1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-08, 17:19   Link #41
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Who is Soujiro, again?
Soujiro Seta, member of RT and Harem Guild master of West Wind Brigade and ex-member of Debauchery Tea Party

Well it's that Samurai who look up to Shiroe and guarded that castle of landers when goblins attacked. Also after Shiore got "bad" threatment in that cake contest he recommended him to visit as well so he can also get lot of hate here out of spite (and jelousy for his harem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
shiroe have current 3 and 1 in the past who maybe not in anime since is ending but i pretty sure believe who his "past crush" who appear in OP will gonna have a come back in case of a second season, she not dead, she still alive and shiroe still thinking about her, then this give 4 girl at last for him
soujiro have 4 or 5 girls(who we see so far with him in his guild) and a gay
this make shiroe numbers very close to him, excluding fangirls who just random pop-up
If having few unrequired crushes would equal of harem, I would be another Seta. Actualy not me, but there would be plenty guys who would. So unless she herself had crush on Shiroe you can't count her into harem (I still ship them very hard though)
Old 2014-03-08, 17:21   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Soujiro Seta, member of RT and Harem Guild master of West Wind Brigade and ex-member of Debauchery Tea Party

Well it's that Samurai who look up to Shiroe and guarded that castle of landers when goblins attacked. Alos after Shiore got "bad" threatment in that cake contest he recommended him to visit as well so he can also get lot of hate here out of spite (and jelousy for his harem)
that was too bankrupt the cake shop
Old 2014-03-08, 17:23   Link #43
dredmorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
1. Nobody has bothered to explain the concept of "subtle" to the animators
2. Can't tell you because of novel spoilers
3. Can't tell you because of novel spoilers
4. Because
Did the ship part get explained in "this" volume? I read up to and including volume 6 and i don't remember that creep crusing in a special ship. For that matter, i thought the only ones with a special boat were the adventures (the ocypete).
Old 2014-03-08, 17:31   Link #44
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:

Well it's that Samurai who look up to Shiroe and guarded that castle of landers when goblins attacked. Also after Shiore got "bad" threatment in that cake contest he recommended him to visit as well so he can also get lot of hate here out of spite (and jelousy for his harem)

If having few unrequired crushes would equal of harem, I would be another Seta. Actualy not me, but there would be plenty guys who would. So unless she herself had crush on Shiroe you can't count her into harem (I still ship them very hard though)
even if we exclude her shiroes will still have 3 who is half of soujiro(excluding random near nameless and near faceless fangirls) who have something like 5 to 6(counting with the gay guy), then going to mat this means who if soujiro have 60 shiroe must have 30 or something lik that.
Old 2014-03-08, 17:51   Link #45
Dark Wing

I really do hope we get a second season. This series just has so many good things going that haven't even been touched yet.
Old 2014-03-08, 17:52   Link #46
Tenzen12

Quote:
even if we exclude her shiroes will still have 3 who is half of soujiro(excluding random near nameless and near faceless fangirls) who have something like 5 to 6(counting with the gay guy), then going to mat this means who if soujiro have 60 shiroe must have 30 or something lik that.
Hardly. Soujiro is popular, Shiroe unsocial and generaly hated. Only those who know him well aknowledge him. I guess there might be some girl from DTP that had feeling for him and maybe one other somewhere, but that's pretty much limit (and I doubt, it's realy that case). Our Villain doesn't realy have that kind of indiscriminate magnetism as you appearently think he has.
Old 2014-03-08, 18:04   Link #47
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Nice! I haven't checked how big (or small) the sales for log horizon are but I'm quite sure it's one of the biggest hits these last 2 seasons so a s2 would be very likely, but of course we won't know until an official announcement has been released.
It's first volume had combined sales of a bit over 4000 copies before falling off charts. Nothing to sneer at, but nothing to write home out either. It's TV ratings are unknown to us, it hasn't cracked the top ten, which is all we've gotten for a while now. So the only place it's been one of the biggest hits is Crunchyroll. Which is nice for the anime staff, but is still just a bonus.

In short, a big hit, it is not by the standards of Japan's anime industry. However as Sheba says, it airs on NHK, which is a government funded channel. As long as it generates their desired result it doesn't matter if it's breaking even, as it isn't really a for profit endeavor in the first place.

The big catch in all this is that there is not currently enough source material for a season two, and the director is returning to directing the Fairy Tail anime in April, which will run for an unknown amount of time (last time it ran 175 episodes).

So even if they want to make a season two, it's not something that can happen quickly without a significant hit to quality.
Old 2014-03-08, 18:22   Link #48
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Hardly. Soujiro is popular, Shiroe unsocial and generaly hated. Only those who know him well aknowledge him. I guess there might be some girl from DTP that had feeling for him and maybe one other somewhere, but that's pretty much limit (and I doubt, it's realy that case). Our Villain doesn't realy have that kind of indiscriminate magnetism as you appearently think he has.
but not being "popular" or even bing unpopular is a common mc harem trait, most of them start the series as the completly unknow person then suddenly all the girls of the world start to want a piece of him and most of the tims their see themselfs as unpopular or peoples who never any girl gonna fall for them, who their are in the end of the stick and things like that.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:10   Link #49
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Its more like:

Soujirou: 99%
Shiroe: 0.5%
Krusty: 0.5%

Don't forget he has an official fan club that consists of over 100x members, which also includes Landers.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:12   Link #50
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
but not being "popular" or even bing unpopular is a common mc harem trait, most of them start the series as the completly unknow person then suddenly all the girls of the world start to want a piece of him and most of the tims their see themselfs as unpopular or peoples who never any girl gonna fall for them, who their are in the end of the stick and things like that.
You are forgetting ONE thing that seems to define the harem MC. His tendency to conveniently casually open a door to find a girl half naked and changing her clothes. i.e: Keitarou and Touma.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:13   Link #51
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh gawd... Henrietta and Marielle's love interest have been confirmed

anyway, that new villain with Ryuk's face surely trying to suicide by messing around with Shiroe... I believe no people of the land could keep up with adventurers

it's also nice that Isaac didn't show his wild and blood-thirst personality but calmly accept security duty
meanwhile, I love all the casual clothes in this episode... Akatsuki's, Naotsugu's, Nyanta's, Raynesia's, etc...

can't wait for next episode...
Old 2014-03-08, 20:24   Link #52
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You are forgetting ONE thing that seems to define the harem MC. His tendency to conveniently casually open a door to find a girl half naked and changing her clothes. i.e: Keitarou and Touma.
nvm i'm dont like to talk and remember thats things, by the way i really want to see what sort of trouble the land peoples are try to do on their festival, i'm really curious.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-08 at 20:49.
Old 2014-03-08, 21:02   Link #53
Tenzen12

Quote:
1)three heroines that are interested in him are minority and non other showed any romantic interest in him.

2)Shiroe doesn't fit looser archetype you trying shoehorn him into. He is well known among top players and always was. And his unpopularity is result of his own politic decisions. It is totaly different kind of unpopularity that you mean as well.

3)He didn't get "suddenly" popular among girls, source of their interest is Shiroes personality itself and that's why only girls who knows him would be able appreciate his ability and character not someone completely random.

4)That pretty much every male character has own love interest already means it does not follow stantard harem formulas.

If you realy couldn't help yourself and wanted compare Shiroe to any protagonist of rom-coms, best match would probably Hikkigaya Hachiman (that would be still largely incorrect, but better than any other).
Old 2014-03-08, 21:30   Link #54
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
1)three heroines that are interested in him are minority and non other showed any romantic interest in him.

2)Shiroe doesn't fit looser archetype you trying shoehorn him into. He is well known among top players and always was. And his unpopularity is result of his own politic decisions. It is totaly different kind of unpopularity that you mean as well.

3)He didn't get "suddenly" popular among girls, source of their interest is Shiroes personality itself and that's why only girls who knows him would be able appreciate his ability and character not someone completely random.

4)That pretty much every male character has own love interest already means it does not follow stantard harem formulas.

If you realy couldn't help yourself and wanted compare Shiroe to any protagonist of rom-coms, best match would probably Hikkigaya Hachiman (that would be still largely incorrect, but better than any other).
i'm not saying who he is exactly like the archtype, but he have traits from them.

i agree who this show dont follow the pattern of the others since others males characters also get womans and this is the big reason who i like this show, because like i told actually the writer of this novel remember who shiroes is not the only male in the world or the only male who girls can fall, this is what i like in this show

if i can compare shiro with anyone then i can somehow compare him with the guy of d-frag, or the guy of seitkokay yakuidomo or the guy of machine doll, the guy from arppegio; guys who at first sight not are interest in girls, or are too focused in others things to thinking of girls or to notice girls falling for him, but he have traits of many romcom or harem mcs, is a "nice guy" who have a poor social life(work but most of his friends are friends from game or he spende most of his time inside his room at the pc).

the only thing who disturb me is who is hard to believe who he not notice the girls specially akatsuki display feelings for him, previous episode make this clear, and this one also, only a guy trying to lie to himself could not see akatsuki behavious as love while everyone around him already aware and even sometimes he show hints who he is aware, but is just "trying to avoid deal with it" like some mcs like to do the famous as long their not confess i can keep the things in the "friendzone" while the things alredy passed the friendzone a long time at last from one side and his or just dont know how to deal or just being to cold with the girls.

what is even more funny is who he could notice serara feelings for nianta but himself can't see the "same hints" from the others girls toward hims, like the famous "the grass of the neighbor is more green than mine( he can see the love hints around his friends but not around himself.
Old 2014-03-08, 21:49   Link #55
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

This is certainly interesting. What are the implications here? The people of the land seem to be acting unusually confrontational to the Adventurers who just saved their kingdom from goblins (and at the very least, they should be more cautious about not causing a fuss with), and given that these are all traders, it doesn't seem like they should be making this many mistakes in their paperwork filings.

...have the people of the land been subjected to mental domination of some kind by these "pirate" adventures (going by that ship they have) as part of a plot to attack akihabara? Given the strength difference I'd think they by themselves might not be too much of a threat but...do the anti PvP rules apply to lander on Adventurer violence?

...is fish fuck face messing with princess gets trolled? I don't think Krusty will like that. Doesn't he like, have exclusive trolling rights over princess gets trolled? This isn't gonna end in anything other than a fillet.
Old 2014-03-09, 00:44   Link #56
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It's first volume had combined sales of a bit over 4000 copies before falling off charts. Nothing to sneer at, but nothing to write home out either. It's TV ratings are unknown to us, it hasn't cracked the top ten, which is all we've gotten for a while now. So the only place it's been one of the biggest hits is Crunchyroll. Which is nice for the anime staff, but is still just a bonus.

In short, a big hit, it is not by the standards of Japan's anime industry. However as Sheba says, it airs on NHK, which is a government funded channel. As long as it generates their desired result it doesn't matter if it's breaking even, as it isn't really a for profit endeavor in the first place.

The big catch in all this is that there is not currently enough source material for a season two, and the director is returning to directing the Fairy Tail anime in April, which will run for an unknown amount of time (last time it ran 175 episodes).

So even if they want to make a season two, it's not something that can happen quickly without a significant hit to quality.
So far the most important point I've seen against a 2nd season is that there's not enough source material left for another season. If that's the case then a s2 would be very unlikely, unless they decide to make just 12 episodes + filler.

Looks like I'll have to lower my expectations a bit. I didn't know it wasn't that big of a hit in japan, when in fact it seems to be a big one online.
Old 2014-03-09, 00:55   Link #57
VTHokiePride

I don't get it. Is Akihabara going to be under siege or is the creepy guy using the People of the Land to sabotage the city from the inside? Does the wrong basic math errors mean it's an economic attack while the rowdiness will lead to riots by the People of the Land in the city?
Old 2014-03-09, 01:38   Link #58
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Not that I don't favor the Shiroe X Henrietta ship but her inner monologue had quite a bit left out compared to the LN version.

Spoiler for Comparison w/ LN version:
Old 2014-03-09, 02:19   Link #59
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Hohoho saw Demon Queen with her horns headband, Hero and Female Knight
Where?
Old 2014-03-09, 03:16   Link #60
Irisu
フフリ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Where?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Closed Thread