AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 08:29   Link #821
walkofshane

Thank you for mentioning Kuuga! I first got into the kamen Rider franchise because of Kamen Rider Black, which was OK. It was all that we got in my country many years ago. But it was Kuuga that sparked my love for things KR, although admittedly, I have not seen many of the series.
I enjoyed W and I thought Kabuto was so funny Sasword, in particular, was hilarious.
I look forward to this Wizard. The coats are awesome ^_^d
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 02:02   Link #822
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Gen Urobuchi transitions to Tokusatsu with "Kamen Rider Gaimu"

According to the main page Gen Urobuchi is doing the screenplay for the next Kamen Rider show, Gaimu, which is Samurai/Fruit themed this year. All I gotta say is my body is ready
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 03:24   Link #823
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The concept of Urobuchi doing a children's show terrifies me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 04:10   Link #824
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

First, Mahou Shoujo - next, the world!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 04:14   Link #825
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Gen already did a Kamen Rider show. It was called Madoka Magica.

No, seriously, Madoka Magica borrowed a lot from Kamen Rider, so this is definitely a very natural fit. So I think Gen will do very well with it.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:08   Link #826
Iggy_Pop

Looks like this series will be remembered as the series where Urobutcher traumatized kids forever.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 08:37   Link #827
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Gen already did a Kamen Rider show. It was called Madoka Magica.

No, seriously, Madoka Magica borrowed a lot from Kamen Rider, so this is definitely a very natural fit. So I think Gen will do very well with it.
I always saw Blassreiter as a Kamen Rider anime so I have hope he'll do fine
Also:
Spoiler for Madoka and Ryuki spoilers:
Old 2013-07-25, 08:47   Link #828
whitecloud

The summary of the show...

Kamen Rider Gaim's motifs are that of fruit and armour. Seeds from a different world are used to summon armour. Apparently these Riders are desired by the states of the world, it's the beginning of a Rider Warring State Era.

Gaim uses fruit-themed padlocks called Lock Seeds to perform an "Arms Change" and transform. One of the new things with Gaim is that Gaim will have a number of Rival Riders who also use Lock Seeds to summon different fruity armour.

The setting is a emerging city apparently controlled by a corporate giant. The disenfranchised youths of this city turn to street dance to pass the time. They also use Lock Seeds to summon small monsters, called Inbess, from another world and hold secret fights between these animals. However larger holes to this other world have started opening up and letting monsters through. To fight these Gaim will stand up as a hero for justice!

Anyway...the question will be who will die first?
Old 2013-07-25, 08:51   Link #829
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice one, Funkatron. You posted that pic right when I’m about to post those similarities between Ryuki & Madoka .

And yes! Finally I can hope for a well-written Kamen Rider show again after a horde of silly full-on-comedy Kamen Rider shows since Den-O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Looks like this series will be remembered as the series where Urobutcher traumatized kids forever.
Actually, unlike Super Sentai, Kamen Rider franchise already had its fair share of dark entries. There are KR Kuuga, KR Agito, KR Ryuuki, KR Faiz, KR The First, KR The Next, and the darkest of them all, Shin Kamen Rider. I doubt Urobuchi's doom-&-gloom can even top Shin's gritty nature. It is truly a nightmare material .
Old 2013-07-25, 08:53   Link #830
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nice one, Funkatron. You posted that pic right when I’m about to posted those similarities .

And yes! Finally I can hope for a well-written Kamen Rider show again after a horde of silly full-on-comedy Kamen Rider shows since Den-O.
Kiva, Decade, Double, OOO and Wizard weren't silly full on comedies. They have comedic moments but hardly full-on, OOO is especially pretty dark in it's last parts.

Quote:
Nice one, Funkatron. You posted that pic right when I’m about to post those similarities between Ryuki & Madoka .

Actually, unlike Super Sentai, Kamen Rider franchise already had its fair share of dark entries. There are KR Kuuga, KR Agito, KR Ryuuki, KR Faiz, KR The First, KR The Next, and the darkest of them all, Shin Kamen Rider. I doubt Urobuchi's doom-&-gloom can even top Shin's gritty nature. It is truly a nightmare material .
Yeah, I already know that, I've watched all the Heisei Series, some series I skipped some episode though. I'm not talking about Kamen Rider series that will traumatized kids, there's already some series like Ryuki to do that and Shin, boy was that movie gory, not too mention some actual nudity. I'm talking about how this is Gen's first series that is actually aimed at kids and not multiple or adult demographic.
Now that i think about it, if in the future Gen decide to write a novel version of this series, perhaps it can top the Kamen Rider Faiz novel Igyoku no Hana (the one where Kusaka rape Mari) by Toshiki Inoue in it's depressingness

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-26 at 12:17. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-07-25, 09:03   Link #831
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I do have a few questions about this:
  1. How much is this backstory is done by Urobuchi and how much was mandated by the execs
  2. How far will they let Urobuchi go? Will he be allowed to kill off everyone?
  3. Who dies first?
Old 2013-07-25, 09:06   Link #832
Iggy_Pop

4. Will there be mind rapes?
Old 2013-07-25, 09:08   Link #833
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Kiva, Decade, Double, OOO and Wizard weren't silly full on comedies. They have comedic moments but hardly full-on, OOO is especially pretty dark in it's last parts.
Oh, that’s just a generalization on my part, because to me, any shows from Den-O (except Decade) have become sillier and sillier. Say what you want, that’s how it is to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
  1. Will he be allowed to kill off everyone?
Considering that we already had a certain series where the main Kamen Rider is dead (yes, it's debatable but it's strongly implied) in the end, I'd say letting Urobuchi killing off most of the cast is not that impossible.

NOTE: Also guys, careful with the spoilers. Don't spoil any Kamen Rider series' ending here without proper tags.
Old 2013-07-25, 09:21   Link #834
Shyni

I am totally okay with this. As said before, Urobuchi already proved he can write a Kamen Rider show. Now all that's left is for Tsuburaya to hire Hideaki Anno to make an Ultraman show. The guy does have a thing for rubber suit media.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 09:54   Link #835
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Urobutcher strikes again!
Place your bets on who dies in this version of Kamen Rider.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:31   Link #836
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Urobutcher strikes again!
Place your bets on who dies in this version of Kamen Rider.
Tbh, I’m not too hyped about deaths and mindfuck in this KR Gaimu since, like some have said, we already had a fair share of “dark” elements in some previous Kamen Rider shows prior to Urobuchi. That includes both character-deaths (yes, even the MC is not safe, let alone side characters) and mindfuck.

What I'm hyped about is a well-written story. Something Gen is capable of creating.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:51   Link #837
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I do hope Urobutcher doesn't turn people off from fruits with this one....

Not really feeling the Riders at the moment due to the fruit theme (and right after Wizard's awesome suits too), but I think I'll stick around if only for UROBUTCHER

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:23   Link #838
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Kamen Rider has done very dark things compare to other kids and sentai shows. Though the last Kamen Rider to be dark was Kamen Rider Faiz.

Edit: Looks like you already know this. Anyways it's been awhile since we had a dark tone Kamen Rider, don't think their willing to go back to those days sadly. At least we got Garo. The new current series of Garo is awesome.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:34   Link #839
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought people might stop pigeonholing Urobuchi after Gargantia but it looks like it will take more than that. The reactions are still exactly the same. Since this is Kamen Rider though, I guess it is indeed likely this is going to be dark.

Anyway, fruit theme? Eh, not really digging that.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:46   Link #840
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Tbh, I’m not too hyped about deaths and mindfuck in this KR Gaimu since, like some have said, we already had a fair share of “dark” elements in some previous Kamen Rider shows prior to Urobuchi. That includes both character-deaths (yes, even the MC is not safe, let alone side characters) and mindfuck.

What I'm hyped about is a well-written story. Something Gen is capable of creating.
Me too. Being derpy-dark and killing off characters is something a lot of authors try in order to be edgy. But Urobuchi's understanding of human emotion, his strong round characters, and immersing and deep stories - those are the things I love about him.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu