AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-22, 18:00   Link #21
Sides

A win for Bocchi! She kind of managed to recruit a new member...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-22, 18:09   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Yeah this REALLY reminds me of Watamote after the school trip arc. Its kinda growing on me so I'll probably stick it out the rest of the season.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 07:16   Link #23
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

favorite episode so far. Bocchi turn to jello when praised. I was laughing so hard.

Kita-chan is hardworking, and cute in meido costume. She's a nice addition to the group.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 14:53   Link #24
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Kita-chan is hardworking, and cute in meido costume. She's a nice addition to the group.
Gullible for sure though. She didn't even question why none of the others had to change.

From getting recruited into a band without knowing how to play guitar to getting swept back into that same band, she might be a little too outgoing to say no. She's Bocchi's opposite.

It was cute how you could tell exactly which band she let down the second she questioned what district they were in. The music was a nice touch of ominous to make it obvious.

I also liked the Kare Kano style paper cutouts on popsicle stick "animation" sequence.

edit:

Oh, I forgot! Bocchi's sister is absolutely brutal.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 17:27   Link #25
grecefar

Hilarious chapter, from bocchi almost getting out of the matrix because a instagram account to ryo saying that it would be hilarious for a normie singing a depressing outcast song and bocchi showing yandere tendencies.

Man, this anime rocks.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 18:41   Link #26
ryllharu

What a super-dense episode.

I love the way their casual clothes have a modern Japanese street style to them. It's such a divergence from the normal CGDCT formula or music series like this where they're always in uniform. It makes it feel more real (as do the obvious photo edited backgrounds).

Bocchi's parents being worried about her, her savage sister (who is named Futari...haha) being amused by how weird her sister is, Ryo being deeply intense about everything.

Honestly, their earlier photos felt more like album covers and liner art than the one they settled on.

Every visual joke hits, the music is good, the feel of this series is great.
Old 2022-10-30, 01:02   Link #27
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

the idea of making an account cause Bocchi to have seizures.

her mom even think she is possessed. xD

and wtf, why does her room now look like the room of a psychopath?

anyway, Ryo talk with Bocchi to compose the music that Bocchi likes instead of going mainstream had a good effect.

looking forward to their song next week.
Old 2022-10-30, 02:53   Link #28
Sides

Bocchi is growing on me.
That last scene where she printed that photo mutiple times. I thought she was preparing flyers or CD covers, but totally didn't expected that ^_^
Old 2022-10-31, 13:32   Link #29
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

An illustration from the shows animation director (not mine, found it posted on another site):

Spoiler:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-31, 13:34   Link #30
ryllharu

It bugs me that they don't prominently have zip ties on as bracelets in all their promotion photos. They tried a little in the episode, but the ones they do have on are plain black ones and don't stand out.

Marketing fail, skilled teenage girls!
Old 2022-10-31, 16:13   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
An illustration from the shows animation director (not mine, found it posted on another site):

Spoiler:
The animation in ep 4 is just rocking good

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 12:45   Link #32
ryllharu

Eps 5:

An actual musical performance in a "music anime!" The whole thing! Not just the intro and outro repeatedly after a hard cut.

Every week this series continues to improve on itself.

Each episode gives me a nice sense of nostalgia for late-1990s/early-2000s GAINAX. In part because every episode feels like it is deliberately and purposefully a GAINAX Ending type of episode. The mixed media that actually works, the rough animation used for comedy, and the highly detailed and meticulous animation when it counts.

I lost it when they started showing the scenic views of the dam releases. But the other regular gags like the concrete pipe of solitude and Bocchi always crawling into trash cans for comfort are good too.

I was wondering if the sister and the other woman were going to recognize Bocchi's playing from her youtube account (she's wearing the same jersey in every video after all...) once she started playing with confidence.

Too bad the sister's plan backfired and Bocchi spiraled out even more, but that's social anxiety portrayed right.
Old 2022-11-05, 13:40   Link #33
Dop
Mmmm....

Ryo: Drinking, smoking and dalliances with women...
Me: HELL YEAH!

The whole 'mop-top' bit was hilarious but Bocchi putting her hand up to say "I can't have dalliances with women, I can't think of any women who'd want to dally with me" was icing on the cake.

Also, yes, the performance was great.

I'm really enjoying this show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 14:02   Link #34
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It was already clear from OP/ED but Ikumi Hasegawa actully has a great vocal.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 19:18   Link #35
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I lost it when they started showing the scenic views of the dam releases.
yeah me too, it was hilarious.

I would like for them to know soon that she is guitarhero but it doesn't seem like it's going to be revealed soon, that's too bad.

Kita-chan voice really changed when she started to sing.
Old 2022-11-06, 05:28   Link #36
Sides

'w'
Cannot believe she offered her guitar to avoid working in places where she would be exposed to more people.
I like how Bocchi reminds people, using her inner voice, that she only picked up the guitar and joined a band just to become popular. At least, that is what she has been telling herself.
Old 2022-11-07, 08:13   Link #37
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

was laughing so hard at dog Bocchi. She showed signs of aggression.

anyway, amazing episode. It was only for a short while, but Bocchi was able to use her true skills .. something that Nijika and her older sister noticed.

looking forward to next week.

another thing I noticed is this anime is starting to get some attention on mal.

every episode thread has more than 100 replies. And most of the comments are very positive.

Spoiler for posts:
Old 2022-11-12, 15:57   Link #38
grecefar

Every chapter is better than the previous one.

Bocchi sold all the tickets, found a drunk mentor and potential fans/friends.

What I love about this is the talent bocchi has in music, she is guitarhero and little by little she is overcoming her fears and show that talent outside youtube.
Old 2022-11-12, 16:39   Link #39
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Every chapter is better than the previous one.
I'm thinking exactly the same thing myself!

The nice touch is that Bocchi is slowly getting over her anxiety. She isn't just instantly better after a performance and knocks herself back down every time. Every new encounter is a new challenge for her, so it all feels pretty natural. Bocchi put her savage little sister in her place, even though it was a lie, the message was an important one to a bratty five-year old.

And her bandmates are allowing her the time to slowly get better, but they're also each their own person, and of course they don't believe her that she sold her quota tickets.

I'm guessing her textbook alcoholic mentor is in a rather prominent band. Someone the manager or PA-san is going to recognize instantly.

Also...pixelart Instrumentality?
Old 2022-11-12, 19:50   Link #40
Sides

I love how in the anime they actually show real world gear. I mean who would bother drawing all the knobs and jacks on a cube street or the unique design of the THR series.
Others shows usually just highlight the instruments, but rarely the PA-system or amps. Most of the time they just place squarebox with a brand name plastered on it.
I just double checked the source material, those amps were never shown in the manga, at least not in that/this chapter. So proper credits to CloverWorks staff, for bothering to actually researching equipment and gear...I wonder if the show is gets money from some companies for product placement...