AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-11, 09:09   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Question: Banner III was when the Abh fleet went to conquer that prison world right?
No, actually Banner of the Stars III was the family dinner. I guess I'm a little odd, Banner of the Stars II was pretty emotional and I know most people liked it a lot more than III. But I found III to be more emotionally moving.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-03-11, 09:23   Link #22
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... two scenes in Gurren Lagann would be considered bawww worthy. Bawww with sprinkles of GAR anyway.

I'll second most of everything here and add a few:

Saikano - Love and war personified (or should I say anime-fied?).

Now and Then, Here and There - Brutal, violent and at times horrifying. Human nature at both its best and its worst.
Old 2010-03-11, 10:22   Link #23
Coruja

Elfen Lied made me cry.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:59   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Elfen Lied made me cry.
Tears of blood?
Old 2010-03-11, 21:08   Link #25
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
No, actually Banner of the Stars III was the family dinner. I guess I'm a little odd, Banner of the Stars II was pretty emotional and I know most people liked it a lot more than III. But I found III to be more emotionally moving.
Ah....I see....well I found the Banner/Crest series, while moving at times, to be focused more on the motives and morals of Abh and human rather than a full out tear jerker between Lafiel/Jinto.
Old 2010-03-13, 09:54   Link #26
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Ah....I see....well I found the Banner/Crest series, while moving at times, to be focused more on the motives and morals of Abh and human rather than a full out tear jerker between Lafiel/Jinto.
Well Banner III:
Spoiler for Pretty much the whole Banner III plot:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-03-13, 22:29   Link #27
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Looks like it finally turned inwards on Jinto....Is the series ended just like that then? Or is Morioka still writing it?
Old 2010-03-14, 13:56   Link #28
y_nikita

NANA may be not the anime but manga definately...oughhh i am still emotional because of it
Old 2010-03-14, 17:42   Link #29
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Looks like it finally turned inwards on Jinto....Is the series ended just like that then? Or is Morioka still writing it?
The Light Novels go on further, with the focus shifting back to the larger war. Lets just say the Ahb suffer some reversals. But Banner III is as far as the anime got.

Old 2010-03-14, 19:08   Link #30
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
heroic age had one of the saddest endings I have ever seen in an anime. Just a master piece. i'm really happy i watched that anime and I'm sure you will be to
My Anime List
Old 2010-03-14, 19:55   Link #31
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I third Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Some of the other suggestions so far are great anime, but of the anime I've seen this is the one that moved me the most.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:03   Link #32
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
Bokurano
Watch this show in full, not just because you want a show that makes you cry, but because it's a very thought out, well done show.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:08   Link #33
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I cried near the end of Rose of Versailles. It's got to be one of the most emotional anime I ever seen. I probably shed a tear during a couple of other anime, but I don't really remember the names since I rarely cry when watching anime.

Anyway, I suggest Rose of Versailles. It's quite an old anime, but it's still very enjoyable and I would strongly recommend it.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:09   Link #34
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
man i just rewatched some of heroic age, damn that series is so emotional. I'm not gonna admit im tearing up or anything lol but that series is just great.

If you are reading this thread to give a suggestion then dont just give one... watch heroic age as well. You will be damn surprised how good that series is. anyone here seen it?
My Anime List
Old 2010-03-16, 17:14   Link #35
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Surprisingly, Elfen Lied made me cry.
Not surprisingly, Clannad AS.
Air upset me..but I can't suggust anything greater than Clannad
Old 2010-03-16, 17:19   Link #36
Knightrunner

Ga-Rei Zero was a bit depressing but it didn't make me cry. Then again Clannad didn't make me cry either. Both anime sure can be stomach wrentcher though.
Old 2010-03-17, 06:44   Link #37
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tears of blood?
No.
Mostly their background stories (especially Mayu's and Nana's); and the last episode of course.
Old 2010-03-19, 01:44   Link #38
babybro

Good God, I can't believe no one mention Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 yet. Let me tell you this. I have watched perhaps hundreds of series and thousands of movies and nothing even gave me a sniffle. I watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and I was completely shocked that I had to hold back tears. I even went to the restroom to check it out and my eyes were super red. I will never forget that moment, so if you want to watch something with a box of tissue next to you, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is your anime. However, I might recommend two boxes.
Old 2010-07-17, 03:10   Link #39
Melangel89

Thumbs up

I know the post is old but if u want a real anime that has u cry a lot it will be marmalade boy!!! I had to stop watching it for awhile cause it made me mad and sad lol
Closed Thread