AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 01:14   Link #281
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

@Deleted post, Still called it.

Just don't spoil anything Snow or Ending.
Old 2013-11-21, 06:24   Link #282
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guys guys
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719903

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 07:16   Link #283
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, I'm glad that they know the important of dual voice. Although I was hoping we will get it for free like most of Gust or NISA title, but I guess the game's scale is different.

To tell the truth, I don't mind throwing more money for voice pack DLC if it's like Soul Sacrifice.
Old 2013-11-21, 07:35   Link #284
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well it's free as long as you get it on the first two weeks.. shame that it ain't possible for me though I'll be in dorm when the game is released

Old 2013-11-21, 10:56   Link #285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope it will be available on the euro store too. What about the two previous installments? That would give me a reason to replay them.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:21   Link #286
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope it will be available on the euro store too. What about the two previous installments? That would give me a reason to replay them.
For FFXIII, the Chinese version has English sub/text and Japanese voice. FFXIII-2, the Asia version is the one that has English text and Japanese voice. Take note that only Japanese voice available in those versions. No dub.
Old 2013-11-21, 13:14   Link #287
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow Square... was it really needed? This seems like a quick attempt to get a few more sells.

Old 2013-11-21, 17:07   Link #288
Xagzan

And people wonder why some of us say our respect for the series is in a downward spiral...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 18:16   Link #289
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Final Fantasy 16 needs to take a return to medieval style FF's (if Agni is a hint of what XVI could be) since I don't think XV alone will be enough to revitalize interest in the franchise (and LR:XIII sure as hell won't be).
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 18:45   Link #290
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Seems like Japanese people are thinking that this game is too hard in normal mode I guess the most efficient strategy curbstomp bosses haven't been found yet

Old 2013-11-21, 19:16   Link #291
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
Final Fantasy 16 needs to take a return to medieval style FF's (if Agni is a hint of what XVI could be) since I don't think XV alone will be enough to revitalize interest in the franchise (and LR:XIII sure as hell won't be).
Yes... SERIOUSLY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Seems like Japanese people are thinking that this game is too hard in normal mode I guess the most efficient strategy curbstomp bosses haven't been found yet
Didn't they think Dark Souls was too hard too?
Old 2013-11-21, 19:39   Link #292
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Didn't they think Dark Souls was too hard too?
You're implying that game isn't hard? Not that I play it or whatever but I never really see someone actually thinks it's easy (unless they're trolling) and I've seen that it's pretty much used as a standard for whether you're a casual or not

Old 2013-11-21, 20:04   Link #293
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yeaaa... it's only hard when it's fresh. 2nd Play through It was cake walk.

some people memorize stuff better than others. Same goes for timing.
Old 2013-11-21, 20:07   Link #294
Joyce_Steele
Banned

So this game is for guys as much as Final Fantasy XV for girls. Just saying though.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 23:19   Link #295
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

@kyero: I see, it's probably the same with this case too. They just need to understand the mechanics to play this game.

Speaking of which.. I remember seeing XIII-2 fight as hard when I saw the stream but it's actually unbelievably easy when I played it

oh and Kouli posted something like this
Quote:
Kouli posted...

Game isn't challenging in the slightest in Normal Mode. People just don't learn the mechanics and abuse the system.
Well at least I know that we can't just use brute force like in XIII-2 judging by the japanese response

Old 2013-11-23, 02:20   Link #296
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And people wonder why some of us say our respect for the series is in a downward spiral...
FF has fanservice before though. Remember what amount to a bikini and belt that Rikkiu wore in FFX-2? Tifa's miniskirt and gigantic boobs? Hell, you can go back further to likes of Maria from FFII and bring her "half a shirt". I guess considering how old this series is its easy to forget sometimes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:25   Link #297
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
@kyero: I see, it's probably the same with this case too. They just need to understand the mechanics to play this game.

Speaking of which.. I remember seeing XIII-2 fight as hard when I saw the stream but it's actually unbelievably easy when I played it

oh and Kouli posted something like this

Well at least I know that we can't just use brute force like in XIII-2 judging by the japanese response
I got my game today, after a few hours of messing with this I can say those people who said this game is hard are just spoiled. It is by no means hard or unfair if you actually plan things up and not just spam button, honestly. And no I don't think you even need Cloud's costume, that thing just break the game early on.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:47   Link #298
Iron Maw
Banned

This is a fairly long (but good) impression from entrydenied @GAF:

Quote:
Managed to play for about 5 to 6 hours. I'm a slow player so most people would have done more by then. I think I'm going to be done with the Luxerion main quest with a boss fight left and an hour away from entering day 3.

I am playing on normal so the enemies don't go down as easily as the ones in Leta's stream. Most of the random enemies have been fairly ok but I'm starting to encounter ones that can kill me. However it could be my equipment. Some of these enemies are avoidable any way. In these harder fights blocking is quite crucial. Blocking with the right style is also crucial since equipment such as one can increases wind resistance, for example, can only be equipped to one style (unless you have more). This means that choosing garb and what equipment and ability to go to which garb can matter in more difficult fights. Some enemy attacks can be cancelled via parrying or blocking so again timing is important. It takes a while to get use to using attacks based on ATB number and not bars like in the two prequels. If you button mash you might find yourself out of ATB for all three styles, leaving none for blocking nor parrying. Haven't really experiment much with debuffs and buffs yet since I've not gotten any buff skills and only 1 deprotect and 1 poison.

Also did a few sides quests and they ranged from finding items that are in chests, finding specific people and one involved racing with a boy. Quests are timed based. I had a quest that demanded I be done by a certain time. These NPCs also don't loiter around all the time and only come out at a certain time. Luxerion also has gates that open or close at different times. Some main quests also only happen at specific timings, leaving you with downtime that can be used for exploration, battles and quest completion. I cannot comment on the whole time restriction mechanic yet since I'm unable to gauge within it would end up being superfluous (meaning we end up with too many free hours) or too tight. One difficult thing with these time restriction based games is that it's not easy to give player the right amount of time. Given that SE has mentioned many times on how they have adjusted this mechanic, I'm not sure whether it is balanced yet.

The frame rate seems alright for me. Just very slight drops but then again I'm not the best judge of frame rates. They don't bother me much. Luxerion is rather ugly in many places. Haven't gone to the other continents yet so looking forward to meet other new possible ugly textures and probably dips in frame rates in the larger areas. Luxerion isn't that big and open. It is big but because of its nature as a town we get mostly corridors and small open areas. Lightning's selective traversal return with her ability to grab selectively. She cannot grab onto all ledges, only selective ones. The jumping and running is mostly alright, nothing too platform-y in a bad way yet.

Overall, it is quite fun.

Also, I think Hope sounds really suspicious and is probably not him or being controlled by Buni . Lumina is less annoying than I expected. Many of the NPCs say she's a good girl :P

Also am sad to say that the DLC code from the soundtrack did not work for me. Downloaded the garb set off the Japanese PSN and it did not work with my Chinese/Korean version. I still have the 360's code though so if there are actually any souls here who bought the 360 Japanese version and wants a free garb set, just PM me.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 09:33   Link #299
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The ending is already online
Spoiler for Wanna watch it?:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 11:31   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Ending: