Lover of Purity

S Godou seems hilarious but Erica still comes out on top, in the end
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 10:09   Link #403
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Ena was sent home to rest after the end of volume nine due to the excessive use of power from the Japanese god. Hence, she was unavailable for volume ten except for the intro. As for Pandora, she's a 'genuine' goddess unlike Athena and co. As for the manga, the art is just BAD--BAD BAD BAD. They even altered certain scenes. I am sending a sample. Chapter one can be found here:

http://www.178.com/mh/campione/16878.shtml

If anyone call this sorry piece of sh1t good, I will personally gouge out their eyes and feed them to dogs!

EDIT: Don't waste your time on this crap. If you want to read a good adaptation , go read Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Highschool DxD , or Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi . The latter's art is just impressive for manga standards. This manga ain't worth your time. It is as bad as the SAO adaptation and only the IS manga is worst.
you werent joking lol.......anyways liliana is erica's childhood friend right? but her name has khanjar in it which is weird? isnt she a italian?
Old 2012-04-15, 10:10   Link #404
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
who is princess Alice?
a new addition to the harem?
Princess Alice or Ellis or Elise is the leader of the greenwich wisemen --something to that line --faction. She led the faction against Alexander the Black Prince and his Royal Arsenal in the Holy Grail War some years ago with Erica's uncle as her knight. She's not a campione though. She's in her twenties, and even though Alec and her officially 'hates' one another, I think there's more chemistry underneath than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
you werent joking lol.......anyways liliana is erica's childhood friend right? but her name has khanjar in it which is weird? ! isnt she a italian?
See what I was talking about? Any self-respecting otaku wouldn't have called this art good.Anyway, Lilliana is indeed Erica's osananajimi. I think her family originated from the balkans, but has relocated to Italy. Seeing how much her grandfather idolises Vobon, the Campione of the Balkans, it's not surprising.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-15 at 10:34.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:39   Link #405
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
you werent joking lol.......anyways liliana is erica's childhood friend right? but her name has khanjar in it which is weird? isnt she a italian?
Eastern European. I once mentioned to Kadi, when we were debating how the heck we should translate Lily's family name, that I believed her family name is the same as this dude's (played too much FIFA 10). Seems I was right.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:52   Link #406
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Eastern European. I once mentioned to Kadi, when we were debating how the heck we should translate Lily's family name, that I believed her family name is the same as this dude's (played too much FIFA 10). Seems I was right.
Many characters in Campione! have last names that are identical to soccer players.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:18   Link #407
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Many characters in Campione! have last names that are identical to soccer players.
Not only that. Erica's and Liliana's clothes and their organization symbol also heavily remind us of AC Milan & Inter Milan's rivalries. They are both from Milan, and their colors are Red & Black and Blue & Black.

I instantly get the impression when I saw the illustrations.
Old 2012-04-15, 14:28   Link #408
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Not only that. Erica's and Liliana's clothes and their organization symbol also heavily remind us of AC Milan & Inter Milan's rivalries. They are both from Milan, and their colors are Red & Black and Blue & Black.

I instantly get the impression when I saw the illustrations.
(Inter Milan FTW, BTW.)

We all know that everyone loves soccer.
Old 2012-04-15, 14:59   Link #409
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
(Inter Milan FTW, BTW.)

We all know that everyone loves soccer.
Forza Nerazzuri! Too bad it sucks now after The Special One left. huhuhu.

Well, most Americans don't (at least most of my American's acquaintances).
Old 2012-04-15, 15:09   Link #410
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Forza Nerazzuri! Too bad it sucks now after The Special One left. huhuhu.
Still got Sneijder and César. Can't go wrong with them. Though my favorite club is the OL.

Anyway, BOT, who's your current favorite god?
Old 2012-04-15, 19:52   Link #411
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Still got Sneijder and César. Can't go wrong with them. Though my favorite club is the OL.

Anyway, BOT, who's your current favorite god?
Lancelot! Because
Spoiler for fun:

By the way, does anyway understand the distinction between a 'genuine' goddess like pandora and heretic gods?

Also, shouldn't the sword Godou toke from Ena be considered a separate authority? Since that sword is actually a god.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-15 at 20:34.
Old 2012-04-15, 20:54   Link #412
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Princess Alice or Ellis or Elise is the leader of the greenwich wisemen --something to that line --faction. She led the faction against Alexander the Black Prince and his Royal Arsenal in the Holy Grail War some years ago with Erica's uncle as her knight. She's not a campione though. She's in her twenties, and even though Alec and her officially 'hates' one another, I think there's more chemistry underneath than that.

See what I was talking about? Any self-respecting otaku wouldn't have called this art good.Anyway, Lilliana is indeed Erica's osananajimi. I think her family originated from the balkans, but has relocated to Italy. Seeing how much her grandfather idolises Vobon, the Campione of the Balkans, it's not surprising.
well the art isnt that terrible its just doesnt do justice to the LN this type is usually for 4koma's gag manga then last Q the chinese lady that appeared is a campione?
Old 2012-04-15, 21:00   Link #413
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
well the art isnt that terrible its just doesnt do justice to the LN this type is usually for 4koma's gag manga then last Q the chinese lady that appeared is a campione?
Which Chinese lady? There are two in this series. One is Black Prince Alexander's subordinate. The Other, Lao Hao or something, can't remember her name who appeared in vol six and seven is the chinese campione.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-15 at 21:14.
Old 2012-04-15, 21:04   Link #414
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

doesnt Lao Hao go DereDere over Godou?
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:06   Link #415
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Which Chinese lady? There are two in this series. One is Black Prince Alexander's subordinate. The Other, Lao Hao or something, can't remember her name who appeared in vol six and seven is the chinese campione.
i think its lao hao which god did she kill lol
Old 2012-04-15, 21:07   Link #416
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
doesnt Lao Hao go DereDere over Godou?
She does. Godou's not only a god killer, he's a hunter of women.

BTW, I had a look at how yonkoma gag mangas look like, the artist of the manga fail even by those standards. For some reason, the manga looked like a third-rate doujinshi. MORE OVER, the manga skipped over Karin's awesome driving skills--with Erica driving the car when he reached Italy!

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-15 at 21:24.
Old 2012-04-15, 22:15   Link #417
iheartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I would like to read the manga version, but not available in English. I'll also planned to read the LN in french.
Wait, Campione is available in French?!!! If so, I would love you forever (depending on your definition of forever :P) if you tell me how to obtain it.
iheartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:13   Link #418
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
She does. Godou's not only a god killer, he's a hunter of women.

BTW, I had a look at how yonkoma gag mangas look like, the artist of the manga fail even by those standards. For some reason, the manga looked like a third-rate doujinshi. MORE OVER, the manga skipped over Karin's awesome driving skills--with Erica driving the car when he reached Italy!
I thought she fought him, how did she go deredere
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:17   Link #419
Miraluka
Banned

The manga art isn't that bad, Godou reminds of Urameshi Yuusuke time to time . I've seen worst examples like Haganai, from Buriki's art to Itachi's art is a serious drop down. I don't like the over-reactions on that manga unlike Hyakko... That said the guy still has a long way to improve. Examples: Index's manga adaptation improved a lot.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 23:18   Link #420
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I thought she fought him, how did she go deredere
There was an onsen scene in vol.seven after Godou defeated her in vol. six. Guess what happens.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem