AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-16, 03:07   Link #81
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

I haven't seen the 3DS myself but a friend of mine said the graphics are comparable to the Game Cube. This true?
Star Psyren 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:10   Link #82
Gordy Lechance

YES YES YES!! More Metal Gear Solid is always good news.

Though I'm not too sure about a straight port of Metal Gear Solid 3, considering that much of what made that game good was its deeply emotional and tearjerking movie sequences, which more than likely would have to be sacrificed due to its (comparatively) meagre 2-Gigabyte Memory Card.
Old 2010-06-16, 04:00   Link #83
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

List of developers. OH HELL YES SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI ON THE 3DS DO YOU KNOW WHAT SORT OF EVIL HORRIBLE THINGS I WOULD HAVE DONE FOR THESE?!?

Wait. . .Persona? 3DS? Persona 3DS?

WTF Atlus this better not be another version of Persona 3.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:02   Link #84
l33t_n00b

Updated the first post guys!

And OMGGGGGG am I excited, the Nintendo 3DS looks absolutely amazing. And omfg the amazing first and third party stuff comming up.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:05   Link #85
Gordy Lechance

Whistling quietly in corner....

Portable H Games in 3D... Portable H Games 3D....
Old 2010-06-16, 04:26   Link #86
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Whistling quietly in corner....

Portable H Games in 3D... Portable H Games 3D....
That's what I was thinking.

DOA 3D though. 3D oppai. o_O
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:28   Link #87
Gordy Lechance

Though lets hope nobody goes off to Paris to Marry their 3DS this time like that Love Plus fiasco.

Hmm, now that I take a look at your Sig and Avatar, just realized:

Wouldn't Project Diva on the 3DS be an awesome idea?
Old 2010-06-16, 04:31   Link #88
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Though lets hope nobody goes off to Paris to Marry their 3DS this time like that Love Plus fiasco.
Damnation, man, don't go ruining all of the good news!
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:37   Link #89
Gordy Lechance

But considering the veritable lynch-mob of angry fellow otaku that is ready to pounce on the next twit who embarrasses our entire community on CNN, future occurences of any such stupid behavior will most likely be kept private.
Old 2010-06-16, 04:56   Link #90
Aiagas
"Excellent cornering!"

I might buy the Nintendo 3DS, although my reactions are still mixed. Just depends if it's a sucess or a failure. Although I would love to try out Kid Icarus: Uprising. Although I'm not impressed with their Nintendo 64 remakes on the Nintendo 3DS. Also it's real gimmick if you add 3D at the end of every title, especially with the Nintendo 64 remakes.

I love StarFox 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, why remake them? I love them already, I don't want them to ruin it. I wonder what's next, a Cruis'n USA remake? What about a Arkanoid remake to make things more complicated. All with Gimmicky titles, pretty fucking original, what a bunch of ass burgers with a side of fries.
Aiagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:01   Link #91
Gordy Lechance

I think instead of "remake", "port" would be the most accurate term.

And at least initially, this is a nice money-saving tactic that buys them time (and money) to make an ACTUAL New Zelda Game with this powerful new software... oh DROOL!!

By the way, I never got to play "The Twighlight Princess." Is it worth investing in a WII to play, as I am an absolutely DIE HARD Zelda fan.
Old 2010-06-16, 05:48   Link #92
l33t_n00b

All confirmed games added categorized by developer in the first post.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:49   Link #93
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
By the way, I never got to play "The Twighlight Princess." Is it worth investing in a WII to play, as I am an absolutely DIE HARD Zelda fan.
Yes it is worth it, IF you intend to use that Wii for more then just one game. Twilight Princess is a very good game, and meeting Princess Zelda and Princess Midna in glorious 3D will make you go HHNNGGGG.

But its not perfect. Some Dungeons are ... not so enjoyable. But the world is big and full of AWW and OHH. Buy it. And buy Metroid Prime Trilogy too. That should make the investment worth it.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 06:08   Link #94
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Psyren 95 View Post
I haven't seen the 3DS myself but a friend of mine said the graphics are comparable to the Game Cube. This true?
Hard to tell, but apparently polygon count is near gamecube level, but it is using more common shader technologies than what nintendo have been/are using in the past, meaning most developers will be able to deal with it, without spending too much time to learn how to deal with things like the TEV.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:08   Link #95
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I thought the game was a bit disappointing actually, but then again, I was sorta expecting BEST GAME EVER. Doesn't hold a candle to OoT, IMO. Also, the controls were pretty annoying at times...I'm not the biggest fan of Wiimote controls.

If that's ALL you're gonna play, I'd recommend saving yourself the 300 bucks.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 10:53   Link #96
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Hard to tell, but apparently polygon count is near gamecube level, but it is using more common shader technologies than what nintendo have been/are using in the past, meaning most developers will be able to deal with it, without spending too much time to learn how to deal with things like the TEV.
Good god. It just beaten the PSP in the graphics department. If it comes with a web browser then it's a rap.
Star Psyren 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:12   Link #97
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'm not following E3 much. I never have, so all I have to go on is this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance
Though I'm not too sure about a straight port of Metal Gear Solid 3, considering that much of what made that game good was its deeply emotional and tearjerking movie sequences
So what made the game MGS3 good was its non-game content?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiagas
I love StarFox 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, why remake them?
A TLoZ: Ocarina of Time port? Blergh. It wasn't bad, but it's really overrated. I see tons of people buying the game, giving Nintendo the wrong signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance
Eh, the Wii additions to the game are trivial, so you'd be better off playing the GameCube version. Not that I recommend the game. It's more linear, soulless and patronising trash. Feels more like work than play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron
But the world is big and full of AWW and OHH.
Did we play the same game? The world was too big and mostly empty. I don't see how this makes anyone go AWW and OHH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba
Doesn't hold a candle to OoT, IMO.
Weird, because Twilight Princess was made to cater to Ocarina of Time fans.
Old 2010-06-16, 13:22   Link #98
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiagas View Post
I love StarFox 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, why remake them?
Seeing as how the other guy doesn't follow E3, I can understand when you ask this question, but this isn't just simply about remaking or adding "3D" to the title.

This is about a whole new experience. If you read Nintendo's remarks about OoT, it's not about simply bringing the game over to the handheld, it's about a whole new way of playing the game, like pretty much most of the Start Menu on the lower screen, I'll tell you this, I got really tired switching weapons regularly (I recall 4 dif arrows to 3 slots, and I love the Biggoron Sword but sometimes the Master Sword is needed), as well as the whole boot switching thing, if you ask me, this isn't about making it easy, but it really interrupted gameplay by pressing start just to do these things.

Take for example the Nintendo remarks about the Water Temple. To this day, I have never done a complete run of that Temple, and it's not because the GameFAQ FAQs caution it, but rather that time consuming process, together with a few additional difficulties, gave me that "you can either beat the game in a few hours, or beat this Temple in a few hours, your call".

My experience of course comes from when I was 12 years younger at half my current operational brain capacity, and the time when the game just came out, back then free time or way of life was different than it was, say 3-4 years later, but if given the chance, I'd like another shot at that Temple (or maybe, subconsciously I have been waiting for this kind of remake to replay the game)

Think about Super Mario64 DS. That wasn't just a straight up port from one system to the next. It had some amusing touchscreen mini-games, in addition to, I believe, double the stars to collect. So I'm sure when Nintendo says "remake" they aren't going to simply port over an NES game complete with it's 2 action button layout and fully pixelized graphics
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 13:34   Link #99
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Looking at the silly commercial and the "Kaichou ga Kiku 3DS" thing, Miyamoto really has gotten white... I knew he was old before, but I never noticed how much white hair he had. Dang, thinking about it makes me sad... Even the god of the gaming industry can't defy time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Psyren 95 View Post
Good god. It just beaten the PSP in the graphics department. If it comes with a web browser then it's a rap.
What's left of the PSP if it loses in the graphics department...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 13:37   Link #100
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

As much as I have grown to hate nintendo after the wii came out. I NEED THE 3DS! I crave it...I need to play all these new games!

March 2011 is too long to wait! I require it now!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds