AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 02:55   Link #11041
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Iranian news agency says the U.S. is secretly run by Nazi space aliens. Really.

Title says it all.

(also, it's kinda hilarious that the news agency is called "FARS", which makes me wonder if there's a possibility of this being a hoax, but I guess it's not)
If I am not wrong, Fars is the plural or shortened term for Farsi, which is the modern version of the Persian language.

Government Shuts Down 11-Year-Old's Cupcake Business

Good to see the regulators doing their job. 11-year-old or not, the law is the law.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 07:44   Link #11042
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

What about little Timmy's lemonade stand, I bet thats next to get the banhammer.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:19   Link #11043
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
What about little Timmy's lemonade stand, I bet thats next to get the banhammer.
Well at least the IRS did not come after her for not declaring income
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 23:41   Link #11044
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait until April....
Old 2014-02-02, 01:38   Link #11045
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Q : What do you do when your company have problems paying your fines to the government?

A : Pass it onto the consumers.

Netizen calls SMRT a retard: You will be fined for entering or remaining in a full train

Quote:
Stay in Singapore long enough, and you are bound to come across people complaining about the public transport. Of course, the complaints are not unfounded, and even the Land Transport Authority (LTA) had to step in and issue fines to the train operators in Singapore. Last October, LTA announced that it will fine a total of SMRT S$860,000 and SBS Transit S$250,000 over service disruptions.

To ensure order and safety too, The Rapid Transit Systems Regulation has also set a few fine and penalty in place.

A particular fine was brought up recently as unreasonable: You will be fined S$500 for entering or remaining in train when it is full. Netizen Sathiya Soorian also noted that SMRT has “just went full retard“.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-02, 22:04   Link #11046
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I could understand entering a full train(although it's almost full retard already ), but remaining on full train is an offence?

"I know this is only halfway to your destination, but you have to get down here because other people want to get in the train. Try your luck on your next train"
Old 2014-02-02, 22:30   Link #11047
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What a sad day for all of the internet (and mankind)
Old 2014-02-02, 22:39   Link #11048
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Keyboard cat will play the organ at his funeral. Keyboard cat is quoted as saying that it'd be "an honor" to do so. Pallbearers include Long Cat, Drill Cat, and Ceiling Cat, among others.
Old 2014-02-03, 00:52   Link #11049
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I could understand entering a full train(although it's almost full retard already ), but remaining on full train is an offence?

"I know this is only halfway to your destination, but you have to get down here because other people want to get in the train. Try your luck on your next train"
But if you got down from a full train, it no longer is full any more. Is it an offense then? Catch-22
Old 2014-02-03, 00:59   Link #11050
Tiberium Wolf

So damn weird maneuver.
Old 2014-02-03, 16:17   Link #11051
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

How would they even decide who should get off, anyway?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 08:08   Link #11052
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NSFW Sankaku : Cops Bust JS Kidnapper on “Shoujo Manga Possession” Tip

Quote:
Police have arrested a man for kidnapping a 9-year-old girl after he was reported as a suspect by the public “for having shoujo manga” and “looking like an otaku” – finding both a shoujo and as many as 4 volumes of shoujo manga in his possession.

The 9-year-old girl told her mother she was going to a shop near her Sapporo home to buy some notebooks one afternoon, but by nightfall had not returned.

Her parents became concerned and reported the matter, and police had soon launched a search fearing she had perhaps gotten lost in the snow or fell in a river.

However after two days had elapsed she had still not been found and police requested assistance from the public, and it emerged she had bought her notebooks and was last seen on her way back talking to a schoolmate.

Police had no further inkling of her location until a local taxi driver reported that “there’s a suspicious man who has shoujo manga.”

He further cemented their suspicions by saying he “looked sort of like an otaku.”

Acting on this extremely suspicious information police called on the neigbourhood apartment of a 26-year-old unemployed man, finding him to match the description of their suspect.

He told them the girl “was not here,” but on checking officers found the little girl sat in his room – she had been crying, but was otherwise unharmed.

It emerged he had accosted the little girl in a convenience store car park, telling her to “come over here a little while” and then tying her up with tape and taking her home.

She was returned to her family unharmed whilst he has been charged with kidnapping.

In addition to the kidnapped shoujo, they found a total of 4 volumes of shoujo manga in his possession, a fact which media wasted no time in highlighting as evidence of his deviance, with reports calling it “strange.”
I don't know what kind of shoujo manga he is reading, but it is quite obvious that reading those things drives you crazy.

Hence the reason to bulldoze Otome Road.

Old 2014-02-05, 08:20   Link #11053
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Great....more fuel for the bigotted trash....
Old 2014-02-05, 10:06   Link #11054
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW Sankaku : Cops Bust JS Kidnapper on “Shoujo Manga Possession” Tip

I don't know what kind of shoujo manga he is reading, but it is quite obvious that reading those things drives you crazy.

By any chance are you making this post from lockup?
Old 2014-02-05, 10:42   Link #11055
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I realise than you have your own agenda but you know as well as much of use than anecdotal evidence don't support much a case. What will you suggest next time a lolicon is caught doing something as bad ( or worse), chemical castration, physical one or just a slap on the wrist ?
Old 2014-02-05, 11:01   Link #11056
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

"Shoujo manga" Is so broad a terminology that you might as well say "comics"

It's the same thing.

But of course, the statistically obtuse sheep of the public won't care for that
Old 2014-02-05, 11:29   Link #11057
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Apple's Mac OSX imitated in latest North Korea system

North Korea. Stealing ideas and claiming it's original and better than the world.
Old 2014-02-06, 07:24   Link #11058
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Boob deodorant – the latest joke from the beauty industry
Inventing problems with women's (and now men's) bodies and offering a 'cure' fuels the multi-billion dollar beauty industry

Quote:
Ladies, I have some good news and I have some bad news. The first piece of good news is that I will never again begin a column with the word "ladies" because typing that opener makes me cringe at the thought of one too many all-female email threads organizing Sunday brunches, Girls-watching marathons and bachelorette parties. The second piece of good news is that American Apparel and Cameron Diaz say you can stop waxing all your pubic hair off.

The bad news: you need to start deodorizing under your boobs.

I can already hear your objections: "But the area under my boobs doesn't stink!" or "What kind of marketing genius not only came up with the term 'swoob,' but actually thought half the world's population might be dumb enough to buy into it?" or simply, "This is a dumb product aimed at inventing an insecurity and then claiming to cure it."

You would be correct on all three points.

In fact, inventing problems with women's bodies and then offering a cure – if you pay up – is the primary purpose of the multi-billion dollar beauty industry. More than 20 years ago, Naomi Wolf wrote The Beauty Myth challenging that exact phenomenon. Since then, the industry has only gotten bigger, and the range of made-up problems women need to "cure" only wider. Women spend $426bn every year on beauty products, paying $151bn more in fees and mark-ups than men for the same products – and that's not including the $10bn Americans spend on plastic surgery.

Poke around and you'll find a laundry list of painful-sounding or bizarre procedures, from labia trimming to anal bleaching to freezing your facial muscles with poison to prevent wrinkles. But even relatively benign and basic beauty upkeep would look awfully strange to an alien landing in the middle of New York:

The women wear shoes that are pointy and unstable and make it impossible to walk, and they rip out hair from everywhere but their heads but then they paint extra hair on their eyes, and they turn their fingernails colors found nowhere in nature, and they paint their lips impossible shades of red and pink and orange, and they draw lines around their eyelids and put color on top, and they try to make their whole bodies skinny except their butts and their boobs, which they sometimes fill with gelatinous sacks.
We are an incredibly strange species.

Of course, human beings throughout history have altered their appearance, to indicate membership in a group, to denote status or to appear attractive. What counts as "attractive" may vary wildly across cultures and traditions, but the pursuit of beauty is important to many human beings in many different societies around the world. An interest in the aesthetic isn't weakness or vanity. It's the foundation of art, of design, of architecture, of many of any given culture's most treasured developments. It's not shallow or frivolous for women and men to interest ourselves in our own personal aesthetic, devoting time and care to how we look. There can be an art in dressing and doing your hair and make up, not to mention a female-centric passing down of traditions and practices. Lipstick alone is not propping up the patriarchy.

But socially obliging women as a class to present in a certain way that necessitates the expenditure of time, money and effort is.

No one is legally required to shave their legs, blow dry their hair, get a facial or wear lipstick. But if you don't wear make up, you can be fired for it, and many employers have dress codes that require a full-done-up face. If you're a black woman and you wear your hair natural or in braids, you might be fired as well, or informed that your look isn't "professional" – even if you're not a woman at all, but a little girl.

And don't get to thinking that striving for attractiveness will solve your problems. Employers can fire you for that, too.

Beauty also pays you back. Beautiful women (and men) earn much more than their average-looking or unattractive counterparts. But beauty, especially for women, isn't so much inborn as an achievement. That truth is simplified in the teen movie trope of the nerdy girl transforming into a babe by whipping off her glasses and shaking her hair out of its ponytail, but the fact is that beauty is about a whole lot more than just genes – it's not just that it can be bought and paid for, it's that it usually has to be.

Yes, there are the lucky few who were born looking like our particular cultural ideal, but there are many more who are able to pay to come close. Think investments like braces to fix crooked teeth, whitening to fix a yellowed smile, dermatology for flawless skin, gym memberships and trainers and pricey healthy diets for a toned body, a skilled hairdresser and colorist for lovely hair, manicures and pedicures, well-made and well-tailored on-trend clothing, good make up and someone to teach you how to apply it, not to mention the luxury of time for daily workouts, careful shopping and the necessary beauty appointments.

You don't have to be rich to look great. But it sure does help.

That's because many of the ways we look "great" are about projecting a particular class status and social tribe. Sometimes it's about being in the know about trends or ways of wearing particular items; sometimes it's just about signaling wealth; sometimes it's about indicating that you probably also live in a particular kind of neighborhood and enjoy a particular kind of book and listen to a particular kind of music. But women stand on ever-shifting grounds of "appropriate" physical presentation, and we're pulled by what we enjoy, what we want to signify, and what we're supposed to exhibit.

All of that costs us money and time. It's never about finally being beautiful and getting to just exist as a pretty person. It's about achieving beauty. It's a series of efforts and improvements and rituals, and ongoing work of beautifying yourself. There's always something else that could be improved or fixed.

And when we live in a society where people make enormous sums of money selling unnecessary things to other people, you can bet that the stakes of acceptability continually get higher. I know very few women my age, for example, who have never gotten a bikini wax. My mom knows very few who have. I've never asked her, but I'm fairly confident I know more men who have groomed their body hair or purchased expensive hair and face products than my mom does, because in the past decade or so the beauty industry has identified men as a massive untapped market.

Yet I still know plenty of men whose beauty routine involves little more than a Gillette razor, deodorant and a comb; I know close to zero women who use so few beauty products. The little things add up: the extra minutes in the bathroom in the morning instead of at work, the niggling insecurities that eat away at your brain space and your self-esteem, the understanding that your existence on this earth requires putting yourself on physical display.

Beauty culture can be a lot of fun, and I'm not immune to it. Sephora knows I own enough lipstick for a bus full of human women. It's also a major burden. And when industries are so transparently trying to stoke our insecurities in order to get us to buy more stuff, our ears should perk up a little bit and we should ask: is this about the fun in playing with the aesthetics of our physical bodies? Or is this someone trying to get me to buy a thing by convincing me that something is terribly, embarrassingly wrong with my body?

A hint: it's usually Choice B. Luckily, the manufacturer of boob deodorant made this latest one easy.

Old 2014-02-06, 10:28   Link #11059
JokerD

Great product!! Now let me test if it works.
BOOBS!!
*gets slapped and stomped on*
Old 2014-02-06, 11:05   Link #11060
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That is why, unlike the moron above me, I choose lolis. They don't have boobs to feel insecure about.

Tags
humor