AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 08:12   Link #2001
Kazu-kun

^ Yep, Center is the front girl, Captain is the leader.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:37   Link #2002
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2012-07-08, 11:50   Link #2003
mochichan

Spoiler for ep 11:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:40   Link #2004
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It was Yuka's fault, but looks like it is time to see the revolution being fought. I can see Chieri's father being the complete opposite of Nagisa's, fully supporting of the DES to the bitter end.
Old 2012-07-08, 15:09   Link #2005
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Centers, not captains. The distinction is important. Takamina is the captain, but she is not the center. Acchan was the center, but she was never the captain. They are different roles.
ha ok ok sorry and I wonder what it would have "seen" in deciding to leave the group
:Confus:
Old 2012-07-08, 17:32   Link #2006
mechdra

I like this episode a lot as a built up for the next 2 episode and a closing for this sries possible first coer.

Congratulation for those who get their speculation right. Orine did build those mech and she is seeing her onw last mech in front of her.

Momoru is a rebel? And not a Yuuka fan? How wrong is that?

I can see Megumi's death flag raised suddenly.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:34   Link #2007
mochichan

Exactly~ Seriously I was hoping when Yuka return, her boyfriend would support and fanboy her or something more touching and romantic....and then........=__=

It's pretty sad to make something that end up becoming a part of a machine that try to shoot you :|
Of course she didn't know it at the time but still.....
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:39   Link #2008
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ca could then explains his reaction to the episode 1, he did not want her to become an AKB and risky to fight against it
it's sad
Old 2012-07-08, 19:45   Link #2009
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
ca could then explains his reaction to the episode 1, he did not want her to become an AKB and risky to fight against it
it's sad
No he really didn't like the whole idol thing. I think he said that after Yuuka left he trying to find out more about the group and ended up getting hooked.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:21   Link #2010
chaosprophet

Wow that was quite an episode! I wasn't expecting things to go smoothly in Rankastar but the situation there is quite worse. Congratulations to those who noticed before about the kind of factory Orine was working at.

Man... to think I will need to wait a whole week to next episode.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:09   Link #2011
Undertaker

This episode sort of set the pace on how this series would end. Aside from the Center Nova issue, it'll probably ends up with the liberation on Ranka Star. Though I'm not too sure if the center disappearance plot will be solved not to mention the secret behind Sensei Sensi.

On the other hand if would actually be a decent way to end it with potential sequels and the series could have a longer shelf life with the planet liberation theme.
Old 2012-07-08, 23:45   Link #2012
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I like this episode a lot as a built up for the next 2 episode and a closing for this sries possible first coer.

Congratulation for those who get their speculation right. Orine did build those mech and she is seeing her onw last mech in front of her.

Momoru is a rebel? And not a Yuuka fan? How wrong is that?

I can see Megumi's death flag raised suddenly.
Well to be fair, she told him she broke up with him. But this is Yuka/Orine/Nagisa's arc now.

Now when you think about it, Mimori is kind of too perfect for my tastes. She is kind of like Yuuko in the sense both were born in a AEPS planet where their families groomed them to become idols for 0048.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:55   Link #2013
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
It was Yuka's fault, but looks like it is time to see the revolution being fought. I can see Chieri's father being the complete opposite of Nagisa's, fully supporting of the DES to the bitter end.
I can really tell this is going to happen. This episode is the set up for the finale. Prepare for Kawamori's trollness surprises.
Old 2012-07-09, 06:10   Link #2014
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Yes it's a great idea to stroll around in a city filled with DES forces. TRULY MAGNIFICENT IDEA.

There better be at least some dead Wota for this.

As for the episode:
Nagisa being useless (why am I singing this song?? why isn't it someone else?? As Chieri said, this is unacceptable. Why did you even join AKB? To be in the background for the rest of your life??)
Orine being even more useless (a wonderful time to trip indeed)
Kanata being annoying (TA KA MI NA)
Chieri being the only one realistic
Sonata being awesome as always (GRUMBLY WRATH)
MORE MEGUMI PLEASE <3
Nagisa being useless (DADDY NO! I BETTER SAVE HIM! ...how?)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:18   Link #2015
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
This episode sort of set the pace on how this series would end. Aside from the Center Nova issue, it'll probably ends up with the liberation on Ranka Star. Though I'm not too sure if the center disappearance plot will be solved not to mention the secret behind Sensei Sensi.

