AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2018-02-11, 23:23   Link #4981
cyberdemon

perhaps it is because it is a warp digivolution from Tailmon that it became Holydramon. Whereas if she was Angewomon when she mega digivolved she would become Ophanimon. One is a beast type digimon and the other is a human type digimon. doesn't mean she can't. Just that warp digivolving is easier to conserve energy with.
Old 2018-02-12, 02:53   Link #4982
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Not happy with what I'm seeing here in the traile

- I don't need to see Matt leading the team the entire special

- Where's flipping Tai?!

- There going to wait till the couple of seconds to show the 02 kids aren't they?

I hope we don't get the other half of the spiecial without Tai, if we do they better show us where Tai is and what happened. I hate what I'm seeing here.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 07:43   Link #4983
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
perhaps it is because it is a warp digivolution from Tailmon that it became Holydramon. Whereas if she was Angewomon when she mega digivolved she would become Ophanimon. One is a beast type digimon and the other is a human type digimon. doesn't mean she can't. Just that warp digivolving is easier to conserve energy with.
I really doubt this is the case since Tri doesn't use the Warp Evolution.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 07:47   Link #4984
RDNexus

That's right, this time all Ultimates evolved directly from their Perfect Levels.
I was actually hoping for Ophanimon, like it happened in the PSP game, but oh well...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 12:06   Link #4985
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Not happy with what I'm seeing here in the traile

- I don't need to see Matt leading the team the entire special

- Where's flipping Tai?!

- There going to wait till the couple of seconds to show the 02 kids aren't they?

I hope we don't get the other half of the spiecial without Tai, if we do they better show us where Tai is and what happened. I hate what I'm seeing here.
I mean, presumably they just want to maintain the tension about "OMG is Taichi dead?!" until the movie itself comes out and he's inevitably revealed to be alive. If I were to make a guess, I'd say he's... in the same situation the 02 crew has been stuck in through this entire series and that the movie will go on as if he was indeed dead for quite a while until they finally cut back to him and answer the question we've been asking for the past five movies, though he won't reunite with the others until the film's climax.

...Though at this point I find it hard to be particularly optimistic about this anymore. I mean, I could accept the slow burn for the first two movies, and the third one was actually really good, but the last two, um... they've kinda been a colossal, overly dragged out mess. And the continued ignoring of the 02 crew crossed the line to being downright obnoxious a long time ago.
Old 2018-02-14, 06:05   Link #4986
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I mean, presumably they just want to maintain the tension about "OMG is Taichi dead?!" until the movie itself comes out and he's inevitably revealed to be alive. If I were to make a guess, I'd say he's... in the same situation the 02 crew has been stuck in through this entire series and that the movie will go on as if he was indeed dead for quite a while until they finally cut back to him and answer the question we've been asking for the past five movies, though he won't reunite with the others until the film's climax.
He's probably gonna be sidelined again and won't appear until the end. The producers have a hard on for Yamato.
Old 2018-02-14, 15:31   Link #4987
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He's probably gonna be sidelined again and won't appear until the end. The producers have a hard on for Yamato.
Really? Because Matt got screwed form most of the earlier film, including the movie he was suppose to headline along side Tai, but Tai ended up getting far more screen time.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 06:57   Link #4988
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Really? Because Matt got screwed form most of the earlier film, including the movie he was suppose to headline along side Tai, but Tai ended up getting far more screen time.
Matt is like the tsundere of the group, he can play a great Straight-man delivering punchline. It make me wish Tri to introduce a new wild character that often pisses Matt off by his attic.
Old 2018-02-15, 07:34   Link #4989
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Taichi only got focus in the first movie. He got the end of the stick in all the others. Yamato got more attention overall and got to stand out more.
Old 2018-02-15, 08:47   Link #4990
Konja9

Quote:
Taichi only got focus in the first movie. He got the end of the stick in all the others. Yamato got more attention overall and got to stand out more.
This is not really the case.

Throughout the five films, the character whose conflict has been dealt with is Taichi. In many aspects, Yamato's conflict in Tri has revolved around Taichi (Yamato has some interactions with other characters, but they are almost not transcendental).

In the second and third movies, none of the characters receives much screentime, but their conflict revolves around Taichi. In the fourth movie, both characters have almost the same time. In the fifth movie, Taichi had more prominence.
Old 2018-02-15, 08:59   Link #4991
Galaxian

Quote:
Matt has always been in the background of the movies and whenever he is given a bit of focus it has always been alongside Tai. Meanwhile, Tai has had a nice amount of focus in every movie, usually third only to Meiko and whichever digidestined the movie was suppose to be about.

The real issue one could complain about is that Matt is probably the best written of the digidestined in the movies because he seems to be the only character that wants to be a Digimon movie, while the others focus on drama or slice of life bs.
Old 2018-02-15, 20:29   Link #4992
MagnaAngemon

New poster it looks like Takeru and Hikari are holding hands or they're hovering fingertips near each other. Also Taichi looking at Meiko.

Only two pairings next to one another.
MagnaAngemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 01:19   Link #4993
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
This is not really the case.

Throughout the five films, the character whose conflict has been dealt with is Taichi.
It's not really being dealt with. It's just there. Taichi's conflicted since the first movie and nothing has changed yet. He kinda seemed like he finally was gonna put himself together in the latest movie, and then he got the boot. Yamato stood out more because he wasn't afraid to do shit.
Old 2018-02-16, 09:52   Link #4994
Konja9

Quote:
It's not really being dealt with. It's just there. Taichi's conflicted since the first movie and nothing has changed yet. He kinda seemed like he finally was gonna put himself together in the latest movie, and then he got the boot. Yamato stood out more because he wasn't afraid to do shit.
Here is an important point, the characters are receiving different treatments:

- Taichi is the character with conflicts. He is full of doubts, but little by little we see that he is overcoming them.

- Yamato is a more active character, but we have not seen any conflict of his own, all his conflicts revolves around other characters.

If you prefer treatment that Yamato receives, that's your opinion. However, I don't see that the staff preferring Yamato based on the treatment they give him.

In my opinion, I would say that the staff prefers Taichi, since they have given him a conflict of his own (regardless of whether the audience likes the handling of his conflict). Instead, they have relegated Yamato to a supporting role (he is active, but his role revolves around others).

Last edited by Konja9; 2018-02-16 at 22:07.
Old 2018-02-16, 20:57   Link #4995
Galaxian

Quote:
Throughout Tri, Matt is the only character that has actually acted as one would expect a digidestined to act. That's why, for us the audience, it might seem that he is getting "preferential treatment". However, two things:

First, this doesn't change the fact that Matt has been getting less focus than a lot of the other characters, particularly Tai.

Second, every time Matt argues with Tai, which is at least 90% of his screentime in Tri, all the digidestined, including his brother and "girlfriend", had sided with Tai, signaling that Matt is suppose to be in the wrong. Even though, for us the audience, he seems to be the only one talking sense.
Old 2018-02-16, 22:19   Link #4996
Konja9

Quote:
Second, every time Matt argues with Tai, which is at least 90% of his screentime in Tri, all the digidestined, including his brother and "girlfriend", had sided with Tai, signaling that Matt is suppose to be in the wrong. Even though, for us the audience, he seems to be the only one talking sense.
I don't really agree with this. The other digidestined didn't agree with Taichi (nor Yamato) in their discussions. The other digidestined seem to understand both points of view, but they usually just want Taichi and Yamato don't figth.

According to the interview with the staff, they don't think Taichi or Yamato are totally correct, so they probably don't want the other digidestined take a side.

PS: Now, in the fifth movie, the decision of Taichi of destroying Meicoomon seems to be the right decision. I don't think Yamato's opposition to this decision would be rational.
Old 2018-02-17, 07:41   Link #4997
Homura7

So no one is going to talk about....

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 15:50   Link #4998
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

He's just there, like how Machinedramon and Metal Seadramon was in the 4th movie, he'll just be fodder
Old 2018-02-18, 17:57   Link #4999
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
If you prefer treatment that Yamato receives, that's your opinion. However, I don't see that the staff preferring Yamato based on the treatment they give him.
You're missing my point. I don't mind that Taichi's conflicted. The problem is the show didn't do anything with it. A conflict is something the character has to overcome, pushing the character to grow. This isn't happening here. Taichi is conflicted and that's all there is to it, there's no development. This is bad writing or the staff just doesn't give a fuck. Either way Taich's getting the short end of the stick here.

Quote:
Throughout Tri, Matt is the only character that has actually acted as one would expect a digidestined to act. That's why, for us the audience, it might seem that he is getting "preferential treatment".
Because he is. That's plenty clear. He's even the leader now since Taichi's not coming back until the end.
Old 2018-02-18, 18:43   Link #5000
Galaxian

Quote:
Because he is. That's plenty clear. He's even the leader now since Taichi's not coming back until the end.
Yeah, Matt the leader now with only one movie left and we know that Tai is coming back for the third act in the latest.

Meanwhile, all throughout the other movies, Tai has been the indisputable leader and he has gotten at least some focus in ever single movie, something no other digidestined has had.

Tags
digimon