Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 02:34   Link #3301
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
*borrows Watanagashi execution ritual tools from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and glares at anyone who suggests any of the girls might die*
You know there's a difference between suggesting it might happen based on the staff's track record and wishing for it to happen
Old 2013-02-17, 02:40   Link #3302
garbage

ahaha I knew it Mimori >>> Mariko
also it seems Kanata did have the fever of succession earlier, oh well wonder how they will resolve that since current Takamina is still around. Maybe it will tie in to what Tsubasa said " though Shinoda Mariko the 8th has appeared, I'm the same as always..."

is it just me LOLling when S4 said Mimori...Mariko...Sadistic... so funny not sure if its in a good or bad way though.

"the reason she was given the name Shinoda Mariko the 8th..." wooh foreshadowing, i guess it's to pave the way for the return of Acchan and center-nova, like bringing in all the major players/names of AKB.
so if Chieri or Nagisa becomes Acchan who will the other one be?

looks like Miichan really is the spy, wonder what her reason is....enough to betray AKB0048 like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
*borrows Watanagashi execution ritual tools from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and glares at anyone who suggests any of the girls might die*
I know how you feel, that heart talk between Takamina & Kanata was really hard & painful. But unfortunately like some others I also had that foreboding feeling that someone on the cast might die. Oh well it might not be anything , it's Kawamori after all.

Last edited by garbage; 2013-02-17 at 02:50. Reason: add reply
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 03:03   Link #3303
Requiem-x
The slacking one

IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wait, this is what I wanted... but... but... dear god, it really is happening. I mean, I was kind of half joking, like, I knew it was a possibility, but... it's just so...

Spoiler for Episode 20:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 03:27   Link #3304
mechdra

Spoiler for Miichan's reason for betrayal:
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 03:40   Link #3305
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep20:
Old 2013-02-17, 05:23   Link #3306
chaosprophet

Guys, when sub is out for an episode, then we can already stop using the spoiler tags.

Anyway, Akibastar is an underground city because it's surface was destroyed after many DGTO attacks, so it's not like they never had to face an attack before. They may have good defense mechanisms, and not be so easily beaten just because the enemy was able to reach there.
Old 2013-02-17, 07:07   Link #3307
sa547
*Author

Back from a fan meetup. Scored Karen's pic for about the equivalent of 4 US dollars, but won an genuine Ue Kara Mariko single CD in an impromptu raffle.

What a coincidence.
Old 2013-02-17, 08:28   Link #3308
garbage

^ whoa lucky... or you were really meant to have it

you really did meet Karen Iwata? is this an AKB0048 event or just AKB48?
Old 2013-02-17, 08:31   Link #3309
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
"the reason she was given the name Shinoda Mariko the 8th..." wooh foreshadowing, i guess it's to pave the way for the return of Acchan and center-nova, like bringing in all the major players/names of AKB.
so if Chieri or Nagisa becomes Acchan who will the other one be?

looks like Miichan really is the spy, wonder what her reason is....enough to betray AKB0048 like that.
Spoiler for Episode 20:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 08:47   Link #3310
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ whoa lucky... or you were really meant to have it

you really did meet Karen Iwata? is this an AKB0048 event or just AKB48?
Naw, it was a local fan swap meet. That is, trading/buying/selling merch and photos between wota. The chances of me meeting Iwata in person will be very, very remote. Unless AKS (the management) decrees that they should perform in Jessica Sanchez/K-pop-obsessed Philippines, and that's once in a blue moon.
Old 2013-02-17, 08:59   Link #3311
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Naw, it was a local fan swap meet. That is, trading/buying/selling merch and photos between wota. The chances of me meeting Iwata in person will be very, very remote. Unless AKS (the management) decrees that they should perform in Jessica Sanchez/K-pop-obsessed Philippines, and that's once in a blue moon.
Agreed... and what's an AKS anyway?

It's a shame that the Philippines are not hooked on AKB48 fever, just like Japan not being hooked on PSY's Gangnam Style!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:14   Link #3312
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Agreed... and what's an AKS anyway?

It's a shame that the Philippines are not hooked on AKB48 fever, just like Japan not being hooked on PSY's Gangnam Style!
Well, blame K-POP.

Anyway, watched the ep. Woah, is it just me, or Mariko!Mimori really DID change? I mean, like....possibly "sadistic" sort of way?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:20   Link #3313
chaosprophet

Wait, from Takamina's part of the "Successors talking about their succession", does it means Acchan 13th given name also was Hikari?
Old 2013-02-17, 10:26   Link #3314
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought the juxtaposition of the "sadistic" moniker was connected to Mimori/Mariko bringing Kanata out on stage. Her very public challenge could also be seen as an act of sadism. There was a certain "I'm a successor, and you're not" feeling to that conversation.

So will the current TakaMina die in the upcoming attack and create the opening needed for Kanata to succeed? For the ultimate effect, TakaMina will end up saving Kanata's life in the process, and many tears will flow.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:58   Link #3315
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 20 - Freaky-Deaky Ritual Thing

Again, the combination of a sci-fi-ish world setting with the more traditional Japanese mysticism (and idols) is making for a combination that is at times very mesmerizing. Across the two seasons, succession has always seemed like this unknowable, seemingly unobtainable thing, despite evidence of it being there. Now that it actually happens... it ended up feeling even more otherworldly than I had guessed. I'm not going to stop calling Mimori Mimori even if she is Mariko, though that haircut is pretty jarring. Like with the election episode, lots of high-running emotions here. The back half's been doing a great job following up from the first half, and this week is no exception. But the fight coming to Akibastar... we're gonna need a lot of those Machine Itasshars.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 11:35   Link #3316
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Huh. According to the in-universe fan poll around 18:30, even the 0048 fans thought Mimori was going to succeed Kasai Tomomi.

I'm not sure I like the implications of what happened this episode; that Akimoto is calling the shots and telling Kawamori to avoid giving free publicity to graduated members. Worse still, as in the case of Minegishi Minami, to run disgraced members further in the dirt even in animated form.

Hmmm. :/
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:11   Link #3317
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Usually, Kawamori will kill off a character that people like and I can see that Mayuyu and Chieri might be in danger.
Chieri is voiced by the real life Mayuyu, so they can't kill her. That's the strongest plot armor a character can have in this anime. You may not believe it, but I think they would kill Nagisa instead of Chieri if they had to kill one of them, even though she's the protagonist. Such is the strength of Chieri's plot armor.

As for Mayuyu mk3, she could die, but she probably won't since she's the most popular character in the all the official polls.

Really guys, you should be worry about Yuuko. She has tons of death flags. And Takamina, of course.
Old 2013-02-17, 12:13   Link #3318
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Worse still, as in the case of Minegishi Minami, to run disgraced members further in the dirt even in animated form.

There is no way in hell that this isn't just an unfortunate coincidence, the delay between the events and the airing of the episode is too short for it to more than that.
Old 2013-02-17, 12:19   Link #3319
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Huh. According to the in-universe fan poll around 18:30, even the 0048 fans thought Mimori was going to succeed Kasai Tomomi.

I'm not sure I like the implications of what happened this episode; that Akimoto is calling the shots and telling Kawamori to avoid giving free publicity to graduated members. Worse still, as in the case of Minegishi Minami, to run disgraced members further in the dirt even in animated form.

According to a character art sheet (I dunno what's it's really called) that's going around it's been decided since probably the beginning of production for this season that she would become Mariko, so I don't think it has anything to do with any of the recent things involving Kasai or her graduation since it wasn't announced until a bit after the date listed on this image:

So also with anything else I wouldn't go assuming that anything is being messed with by Akimoto. Animation takes a while to get done and these scenes we're seeing now were probably produced a month or more ago, well before Minegishi's scandal.

All in all it seems like they were baiting people into assuming one thing on purpose, and with that in mind I'm just going to give up on any of my thoughts for this series because now everything that seemed obvious just seems -too- obvious and is probably going to turn out the complete opposite (or so I fear anyway).
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:57   Link #3320
garbage

^ well as i've said it is Kawamori ....

BTW I do like this Mimori as Mariko 8th look, she seems to have more personality, and ....pizass? Anyway before I always had trouble distinguishing Mimori & Orine especially on stage, their looks and aura seems to overlap a bit, but this version stands out more. so all is well for me.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime