Old 2011-02-17, 04:30   Link #2301
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

its a SUNDAE!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:32   Link #2302
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Don't get me wrong, he's the hero of the series his mech should be powerful. However, in other mech series the character is handicapped by either his own skill or the mech's disabilities (i.e. - it can only fight for a specific amount of time, or it can only use close range attacks). Takuto/Tauburn is all powerful, he has tremendous skill and an outrageously powerful cybody. Because of that you know he's going to win every fight, so there's no urgency or desperation.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:58   Link #2303
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, let's hope that will change, at least for the final episodes... Takuto in a pinch.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:12   Link #2304
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

their are lot of times when Takuto and Tauburn could have lose the battle though, like episodes where Sugata help him out with the King's Pillar, and that episode where Professor Green with her cybody predicting Takuto's movements ahead of time, so this are the reason i dont see Tauburn as invincible or can do everything
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:54   Link #2305
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think the reason why Takuto hasn't lost yet it because it would be really hard to explain how he got Tauburn repaired, it's not as if he could sneak into the lab and borrow one of the cyber caskets for repairs after all. But, theory time, I suspect that the Crux is going to break Keito and Wako's marks at the same time and for that Takuto pretty much has to lose for that to happen. And Professor Silver said that in the fourth phase they can probably recover the cybodies without the cybercaskets/risk to the driver so I think that's when Takuto will probably lose a fight.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 19:22   Link #2306
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think the reason why Takuto hasn't lost yet it because it would be really hard to explain how he got Tauburn repaired, it's not as if he could sneak into the lab and borrow one of the cyber caskets for repairs after all.
Especially now considering the fact they got destroyed :P

I'm sure there has to be some way it'd be possible though... Wouldn't be the first time a show made an explanation out of nowhere

EDIT: BTW is there any other groups subbing this that are up the latest eps and get the new ones done quickly? honestly I really don't like gg....

Last edited by RiderLeangle; 2011-02-17 at 22:27.
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 00:07   Link #2307
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
You know what guys, This the show where the voice cast from Gundam Seed, Code Geass & Gundam 00 in a bnender. *Blends* I'm kinda like i'm nitpicking here but here's the Current VA so far & tell me what it's reminds you off:

Spoiler for Watch Gundam & Code Geass Much?:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-18 at 00:38.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 02:52   Link #2308
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
EDIT: BTW is there any other groups subbing this that are up the latest eps and get the new ones done quickly? honestly I really don't like gg....
Their translation is good, so just watch wuth them.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 02:58   Link #2309
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
Their translation is good, so just watch wuth them.
Depends on your tastes, in the last episode they translated "I am going to the toilet" as "I will take a piss"
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 03:13   Link #2310
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
Depends on your tastes, in the last episode they translated "I am going to the toilet" as "I will take a piss"
That's because he's using "ore" instead of "watashi" or "boku".
Old 2011-02-18, 03:43   Link #2311
RiderLeangle

Well it's a matter of preference really... Granted I prefer something that doesn't touch name order and some things in the show seem like a forced translation.. My biggest complaint is how they leave in a commercial that's nothing special... something about that just really bugs me and strikes me as really unprofessional...
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 03:48   Link #2312
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
Well it's a matter of preference really... Granted I prefer something that doesn't touch name order and some things in the show seem like a forced translation..
Same here, they could just add a TL note. I do not mind them trolling (e.g. ep.18 rape implication), but some times they take it too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
My biggest complaint is how they leave in a commercial that's nothing special... something about that just really bugs me and strikes me as really unprofessional...
I don't mind the ads, you can skip them since they have chapters.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:43   Link #2313
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
Same here, they could just add a TL note
TL note is an excuse for poor translators
But I agree, it's a matter of preference.
Old 2011-02-18, 10:30   Link #2314
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Quote:
Interesting ... no wonder then that the majority of the female anime population is either fujoshi or yuri, since we rude men "take a piss", while their polite boys "go to the toilet"

Quote:
TL note is an excuse for poor translators

Quote:
But I agree, it's a matter of preference.
I can not really disagree here

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-02-18 at 10:45.
Old 2011-02-18, 10:43   Link #2315
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Wasn't "I'm going to take a shit" or something like that? I was horrified by seeing Sugata doing that.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:09   Link #2316
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Wasn't "I'm going to take a shit" or something like that? I was horrified by seeing Sugata doing that.
Oh I loved that I lol'd so hard, i had to catch my breath.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:50   Link #2317
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Watched the first 3 eps, I don't get it. Monster of the week with anorexic mechs? Is this why people are calling it fall's best anime?
Old 2011-02-18, 14:58   Link #2318
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
That was the translation I saw and, even though Sugata really wasn't himself there, it still felt pretty out of place in the series to see someone causally cursing like that.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 16:25   Link #2319
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Watched the first 3 eps, I don't get it. Monster of the week with anorexic mechs? Is this why people are calling it fall's best anime?
To be fair, it wasn't like the Fall had anything decent to watch anyways. ;p And this season has some very good shows like Puella, so I think many who watched SD because there was nothing else to watch have found something(s) else to watch.

This show would be about a thousand times better if it just dropped the mecha conceit. It adds nothing to the show and takes up a third of almost every episode in adding absolutely zip to the story. We get it. Takuto is going to save the day.

It doesn't help that the antagonists don't seem to be remotely serious about actually beating him.

The rest of the story is not fantastic, but it's a fairly solid generic school harem show done relatively tastefully in that other than Kanako, boobs aren't the size of boulders and panties aren't flashing everywhere.

Due to the talent behind this show, there's a decent chance all of this is going to actually wrap up into a satisfying ending, though that could be my inner Bones fanboy talking. I have to admit though, in its current state, it is definitely the most mediocre bit they've done. A solidly done mediocre bit, but mediocre nonetheless. Even assuming some tremendously good finale, it'll likely stay at the bottom of my personal Bones ladder.

Let me be clear though. That still ranks Star Drive far ahead of most of the other poorly animated, poorly drawn, school harem crap that the anime industry seems to think is the only thing profitable these days.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 17:45   Link #2320
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This show would be about a thousand times better if it just dropped the mecha conceit. It adds nothing to the show and takes up a third of almost every episode in adding absolutely zip to the story. We get it. Takuto is going to save the day.
uh, wha-?
the mecha battles, although very brief and repetitive, are the only thing that keeps me watching the show; along with the fascinating concept of zero-time, phases and maidens.
drop that, and I'll drop the show entirely. the school-hijinks are funny and entertaining, but certainly not enough to keep me interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Let me be clear though. That still ranks Star Drive far ahead of most of the other poorly animated, poorly drawn, school harem crap that the anime industry seems to think is the only thing profitable these days.
it's not like they think... it's more like, moe-blob aside, 'school harem fanservice crap' IS one of the most profitable things these days.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen