AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 15:16   Link #1861
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

TBQH, TSM looked terrible today. I was hoping at least for a CLG vs TSM rivalry match in the quarters, but alas they did bad. Curse deserved third place for doing well even though they have a ringer.

As for EHOME, I really do think it was nerves. One thing playing at home or on your own home country, but on the grand finals in a foreign country? Yeah, pressure....

Tomorrow, Curse vs CLG. Elementz and Doublelift against their old teams lols. CLG will probably win, since curse is without IMO their most technically skilled player, PRObelter. Big fan of crumbzz, though not as much as Saintvicious.

As for M5 vs AaA, I think AaA has the advantage as I keep hearing that AaA is specialized in that they know how to play against the european teams.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 16:16   Link #1862
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm surprised at how well Moscow 5 performed in their games, they pulled the same stunt twice in a row and people fell for it both times.
Quote:
As for EHOME, I really do think it was nerves. One thing playing at home or on your own home country, but on the grand finals in a foreign country? Yeah, pressure....
Seconded, they missed out on a lot that they could have taken advantage of, having that kind of crowd around you isn't exactly calming.

Curse vs CLG: I just love CLG (SaintVicious fan, HotshotGG's pretty awesome too), but if a certain someone feeds, I have no doubt that Curse will notice and focus on him hard.

M5 vs AaA: I really want to see M5 going down, but their tactics have granted them easy games so far.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 18:30   Link #1863
Spartanz1170

I've been noticing that Ryze has been banned quite a bit now in this Tournament, what made him such a viable and worthy ban?
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:59   Link #1864
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ryze is basically low risk high reward type of champ (aka 'faceroll the keyboard'). In other words, pretty hard to screw up. Which on top of his mechanic that is inherently broken (build defense to increase offense) makes him a very consistent champion.

Old 2012-03-08, 01:51   Link #1865
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If you're a melee, Ryze can kite you. If you close the gap and take his E in the face, your MR will usually be in the negatives. Add to the fact that, although he is a spellcaster, his cooldowns basically never exceed 5 seconds, so it's impossible to catch him on down time late game, this only leaves him with the drawback of a very mana-intensive kit, which is why Ryze always builds ~4k mana (which also gets him offense, LAAAWL!).
Old 2012-03-08, 02:02   Link #1866
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Ryze is a one of the best 1v1 champions. His burst is really godly especially with his ult's low cool downs. If your a squishy a his ult + a rune prison will most likely kill you or reduce your health points. He scales off mana thats why you usually see him with a tear and a banshees. The reason they started to ban ryze is because ryze has been used a lot in one rank games. Hes really good in mid and hes really good against bruisers. In team fights if your clumped up together his boomerang will rip your team to shreds. Though with his ult it makes it possible. But you can always have better champions that go mid. But if you did a burst war between Cassiopia or Leblanc Ryze would lose. Ryze is good, but you always have better champions than him. Its just in tournaments they tend to ban champions to counter their opponent team or they ban their opponent's best champions.
Old 2012-03-08, 04:09   Link #1867
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What should you do when the enemy team's Udyr is on an early oracle's and pretty ahead of you in gold? Not warding means 0 awareness -> ambush prone, but if you ward and he keeps roaming, you lose money that goes to him instead, and you still get no awareness...

P.S: SYDTKO fed Match highlight - the final push, Cop having 3 traps down, Nyjacky going out of his way to initiate outside the turret, the others following up, the announcer going all ecstatic, and 10 seconds later "...nobody's really taking any damage!" <- LOL!

2nd match: Spectacular early and mid game, lots of trades, amazing use of ultimates, it's too bad that curse fell behind late-game. Epic kill by Bigfatlp, bombing Cop in the fountain.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-03-08 at 05:16.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:25   Link #1868
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Shen 2 gud. Better nerf Irelia.

2nd game though, CLG was ballsy in some of those fights. The 3v5 pushback at around their inhibitor after 2 got picked off wasn't something I thought they'd pull off.

Old 2012-03-08, 07:37   Link #1869
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How did aAa lose to SK after getting FB, turrets, dragon, more cs and with a better K/D/A...everything just spiraled down after the baron steal, I never expected SK to survive with Nyph feeding so early again. Looking forward to the final game!

Soaz played a mean Kennen in the last match, nRated on Leona for a third time, lots of aggression, match 1 all over again.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-03-08 at 08:40.
Old 2012-03-08, 09:51   Link #1870
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sydtko missing the flight -> missing the group stage
Sydtko arriving in Hannover
Sydtko losing two games
Sydtko flying back to America

trololol

I really don't know why Curse didn't ban Shen.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 05:20   Link #1871
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Voyboy still kicking ass at top. Even with jungler setting up a tent up top, Voyboy still 30cs and 4 kills ahead during laning phase.

Old 2012-03-09, 05:37   Link #1872
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The announcer was right to be a Voyboy fanboy, his reaction time on safeguard was just excellent, he picked up Alistar in the jungle and totally locked Linak and Soaz at top without losing the turret or giving up a single kill. Once again, Dignitas at 20k gold advantage Makes me ashamed to be happy with 60~70 cs at 10:00...

Quote of the day: So many quicksilver sashes, unfortunately you can't cleanse death and Irelia's been dishing out a lot of that today!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-03-09 at 06:38.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:59   Link #1873
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Disappointed with Dignitas. Even CLG put up a better fight against Moscow 5.

Old 2012-03-10, 11:45   Link #1874
Kafriel
Senior Guest

M5 deserved it, triple ace and a lot of ganking in their favour...I only watched the first match but it was really one-sided.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:21   Link #1875
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Erf couldn't watch the final but i heard it was total no-match...
As M5 said , they only fear aAa cuz they know how to play against EU. aAa need to learn how to counter US.
Dissapoint for Ehome , i wish there was Worldelite instead , they won Iem china vs CLG.

Btw , the stat for this IEM : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...BVmtJcmc&gid=1

I can see nerf soon... (Shen , Irelia , Kennen , Udyr...) & more Janna ingame

Last edited by -Sho-; 2012-03-10 at 13:35.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 14:44   Link #1876
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I tried playing a support game with gp10 and roaming but 0 cs, could only get about 6k gold. Makes me wonder how people play like that, with that kind of income and ward costs, it's hard as hell to build up anything decent.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:01   Link #1877
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That's why a lot of people say support is the easiest position to come play w/out much experience but hardest position to master, since you have no items apart from gp10 and have to rely almost solely on your skill (rather than a combo of your skill + item loadout) to bring something to the team.

And lol, Shen most banned but only has low 40% win rate.

Old 2012-03-10, 16:14   Link #1878
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Wait "Leona 2 100%", Leona was picked and on the winning side in a tournament?, that's news to me , I wonder how they played her probably Support I guess.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 19:37   Link #1879
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Leona is a good support. nRated did great job with her.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 17:36   Link #1880
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wait "Leona 2 100%", Leona was picked and on the winning side in a tournament?, that's news to me , I wonder how they played her probably Support I guess.
It's common knowledge that you play Leona as support in a kill lane. aaa played against ...SK? if my memory is right and bursted Linak on Janna several times from 100 to 0.

Anyway they need to seriously balance supports better. Before Sona was clearly the best support, now there is nobody close to Janna. 82% usage (93% if you count in banse) in a high-level tournament is clearly an indicator that something is wrong.

Also I know that this is only one tournament with a limited number of examples but the amount of picks and bans of Corki/Shyvana/Lee Sin/Shen/Ryze/Cassiopeia/Irelia/Karthus/Udyr/Morgana is just retarded.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-03-11 at 17:49.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol