AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-22, 15:42   Link #401
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In the novels in the part where Touma collapses he does punch Kanzaki in the face after telling her how useless are both Stiyl and her.
And that's where she started liking him. When you help/punch a woman, you expect love.
Old 2010-09-22, 20:08   Link #402
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
And with that reaction of his... I'd like to think that he got used to it that he doesn't even care about it anymore.

Apart from Tsuchimikado and Aogami, I really think Touma needs someone who can be defined as a BRO.

Yeah, a BRO as in BROFIST.
I disagree with him not caring about it any more- he just doesn't have the background to care properly. If someone were to call you a monster, you'd be mad! And he does get mad, though he drops it remarkably quickly.

But I do think Touma needs a Bro.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:52   Link #403
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Here's a little thought

Touma's Imagine Breaker :

1) Grants protection from supernatural attacks.
2) Cancels his own luck
3) (Used to) gives bad luck to other people.
4) Adds on to his harem by helping other girls (well, most of the time, and seems to only affect young ones.)
5) Makes girls sympathetic to him (with only Seiri as the exception.)
6) Grants any man that he punched out a girlfriend (Izzard doesn't count because Touma's arm got cut off. Saiji doesn't because he was rammed in)
7) Grants an auto-immunity to death in combat.
8) Has a 100% chance of converting someone (partly because of the speech as well, and let's see what happens to Fiamma.)
9) Makes the guys he punched out hot-blooded.
10) Can't think of the last one...
Old 2010-09-28, 09:05   Link #404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... In the grand scheme of things, what could Imagine Breaker's true power be ?

Jokes aside I'm very interested with point 7- especially after Lessar's monologue during Accelerator vs Touma Round 2 - Black Wings vs Imagine Breaker. After so many near death and impossibly lucky close call, is there actually a reason for Touma's never say die that the author would address? I certainly hope it's not strong will...

EDIT:

Also, I've been thinking about what Accelerator have speculated and here are my thoughts- What if Touma's Brain is actually on par with Accelerator's? The only difference is that he isn't aware that his Brain has been subconsciously making all this precise calculations of speed, time and distance during his fights resulting in his insane reflexes to block lightning, while Accelerator was more than aware of what he's capable of. Remember that Touma isn't exactly stupid, he just doesn't have Esper powers.

There's one fight scene that I'm curious about, and that's the hijack scene on the plane to Britain, how did Touma take out those terrorists?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-09-28 at 09:19.
Old 2010-09-30, 23:00   Link #405
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Lol Aogami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Apart from Tsuchimikado and Aogami, I really think Touma needs someone who can be defined as a BRO.
What's wrong with Tsuchimikado and Aogami as bro's?
Old 2010-10-01, 22:36   Link #406
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I may be wrong, but wasnt that the frog-faced doctor that always brought him out of his near-death state? Or do you mean that the Imagine Breaker can keep Touma alive long enough to get to the doctor?
Old 2010-10-01, 22:43   Link #407
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I may be wrong, but wasnt that the frog-faced doctor that always brought him out of his near-death state? Or do you mean that the Imagine Breaker can keep Touma alive long enough to get to the doctor?
It definitely managed to keep him alive. He should've been dead from blood loss after about ten minutes. Stiyl might've managed to kept him alive for a short time, but not that long really...
Old 2010-10-01, 23:08   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not only that,

Spoiler for Vol 20:
Old 2010-10-02, 01:44   Link #409
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Actually, since looking at the current scenario, neither Touma nor the people he punched out died, so I'm half-joking about this.

But honestly, there are tons of situations that he could have died in. Not to mention that with his Imagine Breaker cancelling his luck, he might have been dead if due to bad luck, he got into an accident or something.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:27   Link #410
reaper with no name

Quote:
Actually, since looking at the current scenario, neither Touma nor the people he punched out died, so I'm half-joking about this.

But honestly, there are tons of situations that he could have died in. Not to mention that with his Imagine Breaker cancelling his luck, he might have been dead if due to bad luck, he got into an accident or something.
Didn't they say in the anime that it just nullifies his good luck? Technically, that's not the same as bringing bad luck.

But even if I'm wrong and it does bring him bad luck, it doesn't mean it brings him luck that bad!
Old 2010-10-02, 13:36   Link #411
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

The basis I'm assuming all these is because there isn't a complete explanation of how IB works. Index only speculated that it cancels his good luck, and I'm also speculating all these here, half-jokingly of course.
Old 2010-10-02, 17:01   Link #412
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If IB does cancel out his good luck, and give him bad luck, it would explain his misfortunes
Old 2010-10-02, 21:17   Link #413
tsunade666

imagine breaker doesn't give him bad luck. It only cancels god's blessing or luck. So his in neutral stand. Not lucky and unlucky. Though he often tends to be unlucky but sometimes super lucky.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:24   Link #414
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
imagine breaker doesn't give him bad luck. It only cancels god's blessing or luck. So his in neutral stand. Not lucky and unlucky. Though he often tends to be unlucky but sometimes super lucky.
Oh so those misfortunes that befall him are just coincidences
Old 2010-10-02, 22:01   Link #415
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not only that,

Spoiler for Vol 20:
Wasn't that due to IB's nullifying effect? I'm sure if someone took a sniper rifle to him, he would still die....
Old 2010-10-02, 22:20   Link #416
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Wasn't that due to IB's nullifying effect? I'm sure if someone took a sniper rifle to him, he would still die....
Spoiler for vol 20:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-10-03 at 02:47.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:21   Link #417
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Touma wasn't able to nullify all of those wings, plus they were impacting the ground relatively close to him. If each wings were as powerful as Accelerator claims (Maybe like a missile? Seeing as how he was able to cause that much damage to the terrain) it would still be enough to turn his insides into soup from the shockwave alone.
He could touch them with no effect.....any normal human would be atomized on contact from the sheer force alone.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:25   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He could touch them with no effect.....any normal human would be atomized on contact from the sheer force alone.

Spoiler for vol 20:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-10-03 at 02:47.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:52   Link #419
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yes, but that was still just one wing, what about the other 99? If they were enough to crush a human upon impact, it still doesn't make their shockwave any less dangerous which was what Accelerator pointed out.
No....I mean if he can hold a wing, why wouldn't it make sense for the shockwave not affecting him? After all, IB has protected him from large area effect attacks before (Dragon's Breath, Misaka's lightning, Curtana Original's dimension cutter etc) all those wings headed towards him is just another large area effect attack.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:59   Link #420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No....I mean if he can hold a wing, why wouldn't it make sense for the shockwave not affecting him? After all, IB has protected him from large area effect attacks before (Dragon's Breath, Misaka's lightning, Curtana Original's dimension cutter etc) all those wings headed towards him is just another large area effect attack.
Depends on whether you want to count them as side effects of the Esper powers, or the physical result of the powers (I suppose there's a difference).

Somewhere it was mention that Imagine Breaker could negate Stiyl's magic flames, but couldn't remove the ashes it creates. And how the Feathers were the side effects of Dragon's Breath, while blowing stuff up was the physical result.

I would like to think that any shockwaves produce are the latter.

But of course, theories theories... I normally wouldn't bring this up, but I feel that the Author was trying to address these problems (Hence Accelerator's explaination of Touma blocking Mikoto's attacks) and so I thought it would be interesting to discuss alternate possibilities.
Closed Thread