AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 14:16   Link #901
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Btw. is there actually any proof that Beato and Battler might fight side-by-side in Ep5?
The main piece of evidence is the pic in new new EP5 OP where they are standing next to each other in the golden land with Virgilia watching. But there is no proof.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:18   Link #902
ghost_zero5

Well: I won't say that it is impossible or unlikely. Actually, it seems likely that they might team up at some point but even if so I am pretty sure it won't be at the beginning of Ep5, after all Beato has more or less lost Battler's trust completely.

Really: Talking about Ep5 would be so much easier with the VN and the translation for it being it out already
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:21   Link #903
luckyssol

Quote:
Well: I won't say that it is impossible or unlikely. Actually, it seems likely that they might team up at some point but even if so I am pretty sure it won't be at the beginning of Ep5, after all Beato has more or less lost Battler's trust completely.

Really: Talking about Ep5 would be so much easier with the VN and the translation for it being it out already
Only something like Battler learning that Beato is being forced to do what she has been doing by Bern/Lamdba would change his perspective rapidly. But there's no proof of that either.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:25   Link #904
ghost_zero5

However, Bern and Lambda teaming up together sounds a bit unlikely too
After all doesn't Lambda really hate bern though it also seems that she really loves her (at the beginning I thought it was sarcasm but after a while I came to the conclusion that it seems to be at least partly true that she maybe also loves her) that is what I call a strange relationship.
In any case: The main point for them is to find out who of them wins and not to win against Beato.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:33   Link #905
luckyssol

Quote:
After all doesn't Lambda really hate bern though it also seems that she really loves her (at the beginning I thought it was sarcasm but after a while I came to the conclusion that it seems to be at least partly true that she maybe also loves her) that is what I call a strange relationship.
In any case: The main point for them is to find out who of them wins and not to win against Beato.
Bern might find it more interesting with the teams since it seems she only cares about curing her boredom. Where was it said that she is on Battler's side? The end of episodes 1 and 2 show her talking to someone that people have only assumed is Battler.

Lambda might not like Bern but she might hate Beato even more than that if Beato betrays her and refuses to continue the game against Battler.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:34   Link #906
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Exactly: Bern and Lambda looks "friendly" because they enjoy torturing Beato etc.
However, they are definitely enemies and rivals.
Furthermore, regardless how Bern looks cold and composed, she perhaps doesn't like to lose as much as Lambda, if not more.
Bern might not like boredom, but it is pretty certain she wants to be the victor, plain and simple.

The teaming up probably regard only about the "endless" game, or being a toy, but both are certainly not teaming up in their game.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:36   Link #907
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Bern might find it more interesting with the teams since it seems she only cares about curing her boredom. Where was it said that she is on Battler's side? The end of episodes 1 and 2 show her talking to someone that people have only assumed is Battler.

Lambda might not like Bern but she might hate Beato even more than that if Beato betrays her and refuses to continue the game against Battler.
I never said that she is on Battler's side. Even if she talked to Battler that probably was mostly a lie. She just wanted to get his spirit up again.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:37   Link #908
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Exactly: Bern and Lambda looks "friendly" because they enjoy torturing Beato etc.
However, they are definitely enemies and rivals.
Furthermore, regardless how Bern looks cold and composed, she perhaps doesn't like to lose as much as Lambda, if not more.
Bern might not like boredom, but it is pretty certain she wants to be the victor, plain and simple.

The teaming up probably regard only about the "endless" game, or being a toy, but both are certainly not teaming up in their game.
Lambda and Bern are definitely not friends, but is the possibility that they would team up in this game zero?
Old 2009-07-28, 14:59   Link #909
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

they kind of teamed up on Ep4 to take Battler and Beatrice back on the board. However it is not really Bern who teamed up with Lambda, but Lambda who temporarily teamed up with Bern.

Anyway I don't think anything will change on the current situation involving Bern and Lambda. Bern wants Battler to win, Lambda wants the game to continue endlessly. It is only natural that Lambda will team up with Bern whenever Beatrice is close to a win, but she will never go beyond that point. And Bern will never make a move that will make Battler lose. She might do things that are against Battler's will (like sacrificing Ange), but ultimately she wants Battler to win.

Battler doesn't like Bern already, he already understood what kind of "person" she is, so he will hardly see her as an ally, but that doesn't really matter, because Bern will still "help" him anyway, and as things are now, Battler is pretty much determined to win as well.

I'm not so sure about Beatrice though, because it looks like she wants to lose (be killed), but not so easily. Battler needs to find the truth and Beatrice will never yield until everything is explained.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 03:56   Link #910
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Lambda and Bern are definitely not friends, but is the possibility that they would team up in this game zero?
If Battler for whatever reason decides to let up on Beato and/or cooperate with her you'd think they'd be forced to act on some level. Although I guess it depends on the rose-loli's role in everything. Bern and Lambda have been such minor characters until now... it'd be weird to have them jump to the forefront, but you never know.

Quote:
Only something like Battler learning that Beato is being forced to do what she has been doing by Bern/Lamdba would change his perspective rapidly. But there's no proof of that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm not so sure about Beatrice though, because it looks like she wants to lose (be killed), but not so easily. Battler needs to find the truth and Beatrice will never yield until everything is explained.
From that one preview screen, it kind of looks like Battler is giving Beato a chance... whether that leads to frolicking with hair down in the flowers or BBQ witch we shall see. I brought up a "prisoner's dilemma" game a few pages back, although there might be a better way to put it; I really get the vibe the current game is essentially un-winnable, though. By that I mean Beato, if she wins and fulfills the epitaph gets to be Kinzo's toy some more, and go to sleep; and Battler... well from what Bern told Ange she might not be able to do any better than getting one person back.

I think the only outright prediction I'll make for episode 5, though, is that the rose-loli will be more annoying than Maria. It just seems inevitable.
Old 2009-07-29, 04:00   Link #911
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The main piece of evidence is the pic in new new EP5 OP where they are standing next to each other in the golden land with Virgilia watching. But there is no proof.
Not to mention the scene where Beato and Battler's hands were reaching out for each other, and causes the gameboard, which Lambda and Bern's silhouettes were hovering on, to shatter. There's very little to prove the alliance will take place for now, but the possibility isn't too far-fetched.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 04:20   Link #912
ghost_zero5

Also I have rewatched the opening now and at 1:28 the person that stands beside Battler:
Actually, I think though that person is dressed up like Beato and has the same hair colour, that person's face and hair style looks kinda different.
Also there is another person in that picture a bit off those two which also seem to have an similiar looking dress. (Reminds me on those two different Beatos we saw in Ep4).
Also if the breaking of the game board and that shield (probably the one that keeps Rokkenjima trapped in this endless game board) that is breaking at the end, wouldn't that indicate that the game Beato started will be over with Ep5?
Old 2009-07-29, 07:42   Link #913
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

It's okay if I jump in the conversation ?
Based on the jacket cover I do believe it's Beato though. If you watch the OP in HD you'll see the other one in that scene is Virgilia and the one stands beside Battler is Beato with her hair down
Looks like the hair-down Beato always has the gloomy expression on her face, while most of the pic of normal Beato is either laughing or smiling so they may seem different.
chibi_nekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:05   Link #914
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

However she does give the impression of being younger than her usual self

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:34   Link #915
patnam

I would like to know which side the new witch is on for this EP5?
Battler's side or Beato's side?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:39   Link #916
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

It's not confirmed yet. The OP give off the feeling of her being the villain while the jacket cover makes her seem like Battler's ally
I don't even have a clue which side is Beato on either
chibi_nekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:42   Link #917
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However she does give the impression of being younger than her usual self
I agree. She seems to be younger. However, that could be the "new" hair style. Actually, I wonder why she would change her hair so drastically?

@patnam: That is currently unclear. Actually, from what was discussed just a few moments ago in this thread, there is even the possibility that Beato and Battler teaming up together - at least from the cover and the new opening there is a - not so low - possibility regarding this. If that is the case, it is a bit strange to ask if the new witch is on Battler's or Beato's side as that would be the same side

EDIT:
Btw. I have now watched the new opening a few times and I really start to look the new opening theme song - actually I write this because I previously mentioned that though I like it, I said I didn't like it as good as the previous one but now I think those two are equally good.

Last edited by ghost_zero5; 2009-07-29 at 14:26.
Old 2009-07-29, 10:29   Link #918
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Is anyone doing the translation for Gohda's booklet?

If not, I'll give it a try
Old 2009-07-29, 10:40   Link #919
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post

Can you translate Beato's White Day while you're at it XDD?
TsundereCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 11:40   Link #920
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post

Please and thank you! I've wanted to read it since I found out about it, seeing as I know almost nothing about Gohda...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote