AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-13, 23:03   Link #7801
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Technically, all Index have are 'copies' and not the 'original'. Think of it as Index has the blueprint but not the real thing, or a body that has no mind/soul attached. The grimoires are harmless in her since she supposedly have no mana inside her, and so are not 'alive' to spread itself.
Still, those are the "original scrypt" from the grimoires and yet she can access to their knowledge.

Jhoan's pen is a mistery.

I didn't noticed this before:
Quote:
For Sugitani who took a few bullets, he lost consciousness but is still breathing heavily.
He is alive
Old 2011-02-13, 23:07   Link #7802
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But if any magicians actually tries to read her mind, the grimoire would spread in them Like what happened with Yamisaka? Is that the general idea?

(If Index does not have any natural magic within her, what exactly is the Pen mode? Why can she use magic in that mode?)

And Alex Mercer? Hard to compute

One more chapter to go! And this one is the biggest!

NO REST! WORK!
Well, if Yamisaka (or any other magician) does read it they'll poison themselves, but not necessarily pass it on. Grimoires are self-sustaining magic circles in a sense that seeks to replicate itself, and without a physical form I don't think it can do much.

Of course, that's just my speculation.

As for 'Johann's Pen' mode, that's why I said 'supposedly'. Since 'no mana' is the reason they gave for Index not being affected by grimoires, but yet she can cast things like Dragon's Breath... I say Index having no mana is total baloney. Maybe Index's mind is programmed to separate mana from certain parts of her brain that holds information?

And as for 'Alex Mercer':
Spoiler for Protoype:

Then again, Index can make copies of Grimoires without any problem, since having 'no mana' means magic won't be leaked and a 'original' copy is made accidently. Index being something like 'Alex Mercer' might be a bit of a stretch

And I'm not planning to do anymore translating for now. I might get back into it when the next Volume comes out, but for the time being I'm not doing translating for a while.
Old 2011-02-13, 23:35   Link #7803
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And as for 'Alex Mercer':
[SPOILER="Protoype"]

Then again, Index can make copies of Grimoires without any problem, since having 'no mana' means magic won't be leaked and a 'original' copy is made accidently. Index being something like 'Alex Mercer' might be a bit of a stretch
Index can project magic circles from her eyes, I wonder how dangerous can be to any other magician if they try to understand them.
Old 2011-02-14, 02:08   Link #7804
TouMAN

Quote:

And as a aside: I finished my parts for Vol19, if anyone's interested.

Link here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e_19_Chapter_3
hell of course I am interested.
thx

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-02-14, 03:36   Link #7805
ramlaen

something of interest http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1103.php
Old 2011-02-14, 03:54   Link #7806
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
well thats what google translator says xD

The absence of global Kamiziyou Touma. He kept betting their lives, there was a variety of comfortable everyday people a variety.

Right seat of the Orthodox dark god of Rome, one of the last World War III is caused Fiamma from Russia, he was terminated by the Kamizyou Touma. He, along with the disappearance.
Here the world does not exist Kamiziyou Touma.
Magic is better side restructuring proceeded, the believers were visited every day of the rest.
Headquarter in the city school science side, the strongest one-way psychics, Darkness [hands off, he spent the extra ordinary individuals with mild or even 打Chi止Me noisy. There is not even the shadow of the [group].
The inability of the beach face finish out the original skill, got Russia to Pocket Darkness [negotiations with the material, silk flags, waterfall, and back to New Kita Mugino with [item], formed a work resume.
[We] are graduates from the Darkness, they got the peace. ─ ─ [students] are atrocious, to appear before them.

well I think we know that much already so nothing new

Old 2011-02-14, 04:14   Link #7807
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
IT'S HERE! THE NEW COVER !

...Is that... Bardway ?!
Old 2011-02-14, 04:33   Link #7808
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Looks too energetic to be Bardway. Maybe it's Patricia? Maybe it's Fre nda's sister? Maybe it's Fre-nda put back together?

But whoever it is, it looks like it's gonna be one heck of a ride.
Old 2011-02-14, 04:44   Link #7809
faiz blaster

Actually, she kinds of resembles Frenda...

Still, given the "ojou-sama" vibes, I am more inclined to believe that is the mysterious Queen of Tokiwadai.
Old 2011-02-14, 04:53   Link #7810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Looks too energetic to be Bardway. Maybe it's Patricia? Maybe it's Fre nda's sister? Maybe it's Fre-nda put back together?

But whoever it is, it looks like it's gonna be one heck of a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Still, given the "ojou-sama" vibes, I am more inclined to believe that is the mysterious Queen of Tokiwadai.
She looks too young to be a middle schooler.

I'm not too familiar with Bardway's character, but side by side, she really looks alot like her... And hair and clothes style...

Quote:
Actually, she kinds of resembles Frenda...
It's the beret
Old 2011-02-14, 05:59   Link #7811
faiz blaster

In a world where we can find a loli teacher and an adult-like 14 years-old priest, a childish middle-schooler actually sounds pretty plausible (and closer to normal )
Old 2011-02-14, 07:47   Link #7812
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Looks too energetic to be Bardway. Maybe it's Patricia?
Yeah, her kind of clothin makes me think of Bardway.

Quote:
Maybe it's Fre nda's sister? Maybe it's Fre-nda put back together?
;_;

Quote:
In a world where we can find a loli teacher and an adult-like 14 years-old priest, a childish middle-schooler actually sounds pretty plausible (and closer to normal )
No, it has the be the extreme of each one.

If you are too young you have to look like an adult.
If you are too old you have to look very young like a child.
Old 2011-02-14, 08:05   Link #7813
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
IT'S HERE! THE NEW COVER !

...Is that... Bardway ?!
Kazuma Kamachi once said Bardway is his favorite character.

Anyways, maybe Accel, Shiage and Bardway will become the badass equivalent to the delta force?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-02-14, 08:56   Link #7814
tsunade666

Looks to me that accel and shaige are taking care of a troublesome loli.

so the freshman looks a lot like fre-nda. The hair and beret said so but she is cut in half. Unless Touma did something before he vanish I don't see her coming back.

For bardway...... her hair is too long. Unless it's a few months past or... I'm not sure. I don't know how long a girl's hair grow.

Maybe she's patricia.
Old 2011-02-14, 09:12   Link #7815
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well there's nothing indicating that she must be the evil 'freshman' that was hinted at...
Old 2011-02-14, 09:13   Link #7816
TouMAN

I just hope Touma appears in NT (New Testament)

without him there is no point in reading it

Old 2011-02-14, 09:32   Link #7817
tsunade666

touma will never appear in the new testament or at least the vol 1 of new testament. Then the whole this world where kamijou touma doesn't exist doesn't had any meaning if he shows up.
Old 2011-02-14, 09:38   Link #7818
TouMAN

But what if ``he`` is not Kamijou Touma anymore ?
would that rule then still apply ?

Old 2011-02-14, 09:52   Link #7819
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay I'm a bit of a latecomer to all this stuff about this "New Testament" volume, but what's going on? So this isn't volume 23 coming out on March 10th? If not, when is 23 coming out?

I just think the author could have chosen a better time than on such a big cliffhanger to start up on what sounds like side stories. I didn't expect Touma to show back up right at the start of 23 (in fact like many others I expected his return to be another cliffhanger at the end of volume 23), but it almost sounds like we're leaving Touma entirely.........
Old 2011-02-14, 10:05   Link #7820
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Okay I'm a bit of a latecomer to all this stuff about this "New Testament" volume, but what's going on? So this isn't volume 23 coming out on March 10th? If not, when is 23 coming out?

I just think the author could have chosen a better time than on such a big cliffhanger to start up on what sounds like side stories. I didn't expect Touma to show back up right at the start of 23 (in fact like many others I expected his return to be another cliffhanger at the end of volume 23), but it almost sounds like we're leaving Touma entirely.........
You could say that Vo.23 is New Testament.

The story beginns right after World War 3 so there is no cliffhanger

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen