AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-20, 18:41   Link #41
marvelB

I think Vista should be at least a somewhat decent challenge for Mihawk. He's Whitebeard's fifth commander and Mihawk's aware of his reputation, so that right there should imply that he's no pushover. I mean, if Marco and Jozu (the first and third commanders respectively) are strong enough to take on powerful Logias on their own, who's to say that Vista couldn't take on a Shichibukai....?

...I'm still crossing my fingers for the chance that he's that dude with the top hat, by the way. Also, I think the pacifista army would be a good excuse to show off the powers of the NW captains (maybe we'll FINALLY see Doma and Makugai in action this time around.....).
Old 2009-10-20, 19:30   Link #42
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

There is another matter, whether Whitebeard was aware of Pacifistas' existence or not. If there is one guy in their crew capable of modifying the materials used within the Pacifistas or corrupting the signals using soundwaves or other means, I think that would be a very big blow for the WG.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:01   Link #43
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
There is another matter, whether Whitebeard was aware of Pacifistas' existence or not. If there is one guy in their crew capable of modifying the materials used within the Pacifistas or corrupting the signals using soundwaves or other means, I think that would be a very big blow for the WG.
C'mon, when you think about it, does it really matter if they pop out the Pacifistas. I'm not trying to underestimate or overestimate but they're not even an obstacle for Whitebeard considering his strength.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:06   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
C'mon, when you think about it, does it really matter if they pop out the Pacifistas. I'm not trying to underestimate or overestimate but they're not even an obstacle for Whitebeard considering his strength.
The pacifistas are more than adequate for eliminating the fodder pirates, but you are right that they're not in the least bit comparable to any of the elites.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:40   Link #45
marvelB

Yeah, the pacifistas can be troublesome for Supernova-level pirates like Luffy, but I'm also sure that they wouldn't pose a significant threat for Whitebeard (or any high-level fighters like Marco for that matter). That's why I also share the sentiment that the PX army is only the "first step" of the marines' grand plans.... The fact that Sengoku stopped the TV broadcast because he was afraid of the public's opinion is already kind of a giveaway that the marines have a much nastier surprise in store for those pirates.....
Old 2009-10-20, 23:35   Link #46
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
We don't know if these are equipped with something else. From the WG's point of view, Pacifistas would be troublesome for the other side, if you can prevent the top tier take an action. And as long as you can get rid of the rest, it would become a winnable scenario for the WG.
Old 2009-10-20, 23:53   Link #47
james0246

Quote:
Additional bits by Nja
Oh, and Mihawk was shaking in joy from Luffy's power.
He was thinking to himself Luffy may be the most powerful man on the sea, because he gains alliance and friends everywhere he goes, even his former enemies.
Where's Phenomenal when you need him... . If this actually happens, then we will have unneeded fan service for Luffy, especially since Luffy hasn't really done anything to warrant such praise.
Old 2009-10-21, 00:29   Link #48
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Where's Phenomenal when you need him... . If this actually happens, then we will have unneeded fan service for Luffy, especially since Luffy hasn't really done anything to warrant such praise.
Huh well looking at what luffy has done it makes perfect sense .
This is same kid before he even set out yet on the sea ,shanks gave his arm for him.
People who trying to kill luffy one min are part of his forces the next .
As soon as he meets people they want to help him out
He has done it all threw the manga.

That's not even talking about what luffy has done to the WG or fact he the only rookie on the battle field in a war that can change the world era .

What mihawk saying is fact so i don't see the big deal. Plus mihawk is one of the first people who want to see how luffy would grow . Not only in fighting power but everything else.
Old 2009-10-21, 00:48   Link #49
james0246

^Mihawk has no reason to say anything like this...if the spoiler is legit (nja can be a little hyperbolic in his spoilers). In other words, the spoilers show Luffy doing very little to actually combat Mihawk, but Mihawk still seems to have a nice little thought bubble in which he labels Luffy as one of the strongest people in the world, and for all things being friendly . I'm sorry, but that is unnecessary fan service for Luffy.

Luffy blocking a blow that Mihawk thought would kill him...not that would deserve some lip service, but Luffy simply making friends with stronger characters? No, that is a BS reason to give praise to someone, especially amidst battle.

Luffy has done some amazing things in his brief time as a pirate, and he will undoubtedly be one of the strongest people in the world (eventually), but right now he cannot match the big names, so there is no reason to have any of actual top dogs give lip service to Luffy, especially not for something like making friends...
Old 2009-10-21, 01:06   Link #50
marvelB

I think C.A. will agree with me when I say that the influence Luffy has on most people he meets would be a result of his Haki.

Anyway, since the spoilers sometimes tend to mess up details I'm pretty certain that Mihawk is thinking that Luffy has the potential to be the most powerful person in the sea. We already know that Luffy hasn't reached the summit yet, but the power and influence he's gained in such a short time is what caused Mihawk to recognize him as a shining star of the new age. It's similar to what he saw in Zoro when he fought him in East Blue. Luffy's willpower (or Haki) will enable him to reach the top of the world, and it's already showing with all the infamy he's gained, as well as all of the powerful friends/allies he's made. I suppose you could say that it's a fringe benefit for having inherited the "Will of D".......
Old 2009-10-21, 01:10   Link #51
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Mihawk has no reason to say anything like this...if the spoiler is legit (nja can be a little hyperbolic in his spoilers). In other words, the spoilers show Luffy doing very little to actually combat Mihawk, but Mihawk still seems to have a nice little thought bubble in which he labels Luffy as one of the strongest people in the world, and for all things being friendly . I'm sorry, but that is unnecessary fan service for Luffy.

Luffy blocking a blow that Mihawk thought would kill him...not that would deserve some lip service, but Luffy simply making friends with stronger characters? No, that is a BS reason to give praise to someone, especially amidst battle.

Luffy has done some amazing things in his brief time as a pirate, and he will undoubtedly be one of the strongest people in the world (eventually), but right now he cannot match the big names, so there is no reason to have any of actual top dogs give lip service to Luffy, especially not for something as silly as making friends.
The spoilers say mihawk notice luffy has gain experience, plus mihawk could have said that after one of WB crew came and help him . You don't think mihawk has the right to be impress that a rookie has the world strongest man in world crew backing him up after telling WB to his face he going to be PK.

Or the fact that luffy is even there in first place and is the closing person saving ace. It because of luffy making friends and people willing to help him that his ass has been save 3 times in war so far and still more people willing to help.

Plus when mihawk said one strongest people in the world i am sure he was not talking only about fighting power but also in terms of allies , friends and his over all char. Luffy is no where near the top of the strongest people in OP in terms of fighting power.

But boy does he have some power full friends, allies , and connection to certain people.

No mihawk is not talking about fighting power but influence. That how it seem to me that to thanks spoiler but hey it could just be nja wrong again or making up stuff.

I mean just look at what mihawk has notice since luffy has been there.
Old 2009-10-21, 02:59   Link #52
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
What mihawk saying is fact so i don't see the big deal. Plus mihawk is one of the first people who want to see how luffy would grow . Not only in fighting power but everything else.
The actual content of the words has yet to be clarified (the context is also not very clear). Considering he has been a long time friend of Shanks, considering that he might have seen a lot of pirates growing strong over the years, knowing how they begun, it is perfectly normal for him to praise Luffy's potential.

But unless Luffy does some extraordinary thing there, I don't see a reason to give a lot of weight to those words. Cause we all know Luffy is still not strong enough. And there is quite a big gap between him and the peak he is aiming for.

For the ending, we already know what that will be, and that may carry even a stronger meaning compared to what Mihawk might be referring to.
Old 2009-10-21, 03:37   Link #53
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
The actual content of the words has yet to be clarified (the context is also not very clear). Considering he has been a long time friend of Shanks, considering that he might have seen a lot of pirates growing strong over the years, knowing how they begun, it is perfectly normal for him to praise Luffy's potential.

But unless Luffy does some extraordinary thing there, I don't see a reason to give a lot of weight to those words. Cause we all know Luffy is still not strong enough. And there is quite a big gap between him and the peak he is aiming for.

For the ending, we already know what that will be, and that may carry even a stronger meaning compared to what Mihawk might be referring to.
Well the spoiler line was

(He was thinking to himself Luffy may be the most powerful man on the sea, because he gains alliance and friends everywhere he goes, even his former enemies)

So i see mihawk talking about luffy influence not his fighting power.

Allot of great powers in the OP world have help him or he has some sort connection to.

Of course this could nja being wrong again or making things up .

Quick edit saw some pics man WTF how many PX are there . Luffy vs mihawk takes allot of the chapter from the pics i see.

Last edited by andy; 2009-10-21 at 04:05.
Old 2009-10-21, 04:56   Link #54
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So Buggy is blown away by his own bomb (lol) Is he out of combat now or crashes into the ground but still close to the battle?
Old 2009-10-21, 06:48   Link #55
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Luffy vs Mihawk
Mihawk's fierce attacks forces Luffy to back away further and further from Ace.
Luffy can't attack, only thing he can imagine by doing so is to be sliced up.
Mihawk smiles, noticing Luffy's gaining experience.

Scene changes to Croc
Croc says something to the likes of "teaming up with you? don't make me laugh. Don't you mean, "please Mr Croc can I work under you?" Get lost Doflamingo!
Croc creates a massive sandstorm, blowing away both Jozu and DoFlamingo.
Buggy is caught in the sandstorm also and is blown away

Scene back to Luffy
Two prisoners attack Mihawk, and says their names but I forgot them. (<- Nja's comment)
Mihwak says the likes of "I don't remember names of fodders" and continues attacking Luffy
Luffy finds Buggy up in the sky. "Gomu Gomu no JET scapegoat!"
Switch places with Buggy, and now it's Buggy vs Mihawk

Buggy doesn't die even from getting sliced into bits, and he gets cocky and shoots a bomb at Mihawk.
Mihawk hits the bomb back at Buggy, blowing him up.
Luffy: BUGGGGYYYYYY!!! I will never forget you!!

Luffy gets back to heading to his brother, and Marco is watching him.
Marco: Hey, back him up!
Marco calls up the fifth division captain, Vista "The Sword Flower".

Mihwak vs Vista
Vista: First time to meet you, good sir Hawkeye.
Mihawk: You are the Whitebeard Pirates Fifth DIvision Captain Vista "The Sword Flower" are you not!?
Vista: Oh, you know me?
Mihawk: Of course I would....

Sengoku stops the broadcast
Sengoku (If we broadcast this, the whole world might be against us... the only thing that needs to be broadcasted after is our victory)
After that, huge army of PX shows up

End
Old 2009-10-21, 06:50   Link #56
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^ I bet he is still in charge...
to bad he is swallowed by croc's sands... ODA really did a fanservice here making buggy facing mihawk...
now let see if he is ended blown up by his own bomb and crashing into doflamingo... and ended fighting him
still waiting for that scene
Old 2009-10-21, 09:15   Link #57
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I think Vista should be at least a somewhat decent challenge for Mihawk. He's Whitebeard's fifth commander and Mihawk's aware of his reputation, so that right there should imply that he's no pushover. I mean, if Marco and Jozu (the first and third commanders respectively) are strong enough to take on powerful Logias on their own, who's to say that Vista couldn't take on a Shichibukai....?

...I'm still crossing my fingers for the chance that he's that dude with the top hat, by the way. Also, I think the pacifista army would be a good excuse to show off the powers of the NW captains (maybe we'll FINALLY see Doma and Makugai in action this time around.....).
Yeah. The pictures have confirmed that Vista is indeed the mustache-top hat guy. Although I probably don't expect that this fight will last that long...Most the fights keep getting interupted, oppenents keep changing.

I do hope aat the very least that Vista doesn't die...because i quite like his character design...the Top hat & Mustache give him that gentlemanly apperance.

Also, from what we can see at the moment, there are at the very least 9 Pacifista's there. There are probably a few more than that. This has certainly made things alot more exciting. Time for the NW Captains to show of their power.

Last edited by MihawkXGP; 2009-10-21 at 09:42.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:32   Link #58
marvelB

Glad to see my prediction about Vista came true after all.

By the way, I like that one page where Luffy's ready to attack Mihawk with Jet Bazooka, but holds back because he realizes that he'd only get his arms sliced off. It's nice to see that his experience is showing, as minor as it may be.

Also, after witnessing it with my own eyes, I can definitely say that Buggy vs. Mihawk is easily the most badass fight in the series by far. Now we just need to see him take on guys like Doflamingo and Trafalgar Law. By the way, I think Mr. 3 should totally team up with Jozu so they can beat the crap out of Crocodile. Galdino owes Crocoboy for drying him up and feeding him to those banana crocs at Alabasta, anyhow.....
Old 2009-10-21, 11:46   Link #59
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Glad to see my prediction about Vista came true after all.

By the way, I like that one page where Luffy's ready to attack Mihawk with Jet Bazooka, but holds back because he realizes that he'd only get his arms sliced off. It's nice to see that his experience is showing, as minor as it may be.

Also, after witnessing it with my own eyes, I can definitely say that Buggy vs. Mihawk is easily the most badass fight in the series by far. Now we just need to see him take on guys like Doflamingo and Trafalgar Law. By the way, I think Mr. 3 should totally team up with Jozu so they can beat the crap out of Crocodile. Galdino owes Crocoboy for drying him up and feeding him to those banana crocs at Alabasta, anyhow.....
I think you see mr 3 was part of buggy group lol
Old 2009-10-21, 11:59   Link #60
Casshern

Omg Croc doesn't give a shiiiiieeeet! Never thought I'd come to like him after the Alabasta arc...
Closed Thread