AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 17:31   Link #2261
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I am not exactly sure what is up with zessica being potrayed as a bad girl. If her jealously gets the best of her in the next few episodes I might consider it. But zessica's description says everything opposite to the kind of jealous girl we want to see from her. Also why would fudo allow such thing to happen.
Portrayed as a bad girl? I don't see really see anything bad like you said. She's human. She just found and understood her new feelings but don't know how to deal with it yet so she's acting weirder but not necessarily bad. It wouldn't be odd if Fudo allows it I think since he's always there to develop the other people in some way or form so perhaps this is intentional.

@ bakAnki
Goodness! That's just plain adorable!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 17:35   Link #2262
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Portrayed as a bad girl? I don't see really see anything bad like you said. She's human. She just found and understood her new feelings but don't know how to deal with it yet so she's acting weirder but not necessarily bad. It wouldn't be odd if Fudo allows it I think since he's always there to develop the other people in some way or form so perhaps this is intentional.
I think he meant that many audience members are placing her into the "will betray" category (which I've found to be a fairly common occurrence across the interwebs: Zessica will get jealous and betray Amata/Vega/Mikono, or some such) when all of her character descriptions and development so far point in the opposite direction, i.e. she's a good girl with a kind heart. She's just, for the first time, acting like a girl and getting conscious of the guy she likes.

I think Fudo is up to something...
Old 2012-03-03, 18:09   Link #2263
miketyson

I think we've just tapped out the rich veins of speculation (maybe a few weeks ago, ). So sure, there's a certain logic to Zessica getting really jealous of all the attention Mikono gets, it just seems really unlikely based on what we've seen of her character thus far. But, on the other hand, we have *shocking events* coming soon.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:24   Link #2264
raziel12

yea we know fudo is up to somthing but i know something was wrong when he said love is not allowed but he always pushing the pilots to become closer to each other and cause some of them to have feelings for each other beyond friendship thats is something thats bound to happen.

yea we all know zessica is kind hearted but i dont think thats going to last long i admit she is kind hearted,sweet and more foward to speaking her mind then mikono but that will also bring her downfall though not hating amata but mikono getting frustrated at her over not acknowledge her true feelings for amata cause she too timid and innocent.

yea i know am pointing out zessica as a bad person but i think her relationship with amata and mikono will take a turn for the worst.

well lets hope it don't
raziel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:36   Link #2265
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
yea we know fudo is up to somthing but i know something was wrong when he said love is not allowed but he always pushing the pilots to become closer to each other and cause some of them to have feelings for each other beyond friendship thats is something thats bound to happen.
I think they've already explain that this is a balancing act- on one hand love will make Aquarion go beserk, but on the other hand love would also make Aquarion stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
yea we all know zessica is kind hearted but i dont think thats going to last long i admit she is kind hearted,sweet and more foward to speaking her mind then mikono but that will also bring her downfall though not hating amata but mikono getting frustrated at her over not acknowledge her true feelings for amata cause she too timid and innocent.
The words were never said, but between their near confession in episode 5 and their near kiss in episode 9, they're pretty much on the borderline of love where Zen wants them to be... Which again was what they've pointed out again in the date episode... At this point they are in a pseudo-seeing-each-other relationship but within the restrictions of the [Love in Forbidden] rule.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:53   Link #2266
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I think he meant that many audience members are placing her into the "will betray" category (which I've found to be a fairly common occurrence across the interwebs: Zessica will get jealous and betray Amata/Vega/Mikono, or some such) when all of her character descriptions and development so far point in the opposite direction, i.e. she's a good girl with a kind heart. She's just, for the first time, acting like a girl and getting conscious of the guy she likes.

I think Fudo is up to something...
Zessica "will betray" does not necessarily = "Want to betray". A possible idea is that Amata and Mikono truly fall in love and she sees so. She disappears for a little and Mikage shows up in front of her. He ends up messing with her mind like he did with those pilots. Feeding that jealousy she feels heavily till it controls her. making her seek to get rid of Mikono even if it means giving her to the enemy like they want. Amata would eventually snap her out of it but would be too late because they'd have Mikono by then.
Old 2012-03-03, 19:53   Link #2267
raziel12

i just hope this one have a better ending then the last one no self sacrifice MC and leaving the girl you love behind to meet again in another 12,000 years
raziel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 21:17   Link #2268
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The words were never said, but between their near confession in episode 5 and their near kiss in episode 9, they're pretty much on the borderline of love where Zen wants them to be... Which again was what they've pointed out again in the date episode... At this point they are in a pseudo-seeing-each-other relationship but within the restrictions of the [Love in Forbidden] rule.
I still say its suspicious that our lover-boy didn't go flying but, in fact, fell into a hole dug out by Fudo. Its completely reversed from what we had in Episode 5, and my brain keeps defaulting to "Call in the A-Team!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Zessica "will betray" does not necessarily = "Want to betray". A possible idea is that Amata and Mikono truly fall in love and she sees so. She disappears for a little and Mikage shows up in front of her. He ends up messing with her mind like he did with those pilots. Feeding that jealousy she feels heavily till it controls her. making her seek to get rid of Mikono even if it means giving her to the enemy like they want. Amata would eventually snap her out of it but would be too late because they'd have Mikono by then.
It would be poetic, in a way, if it all worked out that way (or similar) as the girl who was responsible for making Mikono jealous, ends up falling to jealousy instead. But, at the same time, it's been drilled into our heads that Mikono is the one to easily jump to conclusions and get jealous. So it can swing either way but they'd need to do a little more work with Zessica than with Mikono...

...Or they'll just pull a Mykage-Mind-Control!
Old 2012-03-03, 22:18   Link #2269
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
...Or they'll just pull a Mykage-Mind-Control!
Exactly what I was saying. She won't voluntarily do such a thing. I don't see that in her character. Even characters I disliked in anime, I never put such a title on. So far, I don't like nor dislike Zessica, but I don't see it within her character to betray either Amata or Vega. Since Vega is her home, that would come before Amata, IMO.
Old 2012-03-03, 22:57   Link #2270
Sixth
Hu Tao

What is Fudo? Is he resident of Altair as well? Because he knew a lot of abductor machine and the names.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 22:57   Link #2271
miketyson

Vena: eh, on the flip side you have Mikono's sustained-golden-glow with Amata vis-a-vis a bad case of the crackles with Kagura. Does "lack of reaction" mean "good love" or "no love"? We'll know when it's over, and probably not too long before.

I still like my scenario from a few pages back wherein, say, transfer-student Jin takes advantage of Zessica's prankster nature and Mikono-jealousy to get Zessica to get Mikono to go to someplace late at night, ostensibly to meet up with Amata...just in time for an abductor assault. Or something.
Old 2012-03-03, 23:08   Link #2272
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: eh, on the flip side you have Mikono's sustained-golden-glow with Amata vis-a-vis a bad case of the crackles with Kagura. Does "lack of reaction" mean "good love" or "no love"? We'll know when it's over, and probably not too long before.
Now that you mention it, those might be along the same vein but, while we're a bit in the dark on the exact meaning of the ring's colors, we know what Amata's flying is for and what it represents: rising emotions... or body parts (I can't imagine being about inches from kissing the girl you like, isn't going to get some sort of a rise out of him whether its emotional, physical, or just genuine nervousness and purity ala his reaction in Episode 5). Which is why I find it suspect that he didn't go flying but, at the same time, I can easily dismiss the whole thing as a break away from the gag for a and for the moment (that said and as I said before, I think they could have handled the scene better if that was their goal).

The only thing that makes me want to call in the stormtroopers is the fact that fly-boy fell into a hole, of all things. But, then again, its episodically consistent with the comedy so it too may be nothing more than a gag.

Meh, more info needed.
Old 2012-03-03, 23:38   Link #2273
Thess

Zessica betraying the place over jealousy doesn't make sense, unless something big is revealed about her or she's kidnapped/brainwashed. First of, her jealousy seems the bottled up brooding type, rather the lashing out type that Mikono presents. She keeps things for herself, so far, rather than moving into action. Her jealousy is also more justified than based on misunderstandings.

She's also trained there for God knows how long, has many friends (she knew about M I X for one). Unlike Mikono, for instance, who only has a solid connection with Amata and her brother (and both relationships can sour or shift if she feels more connected to Kagura). She's more anchored in there. I can see Mikono leaving not out of betrayal!1! but trying to establish a contact with Altair and due to her remorse involving Kagura. But really, Zessica doesn't really have any foreshadowing for that.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 00:09   Link #2274
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Zessica betraying the place over jealousy doesn't make sense, unless something big is revealed about her or she's kidnapped/brainwashed. First of, her jealousy seems the bottled up brooding type, rather the lashing out type that Mikono presents. She keeps things for herself, so far, rather than moving into action. Her jealousy is also more justified than based on misunderstandings.

She's also trained there for God knows how long, has many friends (she knew about M I X for one). Unlike Mikono, for instance, who only has a solid connection with Amata and her brother (and both relationships can sour or shift if she feels more connected to Kagura). She's more anchored in there. I can see Mikono leaving not out of betrayal!1! but trying to establish a contact with Altair and due to her remorse involving Kagura. But really, Zessica doesn't really have any foreshadowing for that.
That's why i said when Zessica is at her emotionally weakest Mikage will mess with her mind like he did with those pilots. That was likely shown for a reason. Zessica seems to be hinted to have a darker half through the ending would be more likely to get it as a way to get closer to Mikono. As said she is the brooding type, she keeps her jealousy inside rather than a outside vented jealousy of Mikono, But to keep it all inside is a heavy burden to keep and if pushed by Mikage through using his ability to mess with her mind, she would be more likely to be manipulated than any of the others.
Old 2012-03-04, 00:37   Link #2275
miketyson

Vena: though, to rehash an earlier argument, the fact that Zen dug the hole (in advance, unless he's also the Flash) may suggest Mikono's trip was in fact also setup in advance. That's Zen for you, I guess.

FWIW, also, the way I've interpreted Zessica's interactions with the other girls is that she's not actually good friends with any of them. She and Mix (and Sazanka?) come across more like, say, Andy, Cayenne, and Malloy: as one of the "top 3" she spends a lot of time with them and is thus familiar with them, but they're not like best buddies outside of class. We'll see soon enough I guess.

The main reason I'd guess we won't see her actively switch sides is that she hasn't had enough development to do something drastic without it seeming random. If she gets a few more focus episodes it'd be possible, or if something radical happens (recovers past-life memories, mind control, and so on), but without something like that it'd be too sudden to work.
Old 2012-03-04, 00:47   Link #2276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
FWIW, also, the way I've interpreted Zessica's interactions with the other girls is that she's not actually good friends with any of them. She and Mix (and Sazanka?) come across more like, say, Andy, Cayenne, and Malloy: as one of the "top 3" she spends a lot of time with them and is thus familiar with them, but they're not like best buddies outside of class. We'll see soon enough I guess.

That's hard to say; outside of Andy and Amata who spent night after night increasing their social link with each other, none of the other characters were shown to be very 'buddy-buddy'... More like a colleague/classmate relationship.
Old 2012-03-04, 02:04   Link #2277
Thess

Quote:
Zessica was the only one who knew about MIX's past (do you think a girl like MIX would just trust in anyone?). She and the rest are seen together. They aren't the focus, but seeing how Zessica even tried to befriend someone like Mikono, who wasn't popular at all, I find it hard to believe she doesn't hang out with them before the anime or off-screen.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 02:31   Link #2278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Zessica was the only one who knew about MIX's past (do you think a girl like MIX would just trust in anyone?).
We don't know how Zessica knows about Mix's past... Just saying... There are other ways she could have come across that information.
Old 2012-03-04, 05:49   Link #2279
Zuul

Quote:

Exactly.

Mikono is more likely to pull something bad.

Mikono is the depressive negative one with jealousy issues. And She's the one with the black outfit, and dark hair. It screams bad girl. XD
Let's also not forget her instinctive fondness for villain Kagura.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-04 at 06:01.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 05:50   Link #2280
kuromitsu

Quote:
I still say its suspicious that our lover-boy didn't go flying but, in fact, fell into a hole dug out by Fudo. Its completely reversed from what we had in Episode 5, and my brain keeps defaulting to "Call in the A-Team!"
Or maybe it's just that the "flying Amata balloon" gag has served its purpose and they're in the process of retiring it for the time being (or at least until he learns to properly control his powers). I mean they need to do something about it if they ever want to put him in a serious love scene with anyone.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction