Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 01:29   Link #3261
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I actually liked Nunnally's poem. LOL, maybe I didn't do it enough justice? The bit about cherishing everything dearly. Yes, C.C.'s poem is almost dark, which is why I can see how some 2chers are complaining.
Haha, i did not say that i did not like it. xD
It is just, i don't know, Kallen's poem unexpectedly touched me the most among the rest, maybe because it was not focused only on her love for Lelouch, but had the part about her life-discarding at some point. {though that had relevance to Lelouch as well but still..} Family-bonds usually touch me more than romantic ones, but this time, ah, Nunally failed i guess? Or Kallen's was so much emotional. I don;t know how to explain it. {maybe it was the fact it was posted first, idk}

C.C's is a bit dark, i will admit that. It is like, sadistic and yet not. It is peculiar, i mean, till we get full translation with all the lines {not that i imply you have not done a great work, thanks a bunch again} i might have to hold my opinion about it.

btw, Shirley's is about romance, shouldn't that technically get posted in the romance thread? Just so there are no "biased" labels. Kallen's might have been more explicit for.. well the reasons that were posted, feel no need to re-post them, but still, Shirley's is about it as well.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:50   Link #3262
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
btw, Shirley's is about romance, shouldn't that technically get posted in the romance thread? Just so there are no "biased" labels. Kallen's might have been more explicit for.. well the reasons that were posted, feel no need to re-post them, but still, Shirley's is about it as well.
Leave it to moi
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 02:22   Link #3263
blottyparchment

Quote:

C.C's is a bit dark, i will admit that. It is like, sadistic and yet not. It is peculiar, i mean, till we get full translation with all the lines {not that i imply you have not done a great work, thanks a bunch again} i might have to hold my opinion about it.

LOL. As I've said, even C.C.'s poem is being difficult with me and it had to be the first poem I tackled after Kallen's. It might be good to see other people's takes on the poem, but we have to wait a bit more until the scans get posted.

Go ahead, copypasta Shirley's poem and you might as well throw in Nunnally's, since it takes the cake for line-enders ("I love you.").
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 02:55   Link #3264
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
LOL. As I've said, even C.C.'s poem is being difficult with me and it had to be the first poem I tackled after Kallen's. It might be good to see other people's takes on the poem, but we have to wait a bit more until the scans get posted.
Well, it IS C.C afterall, she has the weirdest and most philosophical monologues during the series, her poem would be no different, that is for sure.
I like a lot the title of her poem btw.
Old 2009-01-17, 05:15   Link #3265
azul120

Which LJ has Rolo's poem translated?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 09:06   Link #3266
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Omg, I love the poems. q.q

*hugs Suzaku* I especially like the "because you are crude" part. They are just so... aw!
And the title of C.C.'s one... *gives her a hug, too*

Thanks for sharing. *-*
Old 2009-01-17, 09:48   Link #3267
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

I like a lot the title of her poem btw.
Same here. I LOVE the title

Quote:
More poems from the Complete Best. These translations are still far from perfect, but feel free to point out any odd lines you might find. I am still revising them. I can't provide scans just yet, as I'm still asking permission from pink-chan. Thanks pink-chan.

Pink-chan did Suzaku's poem. I only modified it a bit.

Spoiler for World End - Suzaku:

Spoiler for O2 - Shirley:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, you only ended up slipping through my hands.
This line took me a while to figure out. See if I'm right in this line of thinking: Glass=slippery. Shirley is trying to catch up to Lelouch but she keeps slipping down that slope. And when she does catch up, he's already gone.

There's also another version of that line I considered, which is more close to the original Japanese text:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, we only passed by each other.

Just wanted to point out that the beginning of Shirley's poem starts with 'asa mo yoru mo...' just like the song, O2.

Spoiler for Mosaic Kakera - Nunnally:

This poem sounds creepily incestuous. And for those who are wondering, Nunnally doesn't use oniisama or 'Lelouch' anywhere in the poem. She addresses Lelouch anata 'you' all throughout. It's almost in the tone of a woman adressing a dearly beloved man, arguably a lover.

The line about 'piecing together a mosaic' seems to have been inspired by the song, Mosaic Kakera, itself.

Spoiler for Waga Routashi Aku no Hana - C.C.:

The only line I am really unsure of is,
'Now, I am too pitiful. But therefore, I am lovely.'
(今、私は、いたいたしすぎるがゆえに愛しい。)

Anyone here who can help me?

C.C.'s poem is quite cryptic and as dec said, deep. Some 2chers get the idea that C.C. is indirectly referring to Lelouch as 'My Lelouch' because C.C. refers to Lelouch as an elegent flower = My Elegant Flower of Evil = My Lelouch. Also, some 2chers are unsatisfied with her poem for certain reasons.

Rolo's poem has already been translated on lj. Other poems like Kaguya's, Charles-V.V.'s, and Milly-Rivalz' are soon to follow.
Thanks a lot to you and Miss Pink-chan . Still can't rep you at the moment though. Well, as you said, Nunnally's poem sounds incestuous . Well... I should not be surprised since Lelouch also "loved" Euphie <_<

>_>

I also love Suzaku and C.C.'s poems . There was also a Rivalz and Milly's poem, no ? I chuckled when I read that (IIRC) "they hope lelouch is still alive, somewhere" XD.

Suzaku also seems to say that the dead people go to the world of C. So World of C is the afterlife after all?

I posted the line from C.C.'s poem there: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...82#post2165882

I didn't know there was such a thread on AS. Gonna post some other sentences from code geass materials there

Last edited by Narona; 2009-01-17 at 09:59.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 11:26   Link #3268
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I had just added in scans Ms Blotty had translated for us. Thank you Ms Blotty!

Quote:
More poems from the Complete Best. These translations are still far from perfect, but feel free to point out any odd lines you might find. I am still revising them. I can't provide scans just yet, as I'm still asking permission from pink-chan. Thanks pink-chan.

Pink-chan did Suzaku's poem. I only modified it a bit.

Spoiler for World End - Suzaku:

Spoiler for O2 - Shirley:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, you only ended up slipping through my hands.
This line took me a while to figure out. See if I'm right in this line of thinking: Glass=slippery. Shirley is trying to catch up to Lelouch but she keeps slipping down that slope. And when she does catch up, he's already gone.

There's also another version of that line I considered, which is more close to the original Japanese text:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, we only passed by each other.

Just wanted to point out that the beginning of Shirley's poem starts with 'asa mo yoru mo...' just like the song, O2.

Spoiler for Mosaic Kakera - Nunnally:

This poem sounds creepily incestuous. And for those who are wondering, Nunnally doesn't use oniisama or 'Lelouch' anywhere in the poem. She addresses Lelouch anata 'you' all throughout. It's almost in the tone of a woman adressing a dearly beloved man, arguably a lover.

The line about 'piecing together a mosaic' seems to have been inspired by the song, Mosaic Kakera, itself.

Spoiler for Waga Routashi Aku no Hana - C.C.:

The only line I am really unsure of is,
'Now, I am too pitiful. But therefore, I am lovely.'
(今、私は、いたいたしすぎるがゆえに愛しい。)

Anyone here who can help me?

C.C.'s poem is quite cryptic and as dec said, deep. Some 2chers get the idea that C.C. is indirectly referring to Lelouch as 'My Lelouch' because C.C. refers to Lelouch as an elegent flower = My Elegant Flower of Evil = My Lelouch. Also, some 2chers are unsatisfied with her poem for certain reasons.

Rolo's poem has already been translated on lj. Other poems like Kaguya's, Charles-V.V.'s, and Milly-Rivalz' are soon to follow.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 17:22   Link #3269
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Hmm I didn't really saw Nunally's poem as incestuous, it gave me more of a feeling of a mature Nunally; She seems to have really grown up in this poem and is no more talking to Lelouch as his sweet and little sister; More as his sister who had to path through really hard moments.

That's why I think her love for him seems there more mature, I don't feel this as somthing incestuous. It's a really beautiful poem anyway, it really makes me crave for a last Kallen/Nunnally interaction in the last PD.

About CC's one I don't feel it as sadistic, more as a way to show us how Lelouch heals her without she really noticed that. Thus the "she felts better while his wounds were deeper"; Though in a way, to be happy to see him sharing her loneliness while it hurts him can be seen as kinda twisted. But well I don't think the point was really there.
Nice poem but I'm kinda disappointed, I was hoping for something better, or more emotional. (In a way where she could have spoke about what he gave to her, for the future, I would have liked it)

Shirley's well...sad. Like I said in the romance thread, this line "Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, you only ended up slipping through my hands." as always been my feeling about Shirley/Lulu so I'm even more touched by the line since it was the feeling I get. But well it's even more sad.

Suzaku's one is nice too, even if like CC's I was maybe waiting for something deeper who really talked about him, but it's still fine like that. The "no longer cry" reminds me someone, and the poem gives me a really nice Athrun/Kira vibes.

BTW the choice of the pics took my attention; I can't help but think it doesn't fit very well with the poems; But that's maybe because I first saw Kallen's one which was sad and fit with her frail and closed face.

It seems those are finally more of pics to reminds the start of CG finally. A sort of contrast with those ending poems.

Kallen and Nunally's = Favorite. Though the famous Shirley's line made me really like the thing, Those two really touch me, maybe because Kallen is my favourite character and I loved those sad thoughts about her past (Shame on you CG staff for have never explained her BG >_<) as well as the whole thing about Lelouch and because I loved how Nunally was expressing her love in such a mature way. Anyway those two are awesome.
As usual, Thanks for your work Blotty.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 17:49   Link #3270
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

About CC's one I don't feel it as sadistic, more as a way to show us how Lelouch heals her without she really noticed that. Thus the "she felts better while his wounds were deeper"; Though in a way, to be happy to see him sharing her loneliness while it hurts him can be seen as kinda twisted. But well I don't think the point was really there.
Nice poem but I'm kinda disappointed, I was hoping for something better, or more emotional. (In a way where she could have spoke about what he gave to her, for the future, I would have liked it)
It is twisted. And it is on character to be like this, i mean, afterall, C.C is not a "normal" person. She has been treated like witch in the past and has being going on for decades experiencing solitude and loneliness.
So, seeing Lelouch suffering, is healing for her, for the reasons she states on the poem. On one hand, the "human-ish", this can be seen as bad and sadistic.

On the other hand, the not-so-human-ish, taking into account C.C's past and stuff, and i think this is the point of the whole "twisted" concept i mentioned, is that she found a "companion" to share this suffering and burden. Someone equal. And i also think, this is the theme of C.CxLelouch relationship as well. From both sides.

Btw, i just saw the pictures, i can't say i really like the choice for most of them. Kallen's was certainly the best one, captivated the bitterness of her poem. The other ones, are kinda, out of it, if i can say this.
Old 2009-01-17, 18:07   Link #3271
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I had a little discussion with someone on MSN, about Suzaku's poem.

So I also ask the question here: What do you think the World of C is?

Is it how they call the afterlife in Code Geass? Or only the people in relation to Geass go there?
Old 2009-01-17, 18:13   Link #3272
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I had a little discussion with someone on MSN, about Suzaku's poem.

So I also ask the question here: What do you think the World of C is?

Is it how they call the afterlife in Code Geass? Or only the people in relation to Geass go there?
Well since the show ended I've been thinking of it as a realm where the will of mankind is projected. Not necessarily an afterlife.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:03   Link #3273
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well since the show ended I've been thinking of it as a realm where the will of mankind is projected. Not necessarily an afterlife.
What bugs me is that line from Suzaku

Quote:
Lelouch, can you hear me in the World of C?
He seems to see the World of C as a place where Lelouch went when he died. And that the Lelouch he knew is there now.

It sounds like a kind of heaven XD
Old 2009-01-17, 19:04   Link #3274
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
What bugs me is that line from Suzaku

He seems to see the World of C as a place where Lelouch went when he died. And that the Lelouch he knew is there now.

Well if it is an afterlife I believe that its probably only for users of Geass.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:07   Link #3275
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Haha, Lelouch would go to heaven then? xD [unless he IS God afterall |D}

Srsly now, i don;t know for sure, it seems the world of C is a complicated complex kind of thing.
My closest interpretation is what GuidoHunter_Toki mentioned.

In the ZR-explaining scenes, Suzaku told Lelouch ::
"in the world of C, we learned that people do wish for tomorrow"
People that are "dead" can't wish no more. So i say, it is more of place, collecting the thoughts and wishes of people.
Old 2009-01-17, 19:10   Link #3276
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I love these poems! Where's Rolo's? I'm trying to track it down but I can't find it!
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:16   Link #3277
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I love these poems! Where's Rolo's? I'm trying to track it down but I can't find it!
http://community.livejournal.com/cod...slation:others

If you scroll down, it's the fifth entry, I think. o.o

I was a bit disappointed that Rolo's poem apparently doesn't differ much from his character song...
But it's still cute. *hugs*
Old 2009-01-17, 19:28   Link #3278
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Omg! ;_; I love it!
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:30   Link #3279
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Haha, Lelouch would go to heaven then? xD [unless he IS God afterall |D}

Srsly now, i don;t know for sure, it seems the world of C is a complicated complex kind of thing.
My closest interpretation is what GuidoHunter_Toki mentioned.

In the ZR-explaining scenes, Suzaku told Lelouch ::
"in the world of C, we learned that people do wish for tomorrow"
People that are "dead" can't wish no more. So i say, it is more of place, collecting the thoughts and wishes of people.
Well, what I dislike about the Collective Unconsciousness (you're talking about that, right? ) in code geass is that it seems to be one antity.

I personally like to think that in the world of C, Lelouch is still Lelouch. But it's more a preference than an opinion based on the show itself....

But I could be wrong. In that scene from Turn 15, who are those people/masks who are talking to Lelouch? Dead people from the World of C / Collective Unconsciousness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
http://community.livejournal.com/cod...slation:others

If you scroll down, it's the fifth entry, I think. o.o

I was a bit disappointed that Rolo's poem apparently doesn't differ much from his character song...
But it's still cute. *hugs*
Do you know where I could find Rivalz/Milly's poem? ^o^ (translated of course)
Old 2009-01-17, 19:36   Link #3280
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Well, what I dislike about the Collective Unconsciousness (you're talking about that, right? ) in code geass is that it seems to be one antity.

I personally like to think that in the world of C, Lelouch is still Lelouch. But it's more a preference than an opinion based on the show itself....
*nods her head to that*

Quote:
But I could be wrong. In that scene from Turn 15, who are those people/masks who are talking to Lelouch? Dead people from the World of C / Collective Unconsciousness?
Actually, I never thought much of them... they were jus there. And I don't think the staff ever elaborated on that.

Quote:
Do you know where I could find Rivalz/Milly's poem? ^o^ (translated of course)
Sorry, I'm looking for that myself.
Maybe it hasn't beeen translated yet?
Anyway, if someone has it somewhere... I'll give them an epic hug. xD

I want Rivalz and Milly! q.q
*hugs them*