AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 3.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.21%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 69 15.23%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-08, 01:56   Link #221
Maiku-kun
The Rider

i like to make things short and simple so ill get it over with now, i liked makoto before he cheated on kotonoha and i spent the remaining episodes screaming at my computer whenever he got with another girl after sekai, i feel really bad for kotonoha and even for sekai, makoto didnt deserve death but i still hate him with a fiery passion and i thought the ending of this anime was just plain fucked up, overall 3/10, putting it simply, i personally just didnt like the story, im not saying that score is fact or anything its just my opinion
Maiku-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:00   Link #222
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

How many girls did he sleep with? I thought it was three total.
Old 2009-12-08, 12:42   Link #223
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
How many girls did he sleep with? I thought it was three total.
Off the top of my head, I count 7 and I believe there's even more than that. If I remember correctly, there were names in his cell phone that I didn't recognize when he ran away from Sekai.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 12:54   Link #224
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , they were more girls
At least this show wasn't a typical fanservice/triangle love/romance ^^ It changes !
I wasn't surprised for the end , because this can happened for real , they are many news who are even more sick than that ^^
Sure , this anime isn't for kiddos and not for the faint-hearted
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 13:21   Link #225
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Off the top of my head, I count 7 and I believe there's even more than that. If I remember correctly, there were names in his cell phone that I didn't recognize when he ran away from Sekai.
Well, it certainly tainted my heart and I don't plan on watching it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah , they were more girls
At least this show wasn't a typical fanservice/triangle love/romance ^^ It changes !
I wasn't surprised for the end , because this can happened for real , they are many news who are even more sick than that ^^
Sure , this anime isn't for kiddos and not for the faint-hearted
With regards to the other girls, did we meet them all directly? Or were the names only shown and all? I totally forgot about those extra girls. I only remember the brown haired friend that visited his apartment one time. I guess the ending shocked me so much I forgot about a lot of other stuff. I always thought people were exaggerating how bad Makoto was, but never mind on that, haha.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:31   Link #226
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

How could you forget the three friends who went by his house all at once?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:30   Link #227
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
How could you forget the three friends who went by his house all at once?
Wha? He did it with all of them too? Wow, I know it was a long time ago that I watched it, but I don't know how I forgot that one.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:30   Link #228
velvet nightmare

3 friends (they all went over to his house after everyone found out he slept with otome with the tv projector and wanted to know if he was really 'as good as the hype made him to be') (they also bullied kotonoha along with otome b/c they were all in the same class)
kotonoha
sekai
otome
hikari

i also want to say setsuna but i can't be sure if they did have sex or not, it might have just been a kiss or something, i just remember her taking clothes off on a bed

anyways, i stopped by here wondering why some people think that the ending was terrible. i mean sure it was 'bad' in a sense it was a train wreck, but it was an epic train wreck. was it just like people not expecting it to turn out that way?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 22:50   Link #229
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I didn't expect it in the slightest. But I don't remember any of this at all. I may actually watch this again.

Edit: Never mind. I just went to RC and read some descriptions and my stomach started turning. No way I can watch this again. And the reason I didn't remember the three girls was because nothing we really shown. The whole thing was really messed up, like the camera in the lounge during the festival, that turned my stomach again too. No way I'm watching this, I don't care enough to go through that anguish.

Edit 2: Now I regret reading those descriptions. A lot of it is coming back to me now. I'm gonna have trouble sleeping, not as bad as when I watched it the first time, but it's gonna bother me. I even lost my appetite the next day because of this too.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-12-11 at 23:17.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 23:25   Link #230
velvet nightmare

ololololololol, i like how the camera in the lounge was a 'tradition' with the whole give the guy the band and they'll be yours deal LOL

but you have to admit, the part where motoko says sorry to kotonoha and she comes back to life was good, give the series that much, and then he proceeds to make out with her in front of sekai, that was where the epic starts to flow in.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 07:42   Link #231
Nowusee
Total Coolness

Review

I loved this series. That great ending, the key cheating points, and the points where the boy seems to be in love with his girlfriend. I love how Sekai stalks them and interrupts them. But the ending!
Spoiler for ending:

8/10
9/10
10/10
7/10
Old 2010-03-14, 07:46   Link #232
Nowusee
Total Coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
3 friends (they all went over to his house after everyone found out he slept with otome with the tv projector and wanted to know if he was really 'as good as the hype made him to be') (they also bullied kotonoha along with otome b/c they were all in the same class)
kotonoha
sekai
otome
hikari

i also want to say setsuna but i can't be sure if they did have sex or not, it might have just been a kiss or something, i just remember her taking clothes off on a bed

anyways, i stopped by here wondering why some people think that the ending was terrible. i mean sure it was 'bad' in a sense it was a train wreck, but it was an epic train wreck. was it just like people not expecting it to turn out that way?
He actually sleeps with them? I only saw him and sekai making out on a bed in the manga!
Old 2010-03-14, 07:56   Link #233
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Darn, forgot to vote. D:<

*votes for -1*

*Looks at the results...*

10: 80
9: 52
8: 52
7: 54
-1: 50

:O
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-03-15 at 22:43.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 07:59   Link #234
ViewtifulAlchemist

The manga can just be thought as another vision of the story. I read it too and Makato actually comes off as way more likable in that version compared his anime version counterpart.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 10:53   Link #235
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowusee View Post
He actually sleeps with them? I only saw him and sekai making out on a bed in the manga!
Just about all of them in fact.

All of those kids were really f*cked up in the head. There must have been a chemical spill in the water or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Darn, forgot to vote. D:<

*votes for -1*
Same here.
Old 2010-03-23, 00:22   Link #236
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
the story and the characters just felt extremely underdeveloped. i found myself hating makoto and feeling indifferent towards most of the others. many of their actions were idiotic and/or severely unrealistic. the only character i had some sort of attachment to was katsura, even though she did some questionable things too.

not really sure, what the message or moral of the series was. if it was to provide viewers with a nonsensical plot laced with fanservice mostly unlikable characters, then the series did it's job.
Spoiler:

4/10

Last edited by Amazinasian; 2010-03-23 at 00:55. Reason: so it's not all spoiler
Amazinasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 08:28   Link #237
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So, because you couldn't relate to most of the characters, the series had no development and only random sex? Maybe you're fixating too much on the sex part and not on the characters: for most of them did change throughout the story.

Old 2010-03-23, 16:55   Link #238
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

like i stated in another thread, i realize that the characters do change. however, the changes are illogical and unfounded. the changes were so abrupt, choppy, and/or ridiculous to the point that they were hard to believe let alone enjoy.

Last edited by Amazinasian; 2010-03-23 at 17:12.
Old 2010-03-23, 17:15   Link #239
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

To you, you mean. Subjective changes in character are open to opinion, and what you consider abrupt, choppy and/or ridiculous are not nearly the same as I do. For the record, I've seen way worse things happen IRL, either faster or over longer periods of time.

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and we could just agree to disagree.

Old 2010-03-23, 17:51   Link #240
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
To you, you mean. Subjective changes in character are open to opinion, and what you consider abrupt, choppy and/or ridiculous are not nearly the same as I do. For the record, I've seen way worse things happen IRL, either faster or over longer periods of time.

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and we could just agree to disagree.
thanks for not flaming. i appreciate it.

now that you mention it, it makes a little more sense that the characters in school days are simply reflecting the ridiculous and illogical mannerisms that humans in real life are capable of.