AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 09:27   Link #61
itachi-san314

yea, I don't mind the flashback at all. in fact I'm looking forward to how it develops. I think the point that some people are making though is not so much that the flashback is unwelcome, it's that it's too late. we could have seen some of this a long time ago and now would be the perfect time to expound on those original flashbacks to give us a complete picture of kabuto.

it was mentioned that neji had a flashback in the middle of his fight, which was fine as far as I was concerned, but think how long neji has been in the series and how long ago we got his backstory. kabuto entered the series at the same time as neji and kishi is just now getting to it. it's not bad, just late, and possibly too late
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 12:27   Link #62
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You might become angry if in the next chapter it is revealed that this was unnecessary since Izanami is already activated, so whatever happens is now under Itachi's control
well you may be onto something, we all know kish can go left with the story when he wants too. but i stand by what i said about sasuke. kish has too push him at this point beyond the i need to be bailed out in battle plot shield that sasuke has. i think thats the reason we are seeing a calmer sasuke, kish has to at least open a hole in sasuke mind to redeem him. itachi has started the change and naruto will finish it.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:27   Link #63
DJ*

This is not the time or place for flashbacks.
As said earlier in the thread, his history should have been revealed long ago. It could even have been thrown in around the time he joined Tobi.

Obviously Kishi then has to think about a background for his villains before they are too dead for it to matter, but that makes for a better flow and for a better fight when you can think about their motivations/emotions/history in the background at times like this.
Old 2012-04-14, 07:04   Link #64
bonsobon

While I agree with other posters that the flashback was poorly timed, any chapter in which something new is learned about a character is not necessarily a bad thing overall (even if it's something small like where Kabuto's glasses came from and that Kabuto is not his real name).
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 00:03   Link #65
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

kabuto had no backstory because he is a mystery, its whats been compelling his character up until now. if he had flashbacks and more of a detailed character before it wouldnt serve the prupose of tellling the story. keeping him enigmatic for aslong as he has been has kept him relevant to the current story. just look at everyone who has had an expose to their history, orochi, jiraiya, the konoha 11. all irrelevant now.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:36   Link #66
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
if he had flashbacks and more of a detailed character before it wouldnt serve the prupose of tellling the story. keeping him enigmatic for aslong as he has been has kept him relevant to the current story. just look at everyone who has had an expose to their history, orochi, jiraiya, the konoha 11. all irrelevant now.
well you did name the irrelevant ones.. so here are the relevant characters with flashbacks to their personal history: naruto, sasuke, itachi, bee, kurama, gaara, tsunade, oonoki, and so on...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 02:35   Link #67
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
This is not the time or place for flashbacks.
As said earlier in the thread, his history should have been revealed long ago. It could even have been thrown in around the time he joined Tobi.
It is a good part for a final flashback if Kabuto dies, and this particular flashback would be in a bad place if it wasn't done right here, but the problem is that Kabuto's character was not properly built up until now. This is probably the culmination of Kabuto's story, but the story wasn't built up properly for this moment. Kishi should have places some story elements with Kabuto here and there, not necessarily flashbacks. For example at some point we learned that Kabuto was under Sasori's power before Orochimaru liberated him, that would have been a good spot to place some stuff about Kabuto.

Of course if Kabuto doesn't die here then things change. Maybe Kishi has a big surprise for us and Kabuto doesn't die.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:44   Link #68
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
because the author wants to to sympathize with them on some level and because people will whine if someone is evil just for the lolz.
Adachi say hi
Spoiler for Persona:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 10:22   Link #69
Night_Music
The End of Light

And here I thought he (Kabuto) got his name from a pokemon, or a kamen rider series. But it does teach us the villains have teir reason for being evil. I mean, if it weren't for Iruka, Naruto could be the antagonist, and we'll start naming the series like "Rock Lee Shippuden" or something.

setting jokes aside, it was a really interesting chapter, though they could have introduced Kabuto's background story a while before the fight with the Uchiha brothers so we could have more action and fewer flashbacks. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:47   Link #70
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well you did name the irrelevant ones.. so here are the relevant characters with flashbacks to their personal history: naruto, sasuke, itachi, bee, kurama, gaara, tsunade, oonoki, and so on...
Along with Kakashi and Shikamaru. The rest are irrelevant. Including Sakura.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:39   Link #71
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
And here I thought he (Kabuto) got his name from a pokemon, or a kamen rider series. But it does teach us the villains have teir reason for being evil. I mean, if it weren't for Iruka, Naruto could be the antagonist, and we'll start naming the series like "Rock Lee Shippuden" or something.

setting jokes aside, it was a really interesting chapter, though they could have introduced Kabuto's background story a while before the fight with the Uchiha brothers so we could have more action and fewer flashbacks. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Yeah even Kakuzu has a reason why he became a villain being that his village gave him a mission to kill the 1st hokage which he failed and the village treated him badly for this failure so he left and later joined Akatsuki.

Hidan and Deidara are the only important villains in Naruto who don't have a sad reason for why they went and became a villain that's if Tobi gets a sad flashback like Kabuto but hopefully Kishi would make it a interesting flashback.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-15 at 16:46.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:09   Link #72
Casshern

Kabuto's starting to grow on me. Still can't get over his bellysnake though.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:05   Link #73
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
And here I thought he (Kabuto) got his name from a pokemon, or a kamen rider series.
Actually, in Japan, the word “kabuto” is more popular as the name of a bug or samurai’s helmet (just like what this chapter depicted). I really doubt “kabuto” from Pokemon or Kamen Rider Kabuto are as well-known.
Old 2012-04-17, 00:30   Link #74
james0246

The Chapter 583 discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion