AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 21:13   Link #101
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Roberto from Galilei Donna was on of the main reasons I stuck with the show. As boring as the other characters were and as disinterested as I was in the anime, Roberto had this...thing about him, to elaborate more, he was one of those heartless antagonists that would kill plenty of innocent people, men, women and children without hesitation and show no sign of bother after.

....but unfortunately, the outcome of that character was very, unlike him, and ruined the entire anime for me.

Jormungand was a good show on it's own two feet, but Koko herself was what made some of the scenes in that anime, whenever things started getting a bit low or boring, she would bring out something new to feed you entertainment. I liked her comedic serious side if that makes sense haha, she was pretty much the description of someone that can look harmless but can be very dangerous 10 hours before you even realized she looked harmless, it's her sinister planning that does it
Old 2014-01-09, 03:06   Link #102
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Reiko Tamura from Parasyte.

She. Entirely. On her own, elevated that manga from good to masterpiece.
Old 2014-01-09, 04:31   Link #103
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Character that made me drop a series:

Tomoko Kuroki: I started watching Watamote because of its good reviews, it was funny for the first few episodes to actualy watch the life of the butt monkey of a show instead of the special unique little snowflake MC, but after the one with the vacuum hickies it became more painful than fun, i often found myself pausing scenes for over 15 minutes because of the awkwardness of it all, so in the end i had to dropped it.

Minorin: I had to drop Toradorabecause of Minorin character, i just couldn't stand the constant obfuscating stupidity(tv tropes ruined my life) facade she put up, because she didn't know whom she loved the most, either the MC or the main heroine.

As for character that made me watch a series, there's the obvious ones like L, 8man The Dark Knight, etc.
Special mention to Satsuki from KoiChoco, who allowed me to stand that clusterfuck of a show, i just didn't know what was i watching, either some spy/political drama or some ridiculous harem, i would have just threw my hands in the air and said to hell with it if it wasn't for her character, even tough i still can't really tell what was so special about it.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 05:03   Link #104
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

If I may add an input, not to say the whole show revolved around that one character, but he felt like the heart of the series of Outbreak Company. The writing in general was pretty clever and pretty much every characters were endearing. However the dynamics between the various characters and Kanae felt very genuine and pretty humourous. The lead character himself for a shut-in was quite the gentleman and pervert at the same time, that really influenced the atmosphere of the whole series to be very lighthearted and clever. It could have easily been mindless fanservice show but instead this series knew when to restrain itself.
Old 2014-01-27, 21:21   Link #105
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm going to raise a lot of eyebrows here, but whatever.

Shu Ouma from Guilty Crown is too inconsistent with what character had the most impact on him to be called a good character, but damn he made the show worth watching. Far and away better than that mess of a story. Hell, I didn't enjoy Guilty Crown; I enjoyed Shu.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 23:54   Link #106
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
I'm going to raise a lot of eyebrows here, but whatever.

Shu Ouma from Guilty Crown is too inconsistent with what character had the most impact on him to be called a good character, but damn he made the show worth watching. Far and away better than that mess of a story. Hell, I didn't enjoy Guilty Crown; I enjoyed Shu.
I applaud you for having the courage to write this on this site.

I never had a problem with Shu. And, honestly, I found his personal journey pretty interesting, given the many twists and turns it had.

Still, my favorite characters in Guilty Crown would be Hare Menjou and Col. Segai. Hare for being a very well-done "girl next door" type, and Segai for being a highly entertaining antagonist.
Old 2014-01-28, 14:47   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I generally thought the good guys were fairly likeable and interesting (especially Shu) but simply suffered from being in a very poorly written plot. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 15:20   Link #108
LightDragonman

That one special character huh?

Well in that case, I'm gonna have to go with Rei Ayanami. I know a lot of you guys like characters such as Asuka more, but to me, Rei was the most fascinating character in the entire Evangelion series. To me, Rei is the best and more intriguing clone character I've ever seen in all of fiction. At first glance, she does appear to be little more than an unthinking puppet, but as it goes on, there are subtle hints that there is more to her than just that. Not to mention that her upbringing I felt was the most tragic of them all, what with her being an expendable clone and all that, even though she clearly has her own thoughts and feelings. Her relationship with Shinji was another thing I found interesting, as it was through him that she regained her humanity, ultimately sacrificing herself to save him.

Really, Rei, to me at least, brings up every ethical and philosophical dilemma in regards to cloning. If a clone can indeed think and feel for itself, than what right do we have to view them as nothing but tools?

So yeah, Rei's my special character. She's my one and only waifu.
LightDragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 15:23   Link #109
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Even though it seemed like it came out of nowhere, Shu becoming a cold hearted dictator was a first for the "everything average high school student" character type MC. I really liked this change of pace for once.

Sadly his class- and schoolmates ruined that. "Hey he saved us all from this terrible situation, but because he seemed cold hearted we have to kill him now, after we were finally rescued. Of course we waited until he managed to save us, because else it would look like we were all just emotionally driven, instead of evil, unemphatizing, ungrateful pricks!"

Seriously, that scene where they all turned against him was the worst kind of writing I ever saw in anime, I really cannot remember anything that comes even close to this BS.
Old 2014-01-28, 17:55   Link #110
Dawnstorm

Neneko from Dear S. Dear S is a decently entertaining show if you like the genre. I'm not a fan of the genre, and I might not have made it through to the end, if it weren't for Neneko, this dishevelled, droopy eyed, glasses wearing, attentive childhood friend. I'm just fond of her. She makes the show for me.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 20:36   Link #111
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I applaud you for having the courage to write this on this site.

I never had a problem with Shu. And, honestly, I found his personal journey pretty interesting, given the many twists and turns it had.

Still, my favorite characters in Guilty Crown would be Hare Menjou and Col. Segai. Hare for being a very well-done "girl next door" type, and Segai for being a highly entertaining antagonist.
Well, I've calmed down after that story and in hindsight Shu's different reactions to certain people start to make sense. But there's a relationship he has with a certain character that doesn't make sense even then (or what he thinks of this character).

As for antagonists, that's not how you spell Daryl.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 04:02   Link #112
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Last season I found a show breaker for me, Fino from Yuushibu. She was just unbelievably stupid, and naive to a point I couldn't take it and found it very annoying rather than cute or innocent plus those traits leading her to often fanservice moments for her just made it worse, making her the reason I dropped it, despite rest of cast being decent-ish.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 21:12   Link #113
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Felli Loss from Chrome Shelled Regios. While the series has good characters in general, Felli is just way to great. How many time have you seen this wonderful mix of Tsudere and Kuudere?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 23:44   Link #114
rladls716

This maybe be weird but, character like Kojou Akatsuki from Strike the Blood.
There are many simliar characters like him out there. But I'm putting this character as an example.

It is not because Kojou is a vampire or has some powers that it makes me watch it.
I'm actually fan of its main character's comedic moment.
Some people laugh at the part when Kojou reads Yukina's info on three sizes on a note when Yukina is present, but then it is so fun thinking about when that property is not delivered to Yukina's herself but at Kojou's room number so that it is just wrong for Yukina to be angry and stabbed him.

Of course most of these scenes are at some other animes as well and I watch those series partly because of that character funny scenes.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 00:08   Link #115
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Pretty much half of the reason why I love Valvrave so damn much is the existence of Saki Rukino. When it was 2013, when Valvrave is still airing, I'm pretty much living and breathing Saki where I'm on my iPad outside of my house and on computer inside of my house every second either anticipating every new episode on Crunchyroll to see Saki or posting on the Valvrave's thread here on arguing why Saki is the goddess while everything else compared to her was just trash. Because of her, I first time ever cut school to go home to watch the finale right when it was release and my grade also went down the toilet because of Saki who I can't get it out of my head. During the finale, I was crying like a baby not because of a certain character but because I can't no longer see my beloved Saki...
Old 2014-02-25, 05:04   Link #116
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Tsukiko from Hentai Neko to Warawanai Neko. That's not to say that the show was terrible or anything like that, but more for those episodes where the humor wasn't my taste. So yeah, Tsukiko was the star of the show with her *hnnghhh* factor, her emotionless dere side in contrast to her big sis who grew quickly boring, th vice club president who was a female jerk³ and at times Yokodera's ecchi side which was a hit-or-miss issue for me (sometimes funny, sometimes stupid and forgettable).
Honorable mention to Azuki Azusa
Old 2014-03-07, 09:37   Link #117
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Even though it seemed like it came out of nowhere, Shu becoming a cold hearted dictator was a first for the "everything average high school student" character type MC. I really liked this change of pace for once.

Sadly his class- and schoolmates ruined that. "Hey he saved us all from this terrible situation, but because he seemed cold hearted we have to kill him now, after we were finally rescued. Of course we waited until he managed to save us, because else it would look like we were all just emotionally driven, instead of evil, unemphatizing, ungrateful pricks!"

Seriously, that scene where they all turned against him was the worst kind of writing I ever saw in anime, I really cannot remember anything that comes even close to this BS.
And then we have Valvrave .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 00:56   Link #118
iSuckAtWriting
Impossibly Childlike

Send a message via AIM to iSuckAtWriting
Well, I doubt I would like Legend of the Legendary Heroes much more without her anyway, but Ferris alone brought down the show even further while simultaneously turning a pairing from simple to insufferable. How can a simple character be done so wrong?