*Glances at the life sized wallscroll he bought in 2008*

Yes, yes she does.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2009-12-28, 19:40   Link #242
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, you guys are being so nice to Momoko. IMO, 65-35 to Azusa.
Old 2009-12-28, 20:12   Link #243
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
I can still nominate choices, right...? Well, just in case:

Shuri (Koihime Musou)
Kana Nakamachi (Kanamemo)
Saki Amano (Kanamemo)
Yume Kitaoka (Kanamemo)
Mika Kujiin (Kanamemo)
Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
Kurimu Sakurano (Seitokai no Ichizon)
Mafuyu Shiina (Seitokai no Ichizon)

Let me know if I did it right or wrong.
Old 2009-12-28, 20:18   Link #244
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Looks right to me. Nominations just have not started yet.

And you're free to nominate 4 more characters if you wish, though you don't have to.
Old 2009-12-28, 20:51   Link #245
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesousa2877 View Post
I can still nominate choices, right...? Well, just in case:

Shuri (Koihime Musou)
Kana Nakamachi (Kanamemo)
Saki Amano (Kanamemo)
Yume Kitaoka (Kanamemo)
Mika Kujiin (Kanamemo)
Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
Kurimu Sakurano (Seitokai no Ichizon)
Mafuyu Shiina (Seitokai no Ichizon)

Let me know if I did it right or wrong.
Like Demi said, nominations still haven't started. You can nominate from 1st to 7th of January.

And nominations aren't done here. You have to nominate on this link: Nomination Form
Old 2009-12-29, 12:20   Link #246
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

*Yawn* ...one day closer to nominations.

Today's Fantasy. Which characters do you think would win in 2010? Percentages are welcome.

Old 2009-12-29, 12:32   Link #247
hinakatbklyn

Haruhi v. Fate: At their best, too close to call (my vote would actually go to Haruhi)

Today, (Staying power, Fate my be light years ahead ) 65-35 Fate
Old 2009-12-29, 12:59   Link #248
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Haruhi - 52 to 48. *sigh* Though if it happens after movie exposure, I think it will be a reversal. Fate - 54 to 46

Mii - 60 to 40. Her avatar is cuter and we all know who wins the matches vs two characters from unpopular series.

Likewise, I will be voting Fate and Mii.
Old 2009-12-29, 15:12   Link #249
Team Rocket Elite

Haruhi had a better performance in the DE rounds and the later Round Robin rounds. Fate still has a ton of strength so Haruhi won't win by much, but Haruhi will still win.

Rosemary has the slight advantage of being a former JSaimoe champion. Some people may recgonize her from there. I think a lot of people are going to be voting based on the picture and I think Re Mii has the advantage there. I don't think the match will be close, but I'm not too sure what Re Mii will win with.

Fate Testarossa (MSLN) [47.26%] vs Suzumiya Haruhi (SHnY) [52.74%]
Rosemary Applefield (AnN) [49.00%] vs Re Mii (Z:G) [51.00%]
Old 2009-12-29, 15:14   Link #250
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post

Haruhi had a better performance in the DE rounds and the later Round Robin rounds. Fate still has a ton of strength so Haruhi won't win by much, but Haruhi will still win.

Rosemary has the slight advantage of being a former JSaimoe champion. Some people may recgonize her from there. I think a lot of people are going to be voting based on the picture and I think Re Mii has the advantage there. I don't think the match will be close, but I'm not too sure what Re Mii will win with.

Fate Testarossa (MSLN) [47.26%] vs Suzumiya Haruhi (SHnY) [52.74%]
Rosemary Applefield (AnN) [49.00%] vs Re Mii (Z:G) [51.00%]
hm, I agree fully that Haruhi had a better regular season run, but DE? She really dropped the ball there. She lost to Yuki by 300, followed by a loss to Kagami by over 130. Fate lost to Yuki by 150, and defeated Taiga, who defeated Kagami, who defeated Haruhi.
Old 2009-12-29, 15:27   Link #251
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Haruhi - 52 to 48. *sigh* Though if it happens after movie exposure, I think it will be a reversal. Fate - 54 to 46
After the theatrical release or DVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
hm, I agree fully that Haruhi had a better regular season run, but DE? She really dropped the ball there. She lost to Yuki by 300, followed by a loss to Kagami by over 130. Fate lost to Yuki by 150, and defeated Taiga, who defeated Kagami.
Haruhi went even with Shinku pre-RM collpase before collpasing herself against Yuki and Kagami. Oddly enough, Haruhi has the same feat as Fate. Haruhi beat Rin who beat Kagami. Haruhi also beat Rin by more than Fate and Rin beat Kagami by more than Taiga. But looking over Haruhi's DE run, it's a bit of a mess and probably shouldn't make taken too seriously for future matches. Her match against Yuki also didn't feel right to me but I don't think I can actually prove it's not a legit result. I guess I will retract my statement that Haruhi did clearly better than Fate in DE, though.
Old 2009-12-29, 15:37   Link #252
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
After the theatrical release or DVD?
DVD. Theatrical release will hardly do much at all unless Japan suddenly starts becoming a dominating force in ISML. I estimate DVD will be available between early Diamond and the 1-month break between the regular season and DE.
Quote:
Haruhi went even with Shinku pre-RM collpase before collpasing herself against Yuki and Kagami. Oddly enough, Haruhi has the same feat as Fate. Haruhi beat Rin who beat Kagami. Haruhi also beat Rin by more than Fate and Rin beat Kagami by more than Taiga. But looking over Haruhi's DE run, it's a bit of a mess and probably shouldn't make taken too seriously for future matches. Her match against Yuki also didn't feel right to me but I don't think I can actually prove it's not a legit result. I guess I will retract my statement that Haruhi did clearly better than Fate in DE, though.
True. But because RM collapse happened directly after DE1, I tend to ignore DE1 results. I have a gut feeling that RM fan base (or whatever it was) tampered with the results so it's hard to say what would happen without their influence. Shana was pretty darn close to facing defeat in her first match vs. 16th seed Horo. I'd say their performance was pretty similar overall, though Fate seemed to have less fluctuation and either won convincingly, barely won, or barely lost. Haruhi was a mixed bag, and really ended up hurting my DE fantasy predictions in the process.
Old 2009-12-29, 16:27   Link #253
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I vote for Fate to win. 52 - 48

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-29, 16:38   Link #254
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
*Yawn* ...one day closer to nominations.

Today's Fantasy. Which characters do you think would win in 2010? Percentages are welcome.

Fate 55 - Haruhi 45 Error +-3% : Haruhi gathered much hate during Endless 8, and the movie will help Nagato much much more than Haruhi. Fate will likely get more boost from her movie compared to Haruhi. Only way Haruhi can win is if the vol 10. of the novel comes out with great acclaim + they make something like 4 episode OVA of Haruhi's Valentine Day adventure before the match.

Mii 51 - Rosemary 49 Error +- 6% : I have no idea who these characters are, except Rosemary looks familiar suggesting she is an older character thus less likely to win.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:22   Link #255
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Wow, you guys are totally not giving Re Mii the Saimoe Top 4 respect she deserves.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:24   Link #256
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

At least we predict she will win
Old 2009-12-29, 17:37   Link #257
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

She blushes, so obviously she will win, right?
Old 2009-12-29, 18:41   Link #258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You said it, not me.

I'd think Haruhi has staying power. With the distance from arguably her poorest stories increases the better memories take over. Considering her huge undefeated streak as well as her domination of the number one spot this year, she might be able to bring out her worshippers again. Fate has a simple loyal following, rather than a semi-religous following. But Fate can never be underestimated.
Old 2009-12-29, 22:04   Link #259
Ash Falls Town

Does anyone even like Rosemary? What with her being pure evil and all.

Mii also has a cuter picture. I think she'll end up defeating Rosemary pretty badly.
(More people have even watched Zoids Genesis on MAL.) Rosemary would only win if she got Europeans and South Americans nostalgic for Nadja. Nadja would be able to do that better though.
Old 2009-12-29, 22:14   Link #260
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Spoiler for Tidy:
I'm going to assume matches happen in mid-2010 from now on.

Fate (50%) == Haruhi (50%) - If we're going by movies, Fate would obviously have much more exposure + moe scenes. But since the lack of DVDs would more than likely make the difference insignificant, it's all back to square one with 2009 DE results. In those statistics, it seems Fate performed better than Haruhi, being more resilient and making it much further. Still, even with Endless Eight (or perhaps because of it), the Haruhi S2 season will linger longer in people's memories; i.e. Haruhi is more fresh in people's minds. And I don't know whether or not Fate still has her 2008 champion backlash, which in a close match like this, might be the force that'll tip the whole balance.
Mii (67%) > Rosemary (33%) - I don't know who in the Sam Hill these girls are but Mii blushes so obviously will win, yes.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting