Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 11:08   Link #41
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
Ah, OK, I see it. So the thing on his back is a second body. (I saw it when I looked through the beginning of the episode again - just goes to show you how observant I am, heh.) However, does that second body have any other abilities apart from... throwing stuff at people? (If this will turn out to be a spoiler, then just a yes/no answer will be sufficient. I don't want to be the cause of getting people banned, so don't spoil anything for anyone, please. )
To be honest saying nothing is best, best way to find out if it does something is to wait and see if the anime decides to show that it does or not
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 14:46   Link #42
Ramen Girl

Arrow People's opinions about Choji

I'm really looking forward to
Spoiler:
in the next episode (or the next couple of episodes, depending on how long the animation team plans to drag it out...).

I didn't really think too much of Choji as a character prior to this point in the storyline, but the events in the manga really gave him a lot of depth and helped to explain his friendship with Shikamaru.

I guess it's one of those defining moments. I didn't really think too much of Hinata before her fight with Neji, but after I saw that episode, she became one of my favorite characters in the series. The same thing goes for Rock Lee after his fight with Gaara. I think that after the next few episodes, a lot of the people will have a lot more respect/appreciation for Choji.
Ramen Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 14:51   Link #43
wnkryo
HainShodan

Typical shonen anime; dragging out even the best of arcs.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:16   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Girl
I think that after the next few episodes, a lot of the people will have a lot more respect/appreciation for Choji.
I have always appreciated Chouji simply because he is one of the very few humane characters' portrayed in this anime. His friendship and deeper understanding with Shikamaru ( one of my two favorite characters ) just adds to my total appreciation. This episode was absolutely fabulous. It is always satisfying for me to watch this sort of episode of problem solving and outsmarting your enemy and at the same time gives the viewers a chance to analyze the characters that are involved in those situations. I was very impressed with Neji's calm demeanor. Compared to Neji even Shikamaru appeared distressed in one point. Did anyone else notice that he was also the only one that didn't seat anytime in this predicament?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:17   Link #45
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Typical shonen anime; dragging out even the best of arcs.
Probably to enjoy tbe curent arc they decided to drag it out a bit, but in my opinion, manga's do not portray an accurate depiction of time, you can time jump from picture to picture in manga's where as in reality(anime reality) a few days could of passed, even though the action is shown in the manga the steps taken between the action scenes are not seen.

Another reason for dragging out the arc is to allow the manga to push forward, at the moment the manga is stuck on a diversion arc (away from the main storyline) which is going to take about another 7 weeks to complete (assuming what we hear is correct about the time frame of the current arc). And the last thing we want to see from the anime is another crappy filler (like the idate filler... )
Old 2004-12-02, 15:21   Link #46
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Am I the only one that thinks the animation was pretty off in this one?
Sure, the characters looked good sometimes, but the Tsuuga, Gatsuuga and Baika no jutsu looked horrible.

Also, when Kiba does the Gatsuuga with Akamaru, they first clap their hands together.. wasnt that supposed to 'shoot' them towards the opposite sides of the prison?
Now they just clap their hands for no reason, and continue forward with the ugly Gatsuuga animation.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:28   Link #47
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

I was disappointed not seeing naruto creating some bunshin and using kyuubi to give his extra resource of power, since wasn't his jiriya training all about the time when he runs out of his "blue" chakra that he summons his "red" (kyuubi) chakra to help him out... if I was Naruto a Gambunta summon would of sorted this all out in one go
Old 2004-12-02, 16:08   Link #48
swerv
Stay Up

I'd rather the anime team made the fights longer, as long as it doesn't include excessive flashbacks anyway.

Some people say they're 'dragging' them out but that is better than rushing the fights, like towards the end of Flame of Recca for example.

Fights should last 2 episodes imo a bit like during the prelim chuunin fights, it's much more interesting - increasing tension, emotional involvement and you can generally appreciate it more when you rewatch the anime.

People need more patience
Old 2004-12-02, 16:33   Link #49
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
I already know about Sakon's second head (I don't think he has a second body). Does that have anything to do with the 'ability' he was talking about, though?
When he talked about "that ability", you will notice that he only had one head..
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:51   Link #50
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
I'd rather the anime team made the fights longer, as long as it doesn't include excessive flashbacks anyway.

Some people say they're 'dragging' them out but that is better than rushing the fights, like towards the end of Flame of Recca for example.

Fights should last 2 episodes imo a bit like during the prelim chuunin fights, it's much more interesting - increasing tension, emotional involvement and you can generally appreciate it more when you rewatch the anime.

People need more patience
For an otaku you have awfull little sense for storyline

It's basically ridiculous to drag this fight out since it was
1)barely a fight for a reason
2)completely destructive to the original meaning of the mangaka
3)Ninja fights aren't meant to last 2 episodes, you watching the wrong anime.
(oh sure there was the sannin battle and gaara battle, but if you look at the exact timespan of each actual fight, you'll see my point.)
4)Innapropriate for this situation, not to mention stupid.
Old 2004-12-02, 16:53   Link #51
Electrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
When he talked about "that ability", you will notice that he only had one head..
Yes, at that point, I only saw one head, and the container with the bow behind it as the camera moved. I only noticed the second head after Jiroubou created the earth dome, just before the episode title came up. But surely the fact that the second head appeared, and retracted when the dome was finished, should mean that it had a part to play in Sakon's 'ability' - so what part did it play?

---

And since we've gotten on to talking about stuff that we didn't like in this episode, I was a bit disappointed that Naruto seemed to have lost all the maturity he showed in the past few episodes. Compared to the others, when they were trapped, Naruto appeared to have regressed to his previous immature temperament.

OK, I know that the immature, loudmouth temperament is what makes Naruto who he is, but after the previous episodes, I had reason to think he'd matured and grown a bit while on his journeys with Jiraiya. Apart from one or two fleeting moments (when he calmed down a bit), it was clear to me that when Naruto is cornered, he's still the same old Naruto he always was - which, admittedly, is starting to grate against my nerves a little now.

Last edited by Electrode; 2004-12-02 at 17:27.
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 18:57   Link #52
.:SoKaR:.
N/A

lol I forgot Naruto was aired on thursday, its a good surprise for me
.:SoKaR:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:02   Link #53
kboykb

Quote:
Yes, at that point, I only saw one head, and the container with the bow behind it as the camera moved. I only noticed the second head after Jiroubou created the earth dome, just before the episode title came up. But surely the fact that the second head appeared, and retracted when the dome was finished, should mean that it had a part to play in Sakon's 'ability' - so what part did it play?
Hrm - this is really too difficult to tell you without giving away a spoiler, and even though I have an idea of a way to say it, I don't wanna get banned for a week if it comes out the wrong way . You'll see it in.. *counts* maybe 3 or 4 episodes.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:44   Link #54
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
For an otaku you have awfull little sense for storyline

It's basically ridiculous to drag this fight out since it was
1)barely a fight for a reason
2)completely destructive to the original meaning of the mangaka
3)Ninja fights aren't meant to last 2 episodes, you watching the wrong anime.
(oh sure there was the sannin battle and gaara battle, but if you look at the exact timespan of each actual fight, you'll see my point.)
4)Innapropriate for this situation, not to mention stupid.
Hmm the majority of fights in the anime have spanned 2 episodes, I think you've been watching the wrong anime . I'm talking more generally anyway, not this encounter specifically, so there go the rest of your points.
Old 2004-12-02, 19:58   Link #55
ssjian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
if I was Naruto a Gambunta summon would of sorted this all out in one go
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
ssjian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:21   Link #56
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
Hrm - this is really too difficult to tell you without giving away a spoiler, and even though I have an idea of a way to say it, I don't wanna get banned for a week if it comes out the wrong way . You'll see it in.. *counts* maybe 3 or 4 episodes.
Most likely more because the Anime team needs to lengthen this arc up. So prob 6 or 7 atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
if I was Naruto a Gambunta summon would of sorted this all out in one go
Naruto only really uses kyuubi when he has a good idea, he is pissed off or his life is in active danger. Naruto is an idiot when it comes to dealing with situations that have no motivation to push him. So at that moment, he was probably just thinking about ramen or something. And sumoning Gamabunta isnt something you do to fight 4 chuunins, Gamabunta alone can take on a kage(s). And if Naruto used Gamabunta... it would just kill the hole point of this arc.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:53   Link #57
ssjian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
And sumoning Gamabunta isnt something you do to fight 4 chuunins, Gamabunta alone can take on a kage(s). And if Naruto used Gamabunta... it would just kill the hole point of this arc.
Whenever Gamabunta is mentioned, these kinds of limitations are immediately brought to the table as well. It's understood that Gamabunta is not to be taken lightly. With that said, I still find that the image of a giant toad breaking the clay prison makes me laugh!
ssjian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 22:01   Link #58
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I thought this episode was a little boring because of how they stretch out the time so much. I also thought Naruto was really annoying. Do they like annoying people in Japan or something? Because I swear, Naruto's three times as annoying in the anime as in the manga. It's like they increase his annoying factor for marketing reasons.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 22:15   Link #59
Zek
Eyebrows...

My biggest complaint with this episode is how Chouji insisted on making stupid noises as he rolled. It's a ridiculous enough jutsu as it is, I don't know why he insists on embarassing himself.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 22:33   Link #60
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjian1
Whenever Gamabunta is mentioned, these kinds of limitations are immediately brought to the table as well. It's understood that Gamabunta is not to be taken lightly. With that said, I still find that the image of a giant toad breaking the clay prison makes me laugh!
Yeah, if only Naruto could summon booth-cursher level froggies reliably, that would be awesome, imo.

Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote