Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-08, 00:09   Link #3421
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
I mean his motivation, most BnH villains, excluding AFO. Shigaraki, Stains, Overhail are mama edgy boys whom hate society because it displease them.
Gentle introduce himself as someone whom appear to enjoy the society this time and will use the age of quirk for his gain, unlike his predecessors whom wanted to reformed or destroyed it, i take this as his plus point.
I know what you meant. I mean at that time, Chisaki was a FRESH villain to me since he have a clear goal and plan....but it was quickly degenerated into "DAMN U SOCIETY!."
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 10:00   Link #3422
Sixth
Hu Tao

Chapter is out. It is actually a great chapter for me. Eri is so cute.
Old 2018-02-08, 12:03   Link #3423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really liked Mirio and Eri's interaction. Mirio confirmed to be a lolicon?
Deku wasn't as cheery as him, but he was the one who come up with the idea of letting Eri enjoy the festival, so that's a major point in his favor.

I don't like that they're hiding Nighteye's death from her. I agree it's not the best time to tell her, but is there ever a good time for these sort of news? It'll be bad if she finds out about it on her own. Her horn has shrunk but maybe a strong emotional shock could make it grow again and make her go on a rampage. Eraserhead should stick close to her just in case.

The new villain looks fabulous. His sidekick makes me think of a female Mineta. Very curious about his quirk.
Old 2018-02-08, 13:12   Link #3424
Wandering Soul

Mirio should calm down a little. I get he's eager to cheer up Eri, but at this rate rumors are going to start spreading about him.
Old 2018-02-08, 13:20   Link #3425
XFire
150% done

Apple's are now officially the best way to repair a broken young girls heart. Especially candy apples.
Old 2018-02-09, 00:03   Link #3426
marvelB

Huh, so I guess that Gentle dude was the guy whose face appeared on the PC monitor at the end of last chapter, then? Interesting that he seems to just be focusing on spreading his own notoriety compared to the previous villains, as already mentioned (so far, anyway). Wonder how Deku and co. will get mixed up with this guy....?

Anyway, it's nice to see Deku and Mirio decide to cheer up Eri (my thoughts on Mirio treating the festival invitation as a "date" notwithstanding, lol). Hopefully, this good gesture won't come back to bite the boys in their fannies later....

Also, it's a small thing, but I'm glad to see the dog police chief dude again! I think the last time we saw him was around the end of the Stain arc, yes? We should get more appearances from NotMcGruff!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 11:03   Link #3427
marvelB

Bumping for the next chapter!

Well, we know a fair bit more about Gentle now.... he's basically a noble-thief type of character (so basically like Lupin). He's also made it pretty clear that he doesn't do violent crimes like the various "big" villains do. And now his and femme-Mineta's next target is UA's culture festival....!!!

Meanwhile, Jirou recruits a drummer for her band: Bakugou! Though since this is Bakugou we're talking about, his reasons for joining the band naturally aren't the most altruistic, heh.
Old 2018-02-16, 12:25   Link #3428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seems like Gentle will be harmless and his only job in this arc will be to spice things up a bit.

I really want Mineta to meet La Brava.
Old 2018-02-16, 13:06   Link #3429
Sixth
Hu Tao

The internet lurkers treated Gentle like shit.

Gentle deserved a better treatment.
Old 2018-02-16, 23:12   Link #3430
Twi

To be fair, I think that this is meant to spoof dude's who do stupid things for views. We all know one idiot who did something similar. So...

Anyway, leave it to Bakugo to be a jerk and a realist as per usual. No going half-cocked into this. Murder with music or go home.
Old 2018-02-17, 01:39   Link #3431
Random14

That's Bakugo for you- rude as ever but he has a point. Class A doesn't mean to be, but this does come off as... condescending? Pitying? Well, its not Class A's fault that so much has been happening to their school but even under normal circumstances there would be resentment from the Gen. Ed students, now even more so.

So that's guitarist (Jiro), Bakugo (figures he'd be good at drums), just a few more for their band.

I wonder how serious the Gentle plot will be. Whether his infiltration will just be a joke or not.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 03:05   Link #3432
marvelB

Personally, I'm not expecting too serious a conflict as far as Gentle is concerned, especially since he apparently stays true to his name and refrains from violent criminal activities. Should be fun to see how he attempts to crash the festival, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really want Mineta to meet La Brava.
I can SO totally see the irony of him turning her down because he considers her ugly, lol.
Old 2018-02-23, 07:43   Link #3433
Ultragunner

All Might is giving Deku proper guidance on One For All? NANIII????
Old 2018-02-23, 17:53   Link #3434
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Holy crap, this had to have been the funniest chapter of the whole series so far; every single page until serious time had something to laugh at, from that one panel with Iida asking what it takes to party (I found both the panel itself and the question coming from him to be hilarious, though I'm sure most will focus on the former, and frankly, I get it), Aoyama The Disco Ball, Mineta's design working against him, Mina inmediately cheering him up and oh my god, the reaction to Jiro's singing (Demand for character song should intensify after that). Man, we really needed this episode to remind us why we read this in the first place. I never forgot the cast being good, but this was amazing.

The serious stuff was good too, since its about time Deku got an upgrade.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 19:54   Link #3435
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
oh my god, the reaction to Jiro's singing (Demand for character song should intensify after that).
I can't help but wonder... When they were casting the anime, did anyone warn the voice director that Jiro was good at singing

Also, this is apparently what Kirishima was singing
Not the right genre at all. Though appropriately manly for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner
All Might is giving Deku proper guidance on One For All? NANIII????
I thought it came out of nowhere too... namely because of the rest of the chapter
"Time to get the band together! ... oh right, Deku's hero development; gotta squeeze that in there..."
Old 2018-02-23, 21:28   Link #3436
marvelB

Heh, my boy Mineta stole the show for me again this chapter. Especially love how he blamed his own character design for being unable to play a guitar. And hey, he even lucked out and gets a harem dance instead! That's my little pervy grape-head!

And yeah, I sorta agree that the sudden training exercise was slightly sudden, but I'm not complaining. Guess AM's lesson will come in handy once Gentle comes along to stir up trouble....
Old 2018-02-23, 21:56   Link #3437
Galaxian

So Deku's Delaware Smash will be making its triumphant return?

I like this manga doesn't just progress Deku's power by increasing the percentage of OFA he can control, but by having his understanding and implementation of the Quirk change and evolve over time.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 22:31   Link #3438
Wandering Soul

Mineta 's character design joke was great.

Deku's long range attack was something I missed and wondered why he hasn't tried to train to use it again, so I'm looking forward to it coming back.
Old 2018-02-24, 02:49   Link #3439
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't really care about the concert part but I was really happy when Deku was about to bring back the cool finger flick move. That movement was beast.

Just same as Deku, it never came across my mind that you don't always need to use 100% power when you are moving. Just with the right timing and condition, you can unleash 100% power in split second to achieve a optimal result without losing much. The author aced this part for me. Seeing how a pure strength based ability can use the shockwave/ wind as a part of their arsenal, i really wonder why were other strength based characters never seem pull that off in many manga. It was always about get closer and hit them harder mindset.
Old 2018-02-24, 13:41   Link #3440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first half of the chapter was really funny, especially Mineta breaking the fourth wall. The teams are decided now.

Second half was cool. All Might is properly coaching Deku. Having ranged attacks in his arsenal will open up new possibilities for him.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot