Old 2013-05-16, 03:33   Link #6481
Sumeragi
Banned

Your avatar fits the situation.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 06:41   Link #6482
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Anyone be on playing in the next hour or so, I'll be around failing it up if you want a human shield.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:08   Link #6483
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Platooned with both Sahin the Falcon again and Achiuakuna this afternoon, as I replaced Pen3 when he logged off. Had a nice set of games when I used my E-75, though I never did win on my T-54 during the platoon. Achi had terrible luck with his E-50 for example.

Then after that, had another hilarious stream of tier 5 games with Kimi and Macrossfighter. Made me feel a whole lot better after the high-tiers.

One of the after-action screens of that session:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Didn't carry, but we did most of the stuff right, especially when a KV-5, Lowe, and IS-6 somehow punched through the side beach with only the SP defending that side. I helped pin down the KV-5, then track the IS-6, before Achi joined me in finishing off the Lowe.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:23   Link #6484
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Had a couple amusing matches, got picked on cause I don't have 1000+ matches in my M6A2E1 though.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:37   Link #6485
Gravitas Free Zone

8.6 supertest arty numbers... for now.

Spoiler for A couple of paragraphs of quoted commentary.:
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 09:15   Link #6486
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Had a couple amusing matches, got picked on cause I don't have 1000+ matches in my M6A2E1 though.
Given how one can't even get it anymore, people expect a good win percentage or more games on it, and not essentially treating it as a trophy tank.

Bah, kind of wish they put back the German Hotchkiss too...
Old 2013-05-16, 09:32   Link #6487
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah you only do that at that tier. Heh if the rumor is true and they do make tier 1 thru 10 arty and scouts..... Then u might see tier 1 arty in tier 1 games. Then see tier 10 scouts and arties in tier 10 matches.

Mow Mow, lol, so his big excuse for not studying and doing school work was I need more WoT. It's like saying to ur professor's lecture saying cool story bro but it needs more tanks. LOL.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-16 at 09:51.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 11:17   Link #6488
Gravitas Free Zone

Viewing mechanics in this game are a hilarious thing.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:26   Link #6489
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Platooned with both Sahin the Falcon again and Achiuakuna this afternoon, as I replaced Pen3 when he logged off. Had a nice set of games when I used my E-75, though I never did win on my T-54 during the platoon. Achi had terrible luck with his E-50 for example.

Then after that, had another hilarious stream of tier 5 games with Kimi and Macrossfighter. Made me feel a whole lot better after the high-tiers.

One of the after-action screens of that session:

Didn't carry, but we did most of the stuff right, especially when a KV-5, Lowe, and IS-6 somehow punched through the side beach with only the SP defending that side. I helped pin down the KV-5, then track the IS-6, before Achi joined me in finishing off the Lowe.
I can use some E-50 lessons. It's the most unforgiving tank I have ever played Everything about it is just.... awkward.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 11:29   Link #6490
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

oh hi achi

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 11:32   Link #6491
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
oh hi achi
Hi~

Guess I'll be using here more often ^^
Old 2013-05-16, 11:54   Link #6492
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I can use some E-50 lessons. It's the most unforgiving tank I have ever played Everything about it is just.... awkward.
Everything about that tank is wrong. For a tier 10 medium amongst other Cold War tanks, the E-50 stands out as one of the worst oddities. Its neither a medium nor a heavy, just.plain.weird.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 11:57   Link #6493
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Everything about that tank is wrong. For a tier 10 medium amongst other Cold War tanks, the E-50 stands out as one of the worst oddities. Its neither a medium nor a heavy, just.plain.weird.

- Tak
The gun depression does not feel like -6 at all. I think the gun is capable of depression -6 degrees, it's just that the tank hull puts a stop to it because the surface is too close to the gun. I have to expose myself completely to shoot at anything
Old 2013-05-16, 13:09   Link #6494
Gravitas Free Zone

Rapid Fire Weekend

Too bad I already repurchased the 1602 Leopard... but I might finally get the AMX 12t so I can start masochising myself all over again.
Old 2013-05-16, 13:18   Link #6495
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

This is a weekend I can afford to miss. I don't have any light tanks and I'll be on an airplane.
Old 2013-05-16, 13:29   Link #6496
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Me, Daigensui/Sumeragi, and UTE/Endless Knackwurst have E50Ms and can probably platoon with you if you want to see how the tank ought to be played. The E50 is pretty much the E50M with a worse gun.

The E50M... doesn't know if it wants to be a heavy or a medium. Its speed and lack of good armor would indicate that it's a medium, but its size and handling makes it seem like a heavy. It's best used as a support tank for real heavies. IMO it is good for flanking while the heavies take on the enemy from the front. Against other mediums the E50 is not so great, but it isn't terrible either.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 13:34   Link #6497
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm a maverick in that I regularly brawl other tier 10 mediums and usually come on top.

My suggestion: Sit back at first, and see how the team is being divided. Your armor is enough that you'll be virtually immune to any non-artillery enemy fire from around 300 meters with decent angling. Keep your distance and snipe away at the enemy. Once the endgame is close, go in for the kill, using your speed and weight to bully all tanks except the American and German heavies.
Old 2013-05-16, 13:38   Link #6498
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm a maverick in that I regularly brawl other tier 10 mediums and usually come on top.

My suggestion: Sit back at first, and see how the team is being divided. Your armor is enough that you'll be virtually immune to any non-artillery enemy fire from around 300 meters with decent angling. Keep your distance and snipe away at the enemy. Once the endgame is close, go in for the kill, using your speed and weight to bully all tanks except the American and German heavies.
I see. So the timing is quite different from Panther II huh. For Panther II I was able to participate early on. This one doesn't seem to work the same way.

Either the tanks are different or the tier 9/10 gameplay is different from 8 by itself.
Old 2013-05-16, 13:39   Link #6499
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
8.6 supertest arty numbers... for now.

Spoiler for A couple of paragraphs of quoted commentary.:
As I said to the other players in the AnimeSuki guild, the developers are going the wrong way about the nerf.

What they should have done is halved the damage of the arties, upped the penetration by about 20%, and left everything else the same. What people are annoyed by is getting instantly 1-shot from across the map. This is especially the case with the T8 American Arty because it does a whopping 2.2k damage on average per hit, assuming the number gods are in your favor.

Arties would then still be able to deal damage, they just wouldn't have the derpy derp 1HKO ability at higher tiers. (Because no matter how you slice it, a full-health IS-6 or Tiger II, etc. instantly dying in one hit is ridiculous.) Also, setting a hard limit to 2 arties max per team would also be a good way to reduce the rage. Any more than 3 arties (I see SO MANY games where there are 4 arties on each side) is neither fun for the SPGs nor for anyone else.

But no. The way they're going to nerf it won't actually resolve what people are actually complaining about... dying in one hit from something they can't see. People will still die in one hit, because people are too stupid to realize you need to take LOS cover and NOT SIT STILL IN THE OPEN.

Unless of course, they're simply deliberately trying to strongarm the WOT population by making people ragequit arty. Considering how underpowered the German tanks are and how overpowered the Russian tanks are, I wouldn't put much past the developers.
Old 2013-05-16, 13:43   Link #6500
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Either the tanks are different or the tier 9/10 gameplay is different from 8 by itself.
The tanks are the same, but the enemies change drastically, since you're more likely to face tier 9/10 which can be brutal against medium tanks.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks