AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-20, 03:55   Link #101
whitecloud

my guess the real rin is somewhere on the upper level, most likely just below final stage and tamamo is just dropped to the first floor to look for hakuno in order for rin to be able to advance since there is no master other than rin and she not able to rise to the next level.
Old 2018-02-20, 05:57   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
okay so let me ask you, how do anime only viewers view dan with no prior knowledge on how he is supposed to act, how do they view him are they supposed to relate to him, care about him, regret the fact you are forced to kill him, no they just see him as a random psychopath, a random monster of the week villain
I wouldn't really call him a psychopath. He's just incredibly efficient. He knows the easiest way to win is to snipe the master. What's psychopathic about that?

Besides, anime only viewers should view him the way he is presented. Which is why he is presented that way. I do not understand why a new viewer is even supposed to care about him or relate to him at this point? Clearly he is not presented in a way to be sympathetic (at this point).

Let me state this just so I'm clear: I actually played the game, and I feel no sympathy towards him. Because the show has given me no reason to. Yet.

I don't really buy the whole "Rin is secretly Tamamo" schtick. That totally does not sound like Tamamo's MO. At least not as far as her 'husband' is involved. Besides, we've had no evidence that she's even in this show.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-02-20 at 06:38.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 23:09   Link #103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm just going to treat Rin as Rin until the show says otherwise. Considering the time that's been spent, it's not crazy that someone that smart and talented has come up with a variety of tricks and abilities to help survive and lay low.

Dan really has gone off the range. I think he's just desperate now. He probably played it very honorably at the beginning. But when he was made a floor master and couldn't move on....over time he just lost it. Fighting and killing over and over and over again. At some point he would lose any desire to be honorable and straight forward Rather just killing as efficiently as possible to try and advance would become an obsession.

An awkward thing with Archer being the one fighting the grail war in a more normal sense. Mostly keeping the focus on attacking Saber.
Old 2018-02-22, 06:05   Link #104
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, to me it's one of two things, which mostly amount to the same thing.

Either these characters aren't the same characters we know.

Or these characters are the same characters we know, and have lived for over a millennium and are highly likely to be changed people. In which case... They're not exactly the same characters we know.
Old 2018-02-22, 13:46   Link #105
Twi

It's uncanny more than anything. I played the game and respected Dan. What next? The murder clown being articulate and a vegetarian? The devout man being an Atheist?
Old 2018-02-22, 17:01   Link #106
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It's uncanny more than anything. I played the game and respected Dan. What next? The murder clown being articulate and a vegetarian? The devout man being an Atheist?
since we are going by the game's order next is alice and nursery rhyme, and that is what is scaring me to high heaven is what they did to them, because all depictions of them constantly rip your heart out because of what you had to do in extra and having to see them corrupted will be like ripping your heart out and stepping on it
Old 2018-02-22, 20:02   Link #107
Twi

Actually, I was kind of with Nameless/Archer on his view point.
Old 2018-02-24, 07:52   Link #108
moridin84
Custom User Title

Nero is a pretty interesting character. Nobility, decadence, arrogance, and self-absorption all bundled into one bishoujo package.

I could see her setting fire to Rome because it was ugly.

Umu. Soon everyone will enjoy living in my new beautiful Rome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
okay so let me ask you, how do anime only viewers view dan with no prior knowledge on how he is supposed to act, how do they view him are they supposed to relate to him, care about him, regret the fact you are forced to kill him, no they just see him as a random psychopath, a random monster of the week villain
I don't see why he is a psychopath. Or any more of a psychopath than the Hakuno or Nero.

Monster of the week? Well sure. Like Shinji and probably the next floor bosses.

I'm not forced to kill him. He's going to be killed by Hakuno and Nero.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 09:37   Link #109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still love the show. This fight with Archer was miles better than the one with Rider. And we still get to see some of the special Skills of both servants.

Too bad Rani won't be joining us in future arcs though.

There's also the revelation that masters who already lost do not receive the right to ascend. That would mean this had also been the case for Shinji.
Old 2018-02-26, 10:39   Link #110
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

For Shinji, it's just that he didn't want to ascend at all because ascending means killing another person again. So he stayed on the 1st floor.
Spoiler:
So he stayed and made the city Cape in the 1st floor as a refuge for Masters who want to quit the HGW.
Source: his profile in the official website.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 11:34   Link #111
shadow1296

it was a good episode, i find it interesting that robin actually made a grave for dan already, as if to say he buried the real dan blackmore a long time ago, and it also looks like the servant he lost to in the original grail war was suzaku gozen, it is sad to see rani go, oh and hey rin where were you all this time
Old 2018-02-26, 12:20   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the real Dan was already dead, this one was just a copy made by the Moon Cell. His change in personality can be explained by what Rani said about the Moon Cell being unable to understand and properly replicate human emotions, since it happened right after he was revived.

We saw Dead Face Hakuno in action this time. Interesting that he could activate this mode to save Rani, going against the wishes of the dead who wanted him to leave her behind and kill Dan.

Shame Rani is gone already, but we got Rin back.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:59   Link #113
Twi

...I wanted Rani to live. I liked her.

But yeah, Archer had basically wanted to pay respects to the man he'd been when they first met. I did love seeing his Noble Phantasm at work in that past footage. It's a nasty, effective one.
Old 2018-02-27, 02:34   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't get the final showdown. What was that cube thing? What role did Rani play?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 06:28   Link #115
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm? "Real Dan"? Nobody ever said he was a copy. Have I been watching the wrong sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
For Shinji, it's just that he didn't want to ascend at all because ascending means killing another person again. So he stayed on the 1st floor.
Spoiler:
So he stayed and made the city Cape in the 1st floor as a refuge for Masters who want to quit the HGW.
Source: his profile in the official website.
I've actually seen the episode. All I'm saying is that even if he wanted to ascend he couldn't because this episode establishes that masters who have already lost can't ascend.

Unless, again, I've been watching the wrong sub.
Old 2018-02-27, 08:27   Link #116
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Uh, he won against that guy with the astronaut Servant. He won so he can ascend but he didn't because he didn't want to kill another person on the 2nd floor.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 09:10   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...He was defeated in the previous war though.... Like Dan...
Old 2018-02-27, 13:16   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Hm? "Real Dan"? Nobody ever said he was a copy. Have I been watching the wrong sub?
It's strongly implied. We saw him die in the flashback the same way Masters die in Extra, his personality made a complete 180 right after his revival (no way he would change this much just because he lost, especially after he made such a heartfelt speech), and more importantly, Archer made a grave for him a very long time ago. And there's what Rani said which I already mentioned. This is the explanation that makes the most sense.
Old 2018-02-27, 13:30   Link #119
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't get the final showdown. What was that cube thing? What role did Rani play?
Remember Rani's clones? She can create them from the cubes, so she sent one that looked like Hakuno up to trigger the bombs and when they went off the cube was left behind. Hakuno then took up the cube and changed it into a gun, which Rani mentioned was possible at the graves last episode, and used it to snipe Dan. She basically carried him to that point and gave him a means of counterattacking once Dan was caught off-guard.
Old 2018-02-27, 13:45   Link #120
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ah, right, thanks. So he was following the clone at a safe distance?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote