AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-21, 15:50   Link #1
Sunni

Does someone know when Naruto movie DVD come out?

Someone?????
Old 2004-10-21, 15:53   Link #2
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

It's already out. Go to your local Japanese movie theater and purchase a ticket to see it. For most of you...local can be thousands of miles away.
Old 2004-10-21, 17:05   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

He didn't ask about the movie, but rather the DVD of the movie. Big difference.

The DVD isn't due out till February from my understanding. That info may be wrong, but that's the last time frame I heard. I don't have a specific date though.
Old 2004-10-21, 19:19   Link #4
oDin01

I haven't read any news about the Japanese DVD release but it should be released by early 2005. I'll be pre-ordering the movie as soon as it's listed.
Old 2004-10-21, 20:57   Link #5
Sutaru
Tokyo Mew Mew Freak

Really? there's a naruto movie out? o.o;
Old 2004-10-22, 14:28   Link #6
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutaru
Really? there's a naruto movie out? o.o;
Yep, and the fanboys are getting restless on this forum. There has been at least a dozen threads asking when it will be released on bit torrent.
Old 2004-10-22, 16:34   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

HAHAHA.....uh, why? Movies are taboo on BT. Not that some sub groups would care. Then again, I'm sure there's not a lot of groups who'd even try to sub it. A 120m movie compared with a 20min episode is a HUGE leap. Way more than most groups would even consider.
Old 2004-10-23, 23:25   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
HAHAHA.....uh, why? Movies are taboo on BT. Not that some sub groups would care. Then again, I'm sure there's not a lot of groups who'd even try to sub it. A 120m movie compared with a 20min episode is a HUGE leap. Way more than most groups would even consider.
but people'll still do it
Old 2004-10-24, 00:34   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I never said that people don't. I simply said that *most* wouldn't bother because of its size. There's always someone who'll try. Heck, I've seen groups releasing DVR rips of anime complete with subs so it's possible, but only from the 1% who'll try anything. The other 99% won't bother.
Old 2004-10-24, 15:01   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Interesting side note for you guys. I saw a link to a raw for the Naruto DVD that's maybe an hour old. Interestingly enough though the link has been pulled already and the TV Tokyo site has zero information on the release date of the dvd so it's probubly a fake. Then again my kanji skills are rather horrid, so I may be wrong in that assumption. But when I saw that link I immediately thought of this thread. ^_^

BTW, the movie only came out in like July, right? If the 6 month rule applies we won't be seeing an actual raw or dvd rip until at least January, or February at the earliest.
Old 2004-10-28, 15:53   Link #11
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Please excuse the off topic question, but I just read the licensing page http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/licensed/ before looking at this thread, and it didn't mention anything about movies. Lord Raiden do you mean screeners are taboo?

(Golly, a fan-subbed screener would probably look wierd, wouldn't it?)

-k
Old 2004-10-28, 16:05   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Screeners are taboo because they're ripped right from the theatre. DVD rips are kinda pushing it because while money was made, it wasn't taken from a free public medium.
Old 2004-10-28, 20:22   Link #13
NeverRamza

I'd be willing to bet a subtitled version gets put out within a week a raw hits the net. This is Naruto, afterall.
Old 2004-10-29, 01:51   Link #14
scotty81
DSL addict

Send a message via AIM to scotty81 Send a message via MSN to scotty81
The bomb would be to have a zone2 dvd release with english subs on it, it would solve the problem right away
Or maybe some american company will get the rights of the movie and a zone1 release could come out. I guess it's easier to get teh rights for a movie, rather than for a show.

Yann
Old 2004-10-30, 00:14   Link #15
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Screeners are taboo because they're ripped right from the theatre. DVD rips are kinda pushing it because while money was made, it wasn't taken from a free public medium.
technically none of the mediums are free. tv has commercials, you see something in the commercial and buy it, hence youve paid to see show.

and ya cant say commercials dont influence your buying habits, if they didnt, then what would be the point of em?

all 3 mediums used for fansubbing are illegal.

also the public medium, is japanese public medium, not north american or others.

now im no goody two shoes, i download licensed, dvd rips, and what not. i do buy, i dont buy alot, coz 40 dollars a dvd is exspensive.

ive also downloaded hollywood productions, tho i do go often to the theatre. at least twice a month if not more.

i do believe there is a subbed one out there, i think it was released in dvdr format, i cant remember. i think it was cam.

for those unfamiliar with movie types.

cam = 8mm camcorder or digital cam with sound from cam mic.

TS = telesync, which is digital cam and line in(out?) sound souce, basically good audio

TC = Telecine which is a direct copy of a film reel. really good quality, but also suffers from reel defects, scratches and what not on the film itself, due to it being used in a theatre and being a copy of the master.

but i do believe i saw someone release a dvdr format of it.

edited to add that i dont think it was any know fansub group on animesuki or anime bt sites.
Old 2004-10-30, 07:38   Link #16
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

The DVD will be out mid-January.
Old 2004-10-30, 08:29   Link #17
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, the DVDr you're thinking about was a fake. However, Cheesemon is right, its due out after the first of the year. I don't agree with the mid-january timeline, but it will happen about that time frame.
Closed Thread