AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 06:34   Link #2261
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm pretty sure that here, it is never, under any circumstance, legal to hit a pedestrian with your car, jaywalking or not. (There is a never applied fine for jaywalking.)
I never said purposely hitting someone with your car is legal. By legal I was referring to "jaywalking is legal" that Konpachi mentioned.
Old 2008-11-20, 07:31   Link #2262
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You said the driver wouldn't be held responsible. That if you were jaywalking and got hit, it was "tough luck".

Here, a driver is by law required to be in control of his vehicle at all time, so as to not get into accidents even if the pedestrians around him - or the other drivers - are clumsy idiots. Of course, the law isn't applied blindly and I doubt you'd be punished if someone throws himself under your wheels. But, on its own, "the guy was jaywalking" is not an excuse for failing to avoid him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 09:00   Link #2263
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Here, a driver is by law required to be in control of his vehicle at all time, so as to not get into accidents even if the pedestrians around him - or the other drivers - are clumsy idiots. Of course, the law isn't applied blindly and I doubt you'd be punished if someone throws himself under your wheels. But, on its own, "the guy was jaywalking" is not an excuse for failing to avoid him.
Did I accidently suggest otherwise?
Old 2008-11-20, 12:59   Link #2264
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Well, apparently, in some countries, a driver whose vehicle hits a jaywalker will have different levels of responsibility depending on how far from the jaywalker he is.

If he is on the lane NEXT to the pavement, he is not to blame.
the next lane after - 25%
2 lanes away - 50%
3 lanes away - 75%
4 lanes away - 90%
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:10   Link #2265
stsaturn

I am having a hard time remembering what Forum software anime suki used before vBulletin. Could someone tell me what it was? I think it switched over in 2004. Thanks
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:38   Link #2266
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It switched in 2003. I think the old one was Invision Power Board or maybe burning boards something.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:55   Link #2267
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
It was WoltLab Burning Board: http://web.archive.org/web/200308061...animesuki.com/
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 21:31   Link #2268
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
Perfect thanks. I kept thinking it had some thing to do with fire or hot but could not find its true name. Thanks again.
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 00:01   Link #2269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Right... after some Net browsing, thought I'd try here. I'm looking for a particular style of furin (japanese wind chimes). Examples:

Recommendations to a retail site that is in or ships to the USA would be appreciated. Almost anyone sells the other kinds but these seem to be non-existent so far...
(Plan B: just make the things, art project ftw).
Old 2008-11-24, 13:24   Link #2270
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I've been poking into Japan's National Public Safety Commission out of pure curiosity, and something occurred to me.

Is there some quirk in the way Japanese special forces are organised that inspire creators like Masamune Shirow to subsume different branches under individual ministries? In the world of Ghost in the Shell, for example, Public Security Section 9 frequently clashes against other sections, such as Section 6, which I vaguely recall belonging to the foreign ministry. There is also a Section 4, which belongs to the defence ministry, if I'm not mistaken (probably am; it's been a long time since I've read the manga).

Reason I asked is because something similar occurs in the hume nation of Bastok, from Square-Enix's FFXI.

The special forces of this particular nation — known as "musketeers" — again serve under different ministries. The Iron Musketeers serve the Ministry of Trade & Industry, the Gold Musketeers (spies, in effect) serve the Ministry of Mining and finally, the elite Mythril Musketeers, who answer only to the senate-elected president.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 06:35   Link #2271
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

can anyone site me some famous couples that have been married for a long time and still going for they love each other?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 09:49   Link #2272
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:
Spoiler for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Ep 5:
Old 2008-11-25, 10:06   Link #2273
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
It's explained in season 2.

But season 2 sucks anyways, precisely because they want to give an explanation to the whole deal (and a crappy one at that, to boot). I enjoyed the first season far more because of the mysteriousness of it all.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 11:05   Link #2274
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
can anyone site me some famous couples that have been married for a long time and still going for they love each other?
Well, that really doesn’t exist, at least in Hollywood it doesn’t, and what you would mean when you reffer to a long time? 5 years?

In the meantime, although not officially married, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins have been together since mid 80's ...

There is also Gloria Estefan and Emilio Estefan, they have been married since the dawn of time...
Old 2008-11-26, 13:34   Link #2275
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6...blk1po4rl5.gif

does anyone know who this girl is? is she an actress? dancer? from which country?

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-26 at 15:53. Reason: 1.5Mb is rather large so changed image to a link
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:31   Link #2276
SapphireSwampert
Killer Loli

Send a message via Yahoo to SapphireSwampert
genryou: I think that's Aya Hirano. A Japanese voice actress. I'm pretty sure anyway, but don't take my sure word for it.
SapphireSwampert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 00:28   Link #2277
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Sapphire ^^ I too felt that. After taking a semihiatus from voice acting Aya is doing everything to stay in the news . But from the picture you cant be sure .

Aya Hirano

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-11-27 at 00:52.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 08:54   Link #2278
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

WoW she spoke Haruhi Suzumiya, nice one
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:08   Link #2279
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
Quote:
genryou: I think that's Aya Hirano. A Japanese voice actress. I'm pretty sure anyway, but don't take my sure word for it.
that's Aya?

there's a chance it was her but honestly..i dont think Aya can dance like that..
so far, i only seen her dance Hare Hare Yukai and Mottoke! Sailor Fuku
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:34   Link #2280
SapphireSwampert
Killer Loli

Send a message via Yahoo to SapphireSwampert
Well, I think that's her, but then again, the GIF isn't the best quality. So you can't be totally sure about it. And thank you for not making me seem all by myself thinking that, Geta Boshi. xD;
SapphireSwampert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious