AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-24, 23:11   Link #2541
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What does Priscilla want?

Eat. Sleep. Play. Sunlight, which is why Luciela had to die.
Old 2007-07-25, 03:30   Link #2542
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
My theory is, one of them will betray the group. My choice is lowest ranking one.
I agree that someone will betray them, but not the lowest ranking one. What profit would they have by doing so ? They're indebted to the fab 4, that's one. They wouldn't have a place to go (for organization they were and are too weak to be of any use, maybe Riful could take them, but allying with awakend being and becoming one is too far-fetched to me), that's two. Treachery for treachery wouldn't add anything to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
(...)
And I think it will be Clare the one who will betray them. Riful is the only one capable of enhacing her abilities to a level one claymore like teresa or greater...The problem is, when the training is complete...Riful will demand Clare`s willing awakening
(...)
That's even more unconvincing than my idea . Although Clare's resolve to avenge Teresa is great, she isn't that kind of person to betray others. Many times she risked her life to help her comrades or Raki, ipso facto she threw her vengence away, many times she asked to kill her, because she would become a threat to her friends/loved ones. If her only purpose was killing Priscilla then she would awaken, joined Riful and killed her. She would rather die than betray her friends. She would be able to sacrifice herself but not other's lives. Show me character in Claymore as pure as Clare, you think someone like her would suddenly change 180 degrees ? Don't make a villain of Clare
Note that Clare wanted to leave the group but Miria insisted to go with her. Suspicious don't you think?

[crazy specualtion]

I think that Miria still works for the organization as a spy. Maybe she served as advisor in improving Alicia. She knew too much, how did she manage to gather all that information ? Sure she's smart but the organization consists only of wily foxes and intelligence is their geatest asset so spying them (not mentioning discovering their greatest secret) would be nearly impossible without being detected. Maybe she has some sort of agreement with them, for example she could be promoted or become one of the man in black.
I know that she almost died when she first fought male awakened being, she was sent to Pieta, etc. etc., but if she was loyal to the organization death in the name of MiB wouldn't be so unbelievable, or she didn't have a choice, maybe she was blackmailed or sth. Miria is the fastest among Claymores (not awakened Claymores) so mabe they assumed that she would escape if the situation would become too dangerous, she is perfect for the role of spy. She's very intelligent, knows how to manipulate people and is powerful.
Deneve said in Pieta that her improvement must have been a result of experiencing very dangerous situations, but who knows, maybe she just trained with powerful Claymore (more powerful than Ophelia), or fought with someone as powerful as Duph with help of other powerful Claymore.
As for that why the organization would send Galatea to spy Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare if Miria had worked for them, I think it was for inspection purposes to check if Miria would say the truth, or to test Galatea's limitations. And last but not least, who would have thought that Miria could be a "traitor" (by traitor I have in mind someone who would tell informations to the org, not someone who could endanger friends) . It's so impossible that it's possible in manga the most unpredictable thing is very likely to happen. What do you think ?
That crazy idea came to my head after I've read Claymore the second time, specifically 9-th volume page 178,
Spoiler:

[/crazy speculation]

P.S
Sorry for chaos, spell and grammar mistakes. I hope that I managed to express myself quite clear.
Old 2007-07-25, 05:00   Link #2543
wpnsiu86

Quote:
I think that Miria still works for the organization as a spy
That is one heck of a speculation. Having Miria as a spy seems too far fetched to me. The claymores sent to pieta were meant to serve as roadblocks. The organisation was prepared to lose them. Its quite to think that the organisation would send someone to spy on claymores that were about to die. Then this spy devised a plan that could save these "supposed to die" claymores, and spent SEVEN years after some managed to survive to train those survivers to become stronger. Even if the organisation wanted to ensure the claymores sent to pieta don't run away or survive, sending miria there as a spy is not logical. Having galatea or the new "eye" some distance away should be sufficient.

Miria as a traitor looks interesting, but i don't think its her.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:24   Link #2544
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Miria as a spy!? Say it isn't so!!! I know it's speculation but the very idea... That and she's suppose to hate the Org almost as much as Clare hates Priscilla...
On the other hand, Miria would die if Clare betrayed them, Helen would throw a b**** fit, and Deneve would...be very angry.
As of right now, Yuma seems the most likely to fall first out of our 7.

As for why Miria wants to be with Clare (M/C feelings aside), it's weird because I haven't seen any indication as to why Miria thinks so highly of Clare other than her interest in her youki reading ability from the battle against the Male Claymore. Yet that shouldn't be enough especially considering that Miria almost constantly allows for Clare to do what she wants most of the time.
Old 2007-07-25, 06:28   Link #2545
half_awake
...and faintly smiling!

Miria as a traitor...

The only way I could see that working is if the Magnificent 7 are functioning as a splinter cell, with Miria acting as leader of a small group of powerful Claymores who think they're working alone but are subtly being directed by Miria who still covertly reports to the organization... but how she would go about interacting with the MiB is a big question... even this concept is really far fetched.

On the surface, as it stands now, Yuma seems to be the most likely suspect simply because her character has been developed (of the other 3 survivors (Yuma, Tabatha, and Cynthia) she's the only one who's had a substantial interaction with the Mag 7). I doubt the mangaka would make a character like Yuma more substantial unless she was 1) a traitor or 2) a sacrificial lamb. Either way, she's the most likely to play a role, hence traitor is a real possibility.
Old 2007-07-25, 07:54   Link #2546
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hhhm I'm not too sure someone would betray the group, can't spend 7 years together then get the urge to betray em. On the other hand someone will most likely get the urge to awaken.
As much as I would like the group as a whole to survive(which rarely happens or doesn't happen at all infact) seems like someone gets killed then 1 awakens.

so far we had the fab 4, then the 7 samurai, what next the knights of the round table? The justice league??
Old 2007-07-25, 09:05   Link #2547
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There were 40+ seats at the round table. They'd need to gather all the Claymores.
Old 2007-07-25, 09:18   Link #2548
taelrak

Quote:
I don't know what Priscilla wants but getting manipulated by someone seems to bee on the list. Still hinting at that child like mentality that as long as someone is in charge that is not her then she is happy. Almost like a kid who wants adult supervision. It might just be me but it looks like Isley is her new concept of the organization. (Someone to give her guidance and tell her what to do. )
Eh, no matter how strong Riful thinks she is or how strong Priscilla is, they're nothing more than experiments of the Organization, and possibly failed ones at that.

Regardless of whether Miria is a traitor or not, I am curious about what happened to her in the period before the Northern Campaign. I mean, she pretty much single-handedly took down that AB, and everyone was saying how she's much stronger than she was before.
Old 2007-07-25, 09:26   Link #2549
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I have a stupid question speculation....Are there any survivors of Priscilla`s family?

The father was dead
The Mother is also Dead
Brothers and sisters...also dead.
Old 2007-07-25, 10:23   Link #2550
taelrak

Question: Who was the claymore that Miria said she didn't want to awaken in front of? Was it Ophelia?

Also, I wonder how the strength of the Yoma implanted affects the strength of the claymore? Or even better, what if you implanted the flesh of an Abyssal - grab a piece of Rifel, Isley, Priscilla, Luciella, Alicia and Beth...
Old 2007-07-25, 10:56   Link #2551
Seska

Jip. Ophelia....
Old 2007-07-25, 10:57   Link #2552
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Also, I wonder how the strength of the Yoma implanted affects the strength of the claymore? Or even better, what if you implanted the flesh of an Abyssal - grab a piece of Rifel, Isley, Priscilla, Luciella, Alicia and Beth...
You know of someone that survived an attack of them, and was lucky to take some flesh out of them? .... There you see, Question self answered
Old 2007-07-25, 10:59   Link #2553
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Question: Who was the claymore that Miria said she didn't want to awaken in front of? Was it Ophelia?

yes it was Ophelia, also Ophelia said that Miria had it in her to aim for the top. Which gotta wonder how strong she can get.
Old 2007-07-25, 11:07   Link #2554
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't believe Miria is a spy for the organization. Her participation in Pieta is proof of that. The org might stink at rewarding their warriors on their merits, but they know to keep those for whom they have use. Yet they sent her to lead a mission wherein she had no chance of success and was all but an utter suicide one. Even if she wasn't anticipating the Rigardes factor, she probably knew that her force was no match against an organized group of ABs. She concocted a desperate plan in that circumstance, surviving with only 6 others having no chance at all save for Clare's wild card. So I doubt she would have even got as far as planning beyond Pieta to surveil some troublemaker who was sent to die along with her only to buy time for a particular pair to make their debut.
Old 2007-07-25, 11:34   Link #2555
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I don't believe Miria is a spy for the organization. Her participation in Pieta is proof of that. The org might stink at rewarding their warriors on their merits, but they know to keep those for whom they have use. Yet they sent her to lead a mission wherein she had no chance of success and was all but an utter suicide one. Even if she wasn't anticipating the Rigardes factor, she probably knew that her force was no match against an organized group of ABs. She concocted a desperate plan in that circumstance, surviving with only 6 others having no chance at all save for Clare's wild card. So I doubt she would have even got as far as planning beyond Pieta to surveil some troublemaker who was sent to die along with her only to buy time for a particular pair to make their debut.
Yea I totality agree with u
Old 2007-07-25, 11:50   Link #2556
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Me, too. I don't tink that Miria is a covert Spy.
She cries, at the end of the Campaign about the comrades/Nakamas that lost their life...
At that moment, she was thinking that she is the only survivor...
Old 2007-07-25, 11:57   Link #2557
redmeat

Yuma as a traitor is possible. She was one of the first to get injured. Maybe it was intentional in order to gain the group's trust. She sweats a lot and never looks calm, suggesting that she's nervous and possibly hiding something. She followed Clare around in the North and gives no reason for it? Like someone mentioned, she could be blackmailed and/or the org said something like, "If you managed to survive, continue on with the mission..." Surviving life/death situations together earns trust.

Miria as a traitor is possible too albeit the possibly is lower. Org needs to know who's trying to go against the org so they need a claymore with intelligence and charisma to act as a spy in order gather the those rebellious claymores together. It's much easier than rooting them out individually. Again the org might tell her that she might die and told her to continue with the mission if she lives.

The spy or spies probably don't need to contact the org, at least not yet, because they might a have long term, general goal and they are free to use whatever means necessary to achieve that goal, which could be: identify and eliminate any and all rebellious claymores.

Both of them could possibly be traitors. Org would be kind of stupid just to send one. Sending two would up the chances of success.

Another possibly for Miria is that she's betraying both the org and the Mag 7. She might have her own goal to achieve and she's just gathering and earning the trust of claymores in order to use them as pawns. As for why she didn't suggested going south first, she probably expected someone else to make the suggestion first so as to not make herself look suspicious.

As why Miria cried, it could be fake tears activated by her Youki.

But it's just extremely heavy speculation. I don't think Yagi would go in that direction. That's just very dark.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:03   Link #2558
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsiu86 View Post
That is one heck of a speculation.
I know. That's why I marked it as "crazy"

Quote:
Having Miria as a spy seems too far fetched to me. The claymores sent to pieta were meant to serve as roadblocks. The organisation was prepared to lose them. Its quite to think that the organisation would send someone to spy on claymores that were about to die. Then this spy devised a plan that could save these "supposed to die" claymores, and spent SEVEN years after some managed to survive to train those survivers to become stronger. Even if the organisation wanted to ensure the claymores sent to pieta don't run away or survive, sending miria there as a spy is not logical. Having galatea or the new "eye" some distance away should be sufficient.
As for sending them to death wpnsiu86, Quichy20709 and khryoleoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I know that she almost died when she first fought male awakened being, she was sent to Pieta, etc. etc., but if she was loyal to the organization death in the name of MiB wouldn't be so unbelievable, or she didn't have a choice, maybe she was blackmailed or was offered a promotion. Miria is the fastest among Claymores (not awakened Claymores) so mabe they assumed that she would escape if the situation would become too dangerous, she is perfect for the role of spy. She's very intelligent, knows how to manipulate people and is powerful.
The org must have took into consideration possibility of their survival and if they would survive then her instructions wouldn't change and she would have to observe them.
As for these SEVEN years, for humans it's much but for immortals it isn't. Miria's task could be gathering information about half-awakening (it could serve as a good help in preventing making mistakes with Alicia and Beth) and observing Clare. Maybe she's a sleeper kind of spy, also contacting the organization now wouldn't be a problem since she doesn't release youki anymore. And as I wrote before, her treachery would be limited only to inform organization, she's too good of character to endanger comrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz
Yet they sent her to lead a mission wherein she had no chance of success and was all but an utter suicide one.
I predicted that someone might come up with argument like that, look at the explanation above. Also who could they send ? Rafaela wouldn't agree and was organization trump card, Galatea was irreplaceable at the moment, Alicia, Beth (and Miata) were incomplete. Number 7 was already dead, so only Miria and Flora remained (Jean already left the org and MiB knew that), the rest was cannon fodder and couldn't even serve as barricades.

Quote:
Miria as a traitor looks interesting, but i don't think its her.
To be honest I don't think so either too many arguments against that hypothesis, but I wouldn't be as surprised as rest if it actually was like that.
Regardless, don't You think that her response to Clare's question (9th vol page 178) was suspicious ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post

Note that Clare wanted to leave the group but Miria insisted to go with her.
Suspicious don't you think?

Last edited by Gooral; 2007-07-25 at 12:14.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:14   Link #2559
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

How about that the big secret of the org has to do with clare. Miria probably wants to have an eye with it.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:27   Link #2560
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmeat View Post
She followed Clare around in the North and gives no reason for it?
It was Mirias request. that she looks over Clare.... She self tells it to the others, in the Manga
Closed Thread