AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-19, 20:15   Link #881
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Been a while since I've been here, huh? I wanted to promote this fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5751381/...sed_Dead_Space, which is a series of short stories all with various horror themes. (And no, they don't all revolve around Ryoko ^^

But if you want to get frightened, read some of these because they really explore into the different types of scenarios within Haruhi Suzumiya. Some are psychological, some are based on real scenes, some are completely different stories in themselves, but they are all truly terrifying and creative.

I co-wrote the last chapter which really got to people, so I hope you guys enjoy glancing this over.
Old 2010-06-23, 04:22   Link #882
s07195
However,

0_0
You know I read them at night, right?
Old 2010-06-23, 06:39   Link #883
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Update to my fanfic, Promise of a Lifetime. Enjoy.

oh, also, JONBOB, WHERE ARE YE, I WANT THAT OMAKE FINISHED

Last edited by Khu; 2010-06-23 at 08:28.
Old 2010-06-23, 19:49   Link #884
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
0_0
You know I read them at night, right?
I did say they were horrors...
Old 2010-06-24, 22:28   Link #885
ChairmanMeow
Great Helmscat

Hey, hope you guys don't mind me shamelessly promoting my one-shot here, since nobody seems willing to read/review it over at the site.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6076867/1/That_Weird_Girl

I just found it really interesting how unreliable Kyon is as a narrator, so I tried to replicate it as best I could on a subject he seems really nervous about. Hope you enjoy reading.
Old 2010-07-02, 10:31   Link #886
Blayne Barudorii

Hrrm, out of curiosity does anyone know offhand how in canon the characters refer/defer to each other in terms of honorifics? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes, my impression is:

Kyon uses -San for Nagato, and Asahina.
Sensei for his teacher.
First name basis with Haruhi.

??? For everyone else.

Yuki when speaking of Haruhi seems to use her full name and refers to Kyon as 'you' but I don't think she's ever spoken directly to others by referring to their names.

Koizumi uses I think -san for everyone.

I don't recall what Asahina uses.

My impression is that everyone refers to Kyon as Kyon no honorific but I'm not sure.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:02   Link #887
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
Hrrm, out of curiosity does anyone know offhand how in canon the characters refer/defer to each other in terms of honorifics? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes, my impression is:

Kyon uses -San for Nagato, and Asahina.
Sensei for his teacher.
First name basis with Haruhi.

??? For everyone else.

Yuki when speaking of Haruhi seems to use her full name and refers to Kyon as 'you' but I don't think she's ever spoken directly to others by referring to their names.

Koizumi uses I think -san for everyone.

I don't recall what Asahina uses.

My impression is that everyone refers to Kyon as Kyon no honorific but I'm not sure.
There's a table of precisely this convention over at Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:05   Link #888
Blayne Barudorii

AWESOME!! *glomp*
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-07-06, 01:05   Link #889
ijuinkun

Hi. I am fishing for opinions/ideas for a fic idea that I had.

It's October again, and Haruhi has decided to make a new film. Instead of a sequel to the previous film, Haruhi has decided that the new film will be:

Magical Maiden Miracle Mikuru!

(note that in Japanese, "Miracle" is pronounced "mi-ra-ku-ru", so it is "Mikuru" with a "ra" added in.)

Movie Story Summary:

The Eldritch Overlords (aka Haruhi's subconscious conception of the IDSE), who rule the Magic World, seek the key to domination of the Multiverse. To find this key, they send to Earth their servant, Magical Maiden Snowy Yuki, who as the name implies has power over the element of Ice.

To counter this, the rebel faction in the Magic World sends their own agent, Magical Maiden Miracle Mikuru, who has power over the element of Light.

There target is seemingly-ordinary high school girl Haruhi Suzumiya, who unknowingly carries the key to ultimate power within herself. Snowy Yuki and Miracle Mikuru pose as "ordinary" students Yuki Nagato and Mikuru Asahina in order to get closer to her.

Haruhi, in turn, is (unbeknown to her) guarded by a group of Secret Agents (played by Koizumi, Mori, and Arakawa), who wish to protect Earth from intrusion. They are initially distrustful of both Snowy Yuki and Miracle Mikuru, but eventually side with Mikuru.

Most of all, I am fishing for ways for things to go wrong, or crazy, or funny, during the making of the movie (including possible "leakage" of the fantasy into the reality, as happened in "Sighs").

And now I leave you with this little snippet:

"Presenting the Miracle Mikuru costume!"
What Haruhi pulled from the bag looked like some crazy hybrid between swimwear and an anime magical girl costume. Thigh-high boots, a micro-mini skirt so short that if the wearer bent forward the gym-shorts-like underpants would be visible, elbow-length gloves, a tiara, and a kerchief-bearing blouse sporting both a cleavage-enhancing neckline and a midriff-baring shortness.
"Y-you want me to wear THAT?" Asahina-san looked as though she could not decide whether to blush or to cry, and had tried to do both at once instead.
"Of course! Any magical girl who isn't a kid needs to have a sexy battle costume! It's part of the genre!"
Unbidden, a mental image of Asahina-san wearing the costume came to me. I fought back a nosebleed.
"B-but it's so revealing!"
"Well sure," continued Haruhi. "The second syllable of 'Miracle' is 'ra', and the kanji for 'nude' is read 'ra', so it follows that 'Miracle Mikuru' needs to be half-naked!" Only Haruhi could come up with crazy logic like that.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:16   Link #890
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Unraveling IV. Yuki's chapter: "Integrate".

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5586839/...uzumiya_Haruhi

I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but all in all, this one felt pretty lighthearted to me. Though it did end up being the longest chapter so far by about 50%.
Old 2010-07-17, 05:30   Link #891
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

The sequel to my previous fanfic, Promise of a Lifetime.

And this time it has no songs. So I can't pad it with song lyrics lol.
Old 2010-07-25, 16:05   Link #892
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This is a fanfic that I've been considering for awhile now, but it's only now that I felt confident enough to write it.

The Superman of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yes, it's a crossover between Haruhi, and the Superman comics. It's based on the premise of an alternate universe where Japan entered into a mutual communications blackout with America at the end of World War II, and as part of a peace treaty. In that universe, the communications blackout is being lifted, and will this lead Haruhi into finding out about an alien Superman?

Much of the first chapter begins with dialogue from Superman characters, but the 2nd half of the chapter is almost all SOS Brigade. Hope people here enjoy!
Old 2010-07-27, 20:21   Link #893
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is a fanfic that I've been considering for awhile now, but it's only now that I felt confident enough to write it.

The Superman of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yes, it's a crossover between Haruhi, and the Superman comics. It's based on the premise of an alternate universe where Japan entered into a mutual communications blackout with America at the end of World War II, and as part of a peace treaty. In that universe, the communications blackout is being lifted, and will this lead Haruhi into finding out about an alien Superman?

Much of the first chapter begins with dialogue from Superman characters, but the 2nd half of the chapter is almost all SOS Brigade. Hope people here enjoy!
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is actually kinda intriguing. I think I actually could read more of this.

Hmmmm, exactly what kind of cowgirl outfit did Haruhi get for Mikuru? Something along these lines?
Old 2010-07-27, 22:49   Link #894
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is actually kinda intriguing. I think I actually could read more of this.

Hmmmm, exactly what kind of cowgirl outfit did Haruhi get for Mikuru? Something along these lines?
Thanks for the encouraging words.

And yeah, that picture fits my conception of Mikuru in a cowgirl outfit well, lol.

It'll probably be a few days before I update the fanfic again, but once I do, I'll put a link for it up here on Anime Suki.
Old 2010-08-23, 18:49   Link #895
Othello~
*Author

I found a lot of good fics in this forum and I hope if it's okay to advertise myself as horrible as it sounds

Digression l Deviation

It's about what would happen if Kyon (John Smith) was . . . "bumped off"
Old 2010-08-23, 18:52   Link #896
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
I found a lot of good fics in this forum and I hope if it's okay to advertise myself as horrible as it sounds

Digression l Deviation

It's about what would happen if Kyon (John Smith) was . . . "bumped off"
Now that would be sad for Haruhi if Kyon was bumped off..
Old 2010-08-27, 19:35   Link #897
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

My fanfic is finished:

The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya

At roughly the length of a light novel of the series, it's gotten fairly good reviews from a lot of people. If you give it a read, I hope that you enjoy it, and feel free to leave reviews to tell me what I did right and what I did wrong, so that I can improve for the next fic I write.
Old 2010-08-28, 23:47   Link #898
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
My fanfic is finished:

The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya

At roughly the length of a light novel of the series, it's gotten fairly good reviews from a lot of people. If you give it a read, I hope that you enjoy it, and feel free to leave reviews to tell me what I did right and what I did wrong, so that I can improve for the next fic I write.
I remember seeing this when it was first posted and thinking it was a neat premise, good to see you've followed up on it.

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2010-09-05, 15:07   Link #899
Aqua Knight

Out of all fanfiction I like Haruhi and Golden Sun out of all, but there so few normal ffics out of big collection.

And I hate when authors write Miss Asahina or Miss Suzumiya instead of Asahina-san or just Haruhi or Suzumiya.
Old 2010-09-05, 15:48   Link #900
TakariCritic

Personally, I don't mind so much, as long as they don't have Kyon adressing people as "Mikuru" or having Yuki call him "Kyon" or even worse, "Kyon-kun".

Using the "miss" still fits in canon, just the English novels and dub instead of the Japanese.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction