AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-18, 10:57   Link #21
Somnus
Eh?

Aww, that pinky promise reminded me of parting with Vivi. Gotta love the Straw Hats. On that note though, the search for the next one continues!

Also, rejoice everyone! This is the closest thing you're ever going to get of Luffy hugging Nami! Hahahaha.
Old 2012-01-18, 11:12   Link #22
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

was i the only who actually had shed a tear when shirahoshi was saying goodbye to them?? T_T it touched my heart when she said about the promise. Dx shirahoshi, i'm gonna miss you..

about the promise, i theorize that it's actually the same promise between poseidon and joyboy. only this time, luffy would be able to fulfill it that joyboy wasn't able to. the promise was so simple and yet it would change the world? O_o ok,that's just my theory.

shirley's vision will come true.period!

And finally,TO THE NEW WORLD WE GO!!!
Old 2012-01-18, 11:54   Link #23
Homura7

Quote:
D: If Mr. 3 is supposed to have Devil Fruit powers, then why is he floating on top of the water in Volume 19, pg.185, 3rd panel?

O: I sure got a lot of these... you wouldn't believe how many postcards I got about this. However. You guys can't trip me up that easy... There is a reason. Under Mr. 3's body there just so happened to be a piece of "Unbelievably Floaty Wood". And that is why he was floating so unbelievably. Let's say, normally a person's floating power is 3 Puka's, and a sumo wrestler's would be about 5 Puka's. But on a good day, a piece of "Unbelievably Floaty Wood" can get as high as 13 Puka's, the world record set by floatmaster Pukayama Ukijirou.
This man isn't human, he's a god.
Old 2012-01-18, 11:57   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Shirley: "By a man with a strawhat, Fishman Island will be destroyed!!!"

Jinbe: "I'll get the merchant ship (with lots of strawhats) ready."

I see where this heads now. Nice played, Oda.

Geez man, just what do you have against those poor fish-folk? They only desire to live in peace with humanity (even more so after the recent conflict)....

That being said, the straw hat merchant ship possibly being the doomsday weapon that destroys mermaid island is an interesting theory, though I still highly doubt that will result in Shira's recruitment (as I said in a past thread, I still think that she'd be safer in Paradise than she would in the NW).

Anyways, even if not much happened this chapter, I still found it fun. I loved how Usopp and Chopper were all depressed about facing an emperor, yet still managed to perk up before leaving. And yeah, everyone's reaction to Luffy in the log pose scene was classic. I also found it amusing that Luffy literally wrapped his entire pinky finger around Shira's. He's sure gotten a lot more bold around the ladies since the skip, hasn't he....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
It looks pretty certain that the story won't end with the Straw Hats reaching Raftel - instead, there's going to be something bigger, something that will shake the world. A huge battle between the World Government and the Revolutionaries/Pirates is highly likely...

Yeah, pretty much what I've been thinking ever since Whitebeard's dying speech at the war (actually, I've had a vague suspicion even before then, but the speech just solidified my belief). The secret of the One Piece will spark a climactic world war against the WG and those who oppose them, which will once again decide the dawn of a new era much like the previous summit war did....
Old 2012-01-18, 12:08   Link #25
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So that wraps up the Fishman Island arc. Lord that was a long one. It was only 1 chapter shy of being 50 chapters long.

So Shirley's prediction could happen at anytime. It didn't necessarily have to happen in this arc. Maybe it was a false one. Who knows?

It's a shame the Minsister of the Left didn't realize Luffy likes a challenge, otherwise they could have avoided Luffy's curiosity with the most dangerous islands. Nami's reaction was pretty funny though.

No new crew member, but that's okay. Shirahoshi saying goodbye was cute. She really is attached to Luffy. I look forward to the results of her resolve to not be a crybaby anymore.~

Really looking forward to next week. The story has finally sailed into the New World!
Old 2012-01-18, 12:08   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Quoted for truth
Old 2012-01-18, 12:21   Link #27
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
i thoughtr he already answer those before and say there is wood under him

Old 2012-01-18, 12:24   Link #28
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
You don't get it. Up until now we thought he was just making an excuse to justify a minor mistake of his, but in the end it has turned out it wasn't an error.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:24   Link #29
yakumo-chan

Quote:
sorry but i dont like it when people are saying Oda is a God, even though its a joke... but still,
Oda is a great man, and I do also think that he dont like being treated like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, pretty much what I've been thinking ever since Whitebeard's dying speech at the war (actually, I've had a vague suspicion even before then, but the speech just solidified my belief). The secret of the One Piece will spark a climactic world war against the WG and those who oppose them, which will once again decide the dawn of a new era much like the previous summit war did....
I think i have read an interview from oda saying that the secret of one piece will be revealed before the final battle of the series
Old 2012-01-18, 12:24   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

The point is that the type of wood Mr. 3 was floating on was referenced this very chapter. Gotta admit, it's really awesome to see that a gag from a past SBS ended up becoming canon!
Old 2012-01-18, 12:27   Link #31
yakumo-chan

Quote:
The point is that the type of wood Mr. 3 was floating on was referenced this very chapter. Gotta admit, it's really awesome to see that a gag from a past SBS ended up becoming canon!
i dont get this SBS what chapter is that?
Old 2012-01-18, 12:29   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
i dont get this SBS what chapter is that?

It's from volume 25's SBS.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:31   Link #33
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

wait there is reference of that in this chapter?! where?!

Old 2012-01-18, 12:33   Link #34
yakumo-chan

Quote:
It's from volume 25's SBS.
i know, but i still dont know what you guys are talking about.... im kinda out of place hehehe..

whats with Oda making an excuse to justify a minor mistake of his, but in the end it has turned out to be a cannon? - this i dont get...

what chapter was Mr. 3 floating in the water?
Old 2012-01-18, 12:37   Link #35
marvelB

^Oh, well in that case the picture of Mr. 3 is from the end of chapter 175 (during the Alabasta arc).
Old 2012-01-18, 12:38   Link #36
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Notice at the end of this current chapter Franky is using pieces of wood to make the Sunny more buoyant? That's what they're referring to in the SBS.

It's amusing Oda actually took something he invented as a last-ditch explanation towards one of his continuity errors and actually incorporated it into the series.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:42   Link #37
yakumo-chan

Ohhhhh.... now I get it hahahaha... that was fucking awesome!!!
the wood turns out to be cannon hahaha!

this is being genius and hilarious at the same time!
Old 2012-01-18, 12:48   Link #38
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Jokes lose their juice when they have to be explained...

And I still consider Oda a God, he is by far one of the best mangaka of all time, especially when it comes to story telling...so to me he achieved Godhood!
Old 2012-01-18, 12:48   Link #39
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Notice at the end of this current chapter Franky is using pieces of wood to make the Sunny more buoyant? That's what they're referring to in the SBS.

It's amusing Oda actually took something he invented as a last-ditch explanation towards one of his continuity errors and actually incorporated it into the series.
i see. the name is bit different so i can see why i miss them

Old 2012-01-18, 13:03   Link #40
yakumo-chan

do you guys think that the wood was just a coincidence? or Oda was planning it all along?