AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 14:52   Link #4241
the-crocodile

I've noted that a lot of people didn't understand the ending (and the fact that kirino and kyosuke actually haven't broke their relation) and say that the ending is bad, well i can't understand how those people with all the hint haven't figured it yet
the-crocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:45   Link #4242
the-crocodile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I think, the people who don't understand the ending are for the big part only the anime watchers. If they read the novel the ending will be obvious. It is not like you have to dig very deep in the story to understand the ending or something. The hints in this novel are practically saying to you ''dude, their relationship continues!!!''.
Well i watched only the anime at first (i finished it one week ago) but i have watched the last episode one more time (Wedding scene çAç ) and i realized it (i think perhaps that's only an excuse for the haters ). Obviously after the anime i started immediately with the novels (not finished yet), the manga (for curiosity), with kuroneko spin-off manga and actually i'm playing the psp game
the-crocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:47   Link #4243
protheus
short series addict

Incest ending isn't everyone's thing, so there will be a lot rejecting even the idea of that being possible.
Old 2013-09-05, 17:13   Link #4244
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-crocodile View Post
I've noted that a lot of people didn't understand the ending (and the fact that kirino and kyosuke actually haven't broke their relation) and say that the ending is bad, well i can't understand how those people with all the hint haven't figured it yet
I think, the people who don't understand the ending are for the big part only the anime watchers. If they read the novel the ending will be obvious. It is not like you have to dig very deep in the story to understand the ending or something. The hints in this novel are practically saying to you ''dude, their relationship continues!!!''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-crocodile View Post
Well i watched only the anime at first (i finished it one week ago) but i have watched the last episode one more time (Wedding scene çAç ) and i realized it (i think perhaps that's only an excuse for the haters ). Obviously after the anime i started immediately with the novels (not finished yet), the manga (for curiosity), with kuroneko spin-off manga and actually i'm playing the psp game
I agree with you. The anime also has enough hints. Re-watching it again and paying attention, you will see the hints clearly. So far the reason some people use to justifies that it is an 'open ending' or a 'bad ending' didn't convince me at all. Well, in the end it is their opinion and I respect that.

I think the author did something unique. He wrote a story with a well hidden incest plot. I have watched/read a lot of things and I have to tell you this is the first time I read/watched a story like this. It looks like a normal story but if you pay attention it is not like that at all. And it is not easy to write a story about incest, and the author did something extraordinary. He wrote a story that had that kind of plot but he disguised it very well. That is why it is hard to understand the true ending if you don't pay attention to the hints.

Oreimo is a masterpiece. I think it is very hard to find a story like this again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Incest ending isn't everyone's thing, so there will be a lot rejecting even the idea of that being possible.
Yes, that is true Protheus, I also think this is the main reason why people hate it so much.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-09-05 at 17:43.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:04   Link #4245
jrod

In LN 12, when Kyousuke told Sakurai that the person he likes three years ago and the person he likes now is not the same, was he referring to Manami(3 years ago) and Kirino (now) OR was he referring to Kirino afterall? (Poor athlete, brother-sticker 3 years ago; Star athlete, Idol now)

I inteprete that Sakurai thought Kyousuke was refering to Manami all along, but I am confused to who these two persons are from Kyousuke's perspective.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 05:53   Link #4246
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
In LN 12, when Kyousuke told Sakurai that the person he likes three years ago and the person he likes now is not the same, was he referring to Manami(3 years ago) and Kirino (now) OR was he referring to Kirino afterall? (Poor athlete, brother-sticker 3 years ago; Star athlete, Idol now)

I inteprete that Sakurai thought Kyousuke was refering to Manami all along, but I am confused to who these two persons are from Kyousuke's perspective.
This is actually tricky. If anything, Kyousuke never showed any interested in Manami. But considered that he need Manami pointed out to him that he was trying to showed off to Kirino without realizing, I don't think this is the case. Maybe it's just a polite way to say 'sorry'.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:02   Link #4247
relentlessflame

*Administrator

My interpretation is that yes, the person Kyousuke was in love with three years ago was Manami. While she walked away after being rejected, Kyousuke's narrated that it was the end of their first loves (both of them), and I think this is consistent with his behaviour back then. Of course, what happened since then is that they both continued to grow up, and he started seeing Manami more as the "grandma" she was (though I don't think it's like he doesn't notice her at all). If he had continued to stay on the path of the "normal life" without being swayed into Kirino's world, I think the suggestion of the story is that he may believe he'll end up with Manami eventually, but I don't think he has a "crush" on her any more.

Basically, I think a big reason Kyousuke started drifting away from Kirino in the first place was because he had a crush on Manami, so wanted to start spending more time with her (and away from his little sister, because little sisters are "gross" to boys that age). But then, the "incident" happened, and his world changed as he was suddenly forced to try to "grow up", and I think as part of that process he probably also mostly grew out of his crush on Manami as well. I think he still acts a bit aware of it, though, as you see in his interactions with her and when he talks about her.
Old 2013-10-01, 11:09   Link #4248
Sumeragi
Banned

For some reason I'm in the mood for Kyousuke-Kouhei.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 00:49   Link #4249
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Tsukasa Fushimi and Hiro Kanzaki team up once again for another light novel series: "Eromanga-Sensei (tentative name)"!

The story will mainly focus on big brother and little sister relationship again. MC is light novel author and trying to get along with his little sister.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19117.html

There's No Way This Premise Could Be Rehashed!

It's not really well-accepted by the Japanese. There has been comments of "die", "disgusting", "this has gotta stop", and "爆死確定" (which I interpret as "die in a fire" or worse).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 05:18   Link #4250
Kakurin
大佐

These guys should just get a life. It's not like somebody is forcing them to read / deal with that.
Old 2013-10-07, 07:25   Link #4251
Wilshere

Under what age-label will it be put? Looking forward to what it is like.
Old 2013-10-07, 07:41   Link #4252
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Getting a life aside, I think that some of the less raging responses have a point.
We have Kazuma Kamachi also from Dengeki Bunko, who shows that he can handle action and comedy with his various works, and having the same premise for his next work is not actually a good sign for his creativity.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-10-07, 09:32   Link #4253
Sakuratsuki

Hell yes another work of Tsukasa!! , I really don't care what others have to say about his next work. First I want to read it, then I will judge it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:37   Link #4254
Brother Coa
Banned

LOL at people getting so fused over fantasy thing like that ( I mean I also have several favorite sci-fi and fantasy settings that I love too much than what I should but that still doesn't give me right to attack people because of that ).
Anyway, anything coming fro moriginal author of Ore No Imouto have little chance to be bad so I am also looking forward to it, anime version anyway when released one day.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 15:55   Link #4255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not really well-accepted by the Japanese. There has been comments of "die", "disgusting", "this has gotta stop", and "爆死確定" (which I interpret as "die in a fire" or worse).
I don't know why you would take these sorts of flamebait comments as a sign of the "acceptance by the Japanese" (do you take trolls to represent the opinion of the majority usually?). You have random anonymous commenters who haven't even read anything beyond the premise, and they're raging incomprehensibly. That sounds like a legitimate set of opinions I should really take stock in! It's much more likely that these are people who dislike or were upset by OreImo now acting up because the author's next work sounds somewhat similar. But contrasted with the fact that OreImo was incredibly popular even to the end, a not-so-dissimilar next work shouldn't be all that surprising.

It could very well be that the book will be no good, but at least people can actually read it before "the acceptance by the Japanese" is pronounced. This is some seriously Sankaku Complex-quality "reporting".
Old 2013-10-07, 18:01   Link #4256
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Tsukasa Fushimi and Hiro Kanzaki team up once again for another light novel series: "Eromanga-Sensei (tentative name)"!

The story will mainly focus on big brother and little sister relationship again. MC is light novel author and trying to get along with his little sister.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19117.html

There's No Way This Premise Could Be Rehashed!

A MC is a light novel author? I wonder what kind of novel he wrote. Incest-theme novel would be fun, but Onii-Ai got that already
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:26   Link #4257
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't know why you would take these sorts of flamebait comments as a sign of the "acceptance by the Japanese" (do you take trolls to represent the opinion of the majority usually?). You have random anonymous commenters who haven't even read anything beyond the premise, and they're raging incomprehensibly. That sounds like a legitimate set of opinions I should really take stock in! It's much more likely that these are people who dislike or were upset by OreImo now acting up because the author's next work sounds somewhat similar. But contrasted with the fact that OreImo was incredibly popular even to the end, a not-so-dissimilar next work shouldn't be all that surprising.
As of the moment of posting, there's no other source of "reactions in Japanese" that in Yaraon, so don't persecute me.

As for Fushimi choosing to go with a similar premise... I expected more from Fushimi as a light novel author. Clinging on to something that works isn't really a commendable thing for an author, who is supposed to write what he wants and not care about all else. I felt that Fushimi was threatened by Miki to spit out another work with a similar premise or get canned.

Old 2013-10-08, 00:33   Link #4258
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
As for Fushimi choosing to go with a similar premise... I expected more from Fushimi as a light novel author. Clinging on to something that works isn't really a commendable thing for an author, who is supposed to write what he wants and not care about all else. I felt that Fushimi was threatened by Miki to spit out another work with a similar premise or get canned.
I think that's a pretty huge assumption you're making. I doubt at this point he's at any risk of being "canned"; even if he were, there are other publishers out there who'd definitely take him. It could simply be that this was an idea he had while writing his previous story, and thought he wanted to do his next story with this twist. There's no reason to believe he's being forced or coerced in any way. And besides, we really don't know just how similar it's going to actually be when it comes down to it.

Many talented and successful writers, artists, and musicians have spent their entire careers sticking to one genre/style. Broad diversity is not a requirement as long as the execution keeps people coming back.
Old 2013-10-09, 17:10   Link #4259
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

OFFTOPIC

About all the back mouthing and everything about the story. I've been seeing the Extra Animated commentary, done in the DVD/BD first Season and it show, some parts from the real Manami (explained by Koruneko words and Ayase later) and also Kanako (Ayase also later in another volume) saying to Kyousuke that both his real and Kirino real feelings. The author simply left the hints everywhere, during the story and in the special animated commentary.

It really helped to fill some gaps. I may say that everyone should see them (also Kyousuke/Kirino father is a pervert against Kirino... Just see the commentary...) and give some good laughs about it! The author left everything to the viewers opinion, but the hints are there, only the ones that can't see this as a fiction work really do not catch it!

Now back to the topic, I will also wait for the release of this "supposed" new work to judge it! But looking to the bad mouthing he was already getting, he was just throwing "gasoline to the fire"... AGAIN!

Last edited by Black Phoenix; 2013-10-09 at 18:38.
Black Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:24   Link #4260
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
About all the back mouthing and everything about the story. I've been seeing the Extra Animated commentary, done in the DVD/BD first Season and it show, some parts from the real Manami (explained by Koruneko words and Ayase later) and also Kanako (Ayase also later in another volume) saying to Kyousuke that both his real and Kirino real feelings. The author simply left the hints everywhere, during the story and in the special animated commentary.

It really helped to fill some gaps. I may say that everyone should see them (also Kyousuke/Kirino father is a pervert against Kirino... Just see the commentary...) and give some good laughs about it! The author left everything to the viewers opinion, but the hints are there, only the ones that can't see this as a fiction work really do not catch it!
Well to be honest we all know that they will get married for real eventually, they just staged this for now because they are still kids ( in their parents eyes ) and they still pretty much depends on their parents. They surely continued their relationship in secret and when they were both old enough they got married in some other country and start living together ( this was hinted to happen in the entire show, people were just mad for not seeing the entire story to the very end ).

But about their dad... now that is something I didn't think of at all. I always see him as 'overly protected dad' but never a pervert XD
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings