AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 07:31   Link #3141
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Playing Mount and Blade:Warband with Floris mod right now. Originally got it to kill time while waiting for Diablo 3 but it got me addicted to it so it's got a nice secured space on my HDD now.

For those unfamiliar with it, it's like a FPS Total War simulator mixed with sandbox element. You can roam around the fictional world of Calradia (based on medieval civilization) either trading between cities, subdueing bandits, being a bandit yourself, fighting factional war, marrying into nobility, pledging yourself as a vassal to one of the 6 faction kings or form your own faction.

I can go on and on about it but it's probably easier for you guys to just watch the youtube or google it up. The combat while clunky at first impression feels good especially when you are riding at high speed and shooting down other riders with your bow or running through folks with your lance.
Old 2012-05-21, 21:10   Link #3142
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I finished Bastion and found myself clapping as the credit roll. The game is not without flaws but several characteristics such as atmosphere, music, narrative style, endings, role-play(lol Masseffect3), and gameplay(depending if you like the genre) have made this one of the best game I have ever played. Contrary to most assertions I heard, the gameplay was not "easy as hell" or at least for me. It was pretty slow initially but by the end of the series I felt myself unstoppable with each word Rucks narrates. The moral choices and several choices at the end is quite thought provoking. I wonder why there is still not a thread in this forum about such a fantastic game.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-05-22 at 00:45. Reason: typos
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 23:51   Link #3143
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Saints Row: The Third (PC)
the game's hilarious IMO too bad that it has so many issues for the PC version.
Old 2012-05-22, 16:23   Link #3144
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I finished Bastion and found myself clapping as the credit roll. The game is not without flaws but several characteristics such as atmosphere, music, narrative style, endings, role-play(lol Masseffect3), and gameplay(depending if you like the genre) have made this one of the best game I have ever played. Contrary to most assertions I heard, the gameplay was not "easy as hell" or at least for me. It was pretty slow initially but by the end of the series I felt myself unstoppable with each word Rucks narrates. The moral choices and several choices at the end is quite thought provoking. I wonder why there is still not a thread in this forum about such a fantastic game.
I actually finished Bastion a couple of days ago as well and I wholeheartedly agree with you. The game was really easy though but the charm of the story more than makes up for it and since I've always been draw mostly to story-driven games I couldn't be happier.

And since I'm talking about story-driven "games"... Since I haven't had much time for anything lately I've picked up Analogue to check out in the little bit of time I did manage to scrape and it's just such an amazing story. It's brutal though, I'll give you that, and no amount of cute 2D girls is going to fix that.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:49   Link #3145
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Started playing Deardrops the other night.

Just finished the Guerrilla Live scene and am enjoying it a lot.

Riho has to be my favourite, guess I just like Tsun Tsuns.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:56   Link #3146
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finished my first playthrough of "Ar Tonelico 3", got Finnel's True ending. So now that just leaves another four or five playthroughs to view the other endings... But overall it was a pretty good experience. It wasnt "great" but it was "good" for sure.

Also about to finish up my first playthrough of "Tales of Vesperia"...after I finish up the side quests before heading off to the final boss battle. I've already put 80hrs into it but every one of those hours were entertaining. I really love the variety of the titles/costumes in this one. Though I feel kinda bad about Karol...I guess you could call it a stroke of bad luck but...I seem to have initiated most of his side quests after acquiring his "Girly" title, hence in all the scenes he's dressed as a girl...orz. Well...its kinda funny.

Also started to advance further past the first dungeon in "Hyper Dimension Neptune". I had it sitting aside for two whole weeks while I played "Ar Tonelico" and "Tales of Vesperia". Now that I've progressed further I have to admit that this game isnt as bad as some people were making it out to be...though I cant say that for certainty until I'm actually done with the game.

Looking forward to getting "Neptune Mk.II", "Neptune V", (yes, I'm not even done with the first one and I'm already getting the other two. )and "Fate/EXTRA CCC" later on.
Old 2012-05-24, 16:16   Link #3147
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Been playing Starhawk on PS3. Underhyped, but what a great game.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:08   Link #3148
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Been playing RDR Undead Nightmare.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:15   Link #3149
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Roughing it this summer in a temporary apartment without most of my stuff, so I found my old PS2, my copy of Xenogears, and I'm replaying a game I don't think I ever actually finished.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:34   Link #3150
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Dabbling with Dynasty Warriors Next and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the PS Vita, as well as some Alan Wake's American Nightmare on the PC.
...bah, still need to finish Max Payne 2!
Old 2012-05-25, 14:00   Link #3151
Dextro
He Without a Title

Now that I have some free time I picked up the Arma 2 mod DayZ and we're trying to get back to my friends dropped loot to see if it's still there. Downed a couple of Zeds along the way but we're mostly sticking to stealth since this is a pretty brutal game.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:15   Link #3152
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

2 of my friends are at DiabloIII

Currently playing Dragons Dogma.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:55   Link #3153
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'm keeping myself preoccupied playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Of course while I wait for AC III and RE 6
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:24   Link #3154
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Alternating between Fallout: New Vegas and Diablo 3.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:42   Link #3155
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm currently playing Resistance 2 and Street Fighter AE 4 2012 waiting for Persona 4 UMA and Resident Evil 6.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:14   Link #3156
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Currently playing Final Fantasy XIII again. Realized that I messed up on the Treasure Hunter trophy on my main file so I have to start a new game to do the trophy.
Old 2012-05-30, 21:07   Link #3157
DuoRanger
Banned

This game because, no one has it!
Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 23:20   Link #3158
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Diablo 3 Inferno grind - Didn't live up to the expectation but above average game nevertheless. Was in doubt about whether to purchase because of the DRM but whatever.
Magic AVR drafting - The current block is pretty bad... Just draft enough bombs and win. While swamp sucks in this draft, Homicidal Seclusion/loner/draft greenwhite is way op. Deathwind op.
Team Fortress 2 - Revisit once in a while for lulz, good Valve production. The feeling you get when you chainstab with Spy. Enforcer/Deadringer op. Demoman op. Pyro boring and annoying.
Lone Survivor/SCP/Other Indies - The atmosphere of these horror game is alright but not brilliant.

Mostly sample of stuff before ETRIAN ODYSSEY 4 releasing on July 05. I wish I could preorder but I can't. I keep throwing money at the screen but the game just won't come out faster!Oh god, can't contain the excitement. <3 Etrian Odyssey series.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-05-30 at 23:36. Reason: add stuff
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 00:03   Link #3159
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Persona 3 Portable.

Finally getting myself into the Persona series and I rather do like this installment. Music's good, combat is creative and the socialization concept is pretty fun too.
Old 2012-05-31, 05:37   Link #3160
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Yesterday i'm done with Crisis Core FF7(PSP), Now playing Street Fighter X Tekken(PC). Tomorrow will be God Eater Burst(PSP) and for the future will be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City",