AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2017-02-23, 02:45   Link #281
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Largest problem....getting there to confirm.

Seriously, will all these discoveries, someone with a clever idea should be coming up with a practical FTL theory for a FTL drive so out species can got and check out all these planets within a reasonable amount of time.
Old 2017-04-12, 01:17   Link #282
kellygrin

I'm fond of astronomy. I like to watch live video streams of NASA TV and ISS TV and to read interesting articles about stars, solar system, asteroids, planets etc . Recently I even bought my first telescope and now almost every night I can admire the night sky, or look for falling stars.

Of course, now it sounds like smth unreal, but NASA began sending probes to the planet surface to better understand the planet and find a means for it to support human life in the future in the early 2000's. I've read that there have been several unmanned missions to Mars starting since the 1960's. I think at this rate we will send the first human visitors to Mars in the near future.
kellygrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 18:24   Link #283
AnimeFan188

Astronomers Are Now Hunting for Planet 9 and Planet 10:

"New research indicates there may be an undiscovered planet lurking in our solar system,
in addition to the one we're already searching for.

Astronomers are still hunting for evidence of a proposed ninth planet lurking somewhere in
the outer reaches of our solar system. But now they have something else to search for.
New research from the University of Arizona hints that there may be another planet out
there, waiting for us to find it."

See:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/spac...for-planet-10/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 09:16   Link #284
becky collins

Friends, I need your help. I was given a homework in the school to write an essay on astronomy. The theme is "Halley's Comet" I found one site Essayshark, online help for students. You can order any work there, but I'd like to write it myself. Can you give me good resources, please? Thank you in advance!
becky collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 10:12   Link #285
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky collins View Post
Friends, I need your help. I was given a homework in the school to write an essay on astronomy. The theme is "Halley's Comet" I found one site Essayshark, online help for students. You can order any work there, but I'd like to write it myself. Can you give me good resources, please? Thank you in advance!
What level of education is this essay for (college, high school, junior high), and what is the essay's goal? Will you be talking about the scientific details behind Halley's Comet, or its historical aspects? The topic, and level you are writing for governs what sources you will be using. In secondary school, a couple of good books from your local library will do the trick. Otherwise, you will need to navigate an online journal to find sources.
Old 2017-07-28, 04:28   Link #286
becky collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
What level of education is this essay for (college, high school, junior high), and what is the essay's goal? Will you be talking about the scientific details behind Halley's Comet, or its historical aspects? The topic, and level you are writing for governs what sources you will be using. In secondary school, a couple of good books from your local library will do the trick. Otherwise, you will need to navigate an online journal to find sources.
high school, about historical aspects
becky collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 16:29   Link #287
AnimeFan188

Are Galaxies Flowing Toward a Point Beyond Our Universe?:

"We all know that the universe is constantly in motion. Earth revolves around the sun, our
solar system turns with the rest of the Milky Way galaxy, which in turn moves within a
larger cluster of galaxies, and all of these components move away from other galaxy
clusters as the universe expands. According to the theory of Hubble Flow, this expansion
should be equal in all directions. But by studying a map of the Cosmic Microwave
Background (CMB)—the remaining radiation from the big bang that invisibly coats the
universe—astrophysicists discovered that some galaxy clusters seem to be moving
toward a point that appears to be beyond the perceivable universe. They call this
movement dark flow."

See:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/spac...ow-space-time/
Old 2017-11-23, 15:58   Link #288
AnimeFan188

Dark Matter and Energy Don't Exist: Astronomer Claims to
Solve Universe's Greatest Mysteries With New Model:

"Dark matter and dark energy—the mystery forces believed to govern the universe—
may not exist after all. In a newly developed model, astronomer André Maeder has
found that neither of these concepts is needed for the universe to be expanding at an
accelerating rate."

"In the new study, published in The Astrophysical Journal¸ Maeder focuses on “scale
invariance.” This is the concept that says a feature of an object will not change even if
its length or energy scales are multiplied by a common factor."

See:

http://www.newsweek.com/dark-matter-...s/yahoous/news
Old 2018-01-11, 11:21   Link #289
Grandy

hi there! It’s great site. so many topics and opinions. I used to read, basically washingtonpost but now your site one of my favorites. Thank you!
Grandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 05:41   Link #290
poonduh

please advise online lectures on astronomy for beginners