AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 15:24   Link #121
Eclipze

This is why I watch anime. Sure, lighthearted romcoms may be enjoyable to watch, but gems like these really brings forth a sense of...satisfaction. I can already see the drama in ep1 to make a return when the mom shows up again.

Pretty much an instant favorite this season.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:28   Link #122
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

This show reeks of awesome. It blends the totally serious with wackiness that I don't see in too many shows. Moreso in the extremes of each end, makes it like a wild roller coaster ride. Also, Yuriko had a past that somewhat parallels Koutura. Oh yeah, and Manabe being a man's man in just giving it to Moritani.

I get the Keima vibes from Muroto as well.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:38   Link #123
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Jealous high school girls are truly bit-.. erm.. frightning. Yes, that's the word.
Manabe scores more points though, despite being a hopeless pervert. Gotta hand it to him for settling the bullying issue like that, though part of me thinks the way he dealt with it is only going to bring further trouble down the line...after all, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

Great second episode, love how drama, comedy and storytelling just blend in. Loving this show.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:44   Link #124
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
How about some fantasies of Yuriko??
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:46   Link #125
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Manabe is such an admirable character. He is honest with his feelings, defends his girl in front of everyone, and outright declares his love without hesitation. Wow, I am really impressed by him. I absolutely love the way this anime integrates both comedy, romance and drama that keeps you guessing about the plot.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:04   Link #126
Rakshasa

Are they going to keep throwing this kind of tragedy at us every single episode?

How many ruined lives are they prepared to have on their story-conscious....
Old 2013-01-17, 16:22   Link #127
Solafighter
Hige

This second episode is certainly not disappointing. Manabe giving it to Moritani was great. He really stands a man.

Muroto... Everytime I hear his voice, all I see is

Also his type of character, it must be him.
Old 2013-01-17, 16:42   Link #128
00Coyote

Episode 2.

Manabe, putting MAN back in male lead.

I was cheering out loud when he confronted dojo girl and her 2 lackies, and laid the smack down, straight and honest. It was awesome. At only 2 episodes in, I'm almost completely sold on this show. I adore Kotoura, and I admire MANabe, there are very few shows that I can say I like both the main characters.

About Kotoura's mind reading...

On my first watch of the show, I kept thinking "She needs to learn some tact, and not voice the thoughts she reads" but after another watch it occurred to me, she can't tell the difference between what someone says and what they think.

Without stopping and analyzing what was said she can't tell what was meant to be said:
"Thank you for your order, have a nice day and come again!"
"Take your damn chicken nuggets, and get the hell out of line so I can serve the next drooling plebian."

Doubly so if she can't see the person talking/thinking. Thought and voice are probably indistinguishable to her.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:43   Link #129
-Necromancer-
Otaku

I liked it where moritani stands up for the girl ( forgot name )
but the first half was really dragging for me but it was needed i guess for next episodes cant wait ^_^ want to see more of that power and moritani's mind in action xD
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:51   Link #130
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ I think you got the names mixed up.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 17:18   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The troubles for Kotoura kind of reminds me of Natsume (Natsume Yuujinchou). The abilities differ, but something that makes you different from others that leads you to being rejected. At the age those abilities came out she just didn't have the understanding to stay silent. You hear things clearly as speech and react instinctively to that. Problem is the truth and having inner thoughts revealed leads to plenty of people responding poorly. Not at all surprised after her family collapsing she just started to try and isolate herself as best as she could. Still is stuck hearing all the terrible things being thought about her, but couldn't find a better solution.

Glad she found someone persistent enough to try and get close, along with not being shaken by her ability. If frankly the worst she has to put up with is his....colorful imagination that's not bad .
Old 2013-01-17, 18:01   Link #132
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. Moritani gives osananajimi a very bad name. She's known him since grade school and she has ZERO understanding of Manabe? Not only that, but she goes after the love rival instead of trying to get the guy? I am disappoint. I can understand if it was done because they're crazy (ala Kaede), but she wasn't the least bit insane when she did what she did.

Well at least Muroto is the exact opposite. While no confirmation yet they met as kids, being on first name basis with Yurikano, on top of knowing her past history quite well, and him being able to read her mind as to what her true plans are WITHOUT the help of ESP... yeah, THAT is how osananajimi should be. Sure Yurikano seems to be up to no good, but at least Muroto is behind her all the way.

Finally, HanaKana as Yurikano <3. Awesome casting decision... she really brought out Yurikano's various sides to the forefront.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 18:03   Link #133
Midonin
Last Engage

Just Yuriko. No robots here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 18:56   Link #134
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aww, the ending to episode 2 was very nice and sweet I really love the anime and it's characters
Old 2013-01-17, 18:57   Link #135
HandofFate

Even though the animation style is pretty simple, i'm impressed with the array of facial expressions the cast is able to portray.

Even with Moritani's two friends when Manabe confronted them and they looked away because they didn't want to be pulled into the confrontation.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:06   Link #136
ellessarr
Banned

man, first was kyoto with hyouka and chuunibyou and now this??? omg what is happen with japan???? omg finally, finally looks like they are learning to stop to abuse from the use of "cliches" in romcoms(harem, love triangle, guy with hard girls problems), looks like another awesome work who try to throw aways that cliches, us have a moe main girl with a really freaking "curse", a mind pevert male protagonist however with the balls to show who he's love the girl and a total out of place childhood love rival who instead to be someone who we gonna love from the start, started being a bitch and already rejected 2 times by de MC in the first episode and get scolded by him due to her "bullyng" in the Main girl, man this show totally buy mei really love when some japaneses have the balls to make works like that.

The bad side judging by the OP and ED in the nexts episodes Moritani will ask forgiveness and by guilt (and still love Manabe) will try to become friends with and go to the club koutaro.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:20   Link #137
novalysis

Actually, I'd pin more of the blame on Moritani's two "friends". They were even worst pieces of works - I really felt like reaching through my monitor and slapping both of them silly.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:27   Link #138
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am pleased. As I said, episode 2 would make or break this series, and it definitely made. I was worried they would be unable to handle more characters, but this was done well: Adding only a few characters at a time and giving them a bit of depth. None of the new supporting characters are common stereotypes. They stand out, except the quiet boy. I expect he has some secret as well, and look forward to future episodes.

I am OK with the sudden drama spikes. These are teenagers, and at that age there is usually just a short distance between Heaven and Hell. But I'm glad they keep it lighthearted overall.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:52   Link #139
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Enjoyed the 2nd episode as much as the first,still love the interactions of the lead couple and the supporting cast are nice additions and enjoyed right about every comedy scene in this episode (and yes I love the fact they casted Hanazawa Kana for this part,she might be everywhere but she doesn't often get this type of role) I still wish the show would be a bit more subtle with its drama but I can deal with it.

Here's what I find real interesting, we've got a romcom with a male target audience but a female protagonist,that's not often you see that,in shonen/seinen romcoms the protagonist tends to be male.To me that's the source of some of the "different from usual" feel some might be getting,since having a female lead changes the dynamics a bit.
Some of the drama in this episode reminds me of shoujo romances I've read where you've got stuff like the lonely female lead isolated and bullied with the male lead coming to the rescue,all that mixed up with an art style and humor you're more likely to find in male targeted media.
Not saying the author was thinking about any of this at all,it's just that while watching the episode I asked myself "why am I getting shoujo vibes from this?" and so started wondering
Old 2013-01-17, 20:04   Link #140
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Here's what I find real interesting, we've got a romcom with a male target audience but a female protagonist
I'd actually like to see a few more of these. The only other example I can think of is Tsuyokiss.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy