Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 11:29   Link #661
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Somewhere between Lupin, the Rurouni remake, and EVOL (though this may be just as much Kawamori having become a complete hack as of recent), my like of Okada from AnoHana and the good parts of HanaIroha, died. It was just bad, man... bad.
Aquarion EVOL is one of the greatest anime that 2012 had to offer. Much better than that godawful original Aquarion.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:59   Link #662
Marina2

Right now,I like this show more than Tari Tari. I like the story (Serious Body swicth plot?? Count me in!!!) , the art and the interaction between characters(what happened in ep.3-4). At this rate, I will like it more than Hyouka soon.

.................................................. ....

About ANN,

I found that ANN is even worst reference than Wiki when you want to find out about ep. count LOL

Many time they listed 12-13 at first then changed to 24-26 later.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:02   Link #663
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
Aquarion EVOL is one of the greatest anime that 2012 had to offer. Much better than that godawful original Aquarion.
Really?

I thought EVOL is included in the category of anime with WTF-plot, WTF-characterization, and cringe-worthy lines. Just like that eye-candy-only anime Guilty Crown . And yes, I agree with you that the original Aquarion is godawful.

Back on topic:
What can I say? Inaba's confession-reply seal the ending of this episode quite nicely. Yup, I too choose to believe that what she confessed is the truth .
Old 2012-07-29, 12:08   Link #664
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

Max Factory Inaban Taichi figure
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yay Inaban fig, but wtf with that pose!?
Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:20   Link #665
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Really?

I thought EVOL is included in the category of anime with WTF-plot, WTF-characterization, and cringe-worthy lines. Just like that eye-candy-only anime Guilty Crown . And yes, I agree with you that the original Aquarion is godawful.
The stupidity actually matters and is integrated fairly well into the plot, though the same way Code Geass's or Commando's cheesiness was. So no, I don't buy the "so bad it's good" argument with it. I didn't care too much about the plot, but I think it's legitimately good the same way Schwarzenegger's movies are considered good.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:26   Link #666
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmko View Post
Max Factory Inaban Taichi figure
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yay Inaban fig, but wtf with that pose!?
Taichi messing around in Inaban's body wwww (episode 3)

Edit: thank y... no wait 666 is bad!

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-07-29 at 12:55.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:42   Link #667
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Congrats on the 666th post, Lantern. :P

And ep4...what the hell rofl. I love this show.

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:44   Link #668
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmko View Post
According do BD relase, then it will most likely be 2 cours (4 BD, 4-6 episodes/BD).

BD 1: Hito random (Body swapping arc)
BD 2: Kizu random
BD 3: Kako random
BD 4: Michi random

Don't trust ANN for total episode count.
don't DVD/BD usually have 3 episodes each which would give exactly 12 episodes (or a single cour)?
Old 2012-07-29, 12:46   Link #669
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Okada was the original writer for Tari Tari, but that was changed somewhere along the way.
Oh thank goodness for that. I can't stand watching another of her series anytime soon.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:57   Link #670
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
don't DVD/BD usually have 3 episodes each which would give exactly 12 episodes (or a single cour)?
Nope. For a one-cour release, usually you'll have 6-7 volumes of 1-2 episodes (6 of 2 and 1 of 1 for a 13 episode series for example). For a two-cour release, that's where you'll see 3 episodes a disc unless you're Kadokawa.

The list posted is incorrect as there are 7 discs scheduled for this release, but they're not all the same price (indicating a difference in the amount of episodes per disc). The first two arcs and the last arc have 2 discs each while the third arc has one disc by itself. Discs 2,4,5 have a higher price than discs 1,3,6,7 so they'll have more episodes. As for right now, we only know that the final arc will have 4 episodes (disc 1 lists two episodes and 6/7 are the same price). If 2,4,5 have 3 episodes on them, then the series will last for 17 episodes.

But wait! Didn't we hear from tvk that they would broadcast 13 episodes? Correct, it's probable that the final arc will be BD/webcast only. (5/5/3 episodes on TV, 4 on streaming/BD)

Edit; here's what I meant in list form:
Disc 1: Episodes 1-2/¥6,300 (Arc 1)
Disc 2: Episodes ?-?/¥8,925 (Arc 1)
Disc 3: Episodes ?-?/¥6,300 (Arc 2)
Disc 4: Episodes ?-?/¥8,925 (Arc 2)
Disc 5: Episodes ?-?/¥8,925 (Arc 3)
Disc 6: Episodes ?-?/¥6,300 (Arc 4)
Disc 7: Episodes ?-?/¥6,300 (Arc 4)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-07-29 at 13:15.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 12:57   Link #671
Arya

I knew it was only one cour and I kinda felt it from the pace of the show so far. What's the point rushing Iori and Inaba in the same episode then.
Not that I'm worried, if it is true it's a really good news.

Anyways, KC is not a SoL, is it? I'm not accustomed to SoL, I didn't watch K-on just to say, but this show has a plot and even character development ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:05   Link #672
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Right now,I like this show more than Tari Tari. I like the story (Serious Body swicth plot?? Count me in!!!) , the art and the interaction between characters(what happened in ep.3-4). At this rate, I will like it more than Hyouka soon.
A kindred soul! On all counts. I do like all three shows.
Quote:
About ANN, I found that ANN is even worst reference than Wiki when you want to find out about ep. count LOL Many time they listed 12-13 at first then changed to 24-26 later.
Episode count is the hardest thing to establish. Official sites never tell. The best source is relentlessflame's blog. He estimates episode counts based on DVD/BD release numbers. For this show he says: "Kokoro Connect (17 Episodes (13 TV+ 4 Blu-Ray/DVD?), 7 BDs/DVDs, 2-3/2-3/3/2-2)." I've never seen a 17-ep show before, and that question mark makes me wonder if there is some doubt.

I think ANN gets a bad rap. I find them at least as accurate about most things as anyone else. And ANN is really a Wiki, too. They get most of their information from people submitting it, I believe. It's like an edited wiki. So when any of us sees something wrong, it's our responsibility to send in a correction. Not that I always do....

@Flawfinder: I'd better take another look at EVOL. I watched the first ep and thought: "Oh no, it's the godawful first season all over again." But I keep hearing good things.

I agree with Pocari_Sweat that Jinrui is the sleeper hit of the season. Unfortunately, I myself don't enjoy it that much. Well-made. Intellectually interesting. Good voices. But it lacks emotional depth, for me. Then again, I like emo, so others' mileage may vary.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:06   Link #673
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I knew it was only one cour and I kinda felt it from the pace of the show so far. What's the point rushing Iori and Inaba in the same episode then.
Not that I'm worried, if it is true it's a really good news.

Anyways, KC is not a SoL, is it? I'm not accustomed to SoL, I didn't watch K-on just to say, but this show has a plot and even character development ...
<--- Was one of those who initially thought it was SoL, and is completely trolled.

No, if this is SoL, K-On would be about brutal struggle of maintaining their club rather than having tea every other episode. Er.... right?

P.S. what I said are made up and has nothing to do with KC story, just a disclaimer
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 19:04   Link #674
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Most people have beaten me to the thread this week. I'm glad to see so much discussion on what (for me anyway) was a bit of a sleeper hit.

A lot is riding on what the plot has in store for Taichi. He could potentially turn me on the whole drama if he turns out to be exactly as together as he acts. Of course, he's not perfect, but his ability thus far to stand as a support pillar for the rest of the cast while giving sound advice beyond his years, and having the strain of it all just roll off of him is getting a little grating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Just stopping by with the question over as to whether or not Inaban was just making stuff up just to troll Taichi when she made that confession or not?
Mean it or not, I think the point is that she said it to him. That shows she's developed a measure of trust for him, because it puts her in a state of vulnerability comparable to the one he put himself in for her. Of course there's no reason whatsoever to doubt that she's telling the truth, but even if she isn't, it's still a powerful gesture coming from her -- not to mention that it's weapons-grade shipping material.

Another note on my feelings on the confessions, since that's the popular topic: I'm gratified that Kokoro Connect is sticking by its promise of testing boundaries within its genre. The implications of the body swapping are that by the time it's over, keeping secrets among one another will be effectively impossible, and rather than just going for the comedy, they're taking a more serious than usual approach to show how a mixed group of students would deal with this reality. Even so, I can't help but feel that the execution was a bit lacking. The dialogue leading in seemed stiff, and over-thought. It also seemed to be an attempt at both comedy and drama at the same time, and it didn't quite hit as hard as it should have in either category.

Having said all of that, I haven't given up on Taichi as a character, and Inaba has been the girl that I found most interesting from the start, so I still got some delight out of the exchange. It was still fairly touching in its implications of a trusting relationship being built, and it was still pretty funny for the shock value. I guess I'd rather listen to someone make a lot of mistakes while attempting a piano concerto than listen to someone totally nail "Chopsticks".
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 21:08   Link #675
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I've been refraining from commenting lest I let out any spoilers, but I'm happy that we'll be able to see up to Michi Random animated. I was afraid they might close shop too early *cough*PapaKiki*cough*.

I'm overall happy with the animated results here, although the director needs to make the monologues more engaging. I really like how the preview is done though. The transition to the ending theme song kicks your anticipation for next week into high gear.
Old 2012-07-29, 22:02   Link #676
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
OMFG the preview. If Iori dies I'm going to cry. She's my favourite character.

Episode 4 was pretty funny. The whole masterbate thing was pretty cute. Everyone is falling for Taichi.
Old 2012-07-29, 22:14   Link #677
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
OMFG the preview. If Iori dies I'm going to cry. She's my favourite character.

Episode 4 was pretty funny. The whole masterbate thing was pretty cute. Everyone is falling for Taichi.
I don't think that is too likely, as Iori is a major character in the series and contributes to some of the comedic elements of the series, Kokoro Connect just wouldn't be the same without her.

Also, if a series is going to kill off a main character, They usually don't mention in the previews of the next episode. Usually it is more of a surprise twist, like Mami's
death in Madoka.

BTW, sorry for any mistakes, I am posting this on my Ipad.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 23:20   Link #678
broken270
Defying gravity

^I'd spoiler the second statement, just in case.

Anyway, it's interesting how a thing like body-switching can be turned into something serious rather than the usual kicks for laughter. On that note, I applaud Kokoro Concent. I am still not feeling much for any of the characters, sad to say. Yui's problem felt more realistic impact-wise last episode than the two presented in today's case. Maybe it is the execution of how they do it is what is getting me not connecting to them. They are indeed serious issues, but all of them feel one-dimensional so far. Maybe the next episode will do something for me.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 23:35   Link #679
Seiryuu

I haven't read the LNs, or the manga past vol 1, so I don't know, but I'm a little worried about where this is going to go with Iori. The pv seems to suggest that Iori's in for some major trouble next ep, and please someone reassure me that the pv title isn't referring to her. I doubt it, she's too big of a character for even the worst of shows. Still, it looks like it's going to be really bad. Considering her concerns, my biggest worry is that Taichi's promise will come back to bite him. He shouldn't have said he'd always know that it's her. One brief mistaken identity will be all it takes to break that, and anyway how much good will it do to say I know you when up until now the "you" I knew was a facade and you have no idea how much, if any, was real?

I think maybe he should have focused more on her fear of losing herself and fading away. Rather than declaring positive certainty of her identity, it might have been better to tell her that if she gets lost he'd come and find her; that no matter how long it took, or how far gone she became, he'd find her and bring her back, and would never give up on that. That seems like a safer promise, and a more reassuring one imho.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 23:36   Link #680
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
^I'd spoiler the second statement, just in case.

Anyway, it's interesting how a thing like body-switching can be turned into something serious rather than the usual kicks for laughter. On that note, I applaud Kokoro Concent. I am still not feeling much for any of the characters, sad to say. Yui's problem felt more realistic impact-wise last episode than the two presented in today's case. Maybe it is the execution of how they do it is what is getting me not connecting to them. They are indeed serious issues, but all of them feel one-dimensional so far. Maybe the next episode will do something for me.
I blame the K-on aesthetics. It's so hard for me to look past them and take anything with those K-on eyes and expressions seriously. But (at least with this show), I'm trying, as it seems Kokoro Connect does want to try to be a serious show!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life