Lowest resist value
  • Unbuffed HP
  • DPS
  • Attack Speed
  • Life on Hit value
3) What's your current progression? Act 1? Act 2? Which quest?

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:08   Link #2874
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
STR 1800
VIT 1500
All Resist 800
DPS 25k

That's ample stats to solo well into Act 3. Your friend is doing something wrong.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 18:22   Link #2875
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Guys, I need your help. I think I may have found an item that could get me rich. I don't need it 'cause I don't stack physical resistance but for other monks, this might be really good.

426 armor
167 dex
50 physical resist
50 all resist
72 int
117 life/sec

What do you think I can charge for those bracers in the auction house? I'm having trouble finding similar ones. I found one with cold resistance for 2.8 millions, but those don't have nearly the same armor value. What do you think? 3, 4, 5 millions? Or am I exaggerating?

/edit: nevermind, sold 'em for 4.5 millions. First time that I'm a millionare in D3.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-06-23 at 19:27.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 22:01   Link #2876
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Had a lot of fun over the past two days helping an old friend level his monk from level 1 all the way to finishing Normal Act IV. Boy, the experience REALLY goes quickly, as I was level 30 up to around Act III, but by the time we finished Normal his monk was level 30 (while my wizard was 32 by then).

I already pre-warned him of what to expect in higher difficulties though, especially with the need to occassionally visit the Auction House to upgrade gear.

Edit: I noticed that the RM AH actually has pre-set values for whenever you're trying to sell equipment. For example, if I don't actually do anything an put my 598 DPS axe with poison damage and STR mods, it comes out as 26+ USD. So does this mean that there's an actual equivalent value to whatever enchants are on an item?

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-06-24 at 00:34.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 01:21   Link #2877
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Coincidentally I also lvled a wizard with two of my friends. Using -lvl require weapons make the game insanely easy esp if you have a monk who brings mantra of conviction.

I dont trust the RMAH suggested value.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:31   Link #2878
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

After I bought two 50.x weapons for my monk, the rest of Act 2 was so ridiculously easy. And I found a few small upgrades for my little wizard. I get bombared with blue and here and there rare items that I could need a larger bag space .
But, whew, Act III surely has started hectic with its all-out invasion. Despite the better damage output, my life was in danger a few times (again, against the exploding-upon-touch ball-esque enemies. Due to my rather sub-par reaction I ended up mashing healing spell + blind to avoid the ugly fate of my monk lady .
I decided to switch exploding palm for Wave of Light with the explosive light rune because its AoE effect saved me from the more tighly crowded mobs.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:10   Link #2879
Aesthetic Shampoo

Thanks for the replies, all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, you will need to provide some details so that we can reply properly.

1) Do you prefer to solo, or group play?
2) What are your current stats? Namely,
  • Armor value
  • Lowest resist value
  • Unbuffed HP
  • DPS
  • Attack Speed
  • Life on Hit value
3) What's your current progression? Act 1? Act 2? Which quest?

Cheers.
1) I prefer solo play

2) My current stats are as follows:
  • Armour: 7037
  • Lowest resist: 368
  • HP: 33141
  • DPS: 8347.72
  • Attack speed: 1.4
  • LOH: 65
3) I can do up to the "The imprisoned angel" part of act I, but i get stuck in Leoric's torture chambers (before the warden) and can't progress any further.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 05:30   Link #2880
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Maybe your dps is low. My monk just started inferno and found one fist weapon and bought another for 5k gold, and unbuffed dps is over 10k.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler