AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 15:23   Link #261
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
And even if you think the story is spoiled, playing the game is still well worth it, IMO. It's just that good.
Not to mention the story in the game takes a drastically different direction. It is very worth it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-19, 15:24   Link #262
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Sigh, feels like I don't even need to play VC anymore since I'm spoiled to death. I'm going to play Tales of Vesperia instead when I decide to get a PS3 slim. Hopefully I'll get it before fans have a chance to spoil me on that too -_-.
don't tempt me!
the final boss in vesperia was a joke... a shame as the whole game besides the final boss was enjoyable ....
Old 2009-08-19, 15:47   Link #263
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Uh, if you watch the opening that was already spoiled. There've been discussions about this for quite some time.

And even if you think the story is spoiled, playing the game is still well worth it, IMO. It's just that good.
Yeah I'll be spoiled to a certain degree from watching the anime but there seems to a be a ton of differences between anime and game. Plus the guy leaked out part of the ending and it might of spoiled the anime!

I lost all interest in playing Metal Gear Solid 4 after watching all the C.S on youtube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
don't tempt me!
the final boss in vesperia was a joke... a shame as the whole game besides the final boss was enjoyable ....
You can spoil me on Tales of Rebirth. I got tired of playing all of it since it was in JP.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:08   Link #264
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Plus the guy leaked out part of the ending and it might of spoiled the anime!
I'm sure most of us have played the game before watching the series so this shouldn't even be a surprise. Don't make a big deal about it.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:11   Link #265
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I'm sure most of us have played the game before watching the series so this shouldn't even be a surprise. Don't make a big deal about it.
Putting ending spoilers in an anime thread is a BIG DEAL. If you don't like that rule go tell a mod. I could care less if everyone and their moms played it, I haven't and this is about M.E. My Enjoyment.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:13   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
We will make a big deal out of it, because spoilers are against the forum rules, especially ones that talk about the end of the damn game.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:14   Link #267
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
And some others have not. Putting a spoiler without proper tags is rude.

Its not difficult to articulate such simple mannerism.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:25   Link #268
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Not based on the second game then, since it won't be out any time soon.

Actually if there is a second anime series (which I doubt) I do hope the scenario would be completely original and they don't butcher a perfectly fine plot like they did with the first game and current serie.
I want an OVA based on the DLCs.

Also, I think the script is terribly flawed when it comes to this matter concerning Faldio. The fact that apologists and critics alike have to refer back and forth between the anime and the game is a sign that the flow of events isn't smooth. Heck, it's flawed that it's hilarious. At this point, the only thing we can say for sure is that he loses it.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:31   Link #269
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Also, I think the script is terribly flawed when it comes to this matter concerning Faldio. The fact that apologists and critics alike have to refer back and forth between the anime and the game is a sign that the flow of events isn't smooth. Heck, it's flawed that it's hilarious. The objective correlative for Faldio's turning point (hopefully, a point of no return) isn't displayed well.
Well, this series is a game adaptation so the directors thought that the anime should follow closely to the game itself. Personally, I thought that even though the script could have been better, I think it's good enough for my tastes imo.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-08-20 at 13:02. Reason: dont post about rep...
Old 2009-08-19, 16:36   Link #270
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

....you people....

game ending spoiler.... >_>.......<_<.......
Spoiler:

l dare you to say something!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I want an OVA based on the DLCs.
speaking of ova's, any chance the beach episode get's animated as an ova or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
You can spoil me on Tales of Rebirth. I got tired of playing all of it since it was in JP.
Never played it, my offer still stands for TOV though.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:43   Link #271
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Well, this series is a game adaptation so the directors thought that the anime should follow closely to the game itself. Personally, I thought that even though the script could have been better, I think it's good enough for my tastes imo.
No, that's not the point.

I have said many times before, that an adaptation should strive to be as faithful as possible to the original work, but that shouldn't be a reason to strip it of its own integrity as a separate work. In fact, this is the exact reason why some don't mind about such differences between adaptations and original works, because adaptations can be different (though like I said before, it better has a damn good reason for doing so before butchering everything). Way past the ideas within this so-called "adaptation vs. original" debate, is the idea that each work is complete in itself.

Even as an adaptation, it should be enough to stand on its own. Not everybody has played the game, nor will everyone who watched the show would decide to play it later on. When you have to rationalize things instead of being rational, then there's something wrong with the flow of events somewhere.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-08-19 at 23:37.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:47   Link #272
Joe_fh

Never read end spoilers XD

Ok am I the only one who thought the end of this episode was funny?
I mean come on we can see what will happen in the OP.If they didn't show it there this scene might have been really dramatic. They could have made it look like he shot her because she somewhat reminded him of Selvaria or something. And since he was in shock at that time and all his squad members died he couldn't bare to watch her or something like that.

And seriously I'm really sure there was a better way for that scene to be done + for Faldio to check if she really is a Valkyria....but oh well...

And don't tell me he was the only one that was in a trench when in the first couple of scenes it seemed there were trenches all over the place.....and no one was using them? Why stend out in the open when you can take really good cover somewhere.....but oh well it's an anime and it sort of looked more dramatic this way...not really but they tried right ?

About the adaptation thing. I'm with kujoe on this one. Even if it's an adaptation it should be able to stand on it's own and still be good. I can't just go buy a PS3 and the game so I could understand the story better now can I? The should have made it in way thet would let people understand what is going on clearly. There are many holes in the plot or at least is seems so. (I haven't played the game) . When you make and adaptation of something (book,game,VN,etc.) it shouldn't just cover parts of the story so people who are familiar with it would understand it. It should strive to deliver the story as well as possible while not relaying on the fact the the poeple watching/reading it have seen the original
Old 2009-08-19, 16:50   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
speaking of ova's, any chance the beach episode get's animated as an ova or something?
It already has done. The special episode on the first DVD.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:05   Link #274
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And don't tell me he was the only one that was in a trench when in the first couple of scenes it seemed there were trenches all over the place.....and no one was using them? Why stend out in the open when you can take really good cover somewhere.....but oh well it's an anime and it sort of looked more dramatic this way...not really but they tried right ?
I guess most of the trenches that were around the battlefield were wiped out while Faldio's managed to stay in-tact. I think Faldio just got lucky this time around since he was the only one that survived the whole ordeal.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:08   Link #275
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
And it's short and sweet. Wish we could get more of those.

Old 2009-08-19, 17:09   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And it's short and sweet. Wish we could get more of those.
It's better then this anime adaptation, so yes i 100% agree with you.

Edit: Must admit, the negative rep i just got has the best negative rep message ever. I'd post it, though the bad language is pretty bad.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-08-19 at 17:30.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:42   Link #277
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
O___O;
wonder lf l can find it online......
Old 2009-08-19, 17:43   Link #278
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
O.O;
wonder lf l can find it online......
There should be some if you search carefully. I'm not allowed to post the specific place for the special, so yea..
Old 2009-08-19, 17:50   Link #279
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
There should be some if you search carefully. I'm not allowed to post the specific place for the special, so yea..
^_^
found it.

l'm a sad panda now, that was real short.....

and mmm Selvaria was carrying a delicious watermelon there in the end >.>
Old 2009-08-19, 17:52   Link #280
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

I believe it goes by, "Theatre 1: A Day at the Beach" or something

Edit: -Heh, guess I'm slow
Closed Thread