AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 03:56   Link #21
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Once again, outstanding animation
But the concept sounds unoriginal and uncreative. but they could still turn it in to a great anime of course..In the end it's all going to depend on how they execute it.
Old 2007-07-23, 05:42   Link #22
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Honestly, it sounds pretty bad.There's some wonderful sci-fi novels that deserves to be animated a lot more than this.

I dream of an anime adaptation of Hyperion.Now,that would be totally awesome.Or the Culture cycle,Consider Phlebaswould make an excellent animation film.

I can always dream.
Old 2007-07-23, 16:57   Link #23
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Heh, I'm thinking more on the lines of The Sound and the Fury ... D:
Old 2007-07-23, 17:36   Link #24
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
OT:

Quote:
Could they not afford a Windows-based trailer?
Hold on while I finish laughing...

There!

For your information, Windows does not represent the whole PC spectrum. There's these little guys who use an operative system called MacOS, and there's these other guys, like me, who use an operative system called/based on Linux. Now, I'd be glad if you could have all the MS stuff you'd like, but please, let's make use of the standards the rest of the community has always been fighting so hard for, and which MS has always tried to destroy.

Back on topic:

Amazing animation... but will there be any depth to this? As it has been said, it looks a lot like a shiny diamond with a charcoal interior.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-24, 00:34   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But you're comparing this to a game franchise (Metal Gear Solid) now which is an apples and oranges deal. A half description of Kanon can not be used as a comparison as they are different genres, again an apples to oranges comparison.

Perhaps, you should use Black Lagoon as an example instead. (That's what R1 will do anyways I bet.) But here, there isn't any cliched code names, DC Comics designs or paper thin plot on the website.
once again, by your own reasoning, you are comparing apples to oranges too. First the characters in Black Lagoon don't have code names, they have nicknames, not to mention Revy's nickname is actually "Two Guns" in japanese kanji, not any more original than simply "Gun" if you ask me. And "Dutch the Boss", "Benny the Mechanic", "Revy the Two Hands" don't sound any more original than DC Comics characters, or those G.I. Joe characters, etc. Secondly by your "apples and oranges" argument, you can't compare this to Black Lagoon, it's like you can't compare Bruce Lee movies to John Woo movies.

And I don't see where your logic comes from about the code names, so some code names that are cliched in animes suddenly becomes not cliched in games? huh? Maybe you should read better, I never compared this to MGS, I'm comparing the code names, so it's not anything near an apples and oranges deal. Unless you want to say that "Snake" is not a cliched code name in a game but suddenly becomes a cliched code name if used in an anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Honestly, it sounds pretty bad.There's some wonderful sci-fi novels that deserves to be animated a lot more than this.

I dream of an anime adaptation of Hyperion.Now,that would be totally awesome.Or the Culture cycle,Consider Phlebaswould make an excellent animation film.

I can always dream.
There are tons of wonderful sci-fi novels that's better than every single animes out there. But then I doubt many of them can be adapted into anime at all. Hyperion into an anime? Why do I have the feeling of the Sphere movie. Many times when a dream comes true, it becomes nightmare
Old 2007-07-24, 01:13   Link #26
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well ... at least there *are* hot chicks ... ¬.¬
Old 2007-07-24, 01:16   Link #27
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Many times when a dream comes true, it becomes nightmare
Thus it is better to stay dreamless, no

Sorry, couldn't help noticing the pun there ...

I dont usually drop in this section ... but its either your name as thread starter.. or the thread title interested me.. I dunno, but here I am, waiting for it.. Ok.. I concede.. its the vampire and the bomb <.<

Cliche? every single anime can be strip down to the same basic few things.. Its how they represent it that counts for me ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-24, 06:30   Link #28
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Cliche? every single anime can be strip down to the same basic few things.. Its how they represent it that counts for me ^^
Indeed, I still remember when I first started the Claymore and Black Lagoon (!) threads in AS a couple years ago, many people here said that they looked cliched and uninteresting, while at the same time saying that those upcoming harem shows looked great
Old 2007-07-24, 08:45   Link #29
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Indeed, I still remember when I first started the Claymore and Black Lagoon (!) threads in AS a couple years ago, many people here said that they looked cliched and uninteresting, while at the same time saying that those upcoming harem shows looked great.
Yes, however, I think the point here should be, "what does this show have besides a shiny appearance?". Certainly the trailers haven't shown much other than a lot of mindless action. It's not saying it's cliched--it doesn't seem to have much content, cliched or not. Of course, it deserves an opportunity, even more with such a display of high-quality animation.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-24, 14:00   Link #30
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

As Wandering knight said,the problem is the apparent lack of substance.It will be certainly very entertaining but the amount of ressource invested makes me a little sad.
Old 2007-07-26, 03:04   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

When the best five killers are hunted by the ultimate assassin:3 Die.2 Survive. 1 Lives... Forever.

Set in the high tech, high stakes world of espionage and global conspiracy, The Five Killers reunites the world’s greatest assassins years after their bitter retirement. One of them has been found murdered, and the message is clear: they’re next.

They’re names are

SWORD, BOMB, GUN, KNIFE, and VAMPIRE.
The story begins on a rainy afternoon in Boston, when four of the estranged killers gather for an unexpected funeral. Knife is dead, and no one knows who murdered him. Since they've all been out of the game for a long while, Knife's death comes as a shocking surprise but one they all know to be possible given their line of work.

The funeral doesn't go smoothly. Immediately, uncomfortable glances, sudden arguments, and old accusations begin to fly as the remaining four confront one another with the bitterness and jealousies that originally drove them apart until a fifth mourner arrives. Dressed in white and announcing himself as "The Droid," he cheerfully takes credit for Knife's assassination--and declares the other four to be his next targets. On the run, forced together in self-defense, the four race around the world trying to find who--or what--is behind this mysterious "Droid" and why they're marked for death.

With an explosive ending, life death, immortality, and love all converge in an emotional and shocking final conclusion.
Old 2007-07-26, 06:35   Link #32
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
As Wandering knight said,the problem is the apparent lack of substance.It will be certainly very entertaining but the amount of ressource invested makes me a little sad.
well, with the very few exceptions like Kino no Tabi, Hundred Stories, Mushishi and stuff, most anime's pre-release info has an apparent lack of substance. And I'd feel sadder for the amount of resources invested in those tons of random harem shows
Old 2007-07-27, 00:28   Link #33
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But this is a title that is being shopped around. If that's the best that they can do, then heaven help them.
Old 2007-07-27, 04:43   Link #34
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The story begins on a rainy afternoon in Boston, when four of the estranged killers gather for an unexpected funeral. Knife is dead, and no one knows who murdered him. Since they've all been out of the game for a long while, Knife's death comes as a shocking surprise but one they all know to be possible given their line of work.

The funeral doesn't go smoothly. Immediately, uncomfortable glances, sudden arguments, and old accusations begin to fly as the remaining four confront one another with the bitterness and jealousies that originally drove them apart until a fifth mourner arrives. Dressed in white and announcing himself as "The Droid," he cheerfully takes credit for Knife's assassination--and declares the other four to be his next targets. On the run, forced together in self-defense, the four race around the world trying to find who--or what--is behind this mysterious "Droid" and why they're marked for death.

With an explosive ending, life death, immortality, and love all converge in an emotional and shocking final conclusion.
Wait.. if it started with Knife's death, does that means we'll be seeing flashback stories? o_o
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-27, 07:16   Link #35
orion

It starts at the funeral. Knife is already dead and the killer introduces himself to them which I think is the dumbest thing for a contract killer to do.

So if Knife is alive and kicking in the title then that scene is a flashback imo.
Old 2007-07-27, 07:19   Link #36
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Probably the killer is cocky and full of himself, right?
Old 2007-07-27, 07:30   Link #37
orion

Maybe he's an android ala Terminator. He's named 'Droid after all. I'm really hoping that it doesn't descend down this route.

Or maybe he's actually more than 1 person (a team). So the one introducing himself is not the actual killer.
Old 2007-07-27, 07:39   Link #38
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It starts at the funeral. Knife is already dead and the killer introduces himself to them which I think is the dumbest thing for a contract killer to do.

So if Knife is alive and kicking in the title then that scene is a flashback imo.
But the character page contained Knife as well..

That means we gonna start with his death.. then flashback to what they did together as a team.. then figure out why the killer is out to kill them.

If there is no flashback.. why the character page contain knife and his profiles as well if he wont be there for us to know him?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-27, 14:23   Link #39
orion

Awwww....you miss Knife already?
Old 2007-07-27, 22:38   Link #40
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer