AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 19:07   Link #321
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Episode 29:
  • We start off with a friendly match between the Nadeshiko and Russia
  • Mai plays the game like a selfish "$!%! instead of relying on teammates once again
  • Seven was there again to save Mai's sorry butt and Taeko should have scored the winner if it wasn't for Mai's selfishness.
  • Mai's pissed about something, but I wish the teammates start voicing out how fed up they are about her selfishness
  • Some solid training sessions by Enoshima; very well done.
  • I lol'd at Araki when he was told there would be 20 more runs to make uphill.
  • Nice tag marathon run, especially when Seven runs after fatty Araki, and vice-versa before Araki falls in the river.
  • Mai asks Kakeru to use the men's showers and then drags him in.
  • Seven arrives just in time and speaks with Kakeru about Mai's issues.
  • LOL at the judokas!
  • Kakeru finally got the call from the JFA to play as with the U16. *opens up the bottle of champagne*

Kakeru was quite hilarious in that episode; I still get vibes from the manga when I think of that scene in the shower rooms. I can't wait for the baby-faced assassin to play with that blue shirt on.

About Mai... I want Mai to improve as a character (who wouldn't?) and as a player for the Nadeshiko since we see more of them in the anime than in the manga. However, someone should think about firing Takeda, bring on someone with a Ferguson-esque stern face of a coach and have such new coach who's not shy of letting Mai warm the bench as a punishment for her selfishness. The only way (and I mean it when I say it), really the only way Mai can grow as a player is through the presence of a stern disciplinarian to show her how it's done. It's one thing for Seven to still believe in Mai, but getting rid of that selfishness requires some horse remedy.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 11:18   Link #322
ookamigirl

This time it started with girl's soccer.
Mai & Seven play really good.
Seems like Mai was not satisfied with her performance though.
This time guys were forced to do a really intense training.
So basically, to become the best, they have to get much stronger.
I wasn't surprised by Araki's behavior though.
That guy really needs to stop eating so much!
Turns out that Mai is acting pretty selfish. She's not mush of a team player.
Her passes at Kakeru really made him loose his cool ^^
Kakeru a U-16 Japanese representative!! Awesome!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 14:38   Link #323
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Turns out that Mai is acting pretty selfish. She's not much of a team player.
It was already well known she is not a team player. That's why I think such issue requires a strong remedy in the person of a real coach who'll show Mai the hard way by benching her and remain unmoved in front of her temper tantrums.

However, the sad truth is that neither the director nor the creator of this series has the balls to show viewers what it costs to any character (primary or secondary) when playing with such selfishness.
Old 2012-08-10, 19:22   Link #324
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Finally, AnK is giving us some of what I hoped it would be from the beginning. Nice episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 04:22   Link #325
ookamigirl

The short recap was a nice reminder of how it all began.
U-16 representative training camp.
Kakeru & Araki got invited.
Flashback to soccer days with Suguru was interesting to watch.
Araki's weight sure was getting attention from other players ^^"
Those 15-minute games were pretty intense.
Hazing Kakeru was LOL

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-08-12, 03:24   Link #326
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Now, we are getting into some interesting stuff. Good to see the likes of Yusuke and Hibino joining Araki and Kakeru in that huge camp.

I lol'ed when Hibino finally got tempted to peep in that hazing session. Kakeru is still pretty much the cherry boy at heart.

Araki's mom was after making quite the supreme effort to lose weight of her own.

I didn't know Captain Taeko Ishiki is only 25. I thought she would be a little older than that.
Old 2012-08-18, 07:01   Link #327
ookamigirl

Kakeru in a match against USA.
Just looking at others play was pretty interesting.
That USA goalkeeper was really good.
With all those great players Kakeru really had to go all out to prove himself.
The USA guys sure were big when compared to the Japanese team.
Getting one over Americans won't be easy as the inter high matches.
Looks like Kakeru realized he needs to get more serious.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-08-18, 07:12   Link #328
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It was a decent episode, though next episode looks to be another OOC filler time.

Still, it did a good job of giving Kakeru a 'start' into future story arcs when the time comes for the story to go onto the international scene, and starts by establishing 'national-level' rivals he'll face in tournaments.

Kakeru does still need to level up some more. Despite having some neat tricks, as a player overall, he's pretty unimpressive compared to the others.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:51   Link #329
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

What puzzles me is how Seven told Kakeru that the focus of improvement should be on the Phi trick instead of adding a wider variety of feints. It's probably the first time I openly disagree with Seven on the approach to take because that ain't gonna help Kakeru to use the same thing even if it's an improved version. Even the best strikers of the game today use a number of different feints to shake off the defenders and find the opportunity to score. Do we want Kakeru to become a speedy fox in the box like Filippo Inzaghi or rather a more complete striker like Robin van Persie? That's one good question to ask.

I also lol'ed at Mai's apparent cluelessness when Seven explained the way a goalkeeper would win a race to block a loop shot.

Next episode should be fun with the festival coming up. Volume 16 in the manga should be good preparation about what to expect next week.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-08-18 at 21:54.
Old 2012-08-18, 13:41   Link #330
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
What puzzles me is how Seven told Kakeru that the focus of improvement should be on the Phi trick instead of adding a wider variety of feints.
I don't think she means he shouldn't try other things but before that he should focus on mastering that moves he already have. Seven knows Kakeru needs to focus on one thing at a time otherwise he won't improve at all.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:14   Link #331
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The thing about Kakeru is that even his 'trump cards' can be rather underwhelming and circumstantial, especially when compared with what other players have as well. Everyone else seems to have something that they can built around their fundamental core strength or team play. Even the highly circumstantial Hibino Cannon has its place in the 'build of the team' via the Four Arrows, much less more rounded abilities like Asuka's game planning skills and Takajo's ability as a striker.

As for his all-rounder skill... while it doesn't seem to be bad, it definitely lacks behind even Yuusuke, which means he still has a fair bit to go.

But the series seems to be actively pushing for Kakeru's development as the 'Knight in the Area' , so what can I say?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 22:28   Link #332
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think she means he shouldn't try other things but before that he should focus on mastering that moves he already have. Seven knows Kakeru needs to focus on one thing at a time otherwise he won't improve at all.
I hope you're right, but Seven looked quite sincere when she said that those who use a variety of feints receive the ball from a slightly defensive position while strikers like Kakeru are best in going from zero to top speed quickly and slipping behind the defender. If she was leaning towards the idea of improving the variety in feints, she would already be on the job with Kakeru for that.

Someone from another forum wrote that it would turn Kakeru into a one-trick pony by just levelling up the Phi trick until it becomes unstoppable (like Naruto's Rasengan Shuriken). And Kakeru looks to keep on trying that too often in the manga as well instead of developing something else and use the Phi trick as a last resort. That's why I'm not too warm at Seven's idea.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-08-18 at 22:51.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:00   Link #333
ookamigirl

Episode 32

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-08-25, 23:49   Link #334
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Episode 32

Spoiler for plot:
Fun stuff indeed.

Kota is really good at creating quite a mess by hiring Mai into the maid cafe and then getting everyone to wear dresses. Kakeru dressing like a girl was a collector's item reminding me of Shinji Ikari in that funny Evangelion spin-off manga I read some time ago. But Kaoru dressing as a girl was... Oh God! He even made Mai cry in jealousy and I lol'ed even harder when Hibino was told that the "girl" was Kaoru.

The theater act was a very hilarious one as you mentioned.

Nana using her full tomboyishness of old to act as Romeo... wow! Really, take a bow, son! Take a bow!
Old 2012-08-25, 23:56   Link #335
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I suppose it was only a matter of time until they put the baby-faced assassin in a dress... If only they'd switched his and Araki's roles when Araki suggested it, the whole spinal collapse would never have happened.
Old 2012-09-01, 07:20   Link #336
ookamigirl

Episode 33

Spoiler for plot:

Looks like this thread got abandoned...

Episode 34

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami

Last edited by ookamigirl; 2012-09-08 at 04:04.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:58   Link #337
MasterVampire

Everyone is out to defeat his Phi-Trick lol
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:53   Link #338
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Everyone is out to defeat his Phi-Trick lol
And how Seven keeps on thinking that the way to go is to find a way to improve the Phi-Trick instead of adding a few more feints to his repertoire, that's even more baffling considering the aim is to make Kakeru become a better striker. Keeping on doing the same thing without anything else different is virtually shooting himself in the foot.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:50   Link #339
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Apo!

That looked more like tiki-taka than total football to me, but it's still a tough system to play against. Ironically, without Araki Enoshima is suffering from the same thing the US National team is - a lack of a creative and intuitive force in the midfield. Stuart Holden can't come back soon enough.

AnK has definitely found a nice stride over the last few weeks. I think it's the best run of eps so far.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:53   Link #340
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

eh, this show is ongoing? i they haven't caught up with the manga?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports