AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-21, 00:33   Link #721
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
They didn't take over Duff though. They jsut went straight through him. Same with Riful. I wonder if that is significant...
To be honest, I think it's just favoritism on Yagi's part

Honestly, those two have been beyond lucky these past couple of chapters. Now it looks pretty clear those two are gonna survive all this afterwards. Why? what more can they do? I don't know, but I'm chalking there survival up to Yagi simply liking them rather then luck.
Old 2009-12-21, 01:02   Link #722
Vinak
Procrastinator

haha, i kinda want to see Riful hiding behind Duaf as she forces out a thank you to Clare for saving her life.
Old 2009-12-21, 10:14   Link #723
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm picturing this and my mind is blown.
Blew my mind the first time is partially awakened, just imaging what would happen if she were to fully awaken.
Old 2009-12-21, 13:20   Link #724
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Hmm well, i'm of the opinion that Clare does have a set form, it's just we don't know what it is yet, and since Riful was talking about carrying on growing before awakening, it's gonna be pretty awesome, but not quite what we saw before.

I've always speculated on random stuff, but as to where Miata comes from and who her mother is, i can only come up with extreme stuff.

It did cross my mind that maybe beyond the Clare/Clarice relation that Miata might be a part of it...

(Ok this gets a bit weird so hold on...)

Not every person can become a claymore/hybrid their are 'failures' and i think also the org likes to control aspects alot deeper than we think, something that is only hinted at in the backstory of Alicia and Beth. So what if, and it's only a what if... What if the family Clare saw die wasn't her family at all?

I mean for example that the org buy and sell children, and pay random families a tithe to raise the potential claymores for them, little knowing that this is likely to end in them getting eaten for trauma purposes... Teresa said she was sold by those she trusted or something like that, so what if she 'knew' that wasn't her family and was instead merely handed straight over to the org at an alotted time. (already owned that is)

Teresa also said that their names meant their parents truly loved them or something similar, and yet this seems quite different from how Teresa says she was 'sold'...

So the org probably farms certain families for prospective claymores, to ensure a constant supply whilst also accepting random orphans of dubious quality most of whom just end up dying in graduation. This would allow certain strands of claymores to be blood related without their knowledge... Of course if the org could also clone or reproduce their claymores then it all starts getting even more complicated...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-12-21, 16:38   Link #725
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
*nods* I'm not really trying to put a stop to the discussing, just hopefully painting some logic on the otherwise stranger points in some of the thinking I've seen.

If I really wanted to, I could go on a rampage and wipe the discussion out entirely. Alas I've not succumbed to the powers of the dark side just yet.

Personal opinion here - I think the baby angle is over done in monster stories. Mostly because the babies are always elevated to some kind of "special" status (chosen one type crap). Does anyone honestly want to see some all powerful demon spawn of Clare and Raki, for instance? Sure it could be interesting but the idea isn't very original. There's plenty of super strong characters in the story already...to me at least it would feel like forced drama.
"You disappoint me Solace, Master Shiek speaks so highly of you, surely you can do better?"-(Revan sits back and awaits Solace getting the SW reference)

Well, to be honest, I think it is overdone in other series, just not in Claymore. I don't think Yagi is going to make this a major part of the plot the way it was in Beserk. He's got enough complications as is. Judging by the number of comments that go "I wonder if Beserk's author will die before it's finished", Yagi would do well to avoid the complication.

My personal hope is that we see an answer to this somewhere near the very end of the manga, where Claire or someone else (PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE HELEN, if only for comedy's sake) finds out "whoops, looks like I should've been more careful with guys!" I'm very much of the opinion it would make an excellent ending for one of the Ghosts to have a kid at the end. But as for it functioning as a major plot in the story, I say no.

But after all Solace, if you've got Claymores looking this good ((http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11863) Personally this is what Yagi ought to have been doing from the beginning in terms of artistic level)), then chances are somewhere along the line this has been fairly thoroughly tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, watch out for Revan then; last I checked, he was still looking for a new apprentice
Unofficially my apprentice is Cyclone. Officially I'm still looking for a true Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I've been trying to think about whether or not the whole child thing is happening right now and we're not thinking outside the box; Obviously, their is Miata right now, but then their is the possible relationship between Claire and Clarice, and one could say that Claire is the daughter of Teresa because she is passing on and continuing her legacy.

We're all thinking of children in the simple sense of them being born, and being loved and taken care of by their family but things don't normally go so simple in this world, so we have to look at other ways how the word can be applied.
My personal opinion is that perhaps Clarice's mom was none other than a Claymore who had a little fun with a human male. 9 months later, when she delivered the baby unwillingly into the arms of the Organization, she went mad and was disposed of. This would explain the hair color better, since Clarice was "produced" in a time where making Claymores had become an exact science.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-12-21, 17:10   Link #726
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
You disappoint me Solace, Master Shiek speaks so highly of you, surely you can do better?"-(Revan sits back and awaits Solace getting the SW reference)
Roflmao, I do? Since when?

I guess I like the avatar though, great movie

Master? So I'm still a Master?

Quote:
My personal opinion is that perhaps Clarice's mom was none other than a Claymore who had a little fun with a human male. 9 months later, when she delivered the baby unwillingly into the arms of the Organization, she went mad and was disposed of. This would explain the hair color better, since Clarice was "produced" in a time where making Claymores had become an exact science.
That seems like a nice theory;

to me, Clarice is the "What If" idea if, what if a normal human being, a completely average joe in every sense of the word, became a warrior.

In short, she's got no idea what she's in for, her body is the weakest of all, she's put in more danger then she ever imagined etc etc.

Clarice without a doubt has to be one of the most human of all; in her strength, her reactions, her intense emotions to situations others would be stoic about etc. One of the reasons I like her and made her a club .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy
Hmm well, i'm of the opinion that Clare does have a set form
I don't believe that. Considering they are able to improve their Awakening by training more and more as a warrior, I believe it's up in the air.
Old 2009-12-22, 03:02   Link #727
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Quote:
Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem.
Agreed though, I don't see Yagi really doing much with idea of offspring in the um...traditional sense. Although in a way, I guess you could think of the parasites from Raciella as babies.

About Clarice...I've always thought the failure was related to how well the body handled the process of merging with the Yoma flesh. With the AE's, the flesh was too powerful and turned the humans into monsters with no humanity left. Perhaps Clarice being considered a failure is that she isn't enough of one. The theory holds some weight if you consider that most Claymores are probably made of the same type of flesh, with Clare and the AE's being the exception. Perhaps a Claymore's power level (or at least, potential) is measured by how well they've been able to merge with the donor flesh.
Old 2009-12-22, 08:49   Link #728
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
My personal hope is that we see an answer to this somewhere near the very end of the manga, where Claire or someone else (PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE HELEN, if only for comedy's sake) finds out "whoops, looks like I should've been more careful with guys!" I'm very much of the opinion it would make an excellent ending for one of the Ghosts to have a kid at the end. But as for it functioning as a major plot in the story, I say no.

I also really like that idea @revan5, other than the fact that claymores aren't able to have kids is really a lame excuse for me. And also in the case of Clarice, anything can be said, because we all know that she is pretty much different almost like Clare.

Quote:
Perhaps a Claymore's power level (or at least, potential) is measured by how well they've been able to merge with the donor flesh.
That is something which can totally be taken into account @Solace, and some other factors as well. Like the strength and will power of the donor. Maybe not so much strength if you take the case of Clare. But in her case will power was a great factor, as Teresa herself mentioned it on a couple of occasions I think.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:53   Link #729
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
haha, i kinda want to see Riful hiding behind Duaf as she forces out a thank you to Clare for saving her life.
Riful should be on her knees thanking Priscilla.
Old 2009-12-22, 21:47   Link #730
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
considering how furiated she is at Priscilla being more powerful then her, and now being in Priscilla's major debt, life isn't being very fair to Riful recently

I don't know if females get on their knees to thank another female....

but i wouldn't mind Riful giving Priscilla a kiss .... laughs. THAT WOULD BE A SIGHT (or a pic)!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always wondered what Miria's, Deneve's, and Helen's Awakened form/body would look like and be able to do.

for fun, post your ideas (or if you know of some hints given from the manga, please post!) on what you think about it. I'm interested in what you all think about them as being Awakened.
I speculated about thier awaken form long ago.
Post #766
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=48477&page=39
Old 2009-12-23, 02:09   Link #731
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Riful should be on her knees thanking Priscilla.
why would Riful do that? Priscilla is her enemy too.
Old 2009-12-23, 03:03   Link #732
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
why would Riful do that? Priscilla is her enemy too.
He was joking

But it would be funny; After all, it's because of her that Riful survived, so she should be grateful....even if she spent the last 7 years trying to find a way to kill her

---

I think by now, I can ask the question of: What do you guys think is going to happen come 99?

I think it's most likely we'll focus on the Ghosts this time around.
Old 2009-12-23, 14:07   Link #733
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Both sisters are dead. Riful sensed it.
Old 2009-12-23, 23:45   Link #734
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

01. Yuma trying to save Cynthia - Doubt Cynthia dies as of yet. The lot of the have become the main cast so to speak.

02. Clare vs Priscilla - Claire has no chance as of yet. Unless they meet and make up, theres no way claire wins.

03. Deneve and Helen - Theyll be fine, but will be in a precarious situation for a while

04. Destroyer - The next antagonist. An indiscriminant WMD. Perhaps Rafaela's memories play key role.

05. MiBs and Raki - Priscilla looking for Raki. Claire looking for Raki. Much plot development and/or conflict if Claire finds out about Priscilla/Raki and Priscilla also looking for him. Do they stay at odds because of Teressa's death at Priscilla's hands? Do they team up after Claire accepts the true ones at fualt- The Organization?

06. Miria, Galatea, Miata, Tabatha, and Clarice - side bar for now unless they join in on this Destroyer mess.

09. Riful and Dauf - They may escape. Or even saved by Claire & Co if they decide or realize they're going to need all the help they can get against Destroyer

10. Renee - Presumed dead, but I think shes alive because she's a plot device (informing Priscilla and/or Claire of Raki)

11. Organization, Claymores (Audrey, Rachel, and Nina), Dae , and Rubel - Theyre up the creek w/o a....oh god theyre !@#$'ed. I mean... They may even have to forgive and forget and team up with the renegades because... good god man!

12. Dietrich - No clue...

13. More AFs/AEs - The main issues here will be the organization, the renegades, Priscilla, and The Destroyer. Of late, the awakened's have become fodder and plot devices used to show how the Renegades have grown compared to run-of-the-mill warriors.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2009-12-24, 02:50   Link #735
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I can't put my finger on the reason, but I get the feeling that Yagi will switch from all the action to another scene altogether. Afterall, Alicia & Beth are dead, Riful is in no condition to fight, Priscilla just finished fighting, Clare has only on the very last page realized who is in town, and Raciella is not going anywhere. It's the ideal time to cut away for a few pages.
My guess is we're going to find out more of what going on around Raki or in Rabona (and yes, I am suffering heavily from Galatea-sama withdrawl syndrome). Maybe we'll finally get some clues as to how Clarice, Miata and Galatea-sama fit into this story.

After that, it's probably straight back to the upcoming Raciella vs. Priscilla fight. Despite knowing the fight is going to happen, I'm having a hard time picturing it though - the size difference is too large. I'm starting to think that Priscilla will use Raciella's projectile against her or something - because twisting off Raciella's body parts ("like this" *twist wrist*) might be a little too much for her.

Last edited by Cyclone; 2009-12-25 at 01:55. Reason: I have severe dsylexia it seems...
Old 2009-12-24, 12:43   Link #736
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

You know, their is a good chance you're right Cyclone; Yagi likes twists and often he'll do a complete 180 and go to another scene altogether. You do have to wonder...what's going on in the Organization and the current generation right now? or the Rabona Ghosts?

I wouldn't say Claire recognized Priscilla specificically, she has remembered the dreadful feeling she got from Priscilla(that Riful also had, and the other Abyssals presumably did as well), but that feeling could also be attributed to others. Heck, what does Raciella's youki feel like? Do we know? It probably feels just as scary.

It seems like she has felt someone new has arrived on the scene, but it would seem pretty shallow if she immidiately knew it was Priscilla.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:22   Link #737
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

It totally slipped my mind that Priscilla and The Destroyer might fight. I dont call it by name because i get the feeling its an unthinking body that just kills. No personality or anything. The personality is in Claire.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2009-12-24, 15:28   Link #738
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
It totally slipped my mind that Priscilla and The Destroyer might fight. I dont call it by name because i get the feeling its an unthinking body that just kills. No personality or anything. The personality is in Claire.
Rafaela is in Claire, this is something completely different and new.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:49   Link #739
Ryus
The One Eyed King

If I was to venture a guess I'd say chapter 99 will involve Yuma and Cynthia, plus Clare/Deneve/Helen sensing Priscilla. To me both seem like things Yagi wouldn't just let be and move on, though I see Cyclone's point of a change will be coming and the East is the likely direction (Also, I think Raki needs more time to travel there...).

I don't know why but something tells me Clare's first reaction will be fear after sensing Priscilla and also fear of her power. I guess it's just the logic that one never truly gets over the fear of someone that intimidating and monstrous who's destroyed their life and taken away their loved ones, that is until they face them again at least once. No matter how much of a brave face she puts on I just feel like she should show some fear to be more real. I'm pretty sure she'll get over it but I doubt she'll charge into attack her... she just has too many reasons not to: she stands no chance, Cynthia/Yuma need help, The Destroyer is wiping out all life, she's now likely tired from two waves of Hell Cats, plus she swore stay alive until she meets Raki again, Helen and Deneve could be dragged into the fight and both are exhausted from fighting too, dying would kill Jean/Teresa/Irene/Flora/Elena/Ophelia all over again, the Raphaela part of her will have some influence (possibly making her fearful after seeing her killing the Twins), and she's never forgiven herself for fearing Priscilla (indicating she still might fear her). Though I do see her going to help save Cynthia/Yuma then finding Riful.

If Clare does intend to attack Priscilla I see 3 outcomes. Priscilla is just gone before Clare can even get there, Clare loses but is spared/rescued, a dialog.

I'm hoping The Rabona Ghosts show up at the end, either racing towards their friends or now finally on the scene. Who knows really, maybe Miria will be forced to release her yoki to get there faster...

I'd like Priscilla to notice Cynthia/Yuma (if one goes over the limit and reverts back) and get curious as to how and then she goes to investigate. I personally think it'd be awesome to have Clare and Priscilla show up right on top of Cynthia and Yuma... then have both of them be like "Oh, F*** Me! Today just isn't our day..."

Now, a personally desire of mine would be some one finding Riful/Duff soon and deciding there fate's (be it death or a new role) or them going to another party and proposing an alliance (be it the ghosts, gathering up the remaining ABs for one huge army, picking up a crippled Beth (if she's alive), or even joining Priscilla (as odd as that seems now)). I just want them to have a purpose since they survived all this (at least for now) and are now so weak in the grand scheme of things... I don't want them just going into hiding it seems so unClaymore like.

While I really want to see Raki and the org and see that being the next logical destination of the plot after the West, like Cyclone said. However, I still see a chapter or two more before that happens. I just don't see Yagi switching areas until Clare's reaction to Priscilla is shown and Cynthia/Yuma is resolved. He's just spent too long showing each for either to be of minor importance. He did show Cynthia and Yuma over Raki and Priscilla a few times, so they must be important to his plans. After all if Yagi can put the Rebona ghosts on hold for +8 Chapters than Raki and the org can wait a few more. Sure the Rebona Ghosts may well be going that East but I just don't see Yagi having the Rebona Ghosts, Raki, Dietrich, Renee (revealing her fate, dead or alive), and the Organizations discussing what's transpired without setting a few details out west first. Plus let's not forget if the twins made it from the East to the West in just 2 Chapters, than Priscilla can do it in less than a chapter if she felt like it. So she too could be out East by chapters 99's end.

As a side note I'd like to see more of the New Generation of "Claymores" reactions to the events unfolding. After all turning them is likely Miria's objective, so it stands to reason Yagi will show us what troubling them a bit more. I doubt the ghosts will just beat the org bypassing the new generation of warriors and then them just saying "OK, that's cool that you just beat them, I wasn't loyal to them. Your so smart Miria..." He should start showing their inner conflicts with the organization soon, especially after word gets out of the survivors or Pieta challenging the org.
Old 2009-12-24, 23:07   Link #740
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i say yagi won't show raki until he's completely transform into a warrior for the org. he's stashing him away for now and is focused on priscilla and clare.
Closed Thread