AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 02:04   Link #1121
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

oooh i see the new translator's works for chapter 1 of volume 6, good translation, keep it up.
Old 2008-07-18, 03:21   Link #1122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kira_ View Post
just a question on vol. 6 ch. 1: is callman also colbert? i'm just confused...
Who the heck is callman?!
Translator must have translated Colbert into Callman for some reason...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 17:21   Link #1123
Matt122005

Serenade is attempting to translate at his own speed, chapter 4 of vol. 6 and chapters 4 and 8 of vol. 7

-Matt

Also, if it hasn't been said, 30% of ch. 2 of vol. 6 will be added soon by a new translator who is currently working on it.

And the person who did ch. 1 will be moving on to ch. 3.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 19:15   Link #1124
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Who the heck is callman?!
Translator must have translated Colbert into Callman for some reason...
Seems like the case... Someone should fix that
Old 2008-07-19, 11:19   Link #1125
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Seems like the case... Someone should fix that
The translator fixed it yesterday.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 02:29   Link #1126
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Seems like i will be translating chapter 2 after all. The original chinese translator is only a beginner and even I could see many mistakes and skipped sentences/words in his translations, plus he doesnt ahve much time. This is the reason why chapter 3 is already being translated while chapter 2 is still rather off for this moment.

So probably I (or we, if he finds the time to increase the tempo) will still be doing chapter two.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 02:42   Link #1127
TakeruKazuya
Ascalon's hand

hey, can i ask something? how do you guys translate? Machine translators or manually? 'cause I tried to do a machine translation using ATLAS but the outcome is very horrible... could someone enlighten me on this.. thanks, btw..
TakeruKazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 02:55   Link #1128
Darknemo2000

In my case, it is MT but..very different from just MT...

At first MT translations were based on google or babelfish - online translators, and they were horrible. If you think ATLAS horrible try those.

Then I decided to register on the forums (and eventually ended up being editor/translator for ZnT project somehow) as I got involved into discussion that MT, if used correctly (specially ATLAS) can be actually a pretty powerful tool and not being so far from human translators.

If you were to use just ATLAS (it also depends which version you use by the way), the of course the result wont be that good really.

ATLAS has to have an manual dictionary build up for names and terms (like in this case ZnT dictionary) then use the memory storing feature to translate some simple sentences as you did in the past.

Besides I use another MT systran as it is pretty good at kana, while ATLAS struggles there a bit (though is pretty good at Kanji), and also 8 japanese dictionaries to check if the words really match.

Plus I myself know simple japanese and can translate short sentences without MT help. Not to mention that I also know how Japanese grammar works, which also helps me.

In fact MT work is at least few times harder than normal translators if you are trying to produce quality translation. You have to check and recheck same sentence quite a few times with different tools...

I had a few messages with people willing to be MT translators but after following my guide, four of them stopped translating as it was just too freakish hard and one was able to translate short chapter but then didn't had a determination to go on... It is really tedious work... On the other hand, the tarnslation becomes as human translator close as possible these days...
Old 2008-07-22, 03:00   Link #1129
TakeruKazuya
Ascalon's hand

Thanks for the reply..i didn't think translating would be that hard though..
Old 2008-07-22, 06:37   Link #1130
vorpal83

Translating's f'n hard and time consuming. Thanks for the hard work, guys.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 04:12   Link #1131
Trejon16

guys, can you tell me plz where i can find zero no tsukaima novels in english, i know that there have been some translating to english, but i cannot find them, i really wish to get them in my hands.
i bought the first tome in japanese just to have it, but i dont understand a thing.
Trejon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 05:28   Link #1132
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejon16 View Post
guys, can you tell me plz where i can find zero no tsukaima novels in english, i know that there have been some translating to english, but i cannot find them, i really wish to get them in my hands.
i bought the first tome in japanese just to have it, but i dont understand a thing.
As you have already been told, Zero no Tsukaima novels have been licensed by Seven Seas. Please note that we consider all the novels as being licensed by Seven Seas.

The first volume is due for release later in the year. Amazon link, Zero's Familiar, Seven Seas link Zero's Familiar
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 06:01   Link #1133
Darknemo2000

Xris you are wrong, it won't be released later this year as ZnT project by Seven Seas was pushed back a little so no, this year there should not be a release of ZnT. Maybe in the beginning of next year, at best.
Old 2008-07-23, 08:44   Link #1134
TakeruKazuya
Ascalon's hand

Could anyone pls give me some spoilers as to what happen between saito and louise's parents? I mean, are they alright with Saito and louise's relationship or are they not? Thanks by the way..
Old 2008-07-23, 15:18   Link #1135
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Seven Seas first had the release date of volume 1 set to august '08, then changed it to december '08, and now it's "TBA". so it's going to be a very loooong wait. time enough to learn about amazon's conditions of shipping to my land.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:41   Link #1136
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
Seven Seas first had the release date of volume 1 set to august '08, then changed it to december '08, and now it's "TBA". so it's going to be a very loooong wait. time enough to learn about amazon's conditions of shipping to my land.
I'd suggest finding a different shipper. Amazon's services have gone down the tubes lately.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:00   Link #1137
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Plus their shipping is rising. I but a military non-fiction series from them. Over two years their shipping has gone up big time.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 04:37   Link #1138
Darknemo2000

No. There were few but the furthest point they reached - up to 2 volume (and as far as i know none are active) some have volume reviews.
Old 2008-07-25, 01:35   Link #1139
Matt122005

If you have a Nintendo DS, come Sept. 16 "My Japanese Coach" arrives. It will teach you EVERYTHING about the japanese language, including kana and kanji.

I'm getting it, how about you? It'll be cool to finally read ZNT in Japanese.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:19   Link #1140
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

so will u be able to write the lettering(not sure if thats the correct term) on the ds and it converts it? that would be neat
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen