AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 10:43   Link #25181
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
New short posted to "Shadowfire"; a little out of order and I know it isn't Celica's first appearance in the series (so I apologize in advance, Syn), but I wanted to get this up soon so I could connect it to "Sunset" and "Broken".

Chill.
Old 2010-06-03, 11:18   Link #25182
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Also, DSL for even greater evil.

Ooh, Dark Fate goodness. I like Indra's last words, in spite of the tone of the piece I chuckled.
I admit, I have a certain fondness for the darkening of characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Effective irony right when Indra thought that her luck would run out, and right away it does . I liked how she reacted immediately, instead of stupidly gaping.

There's a fun and grotesque humour in this whole part that has me grinning . Nice! And yay, Arf and Fate!
Thanks! And, yeah, if only Indra knew how hard her luck would run out! She did fairly well for a civilian but, alas, still a civilian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I know a few of you have been waiting for this most impatiently. Here it is, Chapter 4 of false light, for your general consumption!

false light
a false light casts a darker Shadow...

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Spoiler for author's notes:

Edit: Now also up on Fanfiction.net... right here.
I do love how Lutecia's wise enough to really get the story out of Celica's device first. She has a good head on her shoulders and enough of an independence to investigate her orders further. Now that Lutecia and Celica's teamed up I can only imagine things moving from here!
Old 2010-06-03, 11:34   Link #25183
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Spoiler:

In response to something my friend posted over the "flame" I got last night, from the same guy who calls himself That's it. So, um.... all I really to say to him is, sorry my fic doesn't live up to your expectations? I mean, it's a drabble dump, I don't know what he expected.

Is it bad that now I'm just amused and baffled by this guy instead of annoyed?
Old 2010-06-03, 11:36   Link #25184
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

it's like walking into a cinema airing sex and the city while expecting avatar!
Old 2010-06-03, 11:46   Link #25185
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
it's like walking into a cinema airing Avatar while expecting Sex and the City!
Fixed that for ya.
Old 2010-06-03, 11:59   Link #25186
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I think either of those are equally a horrible experience...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:07   Link #25187
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Want moar nao, plez. Or permission to continue with it.
well, I wouldn't mind tag-teaming you with it :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:07   Link #25188
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
well, I wouldn't mind tag-teaming you with it :3
I'll have to think about it. I'm a little wary of co-writing/tag-teaming anything at the moment, sorry.
Old 2010-06-03, 12:13   Link #25189
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
I'll have to think about it. I'm a little wary of co-writing/tag-teaming anything at the moment, sorry.
Well, if you want to do a side-story in my universe, I wouldn't mind at all. Like I did with Landscaper!Fate/Richgirl!Nanoha :3 By tag-teaming I meant like if you wanted to have Lutecia brush against Fate and Nanoha, I could do it in my story as well. Like my fic and your fic is happening in the same city at the same time, but not necessarily interlacing too much. Feel free to use my universe for Vampire!Lutecia. I'll support you 100% and if you get serious with it, I'll direct my fans over to yours as well ^^

Edit: If you do, you should do a vote/POV swap with Lutecia/Vivio like I do with Nanoha/Fate >3
Old 2010-06-03, 12:23   Link #25190
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Well, if you want to do a side-story in my universe, I wouldn't mind at all. Like I did with Landscaper!Fate/Richgirl!Nanoha :3 By tag-teaming I meant like if you wanted to have Lutecia brush against Fate and Nanoha, I could do it in my story as well. Like my fic and your fic is happening in the same city at the same time, but not necessarily interlacing too much. Feel free to use my universe for Vampire!Lutecia. I'll support you 100% and if you get serious with it, I'll direct my fans over to yours as well ^^

Edit: If you do, you should do a vote/POV swap with Lutecia/Vivio like I do with Nanoha/Fate >3
Ah, I see. Oops.

Thank you, I'll definitely consider it. ^^ Unfortunately, I still need to finish some of my current projects before I even start thinking of picking up any new ones. >>;;;; But hey, gives me more time to refine the characters and the plot!
Old 2010-06-03, 12:49   Link #25191
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Ah, I see. Oops.

Thank you, I'll definitely consider it. ^^ Unfortunately, I still need to finish some of my current projects before I even start thinking of picking up any new ones. >>;;;; But hey, gives me more time to refine the characters and the plot!
XD okay :3 Whatever works best for you ^^
Old 2010-06-03, 18:10   Link #25192
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Even though it seems like no one really cared for it.
Yay! I'm No one!

Quote:

In response to something my friend posted over the "flame" I got last night, from the same guy who calls himself That's it. So, um.... all I really to say to him is, sorry my fic doesn't live up to your expectations? I mean, it's a drabble dump, I don't know what he expected.

Is it bad that now I'm just amused and baffled by this guy instead of annoyed?
Apparently they were addressing your series as a whole. Anyways, I don't think their comments are flaming. They seem to be standard criticisms, only stated a bit on the harsh side. I think essentially their issue is that your fics don't live up to their hype and are too predictable, little more than excuses to have Lutecia and Vivio be lovey dovey. Those are fairly legitimate comments, at least compared to more flamish comments like "I don't like this pairing therefore your fic suuuuuucks!"

Sometimes we can get such things mixed up, though. Admittantly I fall to this, as is the case with a few reviews to my ViCia fics. Taking issue with Fate/Yuuno being in there is actually validated since it was just tossed in there. I tried to incorporate it into the main story, what with the wedding being what got Vivio and Lutecia together, but I guess that wasn't enough.

Hm, what do you guys think? Would I fix that problem if I made the wedding be Nanoha and Fate's?
Old 2010-06-03, 19:30   Link #25193
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Having stood in the wind for so long, I hope I'm qualified to say, do whatever you want. Even if the thousand legions of the Yuri FFnet empire descend upon you, we're still behind you, whatever you choose.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2010-06-04 at 05:35.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:39   Link #25194
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post

Hm, what do you guys think? Would I fix that problem if I made the wedding be Nanoha and Fate's?
Pfft, you wouldn't just fix the "problem", you'll probably draw in lot more readers if you put the magic pairing in the description.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 19:56   Link #25195
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So, random Erio/Lutecia friendship short set in Shadowverse, because I've had in stuck in my head for the past two days. I got the name from a Michelle Branch song.

Spoiler for Tuesday Morning:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Dammit, now that song is stuck in my head! GAH!
Old 2010-06-03, 21:15   Link #25196
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

How about some Vampire!Fate?

Spoiler for Vampire!Fate part......game!?:
Old 2010-06-03, 21:32   Link #25197
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
You must tell me where I can acquire Vampire!Fate: The Game. It does not exist, which will make things harder, I'm sure, but perhaps we could arrange the kidnappings of some Visual Novel developers.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 21:41   Link #25198
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
You must tell me where I can acquire Vampire!Fate: The Game. It does not exist, which will make things harder, I'm sure, but perhaps we could arrange the kidnappings of some Visual Novel developers.
And a musical composer, and a story developer, not to mention someone to handle the finances and marketing strategy-- *shot*
Old 2010-06-03, 21:47   Link #25199
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
And a musical composer, and a story developer, not to mention someone to handle the finances and marketing strategy-- *shot*
*Reloads* dont get anymore ideas in my head...

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 22:42   Link #25200
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
Pfft, you wouldn't just fix the "problem", you'll probably draw in lot more readers if you put the magic pairing in the description.
Heh, true, though it wouldn't go in the description since the fic is solely about Lutecia and Vivio.

I'm not talking about 'fixing' it in terms of shipping. Apparently the Fate/Yuuno part is cringe worthy because it seems like I just tossed it in there cuz I could. I did make it plot relevant, though it doesn't change the fact that there's no basis for it, even if it had years to happen off screen.

So I guess I need something more... 'plausable', and NanoFate has a lot of build up and development in the canon works... Or so I'm told

Would a Yuunoha wedding work too? But if I did that then I couldn't do that pun with Fate's name at the end

Page claim for thinking back on old fics that aren't currently relevant anymore

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha