Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 09:24   Link #401
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
how many novels are there now then?
and are they avaliable in English?
ive only read a small portion of the first novel when someone translated it, ive been interested in buying them or atleased reading them..
are they avaliable in English?
should be 4 right now. 0-3.
and no, but it sounded like they would be localized, so wait about a year or so.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 13:57   Link #402
digi.amuro

Any info on the Lelouch jacket announced? Is it a replica of his casual jacket or does it just have a picture of Lelouch on the back?

Really hope the former, cuz his casual jacket (s1) was pretty cool.. Even the Ashford uniform jacket would be awesome.
Old 2008-02-04, 14:38   Link #403
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Any info on the Lelouch jacket announced? Is it a replica of his casual jacket or does it just have a picture of Lelouch on the back?

Really hope the former, cuz his casual jacket (s1) was pretty cool.. Even the Ashford uniform jacket would be awesome.
the former.

http://www.geass.jp/apparel.html
Old 2008-02-04, 14:39   Link #404
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Is this the one you're looking for? (Click to go to official page.)

It's been released for a while.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:17   Link #405
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

When season 2 starts, is there going to be a Code Geass R2 page created or will this one still be used, but be moved from Older Series group?
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 17:25   Link #406
digi.amuro

It was also announced they were releasing it here in the US too. I know this is old news, but:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...007/code-geass

That's why I was curious, cuz the US screws their anime fans over half the time, what with the half-assed merchandise I've seen over the years, tho they've been getting better about it, I suppose.

Guess I can rest easier, I mean there's no way they can mess up a jacket...or can they?
Old 2008-02-05, 04:03   Link #407
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Mass deletion...anyhow.

I do have a question regarding ep 25 When suzaku shoots Zero's Helmet and reveals Lelouch's face and geass eye.

Could he see the Eye actually? O-o

I'm getting mixed feelings from Ep 1 where the guy pointing a gun at Lelouch could clearly and most likely make out the forming pink glow before he got commanded. I'm not sure if it applies to Ep 25 but I've always wondered if Suzaku could see it.

Kallen couldn't see it considering her distance most likely <<;

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 04:47   Link #408
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Mass deletion...anyhow.

I do have a question regarding ep 25 When suzaku shoots Zero's Helmet and reveals Lelouch's face and geass eye.

Could he see the Eye actually? O-o

I'm getting mixed feelings from Ep 1 where the guy pointing a gun at Lelouch could clearly and most likely make out the forming pink glow before he got commanded. I'm not sure if it applies to Ep 25 but I've always wondered if Suzaku could see it.

it is very confusing as to wether or not people are able to see the eye...
but i was thinking of a line in the first R2 promo, the one that says something like
Lelouch die with that cursed eye of yours..
i dont remember the exact words but it certainly makes you think that he is able to see it..

EDIT: found the original translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Lines from the 1st trailer.
.Lelouch! Die with that demon eye of yours! (white)

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-02-05 at 05:07.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 06:15   Link #409
Oppius
Banned

Is Milly Ashford a lesbian or bisexual. I always puzzled with her sexuality.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 07:02   Link #410
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well we know she likes Lelouch and I think she is really just joking when she messes around with Shirley and Kallen.

Regarding the eye, I think it can be seen by others if it is activated.
Old 2008-02-05, 07:21   Link #411
digi.amuro

From what I've read, it seems that the eye is only visible to the viewers, but not to other characters in the story.
Old 2008-02-05, 10:19   Link #412
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

The geass eye, whether activated or not, are not visible to ordinary human eye.
Only geass related people (C.C. & Mao) and we audiences are able to see it.

This was demonstrated by Kallen in Episode 3. After she talked with Ougi she was reminded of what Lelouch said. When she recalls this scene, which we know is Lelouch trying to geass her for the 2nd time (09:05), she was looking at Lelouch and both his eyes are normal (14:09).

And before anyone asks, this is done on purpose, not mis-coloring of any sort.
This is the one and only chance we get to see an activated geass eye from the perspective of a character in the show. In other circumstances, we are always looking from the audience's perspective. Well of course. Since geass erases memories, Kallen is the only one who has been geassed and can still remember it.

Lelouch knows this himself. He never hesitated to use geass in front of groups of people, and even right in front of Kallen (Ep9) or Rivalz (Ep22). He knows that people won't see it. All he has to do is use careful wording to make others think the person geassed is just persuaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Kallen couldn't see it even if she's grabbing him by the collar. XD

The captain said "what?" because of Lelouch's attitude change. A minute ago this student is shivering, and the next minute he's all confident and giving them a lecture. (If that line isn't "what", blame it to the sub. ;p)

It doesn't matter if Suzaku can see it or not. V.V. already told him about the geass. All he wants to know is who is Zero before he shoots him. And Lelouch didn't even bother to argue.
If, and only if, Suzaku already has geass inside of him, he would be able to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
it is very confusing as to whether or not people are able to see the eye...
but i was thinking of a line in the first R2 promo, the one that says something like
Lelouch die with that cursed eye of yours.
It doesn't have much to do with being visible or not.
This line can't come from a person who doesn't already know about Lelouch's geass. If a random person sees a red eye and automatically assume it to be a demon eye, and feels an urge to kill, he needs to consult psychological assistance. XD
Since he/she already knew, there's no need to see it.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-05 at 11:17.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 13:54   Link #413
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
It doesn't matter if Suzaku can see it or not. V.V. already told him about the geass. All he wants to know is who is Zero before he shoots him. And Lelouch didn't even bother to argue.
If, and only if, Suzaku already has geass inside of him, he would be able to see.
Regarding Suzaku, was it ever gone into detail what exactly the effects were of C.C. doing that image flash thing? She seemed to think him being able to sense her was because of this, but then she started on that it could have been something else. Could he be able to see the geass because of that?
Old 2008-02-05, 14:35   Link #414
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Regarding Suzaku, was it ever gone into detail what exactly the effects were of C.C. doing that image flash thing? She seemed to think him being able to sense her was because of this, but then she started on that it could have been something else. Could he be able to see the geass because of that?
I doubt C.C.'s actions have anything to do with Suzaku's being able to see Lelouch's geass in 25. More likely the answer lies in Suzaku's ability to run on walls. >_> (the novels, Nightmare of Nunnally and magazine interviews have all hinted that Suzaku's physical abilities are far from normal)
Old 2008-02-05, 14:45   Link #415
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

There's also the lack of info on his mother.

I'm starting to think Suzu was created then given birth to. Sorta explains why Lloyd calls him an object and a Devicer than anything else.

O-o;

Old 2008-02-05, 14:50   Link #416
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, Lloyd seems to regard everything in terms of mechanics, so that may not really mean anything.

Still, there is a surprisingly small amount of info about Suzaku's family and nothing on his mother. This may sound crazy, but has there been any hints that his mother could be Marianne? Perhaps that is where he got all his great piloting abilities and such from. It would also be a hell of a twist.
Old 2008-02-05, 15:16   Link #417
Isegrim

In this case, the last Japanese prime minister and Marianne must have had sexual relationships... very doubtful, in my opinion. Suzaku seems to be 100% eleven. His abilities are a result of hard working in Tohdoh's dojo, I think.
Old 2008-02-05, 15:23   Link #418
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, I was just curious if there had been anything to suggest differently. I know that we know nothing about his mother, but was she mentioned even once or even alluded to in any of the Code Geass media?
Old 2008-02-05, 15:29   Link #419
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

I think one of the Questions to Taniguchi involved Suzaku's mother which was answered " No comment."

I'm not sure though...she's sorta never mentioned throughout the whole series. Which makes me wonder if he really is KIRA YAMATO IN THE BRITANNIAN CENTURY.

Old 2008-02-05, 15:43   Link #420
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So Taniguchi avoided the question? I suppose it must be important then and it must be related to his abilities and possibly with the geass though?

C.C. said something like "or is it because he is also..." when trying to figure out why he could sense her, right?

Tags
q&a