On the other hand if would actually be a decent way to end it with potential sequels and the series could have a longer shelf life with the planet liberation theme.
Chieri's father and her corporation is likely something that won't be brought up anymore in this season so another thing that would be left hanging for a needed next season.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:43   Link #2016
ookamigirl

An understudy debut on their home planet Lancastar.
Those 4 were pretty excited.
They sure were practicing hard for it.
This was no ordinary concert, but a high risk one.
Their mining town sure is gloomy and grey.
At least they managed to see old friends and make a few new ones.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:20   Link #2017
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Wah looks like there is always a way to make sure the plot thickens (by going out to the city filled with DES)

And Yuuka suddenly get not one but two rivals in love...

Sad to see this is only 13 episode. Not many episode to solve all the mysteries.
Hope they can do 2nd season after one season break...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:03   Link #2018
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 11 - Begin With The Ending

So the song S4 wrote was... the ending theme. I do like it when the OP/ED are integrated into a program outside the context of themselves, but I get the feeling that S4 didn't have to look very far to find that song. It's always been a few minutes outside his line of vision. The dude's probably omnipotent, the fourth wall is not an obstacle. Lancastar looks just as dreary as it did at the start of the series, but seeing the comraderie from Mamoru and Aoi and the rest of the soldiers was heartwarming. The old school went from a place of despair to a place of hope in under a minute.

I know the main reason Nagisa was picked (extradiegetically) was because she's one of the main characters, but I wonder if the Kirara and S4 have another reason for doing so. She does have the ability to make them glow... and I think this is the first time I've seen Yuuko acting more as a rival than a mentor to the girls. Quite a cliffhanger there, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the closing moments of this show deliver.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:21   Link #2019
sa547
*Author

I found some Easter Eggs:
Spoiler for Let's see...:

OBTW, I raise a toast to the IRL Acchan: it's her 21st birthday today.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-09 at 12:09.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:22   Link #2020
Random Wanderer

Nagisa being chosen for a solo in "Nagisa no Cherry" is almost certainly yet another shout-out to the real Acchan. Folks here keep saying Acchan hated that song because it forced her to take the spotlight when she didn't think she was suited for it.

Quote:
and I think this is the first time I've seen Yuuko acting more as a rival than a mentor to the girls.
This isn't the way any of this is supposed to work. This isn't the person Yuuko was before she saw the kirara of succession. What happened to the girl who rescued Nagisa and Chieri, and encouraged them to follow their dreams? In the end, it looks like learning the truth about succession has actually shaken her far worse than it shook Takamina.

I don't care what you say about real-life idols. These girls are not supposed to be against each other. Given the purpose of 0048, this rivalry is ridiculous.

Get a grip on your hearts, little ones. You cannot put on the performance you need when your hearts are mired in doubt and jealousy and confusion and pain. You need to confront each other directly and work those feelings out, so that you can be ready to achieve your true goal: to inspire hopes and dreams in the hearts of those who have been denied such things.

Hmm... if people hadn't pointed out here that Orine's factory was building mech parts, I would likely have been quite surprised at the end of this episode. Anyway, somebody's going to have to do something heroic to save her. We know the things can be shut down by damaging the "head" in a certain point...

Quote:
Nagisa being useless (why am I singing this song?? why isn't it someone else?? As Chieri said, this is unacceptable. Why did you even join AKB? To be in the background for the rest of your life??)
Nagisa is being Acchan. Being in 0048 is enough for her. She doesn't want the spotlight. She doesn't think she deserves it, and she certainly doesn't think she can handle the pressure.

I think Chieri was trying to encourage her by reminding her that the others are there supporting her, but as always seems to happen when Chieri tries to encourage people, it came out sounding like a condemnation instead. Poor Chieri seems to have a severe penalty to her Diplomacy score.

Quote:
Nagisa being useless (DADDY NO! I BETTER SAVE HIM! ...how?)
Give her a break. How would you expect her to react? The first news she hears about her family since she ran away is that her father's been arrested by the same people who've been trying to kill her all that time? Even an adult would probably not be able to think clearly when they heard that, let alone a 13-year-old girl.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime